Cornwall Football Forum

FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

The weather is set fair tonight when Bodmin Town entertain near neighbours Camelford in a 'Peninsula' League game at Priory Park, kick-off 7.30pm. Camelford are in good form having won their last three League matches, and will be looking to avenge their defeat at home to Bodmin a few weeks ago. Bodmin could be feeling the effects of having played a tough 120 minutes on Tuesday in the Cornwall Senior Cup replay.so a good competitive match is on the cards.

Admission prices £4 + £2

Programme £1 + 50/50 draw £1

Hot and Cold Refreshments and Full Bar Facilities available throughout the evening

Have to agree Bodmin deserved winners, however also thought Camelford worthy of a goal in the second half, if only they could have got a shot on target. Then the champions-elect showed how easy it can be in the 90th minute with Steve Colwell coolly putting away a right wing cross from Luke Dodderidge, just to rub it in!

Have to agree Bodmin deserved to win played some classy stuff at times and Doel scored a cracker. Camelford had much more possession in second half and got through a vulnerable Bodmin defence time and time again but couldn't hit the onion bag which cost them dearly. I thought a quid was a bit dear for a cuppa. I did wonder why most Bodmin players got in the clubhouse at 9.50 and were gone again by 10.15. Main difference between the 2 teams? About £800 I reckon.

You sure they kept getting through the bodmin defence?

Well, enough times to score a couple. Bodmin are strong in midfield and that makes it hard to get near the defence who sometimes look a bit iffy. In the Indy report today it said that Camelford had the cheek to threaten the Bodmin goal, what an arrogant crass statement, here was me thinking that was what a team was meant to do, never knew it was cheeky.

Why does it always have to come down to money? Surely Bodmin won because they scored more goals than you.

Of course they did they are a better team, Why are they a better team? Because they got better players, Why have they got better players? Because they pay more money than most other teams, nothing wrong with that good luck to them but that is why it is down to money, same in any league anywhere that's why the same teams challenge for the top 4 places in the English prem year in year out. Man City and Chelsea ain't up their because they scored more goals, they are their because billionaires chucked loads of money at um to buy better players. Hope this answers yer query.

Sleepys on mega bucks too specially to keep that barnet as slick as it is! How did city get on today hoppit... All the best

Got on very well until bleddy Kolarov come on what a clown, When Adybuywhore B) went off changed an easy win for City to an easy win for Spuds, still not going to be in the top 4.

I would disagree to certain degree hoppit, i would say there are at least 3 Cornish clubs paying more than Bodmin...but do they have better players..obviously not! Clubs will always play down budgets, maybe the ones that pay very good money are a little embarrest that they cant get anywhere near Bodmin in points accumilation, and feel foolish that its money wasted? Just a thought..

Hoppit, as a final thought, you made the statement that the difference between Camelford and Bodmin is £800. I'm asking you to prove it, so com'n tell us who is on what at a club which you and I otherwise obviously know nothing about. All I'm asking is for you to give us all the genuine proof of your statement. I doubt I will be hearing from you though.

Hoppit, as a final thought, you made the statement that the difference between Camelford and Bodmin is £800. I'm asking you to prove it, so com'n tell us who is on what at a club which you and I otherwise obviously know nothing about. All I'm asking is for you to give us all the genuine proof of your statement. I doubt I will be hearing from you though.

You didn't read my post correctly, I never said it was £800 i said "about £800 i reckon" I know players from both clubs as I live quite close to both Camelford and Bodmin. I have no idea what any player gets from either club, none of my business. I talked to a Bodmin player a while back, he told me what he gets i just multiplied it and came up with a ballpark figure, might be close might not be, don't care. Realistically though i would say there is a considerable difference, it shows in class on the field as it does all over the country.

So, based on your theory, a player from a top Premier League club tells you he earns £200,000 a week, you multiply that by the number in the squad and come up with an exaggerated figure. (£200,000 x 20 players = £4 million). I'm afraid your sums don't add up and more to the point, you still haven't proved the `ABOUT` £800 a week difference between Bodmin and Camelford. Game over Hoppit.

