Cornwall Football Forum

3rd and 4th place epl

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we will take the point today but with chelsea winning spurs drawing [with a game in hand ] and everton winning what a run in ,sorry sss it was only his leg offside and will take that ,yes maybe lucky but what about spurs on sat left it VERY late so plenty to play for to close to call hope the gunners can hang on but who knows? on a different angle see the tabloids are of already with the gunners should spend their so called BIG transfer budget on ,we have been linked with players ranging from valdes to remy from qpr we all know arsene and the board dont like spending on players so the next couple of months are going to be full of rumour and the general rubbish spouted to fill the sports pages,but the big problems lie ahead for the gunners and who they buy and if we will drift back to the old days of the 70s when we were only looking at good runs in the cup.

Walcott offside? Yes. Penalty? Yes. Thing is, result was 1-1, so nothing in that game matters anymore. The point was important. Looking at Arsenals remaining games, Wigan Home, and QPR and Newcastle Away, we really should be looking at 9 points (which would put us on 73). That's what a true team worthy of finishing to qualify for the CL should be looking at and capable of. Spurs are Home to Southampton and Sunderland, a good shout for 6 points, but Chelsea and Stoke away, 3 or 4 points would be a good return there (equaling a total of 71 to 72 points). Chelsea have Spurs and Everton at home, lets give them 4 to 6 points there, and away games at ManU and Aston Villa, lets give them 3 more (so they total 72 to 74 points). Oh god this is going to the wire!!! It looks like one more slip up from Arsenal will be one too many!

well well guys and girls its all up in the air all to play for the big money of the champs league awaits who will blink 1st or self combust ? will it be spurs chelsea or the arsenal ? or outside bet everton ? really is squeaky bum time alround fingers crossed the gunners will hold on.

not sure my old ticker can take anymore ha ha and well done gareth bale on the pfa awards last night ,pity no gunners in the prem team but no one has been outstanding for the gunners this season so perhaps hanging on for champs league would be i am afraid to say is our season

No wonder Spurs let McMenamin have that free shot into the top corner. They were afraid he might tackle Bale instead. What with all his awards, we don't want him going the same way next day as the jockey who won the Grand National ! :wacko:

Admittedly the horse was a bit better looking than Bale and might be insulted by the analogy. But I fear it would then have been very much a case of "It's My Party AndI'll Cry If I Want To."

No wonder Spurs let McMenamin have that free shot into the top corner. They were afraid he might tackle Bale instead. What with all his awards, we don't want him going the same way next day as the jockey who won the Grand National ! :wacko:

Admittedly the horse was a bit better looking than Bale and might be insulted by the analogy. But I fear it would then have been very much a case of "It's My Party AndI'll Cry If I Want To."

And you'll cry to if it happens to youuuuuu - sing it Isaac.

To comment on someones looks shows a lack of breeding, Isaac must consider himself as being gods gift to women.

What a plonker.

Judging by your habitual imagery of breeding and plonkers, you're obsessed with and the begetting of offspring. :ph34r:

Why might that be ?

I wonder what is lacking in that lonely life in High Wycombe. :(

Never mind. Keep sharing out the Werther's Originals. I could recommend a Nabokov novel for therapy if you were a bit more literate, but I never cast pearls before swine. :)

Have you thought of retiring back down to Grampound with a few other goats ? :thumbsup:

Well that's a good win for Chelsea. Question marks over the Utd line up, but take nothing away from Chelsea. I guess I'll be hollering for Chelsea against Spurs. And with Spurs then visiting Stoke, who need a win, pressure is on them big time. Arsenal also have pressure, but all they can do is win their remaining 2 games. Not in Arsenals hands still, so nervy times ahead.

Nothing has changed.

We have to go to Chelski,and win.

Got a feeling.Chelski will get the points,and it will be a controversial referee's decision.

That's what usually happen.

To be honest,with the fixtures left.Spurs must be favourites for 5th.

What ever happens.Spurs have had a good season,and Bale will be at Spurs next season.

I,ve had a little nod,from the inside.

Nice to hear all the sensible people conceding. The smile on my face is as wide as the one from David Luis when that child fullback doppelganger clattered him meaninglessly.

Delighted to hear that Mangle will be supporting the Blues in their training match on Wednesday. I trust all patriotic supporters of London clubs will be delighted that the Blue Tinners have saved the reputation of British football in Europe this season.

