Cornwall Football Forum

Look out at the bottom of the Combo.

A couple of weeks ago it was looking like one up one down from the Trelawny as Threemilestone lost points and a game but suddenly the teams ahead of them have faltered.

Tonight (Wednesday) they beat Redruth United 3-0 to jump to 5th in their league with games in hand.

Redruth United want up but have now lost 2 in a row. Last minute nerves?

http://full-time.thefa.com/Index.do?divisionseason=780565756&league=3983534

Their ground has been approved for Combo football and they are upgrading their facilities to become a Combo club.

Will they after years of trying become a Combo club at last.

WILL IT BE 2 UP and 2 DOWN THIS SEASON!

Who will go down.

Will it be Holmans and Hayle or Newquay or Troon or Porthleven?

Massive win for TMS tonight in Trelawny Premier against Redruth United.

If I was in the bottom two of JCCL I would start worrying because I can see both side getting the top four finish they need to promote.

Having watched Trelawny Premier all season I can tell you now the teams at the top are no push overs.

TMS have four games left. Playing us Carharrack tonight, Constantine, Redruth United and Falmouth Albion. Two games in hand over the teams above. I would say 6 points definite and fight to the last at Redruth and Falmouth Albion. I think they will just get that top 4 finish needed to go up.

Had always assumed that it would be two up subject to ground gradings but hadn't realised that a 4th placed side could be promoted. Is it possible that a 4th placed Combo side be promoted into SWPL West also ?

I only ask because you have to finish top 2 in the SWPL West and have ground grading done, even then, only one can go up.

I think from the Peninsula League feeders to the Peninsula East/West you have to finish in the top three first teams, i.e. excluding reserves (although the reserves of Bideford, say, would be eligible if they finished high enough in the North Devon League and wanted to enter because there is a big enough gap between the status of their first team and the SWPL Step 7 divisions.

To be considered for promotion a team has to finish in the top three of the Trelawny League unless one or more of those sides are a reserve side of a team already in the combo, then the team finishing fourth may be considered for promotion.

When the Peninsular League was formed three Combo teams were promoted into it for the start of the 2007-08 season.

Illogan finished top but declined promotion.

Mousehole were second and were promoted along with Hayle who finished fourth and Wendron who finished seventh.

These three sides were replaced in the Combo by Hayle Reserves, Wendron Reserves and Porthleven Reserves.

Since then the teams who have joined the SWPL from the Combo have been

For the start of the season indicated

2008-09 Thruo City Reserves

2009-10 Perranporth

2010-11 No-one promoted

2011-12 Helston Athletic

2012-13 No-one promoted

2013-14 No-one promoted

Looking at the Trelawny Prem Table, if I am reading it correctly, TMS could get a max of 46pts and currently a GD of +28. St Keverne would need 5pts from 3 games to guarantee 4th place and displace TMS into 5th place. Or 4pts might do with a few good high scoring wins to overtake TMS on GD. Newquay AFC Reserves will be looking at this weekends results with great interest, especially as they have no game of their own, perhaps some Peppermints fans may pop along to the TMS match at Falmouth Albion, KO 2.30pm - Dracaena Park, Falmouth. TR11 2EL

4 Threemilestone 27 14 5 8 28 43 *

5 Mawnan 27 11 10 6 16 43

6 St Keverne 25 12 6 7 15 42

judge you don't half going on about your beloved Newquay. no one cares this was about the fight for promotion not who comes down. I for one would love to se Newquay get relegated. Would be their own fault based on how they have run the 2nd team since the days of Bicknell running it. Should have kept hold of him. Their was a strong core to the team. Newquay have gone down as a club! :)

Looking at the Trelawny Prem Table, if I am reading it correctly, TMS could get a max of 46pts and currently a GD of +28. St Keverne would need 5pts from 3 games to guarantee 4th place and displace TMS into 5th place. Or 4pts might do with a few good high scoring wins to overtake TMS on GD. Newquay AFC Reserves will be looking at this weekends results with great interest, especially as they have no game of their own, perhaps some Peppermints fans may pop along to the TMS match at Falmouth Albion, KO 2.30pm - Dracaena Park, Falmouth. TR11 2EL

4 Threemilestone 27 14 5 8 28 43 *

5 Mawnan 27 11 10 6 16 43

6 St Keverne 25 12 6 7 15 42

Games next Wednesday now not tomorrow

judge you don't half going on about your beloved Newquay. no one cares this was about the fight for promotion not who comes down. I for one would love to se Newquay get relegated. Would be their own fault based on how they have run the 2nd team since the days of Bicknell running it. Should have kept hold of him. Their was a strong core to the team. Newquay have gone down as a club! :)

Jamie, you are of course entitled to your opinion and all opinions are valid. However, you have not been involved with the Club for a couple of years now and so how do you form your opinion about how the Reserve team is run now and since Andy was the manager. The Reserve team has struggled a little this year, that's not disputed, but last season Alan Yendall did a good job and plenty of young players were chosen for the County Youth squad. Interested to hear your views.

Personally, no I don't think its 'fair'. Trelawney is now the feeder league and should only feeder the best two, three max, into the league above. How often were the top two of Fal/Hel and Mining league actually promoted, partly because of the old boys combo network, I know but I cant recall that EVER happening. Finish 4th, 20 odd point behind the leaders and then get promotion? Sounds as ridiculous as the play off system to me

But then, what do I know!

Look at the top of the Trelawny Premier table. Can't be tighter. Threemilestone have been thrown a lifeline as St Keverne who have games in hand have given St Agnes a home win, meaning that it can't be any more dramatic.

http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessPublicSelect.do?psSelectedSeason=917140513&psSelectedDivision=8529016&psSelectedCompetition=0&psSelectedLeague=3983534

If a team wanting promotion cant finish in the top two of the league then surely they are not good enough - Illogan are the bench mark and teams need to be finishing above them before they try to play teams in a higher league. You cant use the argument that next season they will have better players cos what assurances are there? No wonder the combo standard is poor - it is getting filled with sub-standard teams who are not even the best in their respective lague