Cornwall Football Forum

Catch A match today!!

hayle beat redruth utd 2-1 at rosudgeon crackig free kick to win late in second half and two great save from the bggg as well brought back memories of how his dad used to play ,well done john and the lads and hope we can have a great support from hayle for the final when ever it is

hayle beat redruth utd 2-1 at rosudgeon crackig free kick to win late in second half and two great save from the bggg as well brought back memories of how his dad used to play ,well done john and the lads and hope we can have a great support from hayle for the final when ever it is

Im assuming it was Redrurh utd reserves stevie? 1st team played yesterday at clijah against mousehole. Good result for John and the boys

sorry kash thats what old age does for you ha ha yes redruth seconds and i must say they were very sporting in defeat as we all know after losing at semi final stage how emotions run high ,so unlucky redruth and well played their manager must be very proud of them

sorry kash thats what old age does for you ha ha yes redruth seconds and i must say they were very sporting in defeat as we all know after losing at semi final stage how emotions run high ,so unlucky redruth and well played their manager must be very proud of them

Darren will be very dissapointed, theryre having a really good season in div 3!

In the other semi final of the Jubilee Cup, West Cornwall Reserves beat Four Lanes 5-1 at Illogan's Oxland Park.

Tough first half for West, taking the lead early on with a great bit of football. Rest of the half was pretty much all Four Lanes and they got their equaliser.

1-1 half time

Second half was a different story, West Cornwall took control of the game and looked a lot more composed on and off the ball. A couple of good goals put us 3-1 up and pretty much killed the game. We added two more late on (one from a penalty) and saw the game out.

5-1 is a little harsh on Four Lanes as they had us on the ropes for large chunks of the first half. All in all we were deserved winners on the day though.

must say unlucky to marazion today a lot of the lads used to play for hayle under ruffy and i still see them around town [even if i call them marazion scum liam mooney and the others when i see them] and hard luck to my old mate and sparring partner paul [aka birchy ] hpoe he did not try to play today , always has boots will travel they are a good bunch of ladies opps sorry lads and wish them well for the rest of the season ,and i wont stop abusing any of you when i see you specaily craig 10 shots to score rennard

Sure the Marazion boys will come and watch too stevie

suppose dad will want a lift tell him the coke is on him ,tight sod [ cola that is dan not the marching powder] see you soon and well played again .apart from punching into your own net now that does remind me of dad ha ha see you both soon

i will let you off this time but well done again ,and what a goal to settle the tie ,did john recover from the players celebration when they jumped him? bet he was more worried about his baccy as he was just about to roll a fag ? only managed to see second half as i had to pick up natasha from train station [bloody kids] but thought it was a good semi final and hayle played the better football on the deck but redruth looked dangerous at set pieces and the counter attack

Barker Bowl Semi Final

Marazion Res 0-1 Helston 3rds

Hard fought games which was well won by the better team. Difficult conditions with the cross wind and rain but Helstons tactics were spot on by playing 3 at the back and crowding the midfield, preventing us from running at them. Helston had the better chances in the first half with Eric pulling off several good saves to keep us in it. We were lucky to be level at half time. Don't think we even tested their keeper which is not like us

Second half was more even but Helston got the break through when we failed to deal with a ball put in our box and their winger headed past Eric. We huffed and puffed but were always second best but did have one cleared off the line in the last few minutes. Game was well reffed although thought we were unlucky not to get a penalty in the second half when their defender handled it to prevent being hit in the face. As they say " I've seen them given".

No complaints though the better team won on the day so we will just have to concentrate on winning the league. Although I expect Camborne Park will give them a hard game, from what I have seen of the two teams I think Helston will be too strong. Quality throughout their team. Good luck to both teams and will try and get to the game, work depending.

