Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results Sat 20th April 2013

agreed bluenose

people bang on about signing for one club....and when we use players signed for our club we get criticised! it was not a case of using these players for the sake of it...due to injuries and work we were short so used what was at our disposal...and while the rules say they can play then so be it....without them we would of had 10 players that night

Jojo has played for gulval for years, and always will! First team had no game, so played reserves. Helston played eddy and Stidwell in a division 5 game last week, and they're south western players!

I don't have a problem personally with bringing in players to ensure that a side is able to fulfill a fixture, no one wants to play 9 or 10 players. If they are all signed for one team then fair enough but bringing in a player signed for another team, whether he has played for them in the past or not is wrong in my opinion.

argh, i know marazion reserves are going up this year, but i wanna play rappo again, every goalkeeper getting hammered by him atm :P zion defence held firm in the home game but the noro virus got him second game! as fate would have it am i the only goalkeeper to officially play rappo and keep a clean sheet :P

I'm pretty sure Rappo didn't hit the net when Gwinear played St Erme at Trisoen early on in the season

Mr Eric sleeman your data is about as stupid as your post cause if u had read previous posts I. The forum the other day or checked st ermes results u would see they where held to a 0-0 draw with Camborne park and yes mark rapsey ( Rappo ) played that game so no Eric ure not the only one

it was meant as a bit of comedy dan birch! gimp!

argh, i know marazion reserves are going up this year, but i wanna play rappo again, every goalkeeper getting hammered by him atm :P zion defence held firm in the home game but the noro virus got him second game! as fate would have it am i the only goalkeeper to officially play rappo and keep a clean sheet :P

I'm pretty sure Rappo didn't hit the net when Gwinear played St Erme at Trisoen early on in the season

again it was meant as comedy, :D

SST.AGNES RES 1 V 4 pendeen res Pendeen took charge of this game scoring within the first min of the game prowse getting the goal.From then on it was all pendeen playing some good football scoring 2 more before half time prowse and clemens getting the goals.Credit to the aggers never gave up but to day were outplayed the aggers goal came with 25mins to go pendeen failing to clear the ball a shot from the edge of the box into the top corner.Pendeen sparked back into the game and with 12mins to go prowse again getting his hatrick. MOM OF MATCH FOR PENDEEN BURTY NEVER STOP WORKING THE WHOLE GAME PROWSE CLASS IN FRONT OF GOAL

Eric sleeman when park played Rappo, it wasn't their actual 'keeper' their striker/winger mr Pete Norfolk stepped in, so that would of made you the only official keeper not to concede against Mr Rappo if it wasn't for the fact that Mr Paul miners hasn't conceded a Mark 'rappo' Rapsey strike! Hope tht clears everything up....

Ps pretty sure mr Rappo can fill us in with the stats...? :) being the great statistician that he is... :)

chace have at least two combo players in steve kellow and mikey davies that i know of....so why can`t helston drop a first teamer or two? its all legal.Well done helston

It's Matt Davis,Scott,and there were no complaints from Chacewater that Jowan played yesterday against the reserves.Whilst the rules are as they are.it is all legal and at this time of year you come up against all sorts of teams,especially clubs with teams in higher leagues where their season has finished.

Eric sleeman when park played Rappo, it wasn't their actual 'keeper' their striker/winger mr Pete Norfolk stepped in, so that would of made you the only official keeper not to concede against Mr Rappo if it wasn't for the fact that Mr Paul miners hasn't conceded a Mark 'rappo' Rapsey strike! Hope tht clears everything up....Ps pretty sure mr Rappo can fill us in with the stats...? :) being the great statistician that he is... :)

it was indeed me in goal for park and rappo certainly had to be watched as you never know what to expect

Div 3

Rangers 3 v 1 Troon,

Tough game with some shall we say firm tackling going on. Rangers took a healthy 3 goal lead into the break. Second half was easier than the first with Troon nicking one in the final minute. Must say that the Troon keeper had a cracking game and pulled off several quality saves. If not for him the score line could have been much much worse. Well played pal.

Was nice after a battle and some harsh words on the pitch, to have a bit of banter after with the Troon players. All the best for whats left of the season.

Ref was being assessed today, thanks must go to her for doing the game.

