Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup Final Replay - Live Updates

The referee was very good in my opinion, picked up the nasty ones, and the not so nasty very well.

He either missed the pull down on Eddy or deemed it Ok - his choice - he's the ref. Not you bunch of moaning groaning blame the ref/lino brigade - again.

Helston in my opinion probably shaded the game, but its goals that count and Bodmin got them. Miller in goal did Ok for the main part of the match, but won it with the double save, particularly the second with a strong pair of hands - well done Kevin Miller - MOM for me.

Helston's supporters created a goodish atmosphere with their songs and chanting, but their choice of songs and words showed a lack of respect, and a bigger lack of intelligence. You can see the attitude from them summed up in the banner "we do what we want" well little men - you are going to find out that you can't, some places and people will kick your juvenile asses one day. As for standing behind the goal an directly abusing the keeper - cowards in my world.

Overall, a very good evening, a very good game, a very good crowd, very good catering - I enjoyed it.

Are you serious!? Give it a rest. The Ref was shocking, calling the Bodmin players by their nicknames and sucking up to them all game, and also if you watched it that closely you would realise that 'Eddy' was nowhere near that incident it was James Miller. Helston supporters were fantastic, you lot have obviously never been to a Prem game! if Helston had matched Bodmins crowd we would have had approximately 15 people watching the game, that would of been some atmosphere!! Bodmin gave as good as they got!

The referee was very good in my opinion, picked up the nasty ones, and the not so nasty very well.

He either missed the pull down on Eddy or deemed it Ok - his choice - he's the ref. Not you bunch of moaning groaning blame the ref/lino brigade - again.

Helston in my opinion probably shaded the game, but its goals that count and Bodmin got them. Miller in goal did Ok for the main part of the match, but won it with the double save, particularly the second with a strong pair of hands - well done Kevin Miller - MOM for me.

Helston's supporters created a goodish atmosphere with their songs and chanting, but their choice of songs and words showed a lack of respect, and a bigger lack of intelligence. You can see the attitude from them summed up in the banner "we do what we want" well little men - you are going to find out that you can't, some places and people will kick your juvenile asses one day. As for standing behind the goal an directly abusing the keeper - cowards in my world.

Overall, a very good evening, a very good game, a very good crowd, very good catering - I enjoyed it.

Are you serious!? Give it a rest. The Ref was shocking, calling the Bodmin players by their nicknames and sucking up to them all game, and also if you watched it that closely you would realise that 'Eddy' was nowhere near that incident it was James Miller. Helston supporters were fantastic, you lot have obviously never been to a Prem game! if Helston had matched Bodmins crowd we would have had approximately 15 people watching the game, that would of been some atmosphere!! Bodmin gave as good as they got!A Heston supporter I take it. Don't be naïve, if the ref knows players, he calls them by their names, it happened when I was playing 30 odd years ago - so nothing new there. I, and many others - think he had a good game. It stands to reason that none were Helston supporters or players - work it out.

Nothing wrong in essence with the Helston supporters, but, if you think about it, you can sing what you like when your in a crowd of 50,000 - nobody can hear you. However, when you're in a crowd of 800, and you're the only ones singing/chanting - then a rather less salubrious use of the English language would be deemed appropriate. That's the growing up bit.

Have I and others been to a premiership match - is the pope a catholic. Get over it - you lost, the referee did not lose it for you - you did.

We do what we want is a saying that has stuck for our team and supported end of... Don't be do naive yourself and think that it's actually ment they we actually do what we want!!!! All the slagging off of the helston fans is ridiculous it helped make the game a fantastic game.i think some of the chants were a bit over the top but after speaking to some of the players and management of Bodmin they weren't at all bothered and joined in at the end some of the helston fans came and shock hands with the Bodmin bench. It's all banter I have called and be called obscene names on the pitch on a weekly basis and then shock hands at the end. With regards to the referee I think he made some shocking decisions and seemed scared of some of the Bodmin players but that's my opinion. Bodmin are a great team with a good bunch and congratulations to them on another senior cup.

Mockey its seems you were in every part of the ground the incident happened on the dug out side and yet you could hear the crowd singing on the other side of the ground.

TheolderIgetthebetterIwas: hey old boy so that was the reason he was only interested in booking the Helston players he already knew the Bodmin players and wanted to get to know the names of the Helston players for future reference.

