Cornwall Football Forum

Wednesday 3rd April Trelawny League Results

Guest BenTheYeti

Div 4

Carharrack 1-2 constaintine

One deflected wonder goal and a wonder goal from the right back for constaintine

Late goal for carharrack by liam bray constaintine held on at end.

Both keepers making good saves at times

All the best rest of season

Mom number 7 Ross? Ran the show all game

No wheels off, tms r a gud side and if u look back over the last 4 seasons they hav always done well at oxland park, i only watched the 1st half and from wat i saw illogan were the better side, tms had a chance just go wide of the post early on but illogan had 4 or 5 gud chances with tms keeper making a few gud saves, dont know wat happened in the 2nd half. Its bin a cracking season so far 4 illogan and they hav alot 2 play 4, it takes alot of hard work 2 put the run 2gether that they hav 2 points droped in 18 games and only 5 goals againest great stuff. Keep up the gud work

No wheels off, tms r a gud side and if u look back over the last 4 seasons they hav always done well at oxland park, i only watched the 1st half and from wat i saw illogan were the better side, tms had a chance just go wide of the post early on but illogan had 4 or 5 gud chances with tms keeper making a few gud saves, dont know wat happened in the 2nd half. Its bin a cracking season so far 4 illogan and they hav alot 2 play 4, it takes alot of hard work 2 put the run 2gether that they hav 2 points droped in 18 games and only 5 goals againest great stuff. Keep up the gud work

Don't think the wheels will fall off at Illogan, to much experience for that, and no one will catch them in the league even if they did have a little wobble! 18 unbeaten is a record anyone would be proud of.

Several changes to their side tonight from their Junior Cup starting 11, but still a strong side out. Illogan on top for most of the 1st half but shots were either wide or well saved by Ash. 2nd half Ash again made some fine blocks to keep Tms in the game and Charlie headed one off the line which was going in. Tms started pushing with twenty to go and it felt like there was a goal coming. Ash again had to be brave to stop Adam Calloway adding to the Illogan score. Ref awarded a penalty with about 5 minutes left, Ryan scored with a powerful drive straight down the middle which gave Shaun no chance. Tms good value for their point with a solid display from all players.

Guest BenTheYeti

Just a small report from me tonight, I know the Halsetown first team manager can't stand my long winded essays (Hi Karl)

Rosudgeon 4 - 2 Halsetown

On another perfect evening for football, on what was one of the best Junior football surfaces I've seen this season at Rosudgeon, a more even contest than the scoreline suggests was played out.
The first half an hour couldn't have been split by a coin toss, with both teams having decent spells of possession, and a couple of half chances coming and going. The first real chance of the half fell to the tireless Chris Pugh, who was released one on one with Rosudgeon keeper Tim Coates, but Chris probably took one touch too much and allowed the keeper to make an excellent smothering save (albeit with his back!)
Rosudgeon took the lead after about 35 minutes, when a slight lack in communication between Joseph Binney and debutant keeper Andy Peters led to a half clearance being picked up by the men in purple, with a slide rule pass being finished into the far corner with aplomb.
Just as the game was looking like heading to the break at 1-0, some neat interplay from left to right by Halsetown led to Joseph finding the ball at his feet with space 30+ yards from goal, and the cries of "shoooot!" were heeded as he absolutely rocketed one into the corner of the net, with the keeper barely able to move an inch.. it was worth turning up just to see that goal to be honest.
HT 1-1
Again, the second half started very evenly, with the Rosudgeon forward playing a cheeky nutmeg before running into the box and a bit selfishly firing in a shot rather than squaring, which was well parried, and at the other end, Steve Hoskins and Beau Stevens linked well in the air to find Chris Pugh, who bought himself a yard before firing wide.
The parity was broken midway through the half when again the ball was worked from one side to the other, eventually once again finding Chris Pugh, who fooled at least 17 defenders with 3 stepovers in 0.7 seconds, giving him the room for a shot which could only be parried, and Beau Stevens, who at 4ft6 had clearly run through some legs to get into the box undetected, popped up from left back to tap home the rebound.
Rosudgeon continued to press hard for an equaliser (with one being ruled out by a correct offside flag), and with 75 minutes gone, and Halsetown starting to show a bit of tiredness, the equaliser came when the ball was given away in midfield by my mate "The Cat", and with the resulting attack never properly cleared, a midfielder played a clever back heel to the striker, who once again found a good finish into the far corner.
This goal really spurred on the home side, and they quickly found the lead from a header from a corner, and with Halsetown pushing men forward to find an equaliser, a long ball down the line found a Rosudgeon player in plenty of space, and he raced away towards the box before scoring another good finish into the far corner.

A good game to watch, very even for long periods of the game and I feel a draw would have been a fair result, but Halsetown unfortunately just ran out of steam towards the end

Guest BenTheYeti

Let's be fair, Illogan were always going to drop points at some point this season, and just as predictable was the fact that as soon as they did, people would come on here chirping on about them losing their edge.
End of the day, they represented the West of the County in the Junior County Cup Final, and from all accounts were slightly unlucky on the day, and 2 days later they have to play a league game against a team applying for Senior football next season..

Division 3

Gulval Reserves 3 vs 1 Mousehole

With a good crowd, and atmosphere to watch this game both teams started brightly. On a hard and bobbly pitch neither team really got into their passing game, however Gulval took the lead after about 20 mins through some tidy play which saw Ellis notch his 2nd goal in 2 games with a quality finish after a great cross from Joz (1-0). Gulval tried to build on their lead and managed to nick another goal through a cracking finish from Matt Johns (ht 2-0). Mousehole started the 2nd half looking to get back in the game but were put to bed by a goal from Jamie Leah (3-0). Mousehole managed to pull a goal back from a nicely placed freekick from about 19 yards out (3-1).

Poor performance from the Gulval boys tonight, but to be fair we knew it was always going to be tough. 3 points was all that mattered tonight boys, so well done all of you for getting them.

MOM: Tough call as we all played at about a 5 or 6 out of 10, but for his determination, composure on the ball, quality of distribution and getting on the score sheet , take a bow Jamie Leah.

POTW: all of us :mellow:

Really good ref tonight.

Don't think the wheels will fall off at Illogan, to much experience for that, and no one will catch them in the league even if they did have a little wobble! 18 unbeaten is a record anyone would be proud of.

Several changes to their side tonight from their Junior Cup starting 11, but still a strong side out. Illogan on top for most of the 1st half but shots were either wide or well saved by Ash. 2nd half Ash again made some fine blocks to keep Tms in the game and Charlie headed one off the line which was going in. Tms started pushing with twenty to go and it felt like there was a goal coming. Ash again had to be brave to stop Adam Calloway adding to the Illogan score. Ref awarded a penalty with about 5 minutes left, Ryan scored with a powerful drive straight down the middle which gave Shaun no chance. Tms good value for their point with a solid display from all players.

From what I have heard that report sounds about right phil, also heard it was a cracking game one of the best the boys have played in this year. Was a shame not to be there as tms have been a source of goals for me this year but never mind, I was busy trying to stop monkeys in longleat rip my car to bits! Back for sat and we have another tough one against st buryan, going to busy end to the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Trelawney Premier.

Illogan 1, Threemilestone 1.

Illogan goal Adam Calloway i think.

Tms goal Ryan Stephens (pen).

Crowd approx 48.

Had some nice news this morning that TMS had played an ineligable player in this game so although we have a draw against our column on the League Website our points have been adjusted and we have been awarded the full 3 points, happy days!

Does dent TMS ambitions of senior football though unfortunately.