Ha ha nice debate lads!! It aint honestly that much of an achievement to keep a 45 (46 next Sunday!) year old, 19 stone has been off the scoresheet these days!!! You're all right though, Pete (erby ruin) made a great save off my free kick at Park right in the postage stamp until he tipped it over, Eric (Moody Wisp) was on one post lining up his wall at Marazion so thought I would take a cheeky quick one and he flew across his goal and managed to tip it onto the underside of the bar so fair play two great saves. Had a header bout a foot over the line against Gwinear which Darren (Gaffer) didnt give and to be fair he said at the time he couldn't see through the bodies as it was a bit of a goalmouth scramble. I don't mind that, at least it's not disallowed for offside when you know you're five yards on!!! Shame it was 1-2 at the time but Gwinear went on to give us our biggest thrashing of the season with Ralph (Asterix) scoring from further back than mine yesterday, bout a 55 yarder wasn't it mate!?! Think mine was only 50!! :-( the main thing is........we all love football!!! :-)

Fair point Ben!!! :-). Must admit I was about 16 playing for Newquay combo down Pendeen in January and there were hail stones the size of golf balls coming down and I honestly think I was crying!!!?? Remember thinking I would stick to tennis but glad I didn't in the end mate! :-)

Guest BenTheYeti

Fair point Ben!!! :-). Must admit I was about 16 playing for Newquay combo down Pendeen in January and there were hail stones the size of golf balls coming down and I honestly think I was crying!!!?? Remember thinking I would stick to tennis but glad I didn't in the end mate! :-)

I remember playing in the Cornwall Junior Open at Bodmin and getting thrashed 6-2, 6-2 in the semi final and thinking "Football it is then!"

Pendeen, Sennen, Goonhavern, Halsetown.. the 4 places you want to avoid between the end of November and January.. though worst ever conditions I played in were in a cup final in the middle of May at Marazion.. about 4 degrees, hammering down and blowing a howler!

Trelawny 2

Storm 3 (3) Frogpool 2 (1)

The average amateur footballer comes from a self-contradictory set of people. They all want to play but they aren't keen to train. They will moan about dirty kit but will they make the small effort to put it back in the bag the right way out? They want to warm up for a game so they stand on the edge of the area and blast balls into the fencing/trees/road/river behind the goal and then stand there until all the balls run out and someone is forced to go and get one. And the biggest paradox of the footballer is that when presented, as we were at Malpas on Thursday, with a nice flat playing surface the ball is launched continuously skyward whilst on the pitted, rutted and bobbily surface of Clijah yesterday we attempted to play the type of flowing passing football that has been reaping us benefits over the past few weeks.

Unfortunately for us, a combination of the Frogpool keeper pulling off a string of top saves throughout the match, the wooden frame behind him, which I believe we hit 4 times at least and a series of shots which bore a striking resemblance to the aforementioned warm-up routine, meant that this game was much more of a contest than we ever should have let it become.

After squandering numerous chances, we finally took the lead through Ben Kellow. Against the run of play, a Frogpool throwin was taken deep in our half, with their striker the recipient a few yards outside the box. After briefly being held up by Sam Charlton, he still managed to create an opportunity to hit a speculative shot. With the ball on target to creep in under the crossbar, keeper Adam "Besty" Lockwood attempted to tip the ball over. Now Clijah is a council pitch and as such we cannot prevent the local yobs and miscreants loitering in the late evenings. It was at this exact moment that the keeper managed to unfortunately step on a piece of chewing gum spat out by one of these heathens over recent evenings and, as he jumped to push the ball over the bar, the gum stuck simultaneously to the floor and the bottom of his boot. As he leapt and started to push the ball up and over the bar the chewing gum unfortunately reached its maximum elasticity and quickly contracted again, pulling Besty back toward the ground sooner than he would have liked and unable to get enough purchase on the ball to stop it dropping into the net behind him.

A hatful of more wasted opportunities and two more Ben Kellow goals to complete a first half hat-trick, the pick of which was a sublime finish with the outside of his left foot saw us take a 3-1 lead at the break. The second half continued in much the same vein as the first, with us spurning chance after chance to increase our lead, with Dave Price and Sam Charlton pulling the strings in the middle of the park. With about 20 to go and Frogpool having made all three subs the game changed dramatically. A fairly non-threatening corner was left by everyone in the box until after it had bounced in the six yard box. A short scramble resulted in the ball being stabbed into the back of the net.

