Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Results - Sat 27th April 2013

Lamerton 2-0 St Cleer

P.Breyley (penalty rebound)

A.Mayne

Excellent result for Lamerton against a good St Cleer side that created their chances. But an all round great sqaud performance from Lamerton to get the points.

Another good defence/and goalkeeping performance to get another clean sheet and the midfield solid and putting the chances away, if we done that combined earlier this season who knows?

But again great result and well chuffed with and for the lads who gave it their all today.

All the best to St Cleer for the rest of the season great bunch and well done to the ref Alan Stokes for a well run game.

Guest smashing pumpkin

Stepping in for newlyn east today in goal as they rested a few for there cup final. I thought fowey were a good team alot better than most of the top teams in the west. I cudnt do much about any of the goals. Well played fowey.

JJ Jones Duchy Football League from Michael Newcombe

Padstow United are through to the final of the Bodmin Sports Trophies League Cup after a goalless draw at St.Minver in the second leg to go through 2-0 on aggregate. St Minver slightly looked the better of the two sides with lots of energetic runs and slick passing but failed to put the chances away. St Minver had three chances cleared off the line, one in the first, two in the second half. Padstow had a chance with an open goal but sent it over the bar. The second half was just as even with neither side really testing any keeper but solid defending from both kept the score goalless! Padstow had a chance on the break with 5 minutes to go but Chris Andrews the home keeper tipped the ball over the bar.

AFC St.Austell moved a step closer to the Premier Division title after gaining a goalless draw in a hotly contested game at Torpoint Athletic.

Fowey United still harbor hopes of retaining their title and on a day when other results went their way, they had no sympathy for St.Newlyn East who they hammered 7-0. Most of the damage was done in the first half when Fowey put the game out of reach. Josh Frampton and Anthony Hillman scored a brace apiece, with Luke Giles, Sam Marchant and Mark Smith completing the rout against what were the form side in the division.

Mevagissey had a stroll in the park as they beat basement side Calstock 8-1. The home side scored at regular intervals with Richard James and Adam Trudgeon scoring a brace apiece. The other home goals came from Ben Rothwell, Sam Blount, Chris Dingle and substitute Ryan Lavery. Calstock were awarded an 84th minute penalty and goalkeeper Tony Holliday stepped up to strike home their consolation.

St.Mawgan have an anxious wait to see if they have salvaged their place in the division, but a two all home draw with second placed Saltash United gave them a bonus point from their last game. Sean Lambart and Chris Leach scored for St.Mawgan with Lee Jacketts and Tony Jane replying for Saltash who appear to have lost their last chance of winning the title.

Probus believe they need two wins to preserve their status as a goalless draw with St.Columb Major didn’t really help their cause. Probus hit the bar with five minutes remaining, but their keeper had made a fine save earlier in the game so the result was a fair reflection.

Lamerton beat St.Cleer 2-0 with Alex Mayne and Paul Breyley hitting the target.

Biscovey strengthened their position at the top of Division One after beating Grampound 3-1. All four goals came from corners. The first was headed in by Martyn Jones in the 5th minute. Another corner led to Nick Isbell scoring the second five minutes later. Grampound were failing to cope with a series of short corners taken by the home side and from another of these Isbell added his second. Biscovey switched off on the stroke of half time and from a Grampound corner Jason Retallick hit a neat volley to give them some hope. The second half frittered out with little happening in typical end of season fare.

Godolphin Atlantic warmed up nicely for their KO Cup semi-final clash on Wednesday night and improved their promotion hopes following a 5-1 defeat of St.Dennis. Ryan Martin and Ben Colquhoun both hit a brace with Martin Gammon completing their tally. Paul Rowe scored the visitors consolation.

Looe Town still have outside hopes of promotion, which were boosted by a 5-0 win over one of the other leading group Polperro. Matt Barton was the star with four goals with Danny Carroll adding their remaining goal.

