Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United v Newquay 23.4.2013 at 7.30pm

I would guess you are not happy now either. Zalick misses an early penalty given for who knows what. Stunning strike by Peps captain Sean Middleton. Absolutely disgraceful foul by S 10 a few seconds after the half time whistle resulting in a brawl and joined by, I understand, an off-duty S player who jumped over the surrounding fencing. He and his miniture dog were, again I believe, asked to leave the ground by officials of the home side.

This was the side show but a brilliant team effort by Nqy secured the points and a top 10 or 8 finish now seems likely. Maybe it's now coming together for the Peps after a season of finding their feet at the higher level.

Evidently a massive shortage of discipline within the Ashes squad based on last nights performance. Dissent galore, poor tackles, players ignoring their managers commands and all topped off with a current player watching from the stand due to a suspension jumping the railings to run onto the pitch and punch a Nqy player in the head! In full view of everyone and thankfully Spotted by officials who removed him from the ground and will be reporting incident to the FA. Real classy from the Ashes, Stu Dudley you must be proud.

I don't normally post on this site but thought I would as I watched this game last night. Before I write anything I am not a supporter of either side I just offered to come watch a good friend play as I don't get the chance to very often!

With regards to the game I thought Saltash played or at least attempted to play much better football, poor touches and miss placed passes just let them down at times. Newquay had a good game plan and stuck to it which proved decisive. I thought the centre backs for Newquay, there were 3 I think played very well and dealt with everything relatively comfortably. There weren't too many chances for either side but i do think a point a piece would have been a fair reflection on the match but like I said above give the Newquay back 3 credit where its due.

On the discipline front, yes it was an awful tackle from the Saltash player and yes it was an awful reaction from the Newquay player which sparked the brawl! It was lucky half time gave both teams a chance to cool down! I disagree with the statement made earlier that mr Dudley wasn't controlling his players, I heard him constantly talking to them reminding them to play football and remain positive. It must have been hard with the constant snipes coming from the Newquay dugout. Apart from the obvious ruckus there weren't too many flash points! The same Newquay player seemed to be involved in every off the ball incident, the left wing back I believe? He did go down very easy and roll around like he had been shot on more than one occasion but the ref bought it every time so fair play.

I would like to say that from a neutral it seemed like Newquay wanted this win much more than the home side, I didn't know where each team were in the league but after watching the game it looked like Newquay had a reason to fight for the 3 points a little more than Saltash! A good game that I enjoyed watching though and well done to Newquay!

I agree with the above post, NQ seemed to be more up for it and shocking tackle - saltash have not done well this year compared to there standards. Some really good football was played at saltash bodmin v helston few weeks ago, pity this has not inspired saltash to improve there game on a great pitch with lot of people working hard, bring back hendy.

Shocking and disgraceful behaviour last night by a Saltash player, will Saltash get rid of the player? Fine him? Poor behaviour.

I take it Saltash players run the team? Throughout this match they were completely ignoring there manager

Shocking tackles are seen week in week out at all levels but Entering the pitch and using violence is a shocking offence to commit, that player should face a lengthy ban with immediate action.

Ok, I attended this match and missed the said tackle and the subsequent retaliation.

But, let's get this clear, nobody entered the pitch. The only people on the pitch were the twenty two players and the three officials.

Shocking tackles are seen week in week out at all levels but Entering the pitch and using violence is a shocking offence to commit, that player should face a lengthy ban with immediate action.

Ok, I attended this match and missed the said tackle and the subsequent retaliation.

But, let's get this clear, nobody entered the pitch. The only people on the pitch were the twenty two players and the three officials.

In that case, you have just called my missus, the Vice Chairman and his missus and a dozen or so other Newquay fans, liars. I wasn't able to attend but within seconds I had folk on the phone telling me what happened. Anyway, regardless of what you think may or may not have happened, Newquay won, Saltash didn't.

In that case, you have just called my missus, the Vice Chairman and his missus and a dozen or so other Newquay fans, liars. I wasn't able to attend but within seconds I had folk on the phone telling me what happened. Anyway, regardless of what you think may or may not have happened, Newquay won, Saltash didn't.

I am not going to enter into a debate Nemesis. Violence, I sure you agree at any football match is truly unacceptable.

Well Pastyman you are a complete liar. The spectator/off-duty player was wearing a grey jumper and had a small dog with him. He jumped over the "railings" and was involved in the brawl. He even shook the hands of all the S players as they entered the pitch for the 2nd half. Subsequently he was spoken to and disappeared from the inside of the ground (warned off). Several people knew who he was and I believe he will be reported for his actions.

Well Pastyman you are a complete liar. The spectator/off-duty player was wearing a grey jumper and had a small dog with him. He jumped over the "railings" and was involved in the brawl. He even shook the hands of all the S players as they entered the pitch for the 2nd half. Subsequently he was spoken to and disappeared from the inside of the ground (warned off). Several people knew who he was and I believe he will be reported for his actions.

Ok "BALDY", you clearly have evidence to substantiate your allegation that a spectator/off-duty player entered the pitch. Would you please upload you photo to the site please. If, once I have seen your evidence, I will be more than happy to apologise for failing to view the incident correctly.

Might I just that that the behaviour of the Newquay Assistant Manager left a lot to be desired at both games involving Saltash United and Newquay this season.

No one is looking for an apology, just your acceptance of the facts as witnessed by more than a dozen paying spectators. I'd let it drop, let SUFC and or SWPL / CCFA deal with whatever may arise from the Refs report. If he, like you, saw nothing, then the person concerned may not be sanctioned.

To save me the time Nemesis, what was the score when the "ashes" played you earlier in the season?

No one is looking for an apology, just your acceptance of the facts as witnessed by more than a dozen paying spectators. I'd let it drop, let SUFC and or SWPL / CCFA deal with whatever may arise from the Refs report. If he, like you, saw nothing, then the person concerned may not be sanctioned.

Why should i Have to accept the facts of biased supporters who are "looking for blood".

Incidentally NEMESIS, I mentioned violence off the field, does that ring any bells?

Just to tidy things up for Pastyman, Saltash beat Newquay 4-0 earlier in the season. Violence on or off the pitch instigated by any player, should not be tolerated by the football authorities. Unfortunately for you, this is an open forum and the incident was mentioned by 8 different posters before I commented on your denial of the incident. Go pick on someone else, I wasn't at the match, but I will not have you call my missus a liar.

As I said previously, let it drop, there is nothing to be gained by you or anyone else going on about it