To say the next 20 were tense is an understatement. With Frogpool going all out in search of victory they started playing what was effectively a 4-0-6 formation. The ball was pumped forward from the back line and for the remainder of the game they besieged our area without breaking through whilst we (still) spurned several chances to put the game beyond doubt.

I would imagine those watching had a thoroughly entertaining 90 mins of stress-free football and would have encouraged extra time or another 90 mins even. Me on the other hand, I was only too glad when that final whistle went.

Guest BenTheYeti

St Ives Reserves 2 - Falmouth Athletic Reserves

A glorious spring afternoon at The Saltings (I even had to wear a hat.. made me look like a Norfolk farmer..) and we were hoping to put together some glorious football after the trials and tribulations of Tuesday evening.
After a few weeks of having to abide with the needs of the first team, we had a strong squad of 15, though unfortunately the Ginger Berbatov is still only fit enough to warm me up before the match (he still breaks into a sweat..), so Daggers decided to lump Josh 'David Dickinson' Curnow up front, mainly so he couldn't cause any damage to our defence after 30 seconds again.
Falmouth, as mentioned above, could only muster a bare 11, and the early exchanges made it clear that they were happy to soak up our pressure and hit on the break.
The first half was more tepid than a baby's bath water, with the men in grey often finding themselves with plenty of green acreage around them, but then proceeding to set off like greyhounds with the ball bobbling around somewhere 3 yards in front of them until they hit a wall of blue shirts. At the other end, the lad "Bisto" (would love to know the reasoning behind that nickname) was working tirelessly to hold the ball up and create something, but our almost regular back four of Nathan, Max, Andrew and Noah (who after being ploughed into the floor on Tuesday evening, declared on Wednesday he couldn't wait for Saturday.. kids these days!) were keeping it very tight and restricting the men in blue to a few long range punts.
Both teams had a half chance a piece, with David Dickinson finally being able to get the ball onto his favoured right foot at the 48th time of asking and facing the right way, only to drag a shot wide, and a corner from Falmouth being headed over the top whilst under pressure from our defence.
HT 0-0
We knew that with Falmouth only having a bare 11, and their average age at least double ours at 14.6yrs, they would hopefully tire and gaps would appear.
After a few early corners were well dealt with by my opposite number (who literally caught everything remotely near him all afternoon. I was tempted to sneak a look in his kit bag and see if there was a roll of double sided tape in there..), we eventually made a break through, when Alex Brown, broke through the Falmouth defence, and was promptly sent crashing to the ground in the penalty area for the 2nd most cast iron penalty I've witnessed. Alex duly dusted himself off and slotted it calmly high and into the corner, though the keeper was unlucky not to get a touch.
There was a collective sigh of relief at the break through, and I think we all thought that we were on our way to winning this one.. which lasted all of 73 seconds, as Max Sumray for the second home game in a row, found himself back tracking with the ball bobbling around the ski moguls, and his attempted back pass travelled all of 0.4 yards and kindly for the lad Bisto, who bore down on goal and flicked a shot via the smallest deflection of my glove towards the net. However, the ball had to negotiate a few more humps and bumps on the way to the goal line, and it's final trajectory took it onto the post, with more misfortune for the Falmouth striker who had followed his effort to goal, only to see it bounce off his shin 1 yard out and onto the post again before somehow squirting off to safety.
The next 10 minutes were a bit niggly as a few heavy tackles were landed and freekicks were more commonplace than passes, but, with Dagger's bringing on 3 sets of fresh legs, we looked to have put the game to bed by scoring a beautiful second goal. After Andy Barry had done his umpteenth Michael Flatley impression of the afternoon in skipping past 3 players, the ball found it's way to James Rae, who rolled a simple pass into Barney Poznansky, who in turn created a first time flicked pass back to James to hit a first time dipping volley from the corner of the penalty area, leaving the keeper no chance.
This goal seemed to have finished the game off as a contest, and it should have been over 5 minutes later when Jack Lorys had the sheer nerve to use his fresh legs and pace to charge his way into the box, only to be sent tumbling to the floor for the most cast iron penalty I've seen this season. After putting his whistle to his lips, the referee clearly felt sorry for the predicament Falmouth were in, and duly smiled it off and let play continue.
Whilst we were still appealing, the ghosts of Japanese Fighter Pilots from the 1940's clearly possessed all our souls, as the final 7 minutes couldn't have gone much worse. Firstly, after Nick Strong had set off a la Sol Campbell from centre back on a run which took him and the ball into the opposition area, the ball ended up in the goalkeepers hands. He promptly launched an exocet kick down field, right into the space which Nick had left behind, and with no one covering, the "42 year old defender", who had clearly got bored of chasing our youngsters around for 85 minutes, found himself through on goal and one on one, and I thought it'd be nice to make it a bit easier for him by only half coming out before freezing like a statue, and the ball was poked home.
However, the fun wasn't over yet, and maybe the pre-match game of bare-ass had given everyone the impression they should be as high up the pitch as possible to try and score, as once again we found ourselves caught out down the flank, leaving Nathan Basset exposed and committing a foul. The rest was more inevitable than the script from Hollyoaks, as a decent left footed delivery was met by a free header from 6 yards out to the delight of all those in blue, and 2-2 it finished.. I promptly threw my toys out of the pram in the changing room afterwards, so if anyone has a new dummy I could have, I'd be very grateful.