Maker with Rame drew 1-1 at home to St.Dominick to help their relegation fight. Neill Williams put the home side ahead, but to young sixteen year-olds were involved in the visitor’s last minute equalizer. Josh King was fouled in the box and Jack Wray tucked away the penalty to end a scrappy game all square.

Week St.Mary stay just above the bottom two after losing 2-3 at home to Pensilva. Week scored through Kenny Gunningham-Hale and an own goal. Goals from Jon Filbey, Zak Peel and Sam Rogers gave Pensilva the spoils.

St.Breward are still fighting for survival from Division Two after suffering a 1-0 home loss to Sticker. In a competitive game, St.Breward failed to trouble the Sticker keeper, and it was typical of the visitor’s season that in a game they dominated there was only one goal to show for their efforts. The score was level at the interval with Sticker virtually camped in the home half after the break, but chances were missed or wasted at regular intervals. Luke Perkes running in from the right blasted home what proved the winner midway through the second half.

AFC Bodmin beat Gerrans & St.Mawes United 2-1 with Andy Seymour and Adam Brown hitting the home goals.

Roche are relegated from Division Three after a 7-2 defeat at Camelford, which also preserves the home sides place for next season. Ian Marks and Craig Thompson both hit hat tricks for Camelford with Jamie Burnett adding their other goal. Craig Tamblyn and Richard Higgins were the visitor’s scorers.

St.Teath remain bottom of Division Four, but did pick up a point from a three all draw at Gunnislake reserves. Mike King, Kieren Jasper and Norton Boultby scored for Gunnislake with Mike Titchen, Tom Chapman and Matt Mountain replying.

St.Neot finished their season knowing only a win would keep their outside title hopes alive. They had a disastrous start at Gorran going two down in the first ten minutes. Guy Widdows scored the first followed by a Jack Bray-Smith penalty. St.Neot pulled the game level by half time and scored three times without reply in the second half. A Dan Chapman brace and goals from Adam Gregory, Ryan Chapman and Andy Tamblyn take them top, but knowing that overnight leaders North Hill have four games left to play. At least they can celebrate guaranteed promotion.

Lifton can’t now gain automatic promotion despite their 3-1 defeat of Pensilva reserves. Tom Ellacott scored a brace with Andy Wills adding their other goal. Nathan Deighton replied for Pensilva.

Grampound reserves moved nearer safety after beating Wadebridge Town 2-1. The visitor’s went one up after a neat one-two ended with Richard Dunstan chipping the home keeper, but Grampound equalized when a Matt Skews cross was nodded in by Rob Sharpe. Grampound felt aggrieved in the second half when a penalty shout was ignored by the referee, but they were much later awarded a “soft” penalty. Ryan Orchard had the spot kick saved but followed up to hit the winner.

Torpoint Comrades stay next to bottom after losing 3-1 at home to Tintagel. Fred Wilcox was the home marksman.

Division Five Champions Veryan are now just one game away from going through the season unbeaten after humbling Pelynt reserves 8-0 away from home. Justin Trebilcock and Martin Bishop scored a brace apiece with Tom Allen, Bobby-Lee Johns and Ollie Young adding a goal each and the other goal coming off a home defender.

Boscastle reserves look as if they will avoid re-election after thrashing St.Newlyn East reserves six nil. Jon Bosley scored a brace with Dean Favreau, Henry Bright, Sam Haddy and Matthew Pethick completing the rout.

St.Mawgan reserves were beaten 5-0 at home by North Petherwin reserves. Glenn Charnock, Adam Nelson, James Lobb, Lee Robinson and Scott Crichton were the scorer’s.

Duke of Cornwall will finish bottom after losing their next to last game 2-1 at home to Tregrehan Mills. Ben Nagle was the home scorer.

Saturday 27th April 2013

Bodmin Sports Trophies League Cup Semi-Final 2nd Leg

St. Minver

0-0

Padstow United

Padstow win 2-0 on aggregate

Premier Division

Fowey United

7-0

St.Newlyn East

Lamerton

2-0

St. Cleer

Mevagissey

8-1

Calstock

Torpoint Athletic

0-0

St. Austell

St.Mawgan

2-2

Saltash Utd.

