Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny results - Thursday 25th april 2013

great result for newlyn, after we made a huge effort to get a team to trelander tonight got kitted up warmed up, then at half 6 trelander decide to call the game off because they only had 6 players. Such a waste of time and fuel in cars surely they should be able to decide if they have enough players the day before or latest lunchtime today?? Then can let us know so we dont waste our time.

Div 5

Newlyn 2-2 Marazion Res

Shocking game from us to say the least. In one word, pitiful. Decided to play 3-5-2 and we were all over the place. Had several chances and took the lead after about 20 mins when Scott James crossed for Matty Thomas to head in. Newlyn equalised when a long throw wasn't cleared and fell to the player who tapped in from close range. Newlyn then took the lead when a free kick was pumped into the box and their player got his head to the ball before Eric to head into an empty net.

2-1 down at half time we change back to 4-4-2 and looked a little more balanced. We created chance after chance but credit to the Newlyn defence and keeper they threw themselves at ever ball. We equalised with about 10 mins to go when a cross was tapped in at the far post by Liam Mooney. We still had several chances late on but couldn't find the back of the net.

Game was well reffed by Simon Berryman who was on top of everything. The result has certainly made it interesting but if we continue playing like that we will be lucky to finish mid table!!!!!!

MOM - You're having a laugh !!!!

Eric Sleeman

Jamie Mooney

Adam Martin

James Burlingham

Scott James

Craig Rennard Steve Hunt

Dale Vigus

Sanjay Vadgama

Mark Hampton Jason O'Sullivan

Matty Thomas 1

Liam Mooney 1

Bit of a pathetic thing to say about a team-mate. This guy must be class to Say a thing like this :/

Prem

Carharrack 1-4 st keverne

Ryan martt for carharrack simply didn't play well tonight good luck st keverne rest season deserved the win!

Div 5

Ludgvan 13 - 1 Penwith Exiles

Another good win against a spirited Exiles side who kept battling til the end and were rewarded with a late goal.

We were a bit slow to start but we seem to have found some form by playing several games at home in recent weeks & soon picked up the tempo. Some good football played all round and some good finishing.

A special mention goes to Ross W who came on as sub & received the biggest cheer of the season when he put the ball in the back of the net late on in the second half for what would have been his first Ludgvan goal. However whilst he was doing his dance of celebration he'd been cruelly flagged offside by the linesman. Joy turned to disappointment in an instant.

Ludgvan scorers

Ben Mills 4

Andy Weir 2

Andy Shorten 2

Charlie Penney 2

Kayode Odetayo 1

John Matthews 1

Plus 1 own goal.

Next game - home v Marazion next tuesday. This should be an interesting game!

Guest BenTheYeti

Bit of a pathetic thing to say about a team-mate. This guy must be class to Say a thing like this :/

Prem

Ryan martt for carharrack simply didn't play well tonight good luck st keverne rest season deserved the win!

May I state the obvious and point out that the sentence probably reads as such;

Ryan Martt for Carharrack. Simply didn't play well tonight

they have already cancelled against helston on saturday due to being unable to raise a side

great result for newlyn, after we made a huge effort to get a team to trelander tonight got kitted up warmed up, then at half 6 trelander decide to call the game off because they only had 6 players. Such a waste of time and fuel in cars surely they should be able to decide if they have enough players the day before or latest lunchtime today?? Then can let us know so we dont waste our time.

Holmans 1v Wendron 2

div 3

All credit must go to Holmans tonight as they started the game with 10 players then lost another to injury,

battled hard all game and put some of my players to shame as we huffed and puffed our way through the game,

as you would expect we made many chances but with most looking to shoot on sight no more than 4 or 5 shots actually going anywhere near the Holmans goal.dissapointed with the quality of football we played but 3 points at this stage of the season not to be sniffed at, all the best to Holmans for the rest of the season your players done your club proud tonight .

Prem

Ryan Martt for Carharrack. Simply didn't play well tonight

I was waiting for someone to point that out ;)

Yes thanks to Threemilestone for the lending of their away kit! Fair to say our resident pti has had a rebrief! Playing 3 games a week is def now showing, not a game of many chances and apart from the pen and a save in the first half the Culdrose keeper didn't have much to do. Culdrose had a lot of the play in the 2nd half but only had a couple of chances, although we're denied a stonewall pen late on when our forward was taken down after a quick turn. Once again cheers for the kit!!

