Cornwall Football Forum

rules of calling off games?

am i right in believing that the rules of the league r that if ur pitch is playable and safe it can not be post poned to stop ur pitch getting ripped up due to this rain? so why is it calijah can post pone all games when the pitches r wet and yes if they get played on could get ripped up but surely if its safe to play on it should go ahead. its kinda like a piss take on all the teams who pay large sums of money to use them just to have the council say all games r off so u dont get it a bit muddy i remember playing on pitches that av bin so muddy u can hardly run on it... whats going on with football soon games will be off if its bin drizzling in the morning.

Guest BenTheYeti

It's been the same old story at Clijah for a long time. The truth is, a lot of teams (both Saturday and Sunday) rely on those pitches for most if not practically all their football. If one of them became unavailable due to it becoming literally unplayable, it would affect a lot of teams in the long run.
I agree they are always very quick to call games off, but the other side of the coin is, at least it gives teams and players time to make other arrangements, footballing or otherwise

If they council call a game off they stop x1 game being played, if the pitch is a tad boggy and the game is safe to play and the game goes ahead, then the pitch is not playable the following week they lose x1 game......whats the difference??! get the games on especially on council pitches where they have full time groundsmen who maintain these pitches unlike the part time if that people who do every pitch in the county!

The Council own the pitches and they do not fit within the requirement of any league rules nor the FA. If they say the pitch will not be used, it simply cannot be used..... The council have not signed up to a league nor the FA so are therefore not governed by any league or the FA ruling.

no what i mean is i thought the pitch had to be deamed unsafe or waterlogged etc i thought it wasnt a good enough excuse to call games off just because they r gona get ripped up from playing on as a good point made above the council have groundsmen to make them playable if malcolm faull can work full time and still maintain 2 pitches for troon then the council shud b able to do 4 but c'mon we've all seen the councils work efficks they tea break more than they work as ben pointed out same problem for yrs so why hasnt anything bin done about it with so many teams at calijah paying is it wot £400+ per season they cant say money is tight those pitchs shud b like penryn 1st team standard with the resorses and money calijah has at hand

i looked at it this morning around 10am it had some standing water but id have said it was playable i would rather play this saturday than a mid week game which mite not suit either storm or clipper. im gona go up n fork our pitch 2mro n home it can be played on but probs not likly but hey fingers crossed 2 weeks ago it was a great pitch to play on lol.

slimbob we r playing at roskere now 2mro then calijah week after but god knows if we will have a game then lol i was at our pitch 2day n its playable its a bit soft on top but only like 1cm of soft mud then its firm underneath can u tell ur lads not to warm up on the pitch but to wam up on the side lines cheers pal c u 2mro....... also food after bk in clipper bar.