Cornwall Football Forum

From Godolphin

Congrats..It will be strange to visit a footie club with no town to visit before or after..How would you define local players?. Surely every team in all the divisions have local players?.When the three professional clubs in devon play each other its known as a local derby.Even when they play teams from bristol its still being called a local derby..My point is that a lot of people on here seem to be making a point of saying we have local players but yes every team in Cornwall and Devon has these players ,maybe clubs should use the term "homegrown "or "hometown"players in their team instead..Take Helston they have local players from anywhere from mid Cornwall to the whole area of West Cornwall ?Quite a span of area to use the term local..

Thanks crouchy, yes there is much work to do but people are working hard to make it happen very soon. Floodlights and undercover seating for 75 people, concretete hard standing around 3/4 of the pitch, new boiler and showers, toilet in the away changing room and a general spruce up has all been planned for with funding for the project very close to being secured.

All I will add is it will be great for the Newquay Godolphin derby again. May I ask the League to switch that game to a Sunday so that the attendances for both games can reach at leat 700-800. 500 or so when in the West but many others would like to go to this game for sure, me included

Well done Godolphin.

Reading comments on here about facilities, I imagine you are aware of this, http://www.footballconference.co.uk/football_foundation.php

if not there may be sections of it that may help your club now with your promotion or in the future.

Nice to see a Trophy winning team in Newquay :)

Again well done and good luck next season.

p.s - http://www.footballconference.co.uk/football_foundation.php may help other clubs too.

think you will find that all but two maybe three of helston first team squad live in helston!

Congrats..It will be strange to visit a footie club with no town to visit before or after..How would you define local players?. Surely every team in all the divisions have local players?.When the three professional clubs in devon play each other its known as a local derby.Even when they play teams from bristol its still being called a local derby..My point is that a lot of people on here seem to be making a point of saying we have local players but yes every team in Cornwall and Devon has these players ,maybe clubs should use the term "homegrown "or "hometown"players in their team instead..Take Helston they have local players from anywhere from mid Cornwall to the whole area of West Cornwall ?Quite a span of area to use the term local..

Thanks crouchy, yes there is much work to do but people are working hard to make it happen very soon. Floodlights and undercover seating for 75 people, concretete hard standing around 3/4 of the pitch, new boiler and showers, toilet in the away changing room and a general spruce up has all been planned for with funding for the project very close to being secured.

sounds good Derek, look forward to seeing the transformation when the time comes, congrats again on your achievement.

think you will find that all but two maybe three of helston first team squad live in helston!

More than that, not that it matters.

Am I right in saying that Helston can't be promoted then? Massive shame as they are far too good for Div 1 West, and would make the Premier such a stronger league next season; especially looking at some squads and results seen in the league this season.

Massive congrats to Godolphin, they have really shown how it should be done and have come such a long way. Good luck for next season.

can only think of kirk Davis , hughie and milchy who don't reside in the town!

More than that, not that it matters.

Am I right in saying that Helston can't be promoted then? Massive shame as they are far too good for Div 1 West, and would make the Premier such a stronger league next season; especially looking at some squads and results seen in the league this season.

Massive congrats to Godolphin, they have really shown how it should be done and have come such a long way. Good luck for next season.

Congratulations to Derek & Macca and all of the players and staff at Godolphin on an excellent achievement. It doesn't seem that long ago that both of our 1st teams we're competing in the Junior Cup final!!

Nice to see the trophy retained on the north coast. Best Wishes from Mick lane and everyone at Perranporth AFC.

Congratulations to Derek and all at the `G`!! Coming from the area i do prefer the red and white team from the town but i must congratulate you on your success..a local derby to look forward to hopefully all being well with your ground grading etc. Pains me to say it but the best team in west division by far.