SS, I know you are a bit noddy on the inside, but Bale actually believes that he is good enough to play club football at the highest level, so will depart for a club with serious ambitions. Sorry that this upsets you so, but life's like that.

Don't go getting stressed: We don't want you getting locked up in Musgrove Park again. it's only a game and you must learn to be a good loser. Very best wishes for a good summer ! :)

Nothing has changed.

Got a feeling.Chelski will get the points,and it will be a controversial referee's decision.

What ever happens.Spurs have had a good season,and Bale will be at Spurs next season.

Shame that I have to agree. I would honestly have liked to see Spurs in the CL next year (and I know it is still in their hands to do it). At the expense of Chelsea of course. Fed up with them punching above their weight. I can't see them slipping up now, although it is still possible. Home to Spurs, away at Villa, home to Everton. Not a 9 point easy run in. Still some tight games to go. At least it's exciting. I've just looked at the home and away records for Arsenal and Spurs. They are virtually the same. This could s come down to goal difference, which is in Arsenal and Chelsea's favour. We'll see.

Nice to hear all the sensible people conceding. The smile on my face is as wide as the one from David Luis when that child fullback doppelganger clattered him meaninglessly.

Delighted to hear that Mangle will be supporting the Blues in their training match on Wednesday. I trust all patriotic supporters of London clubs will be delighted that the Blue Tinners have saved the reputation of British football in Europe this season.

SS, I know you are a bit noddy on the inside, but Bale actually believes that he is good enough to play club football at the highest level, so will depart for a club with serious ambitions. Sorry that this upsets you so, but life's like that.

Don't go getting stressed: We don't want you getting locked up in Musgrove Park again. it's only a game and you must learn to be a good loser. Very best wishes for a good summer ! :)

Well Mr Blue nose.

Despite what you think of me,or how I manage to climb poles.

I managed a very nice Execetive Day in the Centenary Club at White Hart Lane,yesterday.

All paid for by my wonderful company,and managed to bump into some very big wigs at Tottenham.

They assured me,Bale goes no-where.

So Mr big mouth,I am quite prepaired to put my money where my mouth is.

Would you like to have a little wager.

BALE WILL BE AT SPURS NEXT SEASON.

Well Mr Blue nose.

Despite what you think of me,or how I manage to climb poles.

I managed a very nice Execetive Day in the Centenary Club at White Hart Lane,yesterday.

All paid for by my wonderful company,and managed to bump into some very big wigs at Tottenham.

They assured me,Bale goes no-where.

So Mr big mouth,I am quite prepaired to put my money where my mouth is.

Would you like to have a little wager.

BALE WILL BE AT SPURS NEXT SEASON.

when he plays for or against you?

theo scores his 20 this season ,has been a bit quiet since the pay rise ha ha , ok guys all to play for still no one slipping up this weekend the prem league is still interesting even though the champs are already crowned sneaked a 1-0 to the arsenal again yesterday fingers crossed for the gunners and may the best teams get the final champs league places

Nothing has changed.

I know what your thinking ss, but, you know the life of a spurs supporter - anything can happen. COYS.

No wonder Talk Talk are wiping the floor with Beetee, one of the companies stolen from the people by Thatcher, if my poor old sicknote from cakeburner land is up there doing the executing. I'm glad they've got some Big Wigs at Uh Wot Lane to cover the idiotic appearance of their one decent player wearing one of those American caps the wrong way round.

Has he got an agent with a brain or does he want his football career to be remembered for exhibiting the biggest tadpole in an unknown pond ?

Unlike you, SS. You sound really important. I expect they'll put a blue plaque on your house. :yahoo:

One point not good enough for either Chelsea or Spurs really. It's put Arsenal's destiny back in their own hands of course. Spurs really need 3 points at Stoke on Sunday to put some pressure back on Arsenal for their home match with Wigan a few days later..

One point not good enough for either Chelsea or Spurs really. It's put Arsenal's destiny back in their own hands of course. Spurs really need 3 points at Stoke on Sunday to put some pressure back on Arsenal for their home match with Wigan a few days later..

Agree.

We were not great tonight,but never gave up.

AVB said we need 70pts.

Think we need two more wins.

I have had one of my visions. :yahoo:

69...67...66 with two games to go. Wigan have blown it, so that's three points for the Arse. Newcastle away......could be interesting if the Toon need to win to stay up. My best guess is 4 points from the two games.....71 for the season.

