Cornwall Football Forum

Results 9th April

Division 4.

Madron Res 2-5 Four lanes.

Not a bad football match to be playing in tonight against a very good Four Lanes side!!!

Another good display from the ref (not very often you hear that up Madron lol)

Good luck to Four Lanes for the rest of the season :)

Div 5

Helston 3rds 2 -4 Marazion Res

Top of the table clash with both teams looking for three points to increase their chances of promotion. We started with a bang and had Helston on the back foot. We took the lead after about 5 minutes when a Helston defender headed away a corner to the edge of their area where Matty Thomas was waiting to volley it past their keeper. The first 25 minutes were probably our best of the season with Matty and Liam Mooney terrorising the Helston back line. We increased our lead after about 20 minutes when Matty collected the ball on the left, drove forward and beat 3 players before sliding the ball to Dale Vigus in the Helston box, he then beat another couple of players with quick feet and from a tight angle beat the keeper. It was probably our best goal of the season and nothing the Helston defence could do. Matty then made it 3-0 a few minutes later when the defence failed to clear a cross and he hammered it past the keeper. At this stage we were cruising and it looked like the points were in the bag. However, Helston made a substitute and the player that came on seemed to rejuvenate Helston. He won a tackle in the middle of the pitch and with our defence backing off him, he kept running before blasting into the far corner, beyond the diving Eric in goal. It wasn't long before Helston got their second. With our defence trying to play out from the back, they lost the ball and when play was switched the same player that scored their first was their to volley home. Helston looked a very different team from the one playing in the first 25 minutes although we did create a few more chances late on. Half time probably came at the right time for us.

Second half and we seemed to up the anti. We created several chances but couldn't find the goal to kill the game. Thankfully Helston failed to play like they did for the latter part of the first half and never really threatened our goal. With about 15 minutes left the manager made an inspired substitution and within seconds Craig Rennard popped up to slide home our fourth and effectively kill the game.

3 hard fought points won against top of the table which keeps us right in the mix for promotion. Helston again on Saturday so we will need to play like that again to get 3 points. Helston played well in patches especially the last 20 minutes of the first half. Game was

reffed reasonable well although he did fail to pick up a bit of man handling by the Helston centre back.

MOM - Matty Thomas : Unplayable today, scored two assisted the other two and ran the Helston defence ragged.

Eric Sleeman

Jason O'Sullivan

Scott James

James Burlingham

Adam Caul

Sanjay Vadgama Mark Hampton

Steve Hunt

Dale Vigus 1 Adam Martin

Craig Rennard 1 Jamie Mooney

Liam Mooney

Matty Thomas 2

DIV 5

ST.ERME. (1) 5 Williams 3, 89 Rapsey 59(pen), 63 James 78,

TRELANDER (0). 1 85,

Shocking first half, livened up a bit in the second but too pissed off to talk about it to be honest. I hit the post twice and had 3 goals disallowed by the ''linesman''. Fair play to ref Phil Avis, always a gent and great ref, felt sorry for him. One of them I was a minimum of 5 yards onside and thanks to the Trelander defenders who even felt embarrassed and apologised. One did bounce up and hit my arm before I scored which i thought was fair but the other two were an absolute joke!!! I suppose that's the price we pay for playing at this level and every team gets ripped off during a season and its a thankless task which nobody really wants to do!? Having said that I've seen some excellent club linesmen this season so I guess it's a case of think yourself lucky when you get one? Plus I played shit which wasn't his fault!!!! :-(

fair reflection of the game blue nose with matt Thomas causing us problems with his skill and pace. positive for us was we did not crumble and responded well at 3-0 down to come back at you. the sub you mentioned who came on is our skipper who obviously normally starts but was delayed at work. ..oh the joys of evening games!! with Saturdays game to come and Barker bowl semi the following week we will be sick of the sight of each other! nice to chat to some of your lads after

