Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results Sat 20th April 2013

Trelawny 5

Gwinear Stiffs 1 Newquay 4ths 0

After a dismal display midweek, Gwinear had a point to prove to themselves today. A good game played in the right spirits. Gwinear were never really hassled at the back but had chances up top but for some good saves from the visiting keeper. A well worked goal scored by Duane Britton ensured a good three points extra towards our title bid. With it being very close at the top, we need to continue winning these games and picking up the points.

It's always a negative end to a good day when the opposing team don't bother coming in to the bar afterwards. If it weren't for our appetite, there'd have been quite a bit of food wasted.

Trelawney Premier

Threemilestone 3, Carharrack 1.

Ryan Stephens(2) and James Davies with the Tms goals.

Think it was James Martin with the Carharrack goal.

Att 14.

Div 2.

Halsetown reserves 0, Threemilestone reserves 1.

Goalscorer Conner Powell.

Guest BenTheYeti

Division 2

St Ives Reserves 2 - 2 Falmouth Athletic Reserves

2-0 up against a bare 11 with 5 minutes to go.. enough said

Match report when I cheer up

Mawnan 2 - 0 st Agnes

Shaun rickard and Simon Anderson with the goals! Aggie played all the football for 90 minutes controlling the game but we got two lucky deflected goals against the run of play! Also a refereeing master class

Fair play, thought we maybe deserved a draw. Good assist for the first goal.

Cheers for the grub afterwards.

DIV 5

ST.ERME (1) 5 Rapsey 31, 46, 72, 87 Parr 50,

STITHIANS (2) 2 8, 38,

Result a bit harsh on Stithians to be honest. We wasn't three goals better than them and they were winning at half time. Two good finishes after getting in behind us and slotting them in past Denis on his first game back for four games and he had to make at least three quality saves as well. Stithians a big solid team with bout seven six footers who were hard and fair, threat at set pieces though! Easy game for the ref, two decent bunches of lads. Be a different game on their big pitch in ten days time no doubt!! I had a nice top corner volley from just outside the box from Stu's flick on for the equaliser which probably would have gone over nine times out of ten and I scored straight from the second half kick off from the halfway line, thought I would have a crack with the wind and slope in our favour and the keeper was unlucky as it went in off crossbar and fingertips he got a hand to my third at full stretch as well which just found the bottom corner so it could have all been different on another day. Nice not to have any disallowed today after bout ten in the last five games!!! Think Pete from Stithians is probably the best and fairest lino in the league for years from what I've seen. Top bloke :-)

rappo...how many offsides did I flag you for ob Wednesday! ! lol

DIV 5

ST.ERME (1) 5 Rapsey 31, 46, 72, 87 Parr 50,

STITHIANS (2) 2 8, 38,

Result a bit harsh on Stithians to be honest. We wasn't three goals better than them and they were winning at half time. Two good finishes after getting in behind us and slotting them in past Denis on his first game back for four games and he had to make at least three quality saves as well. Stithians a big solid team with bout seven six footers who were hard and fair, threat at set pieces though! Easy game for the ref, two decent bunches of lads. Be a different game on their big pitch in ten days time no doubt!! I had a nice top corner volley from just outside the box from Stu's flick on for the equaliser which probably would have gone over nine times out of ten and I scored straight from the second half kick off from the halfway line, thought I would have a crack with the wind and slope in our favour and the keeper was unlucky as it went in off crossbar and fingertips he got a hand to my third at full stretch as well which just found the bottom corner so it could have all been different on another day. Nice not to have any disallowed today after bout ten in the last five games!!! Think Pete from Stithians is probably the best and fairest lino in the league for years from what I've seen. Top bloke :-)

Div 1

Chacewater 1 Helston 2 h/t 1-1

Brendan Hitchens for Chacewater and i think it was Darren Robertson and Mike Hallibone for Helston.

Div 3

Gulval Res 7 Chacewater Res 1

Five goals for Jowan May.

Obviously didn't work hard enough the night before :-) Rhondda must of drugged him to keep him fresh for today

Trelawney 1

Rosudgeon 5-4 Newlyn (HT 2-2)

Draw would have been a fair result we Rosudgeon found ourselves 4-2 down with about twenty to go.

Snatched it with less than a minute on the clock.

However Newlyn almost levelled again straight from kick off.