Overall, we should have won this one comfortably, and for 85 minutes that looked the case. But Falmouth are a team full of guile and wily players who know better than to give up on any situation, and fair credit to them for getting something out of this game, especially with a bare 11 in what has been a very different season to their last.

A nice local derby on Tuesday night over at Hayle to banish the memories of yesterday for us

Guest BenTheYeti

Now Clijah is a council pitch and as such we cannot prevent the local yobs and miscreants loitering in the late evenings. It was at this exact moment that the keeper managed to unfortunately step on a piece of chewing gum spat out by one of these heathens over recent evenings and, as he jumped to push the ball over the bar, the gum stuck simultaneously to the floor and the bottom of his boot. As he leapt and started to push the ball up and over the bar the chewing gum unfortunately reached its maximum elasticity and quickly contracted again, pulling Besty back toward the ground sooner than he would have liked and unable to get enough purchase on the ball to stop it dropping into the net behind him.

The greatest ever piece of footballing description I have ever read.. brilliantly funny

Trelawny 2

Storm 3 (3) Frogpool 2 (1)

The average amateur footballer comes from a self-contradictory set of people. They all want to play but they aren't keen to train. They will moan about dirty kit but will they make the small effort to put it back in the bag the right way out? They want to warm up for a game so they stand on the edge of the area and blast balls into the fencing/trees/road/river behind the goal and then stand there until all the balls run out and someone is forced to go and get one. And the biggest paradox of the footballer is that when presented, as we were at Malpas on Thursday, with a nice flat playing surface the ball is launched continuously skyward whilst on the pitted, rutted and bobbily surface of Clijah yesterday we attempted to play the type of flowing passing football that has been reaping us benefits over the past few .

In my humble opinion peggy78 I have to agree with Ben that is the finest paragraph of writing ever written on this forum :)

Round of applause for that man... Me and the Mrs just had a little chuckle at this mate, you are a beauty!! Yea 55 yard volley by the way Rappo ;). To be honest I can't remember if your header was over I was just surprised you had beat lovey in the air haha!

Ha ha nice debate lads!! It aint honestly that much of an achievement to keep a 45 (46 next Sunday!) year old, 19 stone has been off the scoresheet these days!!! You're all right though, Pete (erby ruin) made a great save off my free kick at Park right in the postage stamp until he tipped it over, Eric (Moody Wisp) was on one post lining up his wall at Marazion so thought I would take a cheeky quick one and he flew across his goal and managed to tip it onto the underside of the bar so fair play two great saves. Had a header bout a foot over the line against Gwinear which Darren (Gaffer) didnt give and to be fair he said at the time he couldn't see through the bodies as it was a bit of a goalmouth scramble. I don't mind that, at least it's not disallowed for offside when you know you're five yards on!!! Shame it was 1-2 at the time but Gwinear went on to give us our biggest thrashing of the season with Ralph (Asterix) scoring from further back than mine yesterday, bout a 55 yarder wasn't it mate!?! Think mine was only 50!! :-( the main thing is........we all love football!!! :-)

St Ives Reserves 2 - Falmouth Athletic Reserves

A glorious spring afternoon at The Saltings (I even had to wear a hat.. made me look like a Norfolk farmer..) and we were hoping to put together some glorious football after the trials and tribulations of Tuesday evening.

