Cornwall Football Forum

Wed 24th April St Austell v St Blazey

Should be a good match. Inform Lillywhites chasing 3rd place against a vastly improved St Blazey. Hopefully there will be a decent crowd tonight. I thoroughly enjoyed my trip down last week taking in the victories versus Bovey and Cully.

Good luck to Nanks and the lads and hopefully they can complete a rare double over our old rivals.

Hopefully my ticket comes out of the hat to win the TV. Best wishes to everybody at the club and thanks for the hospitality last week.

7.30 ko, £4 entry, under 16's free.

Big raffle draw @ £2.00 per go. 1st prize is a 32 inch television , 2nd prize is a 3 course meal for 2 at the trenython manor and 3rd prize is a selection of wines

Good luck tonight - let's hope we can cement 4th place over tonight and home v Ivybridge Saturday

Is it definitely u16s free?.....keen to know as i'll be bringing 4 with me!!

St.Austell continue their great run of form which SHOULD now seel 4th spot and keep the pressure on Parkway/Elburton for 3rd. A great first half performance proved too much for St.Blazey to handle with quick passing, movement and great finishing. St.Blazey were slightly improved in the second half, but a resilient St.Austell did more than enough to complete the double over local rivals.

I can't help but look back over the season and think 'what if?' on some of the games where points were dropped where perhaps they shouldn't have been!

All in all, I believe this is the strongest side St.Austell has seen for a while, and with a strengthening in the summer, continued fantastic support, continued hard work from everyone behind the scenes, there's only 1 way this club is going, and that's up!

St.Austell continue their great run of form which SHOULD now seel 4th spot and keep the pressure on Parkway/Elburton for 3rd. A great first half performance proved too much for St.Blazey to handle with quick passing, movement and great finishing. St.Blazey were slightly improved in the second half, but a resilient St.Austell did more than enough to complete the double over local rivals.

I can't help but look back over the season and think 'what if?' on some of the games where points were dropped where perhaps they shouldn't have been!

All in all, I believe this is the strongest side St.Austell has seen for a while, and with a strengthening in the summer, continued fantastic support, continued hard work from everyone behind the scenes, there's only 1 way this club is going, and that's up!

I agree with what you say that this is the strongest St. Austell team for sometime. As you say a lot of hard work has gone on in the club. Firstly the team has an enthusiastic young manager in Dan Nancarrow and an experienced coach in Kelvin Hunkin. These two have seemed to have formed a formidable partnership, Dan's enthusiasm backed up by Kelvin's experience. I was talking with Kelvin before both home games last week and he said that the two of them wanted to play the quick passing game and movement that we are starting to see very effectively. The football that I saw last week and with what you observed last night against St. Blazey was a pleasure to watch and with clinical finishing.

Secondly, the players have responed to the management of Dan & Kelvin. They are obviously enjoying the football they are playing, particularly supporting each other on all areas of the pitch and clearly the results they are getting show this.

Thirdly,great credit must be given to all of those people who work behind the scenes, especially people like Peter Beard, Darryl Stamp and Trevor Ternouth etc who have stood by the club in the bad days and are deservedly reaping the benefits of their dedication and hard work today. The whole club is progressive and moving sensibly in the right direction - the ground and facilities are indicative if this. Fourthly the club has always had a number of die hard supporters, I daren't mention any names so as not to embarrass them, but they know who they are.

I look forward to attending many more games in the future when I am able to travel down. Its certainly worth the journey at the moment.