Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Result and Match Report From Lux Park: Liskeard Athletic 0-0 Bovey Tracey

Recommended Posts

A GAME WHICH PROVIDED chances, clashes and controversial decisions was missing just one thing this afternoon at Lux Park; Goals.

A lowly table fixture between two sides whose ambition to enter next season's FA Cup delivered an entertaining game for both Managers where both sides could of played out a score draw had chances been taken.

Bovey arrived and played with a depleted squad giving sixteen year old Jake Welch a start in central defence. Young goalkeeper Aaron Ibbertson also started, replacing Tom Brooks who was away entering the London Marathon. Jason Cordice was also recalled from his spell at Bere Alston as the only substitute. Despite changes, Bovey gave a good account of themselves on a pitch with a slight downhill advantage in the first half.

Liskeard relied a lot on creative midfielder Lee Blatchford who made it hard for both midfielders and the Bovey defence to win back possession. Blatchford was replaced in the second half but Liskeard still found ways of breaking down the Bovey defence.

Brimmacombe received the first warning after kicking off for a clip on Cliff Walters after his burst down the right wing. 4 minutes later Jack Podmore was penalised for a foul on Lewis Plackett.

Liskeard came into the game after 15 minutes keeping the ball well. Tom Hall was left one on one with Ibbertson but the 'keeper was equal to Hall's chance whose chance's were limited throughout the game.

Bovey began making Liskeard work harder for the remainder of the first half and some silly tackles from both sides were close to the first caution of the game.

After end to end football for 25 minutes the first shot on target almost gave the spectators the first goal. Liskeard's Hall drove down the left touchline with good control, cutting the ball inside to Jarrad Woods. With no pass on the midfielder struck a fine shot from 20 yards which beat the diving Ibbertson striking the post and being cleared. The post gave a warning to Bovey who breathed a sigh of relief.

Liskeard then headed wide from a corner from Blatchford and on 30 minutes referee Stevens delivered his first booking of the game. Cliff Walters and Robbie Almond challenging for the same ball and Walters raising his feet higher and catching Almond as he went through. Hall was flagged offside from the free kick awarded.

The final quarter of the game, the conditions were tough and play was being forced long from both sides. Brimmacombe was booked after bringing down Walters. Bovey thought it would of brought a booking but didn't.

The final action of the half should of seen Bovey take the lead. Dale O'Donaghue drove through the Liskeard defence and only had Shields to beat. The ball saved by Shields, flying in the air and Liam Head headed the ball wide for Liskeard to clear.

The second half was pretty much similar to the first half; flying tackles, end to end chances and bookings.

Jack Podmore was booked in the first 10 minutes of the restart for a clip on Jared Lewington's ankles. Collings was also booked for something he must of said to referee Chris Stevens. Bovey failed to make anything of the set piece and had to organise straight away as Liskeard broke away. Almond covered at least 40 yards to earn a corner but Podmore headed wide.

Bovey's best chance of the half fell once again to O'Donaghue. Beating te offside trap, the striker was slightly left of goal and could of slid the ball under the composed Shields but his left foot strike sliced well wide.

O'Donaghue didn't allow the chance to affect him. Chasing every ball down from the front the striker won the ball for Hayden Roe whose volley flew high over Shields' goal.

Liam Head was booked on 60 for kicking the ball away and 5 minutes later captain Blatchford was booked for a fifth tackle.

Liskeard made a double substitution 15 mins from time; Lee Blatchford and Robbie Almond off, Jake Vickors and James Crawford on.

Despite the changes the flow of the game didn't change. Ten minutes from coming on Crawford was booked for a last tackle on Roe. Again reactions from Bovey players earnt Lee Pascoe a booking for dissent.

German made a change late on Jason Cordice supporting Roe, replacing O'Donaghue.

Podmore fouled on Lewington as Liskeard had the better chances in the final five minutes and Liskeard should of won it before stoppage as the post came to Ibbertson's rescue from Crawford's strike from 15 yards.

Both Managers will look back on the game as a fair result though Bovey played the better football and Liskeard without the posts would of had two clear cut goals but goalless it ended and another point on the road.

Referee: Chris Stevens, Fowey

Assistant Referees: Dave Green, Launceston and Shaun Edge, Torpoint

Attendance: NN

Man of the Match: Aaron Ibbertson (Bovey Tracey)

Liskeard Athletic

1. Brice Shields

2. Ben Collings (booked 52)

3. Connor Brimmacombe (booked 38)

4. Matt Hawes

5. Phil Bromhead

6. Jack Podmore (booked 52)

7. Matt Lindsay

8. Lee Blatchford (booked 73) (Vickors 75)

9. Jarrad Woods

10. Tom Hall

11. Robbie Almond (Crawford 75, booked 85)

12. Jake Vickors

14. James Crawford

Bovey Tracey

1. Aaron Ibbertson

2. Cliff Walters (booked 30)

3. Jared Lewington

4. Lee Pascoe (booked 86)

5. Ryan Stanbridge

6. Hayden Roe

7. Liam Head (booked 60)

8. Lewis Plackett

12. Jake Welch

10. Dale O'Donaghue (Cordice 78)

11. Dan Taylor

9. Jason Cordice

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...