Cornwall Football Forum

THE FACT OF THE MATTER

Rejoice , Rejoice in this tremendous against the odds achievment

Worlds richest team wins worlds richest league shock !

The team that can afford to spend £32M on a forward just to warm the bench and pluck off other teams best players like blackberries off a bush have battled over the line again

The team with the most money, the best players, the biggest stadium and the most fans has once again defied all odds to become champions

BIG FISH - SMALL POND !

A real measure of a club of their size is surely how many times they've been European Champions - Twice is it ? In twenty odd years

Mr Clough achieved that in about 368 days !!

Rejoice , Rejoice in this tremendous against the odds achievment

Worlds richest team wins worlds richest league shock !

The team that can afford to spend £32M on a forward just to warm the bench and pluck off other teams best players like blackberries off a bush have battled over the line again

The team with the most money, the best players, the biggest stadium and the most fans has once again defied all odds to become champions

BIG FISH - SMALL POND !

A real measure of a club of their size is surely how many times they've been European Champions - Twice is it ? In twenty odd years

Mr Clough achieved that in about 368 days !!

Boring and unoriginal, Man utd aint the richest club in the world, we are laden with debt.

Of course RVP is warming the bench?? He wanted to leave Arsenal to win things, could of gone to city but chose the reds.

Get over it!

Bearing in mind, that every other little scroat in Cornwall wears the Chav burberry designed tea-towel patterned rag in Red, then perhaps Man Ure do not belong in a non-cornish thread.

With the Fergie Association having two offices (Wembley & Monkchester, for those who can do no wrong), winning the title for the 20th time is not really a huge surprise. Man Ure took over the reign from Loserpool when that side dropped off the footballing map, about the same time Sky took over the running of the game in England.

Fair play to Fergie, he has got the best out of some mediocre players, bought some fantastic ones, but has been backed by the highest income of any club in the Country. He has also played the FA for what they are, a weak willed group who are now a cash driven business rather than an Association for Football clubs.

Enjoy the title, it is only on loan until a London side in blue reclaim it.

Marksy,

I'm a West Ham fan, best ever finish =3rd. Never ever going to win the league ( or probably never again a trophy ) but that's not why we support West Ham - Man Utd fans wouldn't understand it and indeed usually mock us for it.

The original post was " Champions Again " - Factually correct ( for what is it the seventh time in nine seasons ) My argument was, and still is, should winning the English Premier League be the acid test for a club of Manchester United's size, worldwide fame and wealth. I seriously believe that the worlds premier club competition is the European Champions League and for them only to have won that twice in twenty odd years is pretty poor considering the domestic dominance they have , and the money available for good players.

All the big fish small pond stuff etc is sarcastic banter but the underlying message is the same.

Surely it's no surprise to you that huge swathes of the country dislike, even detest MUFC , but we've had this argument before in our club and I have to say that the discussion is usually at it's most sensible when discussed amongst the non Man U lovers.

Their contribution is usually just to shout " Championees " loudly or call us idiots for supporting crap teams

I just wondered if you'd like to contribute one way or another - Up to you

By the way I'm not a fag - not that it would offend anyone if I was I'm sure. And I've no reason to hide from anything or anybody

Speak soon

Brianmooreshead, you tell us why United are so widely detested,

Ive supported united for 35 years, man and boy! All of this, 'you dont live/come from manchester, richest club, chav fans, blah,blahblah' is all rubbish.

United had the foresight to build a bigger stadium, all players have a choice whether they sign the forms to play for United, no one holds a gun to their heads.

We are dispised because we have been successful over the last 20 years, if united was not winning things you wouldnt even be worried about the reds, it would be the other successful side.

Surely chelsea and city would be a better topic of debate, financially they can blow united out of the water.

Il discuss anything sensibly with anyone, so discuss away.

Bearing in mind, that every other little scroat in Cornwall wears the Chav burberry designed tea-towel patterned rag in Red, then perhaps Man Ure do not belong in a non-cornish thread.

With the Fergie Association having two offices (Wembley & Monkchester, for those who can do no wrong), winning the title for the 20th time is not really a huge surprise. Man Ure took over the reign from Loserpool when that side dropped off the footballing map, about the same time Sky took over the running of the game in England.

Fair play to Fergie, he has got the best out of some mediocre players, bought some fantastic ones, but has been backed by the highest income of any club in the Country. He has also played the FA for what they are, a weak willed group who are now a cash driven business rather than an Association for Football clubs.

Enjoy the title, it is only on loan until a London side in blue reclaim it.

Couldnt reclaim your european cup over 16 games, let alone over 38! Chelsea will be lucky to qualify for europe, Concentrate on your own bunch of clowns!