We do what we want is a saying that has stuck for our team and supported end of... Don't be do naive yourself and think that it's actually ment they we actually do what we want!!!! All the slagging off of the helston fans is ridiculous it helped make the game a fantastic game.i think some of the chants were a bit over the top but after speaking to some of the players and management of Bodmin they weren't at all bothered and joined in at the end some of the helston fans came and shock hands with the Bodmin bench. It's all banter I have called and be called obscene names on the pitch on a weekly basis and then shock hands at the end. With regards to the referee I think he made some shocking decisions and seemed scared of some of the Bodmin players but that's my opinion. Bodmin are a great team with a good bunch and congratulations to them on another senior cup.

Did you actually read my post ???? Did you understand it ???read it a few times.

Mockey its seems you were in every part of the ground the incident happened on the dug out side and yet you could hear the crowd singing on the other side of the ground.

TheolderIgetthebetterIwas: hey old boy so that was the reason he was only interested in booking the Helston players he already knew the Bodmin players and wanted to get to know the names of the Helston players for future reference.

Possibly - LOL

You can see the attitude from them summed up in the banner "we do what we want" well little men - you are going to find out that you can't, some places and people will kick your juvenile asses one day.

As stroz said " we do what we want " has become a toungue in cheek team moto, the players had it emboided on their ties hence the banner. As the man responsible for getting the flag made i have teenage children and am certainly not juvenile, the flag was paid for from raffle proceeds in the club, a club flag, and backed by sid also a father of teenagers and not juvenile, it was something to add to the occassion all in good spirit. Bloody rich being called juvenile by a bloke who comes on here week in week out posting juvenile comments

You can see the attitude from them summed up in the banner "we do what we want" well little men - you are going to find out that you can't, some places and people will kick your juvenile asses one day.

As stroz said " we do what we want " has become a toungue in cheek team moto, the players had it emboided on their ties hence the banner. As the man responsible for getting the flag made i have teenage children and am certainly not juvenile, the flag was paid for from raffle proceeds in the club, a club flag, and backed by sid also a father of teenagers and not juvenile, it was something to add to the occassion all in good spirit. Bloody rich being called juvenile by a bloke who comes on here week in week out posting juvenile comments

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And ???? suggest you look at it from another point of view, like, those who do not know its history, if it has one. Been to Helston many times,and had good times in the bar with Patrick. Don't remember that as a club motto or seeing it on a flag before. How long has it been the team motto ????

Now read it again, and understand it implications, it bloody looks juvenile.

So what's the real problem here! Finally a sleeping giant of Cornish football is waking up and been woken up in the right way!! Local players playing for THEIR club being supported by local people from the town!! Are Helston supposed to not have support because they were a Combination League team 2 years ago? Is it because they are a club on the up who have built such a strong infrastructure that in my opinion will last for years and years!! Isn't it about their was some passion bought back into Cornish football? I agree some of the chants were a little obscene but when you have no other crowd to chant against you have to think if new songs!! I have spoken to a few people who made their first ever trip to watch helston during these two finals and they have said they will return to support helston again! So getting people to watch this game is surely a plus point! I really enjoyed the atmosphere and I know the rest of the Helston lads did as it pushed us on when we were down to ten men, and I also know the Bodmin boys enjoyed it too! As for the officials, well I personally think they did fantastic considering the occasion and the intimidating atmosphere!!

On a plus point for Helston we did win one thing - the game of Hide And Seek played between the two sets of fans!! They know how to hide!

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their seasons

Goldeneye i bet you are one of those people other supporters avoid at games I reckon your a right moaner, what you should do on a Saturday afternoon is pull up your arm chair in front of the box play a bit of classical music on your grammarphone and chill, not only would that do your blood pressure the world of good it would save us having to put up with your moaning about others enjoying themselfs at footie matches.

players and management of Bodmin they weren't at all bothered

Stroz - What about the spectators who were bothered? Presumably you couldn't care less! :SM_carton:

If you dont want to listen to bad language etc, then a football ground really isnt the place for you. No, I wasnt involved in the chanting. I was however, sat very nearby and would like to think I'm thick skinned enough to ignore anything I didn't want to listen to.

Besides, I presume you went and had a word with all of those who were chanting as it has quite clearly upset you and ruined your week, right?

how do you know it was first game of season for some fans?

Regulation win and Trophy for Bodmin. Over the course of two games, Helston at their absolute best unable to beat Bodmin at their worst. The fans were what they were, for some it was their first game of the season!

Stroz - What about the spectators who were bothered? Presumably you couldn't care less! :SM_carton:

If you dont want to listen to bad language etc, then a football ground really isnt the place for you. No, I wasnt involved in the chanting. I was however, sat very nearby and would like to think I'm thick skinned enough to ignore anything I didn't want to listen to.

Besides, I presume you went and had a word with all of those who were chanting as it has quite clearly upset you and ruined your week, right? Unfortunately that's the wrong answer........ Not everyone is as think skinned as you!

Everyone is wondering why local football isn't attended by families, well I think you have your answer, why would I want to subject my young children to 90 mins of foul language? Also its not their job to tell the group of fouled mouthed supporters to curb their bad language, it's the clubs responsibility.

no where in my post this was a club motto from years past. ..maybe motto is the wrong word. its something that has developed as a bit of fun and banter up at the club over last couple of seasons. ..a club that has progressed on and off the field in a big way over the last few years. Perhaps you should pop up the club on a Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon to witness the fun and banter every one has together. something that has brought the team an amazing team spirit on and off the field. when guys like milchy and chris strike who have played at a high level for other clubs for a number of years say its the best atmosphere spirit and club they have played for theb that says something. I am sorry that a flag and the words we do what we want which is a bit of fun for those involved in the club, has upset you. am sure patrick would of seen the humour in it

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And ???? suggest you look at it from another point of view, like, those who do not know its history, if it has one. Been to Helston many times,and had good times in the bar with Patrick. Don't remember that as a club motto or seeing it on a flag before. How long has it been the team motto ????

Now read it again, and understand it implications, it bloody looks juvenile.

If thats the case at least Helston supporters turned up for one game unlike the Bodmin supporters,over the three games thay wouldn't of had enough supporters to fill a mini-bus let alone a coach.

So Bodmin have played well all season apart from the three games they played against Helston Coincidence or what

So what's the real problem here! Finally a sleeping giant of Cornish football is waking up and been woken up in the right way!! Local players playing for THEIR club being supported by local people from the town!! Are Helston supposed to not have support because they were a Combination League team 2 years ago? Is it because they are a club on the up who have built such a strong infrastructure that in my opinion will last for years and years!! Isn't it about their was some passion bought back into Cornish football? I agree some of the chants were a little obscene but when you have no other crowd to chant against you have to think if new songs!! I have spoken to a few people who made their first ever trip to watch helston during these two finals and they have said they will return to support helston again! So getting people to watch this game is surely a plus point! I really enjoyed the atmosphere and I know the rest of the Helston lads did as it pushed us on when we were down to ten men, and I also know the Bodmin boys enjoyed it too! As for the officials, well I personally think they did fantastic considering the occasion and the intimidating atmosphere!!

On a plus point for Helston we did win one thing - the game of Hide And Seek played between the two sets of fans!! They know how to hide!

How did you win Hide n Seek if you didnt find them?? :thumbsup:

Calling yourselves a sleeping giant is a little arrogant dont you think? are you likely to win anything this season? lets remember that in years to come, success will be measured on silverware :P

Will success be measured on silverware in the next 2 or 3 seasons OR will it be measured on building a community club that allows local players the chance to play the highest standard possible! Two seasons ago helston were regarded as a mid table team now they are pushing at the top of the league and got to the senior cup final! Not sure anyone would of predicted that then!! Helston have the potential to be a massive club and there are some really good youngsters who are coming through at the minute! So I don't believe it's arrogant to call them a sleeping giant!! The football is the talk of the town at the minute and will hopefully attract people to become involved!!

Look, well done to Helston, well done for creating a community club, well done for not paying your players, well done for reaching the cup final, well done for everything.Just ease up on the bigging it up, you've done nothing yet. Go forward and get your promotion, get your lights up, take on the bigger boys on a regular basis, go on and win the FA vase. Tell your supporters to ease up when needs be, stop slagging the ref off, lose the we don't care, will do what we want attitude. I would be delighted for you, genuinely delighted for you.

If only that ref in the Semi-Final hadn't found an extra 10 seconds, then Helston would not have had these new found fans. They will turn up tomorrow v Godolphin and make some noise, but you can bet your life that when next season comes, they will have forgotten all about HAFC and the club will be back to 80 or so every other week.

Love the WDWWW flag by the way.

Besides, I presume you went and had a word with all of those who were chanting as it has quite clearly upset you and ruined your week, right? Unfortunately that's the wrong answer........ Not everyone is as think skinned as you!

Everyone is wondering why local football isn't attended by families, well I think you have your answer, why would I want to subject my young children to 90 mins of foul language? Also its not their job to tell the group of fouled mouthed supporters to curb their bad language, it's the clubs responsibility.

In which case I can safely presume you have e-mailed the club with a formal complaint? I'd imagine not. Football is a passionate game and you will do very well to find yourself a match where your children will be able to avoid foul language. Acceptable or not, It's part and parcel of not only football, but competitive sport as a whole.

If you wish to molly cuddle your children then there is a lovely package out at the moment known as Sky Sports. You can quite often find football on there regularly during the week and over the weekend which will be well censored for you.

That's the problem with the Sky Sports football world of today, the working class game has been hijacked by theatre goers, who expect everyone to sit still and applaud politely when something exciting happens. Personally I can't wait for the novelty to wear off so that the rest of us can have our sport back, this will presumably happen when darts goes upmarket, then all these miserable sods can show the same disgust while trying to sit quietly amongst 5000 drunken idiots at the ally pally, tut tut

That's the problem with the Sky Sports football world of today, the working class game has been hijacked by theatre goers, who expect everyone to sit still and applaud politely when something exciting happens. Personally I can't wait for the novelty to wear off so that the rest of us can have our sport back, this will presumably happen when darts goes upmarket, then all these miserable sods can show the same disgust while trying to sit quietly amongst 5000 drunken idiots at the ally pally, tut tut

Couldn't agree more. Big thumbs up from here.

That's the problem with the Sky Sports football world of today, the working class game has been hijacked by theatre goers, who expect everyone to sit still and applaud politely when something exciting happens

Your completely missing the point that I and others have made. I like to hear chanting and singing at matches but I, (like many others), don't like to hear OBSCENE chanting and singing. Football should be a game welcoming to all, as we are all equal. :)

And your missing my point, chanting, whether it be obscene or not, has been part and parcel of football for at least the last six decades, it's only in recent years that people have become precious about what is chanted. What would have been classed as banter 20 years ago is now being called offensive, I preferred the old days and I'm entitled to my opinion as well.

I suspect that the players quite enjoyed playing in front of a noisy crowd, the Bodmin players, when they scored certainly seemed to enjoy celebrating in front of the Helston supporters, and rightly so, it was there way of answering back, it all added to the occasion.

As a neutral, I thoroughly enjoyed the occasion, probably the best game I've seen this season, mind you I normally watch Argyle on a Saturday and there's been little atmosphere or good football up at Home Park for a good while.

Theatre, passion and the restoration of the workers' game to the workers are in no way incompatible. Too much fuss about swearing is a pathetic ruse of the ruling classes to call attention away from the theft of the workers' game by Murdoch and the Sky-owning classes.

Good luck to both Helston and Bodmin from the anarchist heart of the People's Republic of St Just.

Keep the Cornish Rebellion alive !

Think Sid and the Helston team derserve alot of credit for the way they pushed what could be argued to be one of the best Peninsula/South Weston League teams of all time all the way in both Finals and Semi-Final in the other cup. I managed to get to the final at Truro and thought the support Helston brought was superb but the way in which they conducted themselves at some stages during the game was borderline disgusting. We are not in the professional football category so should players, officials and the management of teams be subject to some of the chants that was going on, i myself dont think so. I have also seen Helston play 4 times this season and have to say that they have been impressive on all 4 occasions, especially the 2 up top and they convincinly beat 3 teams by what i think was double figures and the other time beating the team by 4 goals but for me it was the way in which they won that lets them down. They were far the better team on all occasions but on every occasion they belittled the other teams stating how poor they were time and time again and it came from all parts of the club, the supporters, the players and from the dug-out which in my eyes was poor and unproffesional. Helston have an awful lot going for them down there and it wont be long before they are in the Prem, they have a good squad of players, a decent manager who knows his stuff and a good pitch and clubhouse, but think they need to address other aspects of the football game before they march on.

Maybe most of you posting above would be better off spending Saturdays at church!

Whether you like it or not swearing is part of everyday life, you do-gooders are probably responsible from stopping teachers/police and every other governing bodies from chastising your children and now it's gonna come back and haunt you all, DEAL WITH IT LOL

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, April 27, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, April 27, 2013 - No reason given

c o c k

Don't matter anymore, they have all buggered off again. Crowd for Helstons biggest home game of the season v Godolphin is a true reflection of the support for the club, just 115 bothered to watch.