After a few weeks of having to abide with the needs of the first team, we had a strong squad of 15, though unfortunately the Ginger Berbatov is still only fit enough to warm me up before the match (he still breaks into a sweat..), so Daggers decided to lump Josh 'David Dickinson' Curnow up front, mainly so he couldn't cause any damage to our defence after 30 seconds again.

Falmouth, as mentioned above, could only muster a bare 11, and the early exchanges made it clear that they were happy to soak up our pressure and hit on the break.

The first half was more tepid than a baby's bath water, with the men in grey often finding themselves with plenty of green acreage around them, but then proceeding to set off like greyhounds with the ball bobbling around somewhere 3 yards in front of them until they hit a wall of blue shirts. At the other end, the lad "Bisto" (would love to know the reasoning behind that nickname) was working tirelessly to hold the ball up and create something, but our almost regular back four of Nathan, Max, Andrew and Noah (who after being ploughed into the floor on Tuesday evening, declared on Wednesday he couldn't wait for Saturday.. kids these days!) were keeping it very tight and restricting the men in blue to a few long range punts.

Both teams had a half chance a piece, with David Dickinson finally being able to get the ball onto his favoured right foot at the 48th time of asking and facing the right way, only to drag a shot wide, and a corner from Falmouth being headed over the top whilst under pressure from our defence.

HT 0-0

We knew that with Falmouth only having a bare 11, and their average age at least double ours at 14.6yrs, they would hopefully tire and gaps would appear.

After a few early corners were well dealt with by my opposite number (who literally caught everything remotely near him all afternoon. I was tempted to sneak a look in his kit bag and see if there was a roll of double sided tape in there..), we eventually made a break through, when Alex Brown, broke through the Falmouth defence, and was promptly sent crashing to the ground in the penalty area for the 2nd most cast iron penalty I've witnessed. Alex duly dusted himself off and slotted it calmly high and into the corner, though the keeper was unlucky not to get a touch.

There was a collective sigh of relief at the break through, and I think we all thought that we were on our way to winning this one.. which lasted all of 73 seconds, as Max Sumray for the second home game in a row, found himself back tracking with the ball bobbling around the ski moguls, and his attempted back pass travelled all of 0.4 yards and kindly for the lad Bisto, who bore down on goal and flicked a shot via the smallest deflection of my glove towards the net. However, the ball had to negotiate a few more humps and bumps on the way to the goal line, and it's final trajectory took it onto the post, with more misfortune for the Falmouth striker who had followed his effort to goal, only to see it bounce off his shin 1 yard out and onto the post again before somehow squirting off to safety.

The next 10 minutes were a bit niggly as a few heavy tackles were landed and freekicks were more commonplace than passes, but, with Dagger's bringing on 3 sets of fresh legs, we looked to have put the game to bed by scoring a beautiful second goal. After Andy Barry had done his umpteenth Michael Flatley impression of the afternoon in skipping past 3 players, the ball found it's way to James Rae, who rolled a simple pass into Barney Poznansky, who in turn created a first time flicked pass back to James to hit a first time dipping volley from the corner of the penalty area, leaving the keeper no chance.

This goal seemed to have finished the game off as a contest, and it should have been over 5 minutes later when Jack Lorys had the sheer nerve to use his fresh legs and pace to charge his way into the box, only to be sent tumbling to the floor for the most cast iron penalty I've seen this season. After putting his whistle to his lips, the referee clearly felt sorry for the predicament Falmouth were in, and duly smiled it off and let play continue.