Yes thanks to Threemilestone for the lending of their away kit! Fair to say our resident pti has had a rebrief! Playing 3 games a week is def now showing, not a game of many chances and apart from the pen and a save in the first half the Culdrose keeper didn't have much to do. Culdrose had a lot of the play in the 2nd half but only had a couple of chances, although we're denied a stonewall pen late on when our forward was taken down after a quick turn. Once again cheers for the kit!!

Definate Penalty, I don't know how the ref didn't give it. Bit of luck for the Stones, but i think they were deserved winners on the night.

Normally i would take offence if my team had 'shock of the season' labelled on one of our results but in this case i think i can agree.. When we played zion on Tuesday i didn't really expect anything out of the game but it hurts to lose against any team 8-0 but it hurts even more when its against players that you use to play with a few years back and i had to watch the whole 90 mins from the sidelines because of both my groins are gone... We fell out with each other on Tuesday and didn't take it seriously and really hurt ourselves. I didn't help the team either as i was too quiet on the sidelines.. Thursday evening i decided i would start the game and i think helped boost the teams morale a bit.. I am so proud of each and everyone of our players for the fantastic turn around it was absolutely amazing and i am extremely proud to call myself the Newlyn dolphins manager and i am greatful that i have an experienced player in my goalkeeper to give me sum great advice... Both my groins are completely gone again but it was bloody worth it :) and we almost held on to bein the first team to beat zion in the league i am gutted we didn't but again i cannot fault the effort my players gave to get that great result.. My best result as playermanager thus far... Well done Newlyn boys proud to be one of ya.. And just a little friendly advice to Zion... Just because you gave a team a drumming the first time round.. You never go in to a game thinking your going too do the same!! Thanks everyone for the comments

Div 3

Ranger 3 v 0 Lanner

Think I'll start in reverse this week and thank Lanner for a tough old game last night. What can I say other than your performance last night first half especially be-lies your position in the league. You certainly caused a problem or two and could have been in the lead on another day.

Ref last night Mr Knowles had his usual no nonsense and no problems game. Amazing how a good ref gives you such a better game and no-one complains about anything. We thank you sir.

Now first half Lanner looked pretty dam good on the brake and their front man was getting passed a back 3 all to often for my liking. So quick change to a four at the back problem in the main solved. Not saying they didn't create the odd chance because they did but we looked much more solid. Plus we go and bang one in from a great volley from a corner kick. End of the half 1-0.

Quick ticking off from the management and all back out for the second half. This time Rangers were on the front foot and other than the odd scramble at the back in control. Two more goals found their mark and its good night sweet heart to this contest. A banana skin truely dodged 3-0 Rangers.

All the best to Lanner and hope the rest of the season is more fruitful for you. Well played.

Normally i would take offence if my team had 'shock of the season' labelled on one of our results but in this case i think i can agree.. When we played zion on Tuesday i didn't really expect anything out of the game but it hurts to lose against any team 8-0 but it hurts even more when its against players that you use to play with a few years back and i had to watch the whole 90 mins from the sidelines because of both my groins are gone... We fell out with each other on Tuesday and didn't take it seriously and really hurt ourselves. I didn't help the team either as i was too quiet on the sidelines.. Thursday evening i decided i would start the game and i think helped boost the teams morale a bit.. I am so proud of each and everyone of our players for the fantastic turn around it was absolutely amazing and i am extremely proud to call myself the Newlyn dolphins manager and i am greatful that i have an experienced player in my goalkeeper to give me sum great advice... Both my groins are completely gone again but it was bloody worth it :) and we almost held on to bein the first team to beat zion in the league i am gutted we didn't but again i cannot fault the effort my players gave to get that great result.. My best result as playermanager thus far... Well done Newlyn boys proud to be one of ya.. And just a little friendly advice to Zion... Just because you gave a team a drumming the first time round.. You never go in to a game thinking your going too do the same!! Thanks everyone for the comments

I'm still in shock that you have 2 groins.........

Prem

Ryan Martt for Carharrack. Simply didn't play well tonight I was waiting for someone to point that out ;)

My English ain't up to standards Rappo mate apologies Ryan martt scored the goal and was our best player on the night. I wouldn't single anyone out we win as a team and lose as a team