Probus

0-0

St.Columb Major

First Division

Biscovey

3-1

Grampound

Godolphin Atlantic

5-1

St. Dennis

Looe Town

5-0

Polperro

Maker with Rame

1-1

St.Dominick

Week St. Mary

2-3

Pensilva

Second Division

St.Breward

0-1

Sticker

AFC Bodmin

2-1

Gerrans & St.Mawes

Foxhole Stars

LKO

Queens Rangers

Third Division

Camelford

7-2

Roche

Fourth Division

Gorran

2-5

St. Neot

Gunnislake Reserves

3-3

St.Teath

Lifton

3-1

Pensilva Reserves

Torpoint Comrades

1-3

Tintagel

Grampound Reserves

1-2

Wadebridge

Fifth Division

Boscastle Reserves

6-0

St.Newlyn East Res

Duke of Cornwall

1-2

Tregrehan Mills

Pelynt Reserves

0-8

Veryan

St.Mawgan Reserves

0-5

North Petherwin Res

Southgate Seniors

0-3

St.Merryn

Maker v st Dom. 1v1 would say a fair result but I'm biased and said doms should of won. With maker manager running the line in the first half and telling his players to snap an hit people is a bit of a joke an then coming on and saying he will do anything at all costs to win the game is a bit over the top. If mr spurling wasn't the red yesterday it would of got completely out of hand, maker resorted to trying to bulky hurt and injur our player with late and silly needless tackles. Well done to Ian for reffing the game and in my eyes keeping it disciplined. 10/10 for the ref yesterday

Maker v st Dom. 1v1 would say a fair result but I'm biased and said doms should of won. With maker manager running the line in the first half and telling his players to snap an hit people is a bit of a joke an then coming on and saying he will do anything at all costs to win the game is a bit over the top. If mr spurling wasn't the red yesterday it would of got completely out of hand, maker resorted to trying to bulky hurt and injur our player with late and silly needless tackles. Well done to Ian for reffing the game and in my eyes keeping it disciplined. 10/10 for the ref yesterday

I'm not posting about the game, but more about the referee, Ian Spurling. In our experiences with Ian as a ref, he has always handled our games with skill and good judgement. I woud imagine he'll advance up the rankings over the next few years, and good luck to him.He treats players and managers with courtesy and respect, while also maintaining his authority- not an easy thing to do in the hurly-burly of a football match.

phoenix and keithy87 thank you for those kind words I do try my best and am still enjoying it as for advancing futher up the ladder I`m 53 this year and have been up at the higher levels and had a great time but now I`m just refereeing to enjoy my self and hopefully let you lads have a good game of football with out any bother ( mind you , you still have to behave ) once again thanks . IAN :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gorran 2-5 St Neot

St Neot went into this game knowing 3 points on there final game would confirm them in the top 2 and they got off to the worst possible start going 2-0 after 10 minutes! They finally got into the game and had it levelled at 2-2 at half time with goals from Dan Chapman and Adam Gregory who have formed a great striking partnership this season! After half time St Neot took the game to Gorran and dominated scoring another 3 goals through Dan Chapman, Ryan Chapman and Andrew Tamblyn! The final whistle brought on the celebrations to a club who have now been promoted two seasons on the trott after joining the Duchy Leagues last season!

phoenix and keithy87 thank you for those kind words I do try my best and am still enjoying it as for advancing futher up the ladder I`m 53 this year and have been up at the higher levels and had a great time but now I`m just refereeing to enjoy my self and hopefully let you lads have a good game of football with out any bother ( mind you , you still have to behave ) once again thanks . IAN :thumbsup::thumbsup:

All I can say is thank you, you controlled the game in a professional manner. I reckon you should be the standard the Cornwall FA should be looking to get there refs at...

You are a credit to all referees. Well done just wish you were 10 years younger we need more like your self on the circuit.

All I can say is thank you, you controlled the game in a professional manner. I reckon you should be the standard the Cornwall FA should be looking to get there refs at...

You are a credit to all referees. Well done just wish you were 10 years younger we need more like your self on the circuit.

I can honestly say Ian Spurlings performance on Saturday was by far and away the most shocking I have seen from a local ref! He took everything that went on in the game personally and seemed to spend the majority of his time trying "teach players a lesson" rather then make correct decisions. He played 9 minutes of stoppages and there were no injurys. When asked where he got the time from he replied "it's your own fault" no explanation what so ever! He seemed to take great joy in awarding a 99th minute penalty which was one of the most pathetic decisions I have seen. No player on the park understood what it was for

Apart from the ref saying NO pushing in the box to both players involved before the corner was taken and it was heard by everyone,

Only for the home keeper to put both hands in the st Dominick players back and push him. So it's a clear penalty and even your own keeper admitted back the pub that it was a pen!!!!!.. As for a poor performance From the ref i disagree and I even had a player sent off and played 35mins with 10 men. If we had a weaker ref it would of got out of hand and someone seriously hurt, maybe some people need to take a step back and just listen to wat was being said by the home supporters and management on the side line. HIT UM SNAP UM ROUGH UM UP before saying anything!!!!!Great encouragement for young lads wanting to play men's footy, training must be fun for maker!!!!

Maker with rame are a bunch of pricks who are out to try and spoil a game of football, all they try and do is hurt you and provoke you, hope someone seriously hurts one of their players and maybe they will realise what there Acually doing. Hope you rot away in duchy 2

Your manager ran the line and cheated, shouted abuse and silly comment like smash him. Hit him, snap them. Then came on and made 3 bad tackles a high foot and blatenly said he would cheat to win!!!! Didnt say total football I said we try and play football ie pass where as you lot try and kick lumps outa people, me being 25 and one of the oldest in the team as we have 6/7 16 year olds playing for us u have to look out for them! Would u wana be up against that at 16 ?????? A bunch of idiots trying to hurt and cheat swear and abuse people, and as for the stoppage time I'm sure it warrants everything that went on ! Ur keeper took about 20 seconds every goal kick, 4/5 bookings. U not giving us a ball and making us go get it, 5 subs couple injurys all adds up

I don't if its the same manager but two players had an alteration on the floor, then there manager stamped on 1 our lads heads,then after these invents u can imagine what happened, match abandoned fa hearing etc luckily we were 3.1 up and got the points but wasnt a nice experience,

Christ...sounds like Maker with Rame are a team to avoid! I love the physical side of football but some teams take it too far. We've just been promoted and will be in Duchy 1 next season so I hope Maker end up getting relegated if they are this bad?!

Guest cescfab_4

Maker & Rame are a good physical side who are passionate about their football. As a fellow local side we have had many friendlies against them and I have always enjoyed it. They bring diversity to the league and undoubtedly play to their strengths. Having seen a few of their games this season and various other Div 1 sides I believe they have the quality to stay up.

I do not believe they are out to hurt individuals but they do like a strong challenge. Comments on this thread hoping for broken legs is a little unjust. I actually found St Dominic to be very physical in our cup game this year and one of their players wanted a little extra after the final whistle. Lets let the referee control the game as I'm sure Mr Spurling did.

Morcs I wouldn't be too worried as I'm sure if you have the quailty in your side you'll come out on top in you encounters next season.

Maker and Rame are a physical side but so can St. Dominick and other sides if they want to be , the cautions Saturday were mainly for silly challenges for persistent infringing , there was a few hard tackles but none that would of deem straight reds, The biggest problem was that things were said by certain people who should really think before they speak , but then we all can be guilty of that , one or two players crossed the line with what was said and they have been dealt with in the appropriate manner . But I would willingly officiate either Maker or St Dom any time as they both know what you see with me is what you get and both teams look after you really well at the end of the game good luck to both sides next season where ever you play and I hope to see you both soon.