Cornwall Football Forum

Just want to say thanks to the JCCL and clubs for turning down my appeal to register as a player for Newquay AFC after being moved down to Cornwall by the Army, although I appreciate there is a deadline (31st march), I was hoping for a little common sense or even compassion as it wasn't like I was being brought into save Newquay's season, but just to play some football after moving to the area.

Once again thank you

As you can see from my post I am aware of the rules, but having been moved down here not by choice and after the deadline I was hoping for a little bit of compassion when Newquay put the late registration to the board, I accept the division just disappointed as can not kick a ball till next season, although some will say that's a good thing haha

Savo unfortunately Newquay have many players signed on so their is no compelling case that Newquay had to sign another player outside the registration window apart from somebody who wants a game! Exceptions have been made in the past over goalkeepers but with 4 sides at The club you wish to sign for the precedent would have been set for more clubs to apply the rule. The trelawny have the same rule so I wouldn't single out just the JCCL! I am sure being a member of her majesty's finest you can get your fix of football with 5 a side in the interim before pre season training starts more then likely these days on the 2nd June!!!

The standard cut-off date for transfers and registrations in all Leagues is 31st March; this is to stop teams pushing for promotion or fighting to avoid relegation, being able to strengthen their normal side with players from higher Leagues or from other Clubs in the same League who may have little left to play for. It's always worth seeking exemption in case the Leagues view the circumstances as exceptional.