Whilst we were still appealing, the ghosts of Japanese Fighter Pilots from the 1940's clearly possessed all our souls, as the final 7 minutes couldn't have gone much worse. Firstly, after Nick Strong had set off a la Sol Campbell from centre back on a run which took him and the ball into the opposition area, the ball ended up in the goalkeepers hands. He promptly launched an exocet kick down field, right into the space which Nick had left behind, and with no one covering, the "42 year old defender", who had clearly got bored of chasing our youngsters around for 85 minutes, found himself through on goal and one on one, and I thought it'd be nice to make it a bit easier for him by only half coming out before freezing like a statue, and the ball was poked home.

However, the fun wasn't over yet, and maybe the pre-match game of bare-ass had given everyone the impression they should be as high up the pitch as possible to try and score, as once again we found ourselves caught out down the flank, leaving Nathan Basset exposed and committing a foul. The rest was more inevitable than the script from Hollyoaks, as a decent left footed delivery was met by a free header from 6 yards out to the delight of all those in blue, and 2-2 it finished.. I promptly threw my toys out of the pram in the changing room afterwards, so if anyone has a new dummy I could have, I'd be very grateful.

Overall, we should have won this one comfortably, and for 85 minutes that looked the case. But Falmouth are a team full of guile and wily players who know better than to give up on any situation, and fair credit to them for getting something out of this game, especially with a bare 11 in what has been a very different season to their last.

A nice local derby on Tuesday night over at Hayle to banish the memories of yesterday for us

Spoke to he ref after as I understand your manger did,referring to the second pen that should of been he said in true winger style "I didn't see it" personally it should of been given even if he isn't see it cos if he didn't here the contact he is hard of hearing !

By the way it was me who got the equalizer too!

Great report mate keep it up ,good luck for the rest of the season!apart from a possible semi final against us!

Guest BenTheYeti

Spoke to he ref after as I understand your manger did,referring to the second pen that should of been he said in true winger style "I didn't see it" personally it should of been given even if he isn't see it cos if he didn't here the contact he is hard of hearing !

By the way it was me who got the equalizer too!

Great report mate keep it up ,good luck for the rest of the season!apart from a possible semi final against us!

I could understand him saying he didn't see it, if he hadn't put his whistle to his mouth then changed his mind! Ah well, we've had some favourable decisions this season and some go against us, just like every other team in the world!

Aye, I thought it was you who got the equaliser, simply because I didn't see the ball, just a blinding flash of light as the sun reflected off your bonce as you powered it in :D

Thanks and Good Luck to you too, hopefully see you in a few weeks!

Would have been a different game without Jowan who was. Streets ahead of all other players on the pitch. chace went one up just after half time .mr may was moved up front and proceeded to demolish the chacewater defence.thats the difference between senior and lower league junior football I guess..whether its fair or not is hugely debatable.

I guess it's time I stepped into this discussion..

Firstly, Mr May was moved upfront after 30 minutes of the game, not after you'd scored the early goal in the 2nd half.

Secondly, Jowan has played for me previously, I was short of players for Saturday (was actually missing 7 players including my skipper, my midfield beast & one of my regular fullbacks), so I sent Jowan a text & he came in to do me a favour. Would you have preferred to not have a game at all?

Thirdly, "was moved up front and proceeded to demolish the chacewater defence".. No he didn't!! He simply stood in the box & waited for the crosses to come, after my wingers & midfielders had destroyed your defence. Apart from the volley from the corner (his last goal I think?), every other goal was worked from the back, down the wings, through the middle, back out to the wings & finally into the area for Jowan to tuck away. Jowan had the simple task of complimenting the work that was done for him by the 10 players behind him.

Fourthly (is that even a word?), Whilst you guys are miffed that he came in and scored 5 goals, I was miffed with the chances he didn't put away. He should have had at least another 4 goals and if I had to write a school report for him, it would say "should do better"... I'm not easily pleased!!

Though I DO understand what some of you are saying, after playing, and now managing at this standard of football for 22 years, I've constantly had to put up with teams 'dropping in' players from their 1st team, reinstating senior players etc etc but there's nothing that can be done about it. I/we have ALL been on the receiving end of such actions, it's cost my club league titles, cup finals etc etc, it's the nature of the beast.