Rosudgeon Scorers:

Giles Lawrence 2

Jimmy England

Bryan Palmer

Darryl Richards

Division 2

Thought we (athletic) battled well under the circumstances,just lucky my 42 year old legs and my bold head kept going till the last 5 mins!Your banter giving supporters will now be eating humble pie!

Div 1

Chacewater 1 Helston 2 h/t 1-1

Brendan Hitchens for Chacewater and i think it was Darren Robertson and Mike Hallibone for Helston.

Div 3

Gulval Res 7 Chacewater Res 1.

Five goals for Jowan May.

From St ives town combo to gulval reserves? All legal im sure but takes the piss out of lower league football and the ever contested reinstatement rules

Guest BenTheYeti

Division 2

Thought we (athletic) battled well under the circumstances,just lucky my 42 year old legs and my bold head kept going till the last 5 mins!Your banter giving supporters will now be eating humble pie!

42... the way you ran onto that through ball to score.. well.. I'll leave the descriptions for later :P

There was some great banter out there today, my favourite being when you got flagged offside and one of your lads chirped up "if he was offside, it must have been by his fringe"

Anyway, off to the ale house..

Guest smashing pumpkin

How come School of mines haven't played in so long? Looking at the fixtures they have 5 g.ames in 6 days lol

dnt mention that. Lol

Div 5 - evening kick off

Ludgvan 5 - 1 Mabe

Ludgvan Scorers - Andy Weir 2, Adam Freethy 2 & Ross Badcock 1

A decent game of football although I think the scoreline flatters us slightly. We converted our chances in the first half which is unusual for us and that eventually was the difference. Full credit to Mabe who looked to play good football to the final whistle.

st day res 8 perranporth res 1 ht 4-1

what a day....at 1pm we had 8 players due to a dysentry virus wiping out our squad.We almost cancelled but the 8 wanted to play.15 mins later we managed to cobble together 11.St day were excellent very quick up front and deserved their ht lead.Superlative free kick for goal three...doff my hat.St day did have a massive amount of luck and both managers discussed the fact that this was not one way traffic/Much better second half from perran despite conceeding another 4 goals...i`m proud of the fact that we managed to field a team and more proud of that team for competing and asking questions of st day.

Well done st day i hope you win the league you are worthy.

As a side note i was told st day v`s perran was a nasty horrible grudge match....not true..both teams were extremely sporting and it was a credit to sportmanship in junior football and extremely well reffed

Cury 1-5 trispen

Cury managed to throw a team together today once again hit by injuries holidays and naval commitments. On today's showing although trispen had some decent players they wernt the best team we have played against. Plenty of banter through out the game which is always a bit of fun. Following 2 second half incidents cury is in lockdown until the police find the snipper that on 2 different occasions wiped out a trispen player inside the penalty box. All in all decent game cury really need to battle through to the end of the season a number of players playing on with injuries added to the number of older players in the squad we will all be pleased when we make it to the end of season piss up. Good luck to trispen for the rest of the season thanks for coming back for a drink after the game.

Would have been a different game without Jowan who was. Streets ahead of all other players on the pitch. chace went one up just after half time .mr may was moved up front and proceeded to demolish the chacewater defence.thats the difference between senior and lower league junior football I guess..whether its fair or not is hugely debatable.

Would have been a different game without Jowan who was. Streets ahead of all other players on the pitch. chace went one up just after half time .mr may was moved up front and proceeded to demolish the chacewater defence.thats the difference between senior and lower league junior football I guess..whether its fair or not is hugely debatable.

Hes one of the top scorers in combo this season, I'd understand if he played for gulval 1sts but to play for reserves seems abit harsh on chacewater today, probably would have been alot more of an even game!

