Cornwall Football Forum

Man Utd v Spurs

Gillsy

Good game of football, feel a little sorry for spurs they deserved a draw from the game, only thing I am waiting to see is a penalty given to the opposition at Old Trafford, doubt I will see it in my life time.

at least if van der sar has to go off injured with no subs left you always have vidic there!! :clapper::clapper:

Wasn't it Wes Brown????

Never a pen it hit his side!!!! No where near his arm :lol:

I must say Spurs did play well today, Berbatov unlucky a couple of times and

Keane hiting the bar early.

Up the reds :drink:

I'm a Man u fan and i'm happy and relived we won but we still looked flat up front and nothing on the wings with giggs being more up front and against a spurs team missing i think 3 first chose defenders?? we shud have done alot better!!! :blink:

Guest Cornishdave1980

Quote from Local Boy

5 points behind chelski could have been a lot lot worse for you!!

I personnally think it still looks bad for Man U as they could be, after Arsenal and Liverpool play their games in hand, 5 points behind their 3 main rivals. It would take some doing to over haul all 3 teams on their current form.

It seems every team that play Man U at the moment are set on playing a ten man defence and hoping for the best, extremely frustrating viewing but im sure with the quick return of Rooney and Ronaldo finishing his suspension Utd will start to break down these 10 man defences with more ease!

Guest Cornishdave1980

We all heard Fergie give it to Tevez but you be gutted if you were Nani it that was your first Prem Goal! I personnally give it to Nani probably will get it by the dubious goal panel as well. As for competitivness in the Prem i think Liverpool will finally come to the fore and it will be a matter of beating them and not chelsea to win the prem. This is the first season in a long while i can remember Liverpool having a strong start

Surely they have got to give it to Nani?? We will wait and see.

Got to admit that Liverpool are looking good so far and with Chelsea and Arsenal

getting the wins aswell I think it could be a very close run this season.

Now we have got a win I hope we go on a good run now and dont fall any further behind

at this early stage.

I'm sure when Rooney Ronaldo and Neville are back things will go alot smoother for us.

Up the reds :thumbsup:

Utd are really missing a target man. They have good wingers but unless their is a player they can hit in the box with the cross they will struggle to score. Everytime they go down the flanks they have to turn inside and play back across the box this gives the opposition time to regroup.

Heard something interesting on the radio today one of the pundits reckons that Utd should have picked up Mark Viduka in the summer.

What do utd fans think of that?

I still think it is going to be tight this season. I support Chelsea however I am not looking forward to Jan when we lose several of our key players to the African Cup, I do not know if we have enough depth to cover them. This is why it is extremely important that we take the chance Utd have handed to us a get as big as gap as possible. I am not that worried about Liverpool or Arsenal as I think they may slip up along the way, both of these team will be ones to watch next season.

I agree with luffy. Man U have had most of the game against all three sides they have played so far. A Van Nistelroy or a fit Saha would have had a hatfull leaving them top of the league.

The flowing football of Man U has so far been nulified by the opponents survival methods and the hope of a breakaway goal. And it nearly worked for Spurs.

Alex needs a target man or its going to be a long old season.