Finally, people are saying that this rule is ridiculous, maybe they're right? However, why aren't people (you) also questioning the rule about how "all first team games must take priority"? Could it perhaps be because you were given a 'Home Walkover' back in December, because our first team had to take me and four other players from the reserves to fulfil a fixture at Clijah Croft, therefore we had to cancel our trip to your pitch because we were obviously unable to raise a team? We/I adhered to the league rule, I/we had no choice, yet we receive a small fine & lose the opportunity of getting the points from the game, all because we followed the rules? That seems perfectly fair!!

At the end of the day we all want fairness, we all want an even playing field, but this is junior football we're talking about here & unless we are playing for, or managing a 'first team', we will continue to endure things like players being dropped down from their first team, or being reinstated from senior football. It seems that we are considered as "the lowest of the low", so are therefore only here for others to take advantage of. More's the pity!!

You've got a good group of lads there, the game was played in a pretty good spirit, and myself & all associated with Gulval FC wish you all the best for the remainder of the season...

PS, told you I had a feeling we'd do Man City yesterday ;)

Would have been a different game without Jowan who was. Streets ahead of all other players on the pitch. chace went one up just after half time .mr may was moved up front and proceeded to demolish the chacewater defence.thats the difference between senior and lower league junior football I guess..whether its fair or not is hugely debatable.

Firstly, Mr May was moved upfront after 30 minutes of the game, not after you'd scored the early goal in the 2nd half.

Secondly, Jowan has played for me previously, I was short of players for Saturday (was actually missing 7 players including my skipper, my midfield beast & one of my regular fullbacks), so I sent Jowan a text & he came in to do me a favour. Would you have preferred to not have a game at all?

Thirdly, "was moved up front and proceeded to demolish the chacewater defence".. No he didn't!! He simply stood in the box & waited for the crosses to come, after my wingers & midfielders had destroyed your defence. Apart from the volley from the corner (his last goal I think?), every other goal was worked from the back, down the wings, through the middle, back out to the wings & finally into the area for Jowan to tuck away. Jowan had the simple task of complimenting the work that was done for him by the 10 players behind him.

Fourthly (is that even a word?), Whilst you guys are miffed that he came in and scored 5 goals, I was miffed with the chances he didn't put away. He should have had at least another 4 goals and if I had to write a school report for him, it would say "should do better"... I'm not easily pleased!!

Though I DO understand what some of you are saying, after playing, and now managing at this standard of football for 22 years, I've constantly had to put up with teams 'dropping in' players from their 1st team, reinstating senior players etc etc but there's nothing that can be done about it. I/we have ALL been on the receiving end of such actions, it's cost my club league titles, cup finals etc etc, it's the nature of the beast.

Finally, people are saying that this rule is ridiculous, maybe they're right? However, why aren't people (you) also questioning the rule about how "all first team games must take priority"? Could it perhaps be because you were given a 'Home Walkover' back in December, because our first team had to take me and four other players from the reserves to fulfil a fixture at Clijah Croft, therefore we had to cancel our trip to your pitch because we were obviously unable to raise a team? We/I adhered to the league rule, I/we had no choice, yet we receive a small fine & lose the opportunity of getting the points from the game, all because we followed the rules? That seems perfectly fair!!

At the end of the day we all want fairness, we all want an even playing field, but this is junior football we're talking about here & unless we are playing for, or managing a 'first team', we will continue to endure things like players being dropped down from their first team, or being reinstated from senior football. It seems that we are considered as "the lowest of the low", so are therefore only here for others to take advantage of. More's the pity!!

You've got a good group of lads there, the game was played in a pretty good spirit, and myself & all associated with Gulval FC wish you all the best for the remainder of the season...

Stu,

I've said above that there were no complaints (you'll always get grumbles from players!) from us about Jowan playing.We use the rules that exist in the same way as other clubs.I am well aware that he started his career with Gulval and has appeared for your club many times over the past few seasons.

I think what Mr.King was saying was that Jowan is/was a class above our players and it showed throughout the game as our Division Three players are not used to playing at the level that Jowan currently plays.

All the very best to you,Rhondda and Gulval FC for the rest of the season.

Stu,

I've said above that there were no complaints (you'll always get grumbles from players!) from us about Jowan playing.We use the rules that exist in the same way as other clubs.I am well aware that he started his career with Gulval and has appeared for your club many times over the past few seasons.