Div 5

Top of the table clash with both teams looking for three points to increase their chances of promotion. We started with a bang and had Helston on the back foot. We took the lead after about 5 minutes when a Helston defender headed away a corner to the edge of their area where Matty Thomas was waiting to volley it past their keeper. The first 25 minutes were probably our best of the season with Matty and Liam Mooney terrorising the Helston back line. We increased our lead after about 20 minutes when Matty collected the ball on the left, drove forward and beat 3 players before sliding the ball to Dale Vigus in the Helston box, he then beat another couple of players with quick feet and from a tight angle beat the keeper. It was probably our best goal of the season and nothing the Helston defence could do. Matty then made it 3-0 a few minutes later when the defence failed to clear a cross and he hammered it past the keeper. At this stage we were cruising and it looked like the points were in the bag. However, Helston made a substitute and the player that came on seemed to rejuvenate Helston. He won a tackle in the middle of the pitch and with our defence backing off him, he kept running before blasting into the far corner, beyond the diving Eric in goal. It wasn't long before Helston got their second. With our defence trying to play out from the back, they lost the ball and when play was switched the same player that scored their first was their to volley home. Helston looked a very different team from the one playing in the first 25 minutes although we did create a few more chances late on. Half time probably came at the right time for us.

Second half and we seemed to up the anti. We created several chances but couldn't find the goal to kill the game. Thankfully Helston failed to play like they did for the latter part of the first half and never really threatened our goal. With about 15 minutes left the manager made an inspired substitution and within seconds Craig Rennard popped up to slide home our fourth and effectively kill the game.

3 hard fought points won against top of the table which keeps us right in the mix for promotion. Helston again on Saturday so we will need to play like that again to get 3 points. Helston played well in patches especially the last 20 minutes of the first half. Game was

reffed reasonable well although he did fail to pick up a bit of man handling by the Helston centre back.

MOM - Matty Thomas : Unplayable today, scored two assisted the other two and ran the Helston defence ragged.

Eric Sleeman

Jason O'Sullivan

Scott James

James Burlingham

Adam Caul

Steve Hunt

Dale Vigus 1 Adam Martin

Liam Mooney

Matty Thomas 2

fair reflection of the game blue nose with matt Thomas causing us problems with his skill and pace. positive for us was we did not crumble and responded well at 3-0 down to come back at you. the sub you mentioned who came on is our skipper who obviously normally starts but was delayed at work. ..oh the joys of evening games!! with Saturdays game to come and Barker bowl semi the following week we will be sick of the sight of each other! nice to chat to some of your lads after

Div 5

Eric Sleeman

Jason O'Sullivan

Scott James

James Burlingham

Adam Caul

Steve Hunt

Dale Vigus 1 Adam Martin

Liam Mooney

Matty Thomas 2

Yeah momentum was definitely with you are the end of the first half. Think we were glad to get to half time still leading. Enjoyable game tho and looking forward to Saturday. Think both teams are still in a good position to get promoted and its still in our own hands.

Div 2

Cury 1-2 Culdrose res

Culdrose will be gutted to read this result !! Yes it was a victory for them but the scoreline is not a fair reflection culdrose where by far the better team moving the ball round nicely and using the space well. Cury do make things hard for themselves by not pressing high enough leaving the 3 ageing centre midfielders to cover a lot of ground this allows teams to much time on the ball and allows good ball players like woody and George for culdrose to dictate the play. It's no secret cury have struggled this season after 3 or 4 decent seasons but rest assured we will stick together and battle on with a number of players missing at the moment we are fielding a very weakened side compared to the one we could turn out if we could just get a bit more commitment from some a bit better luck with injuries and some of are new signings avalible not to mention a regular goalkeeper. I am sure from next week on things are going to improve and we hope to have a decent end to the season followed by a nice break before the pre season starts again this time with a stronger squad and more commitment from some. Well done to culdrose and thanks for coming back for food and drinks after the game all the best for the rest of the season.

P.S George can u please get Shaun Howells out your pocket as we need him for our next game lol

DIV 5

ST.ERME. (1) 5 Williams 3, 89 Rapsey 59(pen), 63 James 78,

TRELANDER (0). 1 85,

Shocking first half, livened up a bit in the second but too pissed off to talk about it to be honest. I hit the post twice and had 3 goals disallowed by the ''linesman''. Fair play to ref Phil Avis, always a gent and great ref, felt sorry for him. One of them I was a minimum of 5 yards onside and thanks to the Trelander defenders who even felt embarrassed and apologised. One did bounce up and hit my arm before I scored which i thought was fair but the other two were an absolute joke!!! I suppose that's the price we pay for playing at this level and every team gets ripped off during a season and its a thankless task which nobody really wants to do!? Having said that I've seen some excellent club linesmen this season so I guess it's a case of think yourself lucky when you get one? Plus I played shit which wasn't his fault!!!! :-(

Well,what did you expect Mark,coming from the other side of the city . lol