Div 4

Newquay 5 wendron 0

Always going to be tough 4 wendron 2day who had keir there striker missing through injury Taylor, nick and sully in midfield missing due to wrk commitment, tony our center bk on holiday, jim our other center bk missing coz of wrk commitment and our goal keeper missing through injury aswell which ment our manager had 2 play in goal! So a much changed side today 4 wendron who were coming up against a good newquay outfit, we Kept it 0-0 in the first half, showing some great battling spirit and playing some quite nice stuff at times aswell. we started the second half much in the same vein but unfourtunatly we just could not keep it up with Newquay scoring 5 goals in the last 25mins, well done to all the lads who came in 2day tho none of them letting there selfs dwn with all of them playing There part! much credit to Newquay tho they scored some great goals and r a great young footballing team who play it the right way! Nw 2 lizard at home on wednesday where hopefully we have some of our regulars back and we pick up 3 points!!

helston seconds were missing several regulars today. ..so three of the third team stepped up to play for them as we had mo game today

first team played top of the league today so absolutely no way the helston boys were loaded.Unfortunately for helston the gods won....peninsula 1 champions

I dont think it should be allowed fullstop! Think it can spoil a teams season if they get beaten by an average side with a couple of higher league players!

Completely agree. Unfortunately it's not a luxury for some teams to rely on senior/higher standard players as some teams only have the one side. When you have teams that genuinely are trying to improve and climb up the league table, only to find themselves playing against a much higher calibre of player, it can be rather downgrading and quite rude. As for Helston with the two south western guys, if they feel the need to do that, then let them. Yes they won but they won't get any credit for it in my opinion

people bang on about signing for one club....and when we use players signed for our club we get criticised! it was not a case of using these players for the sake of it...due to injuries and work we were short so used what was at our disposal...and while the rules say they can play then so be it....without them we would of had 10 players that night

Jojo has played for gulval for years, and always will! First team had no game, so played reserves. Helston played eddy and Stidwell in a division 5 game last week, and they're south western players!

Guest BenTheYeti

Although I play for St Ives as a club, as most will know, I've had nothing to do with the first team since my arrival back in October, so don't really know the ins and outs.
I am inclined to agree with most of the above though, if you sign for a club, at Senior or Junior level (which, as has been discussed time and time again,
should be consigned to history books), you should play for that club.
I am not in anyway criticising Jowan or Gulval, everyone in the West of Cornwall knows he's been associated with them for years, and he has no doubt been a great asset to St Ives in the Combo this season, and merely took advantage of playing a Combo game on a Friday evening, and a Trelawny game on a Saturday, which is well within the rules.
However, I'm sure the St Ives Reserves manager would have liked to have had the option of playing a proven goalscorer such as Mr May if given the chance, yet under the rather archaic rules we currently have in place, was completely ineligible to play.

argh, i know marazion reserves are going up this year, but i wanna play rappo again, every goalkeeper getting hammered by him atm :P zion defence held firm in the home game but the noro virus got him second game! as fate would have it am i the only goalkeeper to officially play rappo and keep a clean sheet :P

argh, i know marazion reserves are going up this year, but i wanna play rappo again, every goalkeeper getting hammered by him atm :P zion defence held firm in the home game but the noro virus got him second game! as fate would have it am i the only goalkeeper to officially play rappo and keep a clean sheet :P

might i add, only kept a clean sheet from what can only be described as an act of divine intervention, how a goalkeeper can run from one side of his goal to the other from a quick free kick while organising his defence, ball some how hits keeper bounces of the bar and lands infront of the goalkeeper whos on the ground crying coz he thinks hes let in a howler only to find his defence are alert enough lord knows, still clean sheet an all :P

Titans. 2-0 Constantine

Percy Stephens

Good game in which both teams tried there upmost to play football, the right way. Well reffed by Chris Dengler. First goal came from a corner in which Jamie cooper headed home and second from our front man Adam Brown who arrived slightly late and smelling of something resembling alcohol, silly me though because he'd merely had a meal and one to wash it down, on the Friday. Constantine lads good luck for the rest of your season and top man jarvo at the helm well assisted today by maddog. As for me off to bed got to be up early to feed my flying pigs 8 legged cows and 4 chickens that look like goats, love you Adam brown:)

people bang on about signing for one club....and when we use players signed for our club we get criticised! it was not a case of using these players for the sake of it...due to injuries and work we were short so used what was at our disposal...and while the rules say they can play then so be it....without them we would of had 10 players that night

Jojo has played for gulval for years, and always will! First team had no game, so played reserves. Helston played eddy and Stidwell in a division 5 game last week, and they're south western players!

I don't have a problem personally with bringing in players to ensure that a side is able to fulfill a fixture, no one wants to play 9 or 10 players. If they are all signed for one team then fair enough but bringing in a player signed for another team, whether he has played for them in the past or not is wrong in my opinion.