I think what Mr.King was saying was that Jowan is/was a class above our players and it showed throughout the game as our Division Three players are not used to playing at the level that Jowan currently plays.

Cheers Nigel, I appreciate that, mate. He (Jowan) really wasn't a class above though mate, and I took great pleasure in ribbing him for most of the evening because of the chances he missed ;)..

Stu,

Cheers Nigel, I appreciate that, mate. He (Jowan) really wasn't a class above though mate, and I took great pleasure in ribbing him for most of the evening because of the chances he missed ;)..

Has manager of Chacewater 2nd's we were beaten fair an square it does not interest me on whether Jowan played or not, we played Gulval last year when he played and beat them faily easily, afterall I would have done the same if I had the option. However what does concern me is the way we got beaten so embarrassingly after going 1-0 up in the 2nd half to conceded 7 goals in 35miutes.... You'd think being in a cup final in 2 weeks time everyone would be fighting for there place... obviously there are saving themselves for the bench !

Good luck to Gulval for the rest of the season, and may Jowan play everygame !

Thanks for that Brom, it's appreciated. Don't concern yourself with how easily we scored our goals mate, every team has an off day. Let's face it though, if Jowan had his scoring boots on, you'd have been at least 1 down at half time (when he was played through & somehow hit the top of the near post when he was basically 1 on 1). Also our right side was a constant thorn in your side throughout, but more-so in the first half & our right-back (Jamie Leah) almost scored too.

But that's nothing to do with your concerns Brom mate. Perhaps that performance & that result was EXACTLY what you needed? It can be your (their) 'wake up call'.. Their 'kick up the ass'... Now their feet will be well & truly on the ground, and with the added spice of that cup final being less than 2 weeks away, they're running out of time to EARN their place in that team. Sometimes a loss can teach us much more about ourselves mate, food for thought perhaps?

Best of luck in the cup final mate. Where is it being played? And who are you playing?

Thanks for that Brom, it's appreciated. Don't concern yourself with how easily we scored our goals mate, every team has an off day. Let's face it though, if Jowan had his scoring boots on, you'd have been at least 1 down at half time (when he was played through & somehow hit the top of the near post when he was basically 1 on 1). Also our right side was a constant thorn in your side throughout, but more-so in the first half & our right-back (Jamie Leah) almost scored too.

But that's nothing to do with your concerns Brom mate. Perhaps that performance & that result was EXACTLY what you needed? It can be your (their) 'wake up call'.. Their 'kick up the ass'... Now their feet will be well & truly on the ground, and with the added spice of that cup final being less than 2 weeks away, they're running out of time to EARN their place in that team. Sometimes a loss can teach us much more about ourselves mate, food for thought perhaps?

Best of luck in the cup final mate. Where is it being played? And who are you playing?

Coops I do concern how we let you score so easily after all Jowan is only one player and we were poor after we went 1-0 up... :angry2:

Cup Final v Porthleven at Wendron apparently, which is a sticker as being a old Porth player in the late 80's

Like I said no malice here you won fair an square.. hope you avoid the dreaded drop :drink:

Hey Coopsie, I've gotta stick up for my old mate Jo here!! Scored 5, missed 4 = 9 chances. Not a bad strike rate at all mate!!! And good luck to Chacewater in the final.....bring it back to Truro lads!!! :-)

Thanx Mark ! Hopefully we will give 200% more in the final other wise defeat looms..

Hey Coopsie, I've gotta stick up for my old mate Jo here!! Scored 5, missed 4 = 9 chances. Not a bad strike rate at all mate!!! And good luck to Chacewater in the final.....bring it back to Truro lads!!! :-)

Hi Rappo, he was really pissed off with the chances he missed mate. typical Jojo really, miss the simpler chances & put away the harder ones lol

Coops I do concern how we let you score so easily after all Jowan is only one player and we were poor after we went 1-0 up... :angry2:

Cup Final v Porthleven at Wendron apparently, which is a sticker as being a old Porth player in the late 80's

Like I said no malice here you won fair an square.. hope you avoid the dreaded drop :drink:

Bloody Wendron, fecking miles away lol.. Put nostalgia aside mate, get your boys focused & like Rappo said, take that Trophy back to Truro. All the best mate :thumbsup: