Cornwall Football Forum

First team v second team

Guest BenTheYeti

Did it myself a few years ago after a "disagreement" with the first team manager.. I find just not answering the phone works well :ninja::D

depends on your club rules ,and has probable happened at most clubs with two or more teams over the seasons ,lots of clubs will say 1st team takes preference ,but some managers will say if a player does not want to play for him he can go forth and fornicate. so sometimes a bit of common sense by club officails can sort out most problems hope this helps

Get the 1st team and 2nd team manager singing from the same hymn sheet. Too many 'clubs' are basically run as two separate teams with no unity between the sides.

If you have a policy between you where if a certain player refuses to help out the 1st team then the 2nd team manager simply won't pick him for his side then that should help sort the problem out?

Guest cescfab_4

Wouldn't say they can stop them but I believe clubs should be working together regardless of how many teams you have. Second teamers should take that step up and support the club. It's also the same going the other way.

The answer to your question is yes a club CAN stop him playing for 2nds but only if, as has been mentioned, its enforced by the 2nds manager. In an ideal world a player will play for whichever side he is picked for but the reality tends to be slightly different. Its all politics really and doing what is right and fair but ensuring that you get 2 (or more) teams out on the day as well.

I've only had this issue once, I play junior football and play Sunday league too. I didn't want to step up and help the 1st team for a few weeks as it wouldn't have been a long term move and it would have ruined my Sunday football. Totally agree though that the first team should take priority. It all depends on the player though, the majority want to play with mates.