Pacific you dont seem to be reading hoppits posts, he says he 'multiplied it and came up with a ball park figure' some will be on more, some less. Man City actually broke the £200 million pound mark on wages in 2012 so hoppits sums arent that far off, works out at £550 000 a day!!!

I think i read a couple of weeks ago that Darren Gilbert said when everyone was fit he had a squad of around 18, Camelford have about 14. there is obviously a difference in the monies paid out, hoppit isnt saying its gospel!!

OK point taken but tell me this, why every time does someone have to bring up money. Could it be because they're jealous of other clubs success? Surely, it always has to be about football. Besides that, consider Hoppit's remarks of a difference of about £800, Is he suggesting that every Bodmin player is getting a packet of, on average, £75 per game. A budget of £1200 a game - no way. I just don't understand that when a team loses fair and square to another, it's because they have more money. Pathetic.

How much "budget" will be coming from club funds and how much "budget" comes from private sponsorship, deals between individuals and expenses paid, kit bought etc. Nobody has mentioned managers, assistants and other staff yet and I would imagine that this subject will never go away or be resolved.

My players do not get paid or pay any money for subs or kit etc so is this classed as receiving funding??

Can of worms opened!!

MQx

Pacific none of the players were using money as an excuse on friday as its still 11 v 11 on the pitch. I didnt make first half due to work but second half was much more even. We were more frustrated at not testing Miller. i have no idea of the money bodmin players are on, couldnt care less. I think Jealousy could come in to it from some corners. some teams could use it as an excuse. Some teams may well be in denial about their own failings. I played against Bodmin in Senior Cup Final in 2010 (i think) same nucleus with the added quality of krac and carter. The boys there obviously enjoy their football and have been very successful.

When i step on to the pitch i dont think these boys are on x amount. i know that if we as a team play to are potential we can give anyone a game. i would say that anyone stepping on to a pitch thinking about money shouldnt be on the pitch

i know hoppit and know he would like clubs to progress to stop league becoming stale, that is probably more where his frustration comes from. I think his post is saying if they can lay out x amount per game why can they not push on and go up. yes expenses will go up but if every player agreed to £10 less a week to go to travel (effectively not changing clubs layout) then they could go up. Yes there are other things but this is mainly from a financial perspective.

at the end of the day they are the best team with the best players who have deservedly won the league

OK having a decent budget but having the best budget will not guarantee success. No point having the best paid players if the coaching staff cannot consistently get the best out of them

OK point taken but tell me this, why every time does someone have to bring up money. Could it be because they're jealous of other clubs success? Surely, it always has to be about football. Besides that, consider Hoppit's remarks of a difference of about £800, Is he suggesting that every Bodmin player is getting a packet of, on average, £75 per game. A budget of £1200 a game - no way. I just don't understand that when a team loses fair and square to another, it's because they have more money. Pathetic.

GandWBA sums it up perfectly, if Camelford and Bodmin were on similar budgets then the matches might be closer but other clubs who pay more would probably beat both, It's not a rule but a team that chucks the most money around usually win the league. Over the years Falmouth Launceston St Blazey all paid good budgets to win the league, when the money stopped so did the winning that is a fact. It's not jealousy as such just frustration that considerable money gets thrown around but Cornish football is still in the same place You can harp on that money is not the difference as much as you like but the fact is it is, end of.

Wouldnt blame the manager or coaching set up either magpie...maybe these players at some clubs arent as good as they think they are..well the division table states they are not as there is only one team thats running away with it. However not the players fault for taking the big payments its the people in charge of the purse strings that are the liabilitys...because when it all goes wrong they walk away with clubs left cash stricken and average players with massive attitutudes thinking they are top draw just because someone paid them X amount and not even mount a challenge to bodmin at the top. Not directed at any club individualy but its always been the same `merry go round` in local soccer