Cornwall Football Forum

Decision of the ECPL Management Committee regarding the fixture between Probus and Wadebridge Town

The decision of the ECPL Management Committee where Wadebridge Town failed to raise a side to play Probus is as follows:

Game awarded to Probus
Wadebridge to be deducted 3 points.

The amended Table has been adjusted on the ECPL Mitoo Website.

Sorry copey, games which don't take place - and even abandoned matches - don't count towards one of your three matches!

I've not read the ECPL rules nor have I seen the actual decision made regarding the above match but, if the above postings are correct, I should point out that the Standard Code of FA Rules do not permit the award of any goals in such circumstances: all of these Rules are mandatory. Awarding and/or deducting points is OK but the result should be recorded as a 0 - 0.

Sorry copey, games which don't take place - and even abandoned matches - don't count towards one of your three matches!

I've not read the ECPL rules nor have I seen the actual decision made regarding the above match but, if the above postings are correct, I should point out that the Standard Code of FA Rules do not permit the award of any goals in such circumstances: all of these Rules are mandatory. Awarding and/or deducting points is OK but the result should be recorded as a 0 - 0.

Why does this vary from league to league? As in one league will award 3 points and the win to the ‘innocent’ team, another league will deduct the points from the team in the wrong and not award anything to the innocent team, surly the FA should just down the line say this happens………..??!

But surely it will say on the league table that it has gone down as a game played!!! So I assume I hope it will count as one of my banned games!!probus have been awarded the points!!! And wasebridge deducted 3! Just hope it is one of my 3!!!it definitely would have been played as the weather was nice for once this season!!!!haha