The Blue Tinners...we don't usually like going to Villa and they are on decent form. Could be a draw. We've repeatedly drawn at home to Everton and it could be Moyes' last game. Two points.....71 for the season and the best goal difference.

Spurs might win one of the remaining games, maybe at Stoke, but with their history of blowing it I foresee an 87th minute Sunderland equaliser as Lloris fumbles a Larson free kick in off the post, dropping their potential total from 72 to 70 and dropping their position from 3rd to 5th. Di Canio's celebration as it saves Sunderland from going down is interpreted as a fascist rally and the Tottenham crowd rightly riot.

Shame about that Bale free kick near the end at the Bridge. You blew it. Still never won at the Bridge since Lineker, who is now going very grey.

The Woad Brotherhood are already chanting and it will be arranged. Headbutt Corner is bedecked with blue ribbons and a gerbil called Sidney Sussex, SS for short, has been sacrificed. More buns have been ordered for everyone after Rafa and Frank ate all the first lot.

:)

well well chelsea ,spurs draw nothing in it all to play for isaac you have an obsession with buns ha ha ,ss wants to bet all his money on spurs making champions league place , why dont ss and isaac bet cakes instead saffron buns maybe? hell even i am talking buns instead of balls well guys the thread carries on who will blink 1st ? the gunners have two awkward games ahead both teams we play are both fighting for prem survival ,sorry cant be really sure we wont fall at the last hurdle really exciting finish to season and also the last relegation place to go as well keep the faith everyone ,but at the end of the season will the gooners still be saying in arsene we trust?

well spurs do it again lampard does it for chelsea and the gunners wait for tue and wigan after their fantastic win in the fa cup ,and they still need points to stay in the prem league ,it is in the gunners own hand but we cant afford to slip up ,going to the wire guys and girls ,apart from utd winning the league again and looks like mancini is on his way its is still very exciting end to the season ,bit to much excitement for my age

Ten years without a trophy, ten years without an away win at those sides, if that's success then give him another ten

st darren some one else must rate david moyes after this weeks news that he will be the new man utd manager next season

Frank is the top all-time scorer for Chelsea.

The Blues are in Real European competition in 2014 and the Champions League Trophy will be coming home to Mourinho and Stamford Bridge.

They will win the Pub Cup on Wednesday.

Poor old Spuds. Losing out to Arsenal will probably feel even worse than when we jettisoned them into a Pub Cup that we will now take anyway.

Particularly amusing to see they are winning all these meaningless games at places like Stoke but that it still won't get them anywhere.

Time to light the Menorah and pray for divine assistance, SS ! Give us a good cheer on Wednesday, won't you ? :)

Interesting fact...........???

Newcastle 2 v 1 Spurs

Arsenal 0 v 0 Sunderland

If these earlier "reverse" results are repeated, Spurs draw with Sunderland and Arsenal lose to Newcastle, Arsenal finish 4th.

Somehow, I think it's going to be different, I believe Spurs have a "bolted on" 3 points this Sunday. The ball is in Arsenals court, a tricky one for them to win.

May the best team win.....!!

Deep down,Spurs fans knew we would go to the last game.

We hoped Wigan may do something.

Reality says,it was always going down to the final game.

Still confident.

I think Newcastle can get something from the game,and Spurs will beat Sunderland.

Will be a nervous Sunday afternoon at the Lane ,but bring it on,we have had a great season.

COYS.

i thought last night wigan were going to get the points for a large period of the game after their equaliser ,but alot of grit was shown by the arsenal last night which was missing earlier in the season 4th spot is in our own hands now and we really have to win at newcastle to make sure we hold on to it will be a big game for the gunners and the fans so everything crossed and roll on sunday come on you gunners

Deep down,Spurs fans knew we would go to the last game.

We hoped Wigan may do something.

Reality says,it was always going down to the final game.

Still confident.

I think Newcastle can get something from the game,and Spurs will beat Sunderland.

Will be a nervous Sunday afternoon at the Lane ,but bring it on,we have had a great season.

COYS.

agree with you about spurs winning on sunday but i dont think most gunners fans will think we have had a great season as we seem to be further behind the top three as a spurs fan you will be happy to get champs league so you have a lot in common with arsene as he seems to think this is like a trophy

his words not mine