What a lovely write up, never called you a fag, called you a faggot. Anyway to win the champions league is without doubt a somewhat lucky achievement in most cases, perhaps barca aside for the few previous seasons, take us winning in Russia should have been Chelsea's , however when Chelsea won they were totally outplayed by bayern . 99 and 08 maybe not enough but as a united fan to see them in barca aside of my kids births will be my fondest memory, yours is probably beating millwall back in the day, not on the pitch either I wouldn't imagine. You'll be telling me your part of the icf next.

Brianmooreshead, you tell us why United are so widely detested,

Ive supported united for 35 years, man and boy! All of this, 'you dont live/come from manchester, richest club, chav fans, blah,blahblah' is all rubbish.

United had the foresight to build a bigger stadium, all players have a choice whether they sign the forms to play for United, no one holds a gun to their heads.

We are dispised because we have been successful over the last 20 years, if united was not winning things you wouldnt even be worried about the reds, it would be the other successful side.

Surely chelsea and city would be a better topic of debate, financially they can blow united out of the water.

Il discuss anything sensibly with anyone, so discuss away.

You're quite right Roy - it is because you are successful. Liverpool were disliked when they ruled the roost for many years.

Although, I don't think Mr Ferguson helps with his histrionics etc - you know - fergie time....refusing to do interviews, and so on.

Congrats on winning the league - GGrrrrrr!!!!!!! Tottenham next year...ha ha.

roy keane is god did not know you were so young ha ha ,as a gooner iam sorry to say man utd have won the league [yet again] due to being the best team over a season ,and many older fans like roy have been fans in the old days before prem league started all clubs attract so called glory hunters as liverpool in the 70/80 s and most recently chelsea man city this happens in all sports ,love him or loathe him fergie manages to reinvent new teams season after season

and creates a winning formula around the club ,yes they generate lots of revenue but a lot of this is due to their success on the park and they due have a large dept but what fans are worried about is trophies so well done utd even though it sticks in the throat and my club are further away than ever from competing for the title i am afraid the animal that is the pl league hand in hand with sky will only ever be won by the richest clubs and the old days when aston villa and notts forrest have a chance to win the league are a far and distant memory

Fag / Faggot - Either / Or - Both rather derogatory terms

I'm sure you had a brilliant night in the Nou Camp in 99 - I agree with the Chelsea analogy - I think they rode their luck for several rounds, but I think you make your own luck. You'll never convince me that winning the champions league isn't the benchmark of a top European team.

My abiding memories of being a West Ham fan funnily enough is not of beating Millwall either on or off the field, but the fact that you say that just reinforces my opinion of the inherent arrogance that many Man Utd fans possess.

As for the ICF, well, don't believe all you see / hear in the press. A few idiotic numptys who wanted to slash other fans with Stanley knives.

Any sensible hammer ( or anyone ) wouldn't want to be associated with them

Roy ...

This topic isn't about City or Chelsea is it

The reasons why half the country can't stick Man Utd are probably a mixture of jealousy, the arrogance ( perceived or otherwise ) of the club and in particular it's manager, and a general apathy amongst the footballing public against the year on year domination by the Countrys richest club - Forget any rubbish about arab sheiks or Russian oligarchs, financial fair play means that the club with the biggest ground and the most fans can bank on domestic domination. So you'll be very happy for the foreseeable future.

My question remains unanswered ( by you anyway, we'll disregard Marksys drivel )

Do you think Man Utds two champions league wins in the last twenty odd years are a fair reflection on their financial and global status

moore head do u think west hams trivial league finishes over the past few years warrant the amount of money your club has spent. :o typical hammer, you lot are full of blowing something but not so sure its bubbles. Roll on when you move to your olympic stadium youll be a little bit bigger then, and you can buy championship players more often :D Anyway as fun as all this was the fact remains the same, am i happy weve won the league words are indescribable and to put your silly question to bed im delighted we have won the now named champions league 3 times, of which 2 i have thoroughly enjoyed, as for the other its a slight blur as i was 1 month old, but i was kicking every ball. :yahoo: Should we of won it more , 1997 semi final blew it against dortmund, 2009 final, lost to arguably the best team at the time ive seen in my lifetime, one more example this season home to madrid robbed by the ref, you may argue it but its a fact we were the better team until it happened, we may be the richest club in england, aside of a couple of arabs 5 miles down the road, but for the champions league i do Believe Real madrid are officially the richest club in the world. Data released last few days. Final point, B Dortmund 4 Real Madrid 1, Fancy that richest club in the world and they just got dicked by some germans who arent the best in there league. Who said it was a funny old game. :lol:

Quality marksy son!!!

We got our trophy back, FACT !

No doubt that Utd deserved to win the league and good luck to them, but if there is one thing that gets my gander up it is when someone who supports them calls it "our trophy" it is not Utds trophy anymore than it is Argyles they have to win it just like any other team the fact that they have won it loads more times than any other team doesn't make it theirs. FACT