Eric Sleeman

Jason O'Sullivan

Adam Caul

James Burlingham

Scott James

Craig Rennard

Steve Hunt

Dale Vigus

Sanjay Vadgama

Matt Thomas

Liam Mooney

Mom - James Burlingham : Battled for every ball and never gave up.

very fair report blue nose.....got our tactics spot on today. ...Every player worked their bollocks off today. .cutting out your threat. personally thought your keeper was your man of the match pulling off several great saves particularly in the first half[. For helston phil black in the middle of the park and young jack matthews at left wing back whose work rate was outstanding our men of the match but all 14 who played today were outstanding. Marazion great bunch of lads who were gracious in defeat and acknowledged that we were the better side. Good luck for the rest of the season...am sure you will win the league from here in...cant see you dropping any points="bluenose" post="238540" timestamp="1366575227"]

Barker Bowl Semi Final

Marazion Res 0-1 Helston 3rds

Hard fought games which was well won by the better team. Difficult conditions with the cross wind and rain but Helstons tactics were spot on by playing 3 at the back and crowding the midfield, preventing us from running at them. Helston had the better chances in the first half with Eric pulling off several good saves to keep us in it. We were lucky to be level at half time. Don't think we even tested their keeper which is not like us

Second half was more even but Helston got the break through when we failed to deal with a ball put in our box and their winger headed past Eric. We huffed and puffed but were always second best but did have one cleared off the line in the last few minutes. Game was well reffed although thought we were unlucky not to get a penalty in the second half when their defender handled it to prevent being hit in the face. As they say " I've seen them given".

No complaints though the better team won on the day so we will just have to concentrate on winning the league. Although I expect Camborne Park will give them a hard game, from what I have seen of the two teams I think Helston will be too strong. Quality throughout their team. Good luck to both teams and will try and get to the game, work depending.

Eric Sleeman

Jason O'Sullivan

Adam Caul

James Burlingham

Scott James

Craig Rennard

Steve Hunt

Dale Vigus

Sanjay Vadgama

Matt Thomas

Liam Mooney

Mom - James Burlingham : Battled for every ball and never gave up.

watched it was very even game, think helston just shaded it should be good final, i would agree with bluenose with helston knocking out marazion would say they are favourites! but anything can happen in football, hope it is weekend game not midweek so get decent crowd there and both teams at full strength, was impressed helstons defence and marazions keeper

yeah weekend final would be good...but we shall wait and see. should be a cracking final

watched it was very even game, think helston just shaded it should be good final, i would agree with bluenose with helston knocking out marazion would say they are favourites! but anything can happen in football, hope it is weekend game not midweek so get decent crowd there and both teams at full strength, was impressed helstons defence and marazions keeper

Was such a shame that not one Redruth player came in resudgeons club after the game though.

they were probable gutted after losing the semi dan ,have been there myself as manager so perhaps not disresecpt but just feeling very low so dont be to hard onthem

yeah different keeper from other two games with marazion but has played many times for thirds this season but work commitments stopped him from playing in the league games. No ringers in today..third team through and through x

Did hear that helston had a different keeper for third time in three games today

he played for mullion in combo yesterday. ..second time he has played for them this season...he is third team keeper end off....not that it would have made much difference as he was only forced to make one save. get over it bgg

Which combo team did helston keeper from today play for yesterday?

dan good point about rosudgeon and supporting the club but it also happens i am afraid in league games and remind dad he still owes me that coke and he hasnt sent any silly texts lately , know i am rambling on now but its my age and way past my bedtime ha ahor even ha ha

yes it will be same for final....besides we could only play two "ringers" as every one call its if we wanted

respect that it was third team who got job done? wonder if will be same for final :)

well im sure with helstons reputation, cup final with players earning there spot by beating in my opinion best team in league in marazion deserve there spot in final

no problem with the ref today...our young lino very fair...

think you find from next season its 16...stop picking at little things ....you lost get over it

Also heard that league never provided officials which is poor and helston line was 15. Thought you jad to be 16 to be official. And both sides thought ref was poor today.

dan who played in goal is has been our regular keeper like I said earlier he was unavailble for other two games agsinst your dads side. And what other changes were they then...would love to know..ad every player in our 16 man squad is a third team player. Pease dont be a sore looser when all the marazion boys were gracious in defeat and fantastic afterwards in the bar

Wasn't confident to go with previous keepers then. All about having confidemce in your keeper makes the defence less twitchy. Not the only change by all accounts either

5 changes?,??? we changed our tactics and played two lads who were on the bench last saturday

From what I heard you desrved it on the day but little things can change games and seems 5 changes did that for you especially confidence in the keeper compared to previous games when there was no confidence there