Cornwall Football Forum

the fa

Has there ever been a more inept organisation?

They make the rules up as they go along and have ruined football for the average family man.

We all moan about the ccfa but when their seniors can't get things right, what hope have they got.

I'm talking about the mcmanaman challenge that has gone unpunished cos some official saw it and didnt act. Yet saha gets a game ban and 3k fine for making a gesture to the crowd.

And then beyond the FA there's FIFA, led by the likes of Blatter, Jack Warner and a huge fat American called Bruce who looks like a cross between the lead character of Family Guy and the singer of that winning Eurovision entry from Finland......

Makes John Roberts, Vidal James and Alan Wallace look pretty good by comparison, really ! :mellow:

I want a separate FA set up west of Newbridge. We could play Pendeen every week. It would be like Valhalla.

Has there ever been a more inept organisation?

They make the rules up as they go along and have ruined football for the average family man.

We all moan about the ccfa but when their seniors can't get things right, what hope have they got.

I'm talking about the mcmanaman challenge that has gone unpunished cos some official saw it and didnt act. Yet saha gets a game ban and 3k fine for making a gesture to the crowd.

Darren,

I think the FA got it right, we are bombarded with pictures on the moment of contact, play it back a bit and you see the whole thing, both players got a SMALL piece of the ball, if McManaman had been slightly earlier into his challenge it would have been him that would have been on the receiving end of a similar contact as to the one that occured, it was an unfortunate accident that warrented a free kick but not a booking.

We must not have trial by media, the scum who stir things up to keep themselves employed. :ph34r:

WOW! That is a truly amazing statement. McManaman grazes the ball with his studs as his foot flies through towards the opponent. It then comes off his left foot, no fault of his own. His foot is knee high, his opponents is not. In no way did his opponent risk the knee of McManaman.

I love to see a good hard challenge but if you truly believe thats nothing more serious than a free kick i can only suggest you strongly evaluate the way you watch football.

Halsey has made some absolutely terrible decisions this season, if he wasnt such a nice bloke that once suffered cancer he would be absolutely slaughtered by the press.

The FA are a joke that do nothing to help themselves. Incident dealt with by ref, end of story. What about Luiz tackle in Stoke game, yellow card yet should have been red, same in FA cup game v Brentford. They charge Carver yet do nothing to Fergie when he walked on the pitch to have a go at Mike Dean, they are a monumentily terrible organisation.

If Players, Coaches and Managers didn't operate a system of deceipt to con officials maybe those officials may accept that at times players may be genuinely hurt.

Rumour has it that League titles, Cup Finals etc are to be phased out and replaced by awards similar to those afforded the theatrical profession.

We have now seen the introduction of the "Intricate preplanned fitness programme" which replaces the "Johnny can't come out to play today" senario.

It really was good McManamen wasn't wearing real football boots as worn by us in those days when a tackle was a tackle and not something seen in the shower.

At the beginning of the season the FA and the clubs agreed the procedure that would be adopted in such circumstances. The FA have abided by that agreed procedure. Before the 2013/2014 season they will have another meeting when the FA and the clubs will discuss any alterations for next season. It would be wrong to change last year's agreement half way through the season. I've no doubt that a change wiil be made before the start of next season.

Mr Manning - your response is laughably predictable. The ref can't give what he can't see. The linesman however - another story.

No one's asking for scores to be changed or results overturned. Other sports ( and I believe football in some countries ) operate a logical and sensible policy of reviewing controversial incidents that match officials for whatever reason did not punish.

Do you really think that tackle should go unpunished ?

Mountaineer,

I take your point about diving, conning and theatrics.

However , I assume you are angling for a bite with your comments. If not then I think that you need to seek the quiet sanctuary of a padded room ( Say hello to Dave " Dinosaur " Whelan when you get there.

The aggression and malicious intent in that challenge was scary !!

Perhaps this is a deliberate ploy to distract us from the ineptitude of our politicians. The FA is somewhere to put hasbeens out to grass, anyway. Mawhinney used to be in charge, to go for instance.

I think it's high time for the FA to be taken over by Chris Patten, on the basis of his record in Hong Kong and the BBC. Alternatively, how about John Prescott ?

What's the former Chief Executive of Cornwall County Council doing now ?

Ooh, or what about Brigadier Gage Williams ? Remember him ? He wanted to make all of Cornwall's main roads one-way during the eclipse in 1999. So if you needed to go from Hayle to Camborne, say, you'd have to go down to Penzance, then all the way up the North coast to Bude, before coming back down through Launceston, Bodmin and Redruth. Ideal logic for a football administrator. Sign him up ! :)

Thasnk you for the suggestion, but no, I can't, I'm too busy.

Gentlemen, having reread my post I cannot see where I mentioned the referee or his assistants, I have not seen the incident so I cannot make any comment on it. My comment was tongue in cheek so to speak, but then it possibly passed over many heads.

Brianmooreshead, if that had happened on a game of mine he would have seen a red card ( thats going on the photo`s I have seen ).

The ball was a yard off the floor. If the ball was on the ground and the same tackle and force was applied there would be no issue. Yes I admit it was excessive but these happen on an ankle and it gets put down as a hard but fair challenge. He can only win the ball at the height it's at.

That's kind of my point. I agree it was a very hard challenge, nobody can deny that. I just mean the ball was high. It wasn't a challenge over the top of the ball which is the normal talking point for these kind of tackle subjects, it was the same height.

The ref was unsighted; the game is over. With respect, BManning, you would surely not have issued a red card either if you and your linesmen were unsighted. There's something Orwellian about a football universe in which every decision can be replayed, refracted through multiple camera lenses and perhaps even reversed. Is this really what we want ?

Technology taking over ?.......if it does, we might as well sell all Cornwall's football pitches to builders of retirement flats and retreat to play FIFA Manager 2013 on our isolated X-boxes.

Long live the random injustices perpetrated by inconsistent human beings instead, which still make football at least slightly less than utterly predictable; and give us something relatively harmless to argue about. :)

We're not talking about the ref. He can't give it if he didn't see it, although I can't believe he didn't. It's the fa and their practise that they can't ban him retrospectively cos the lino saw it. If that's the case and the lino took no action then he should be nowhere near a football pitch.

Enough of this nonsense. If you want the rules changed then I would suggest you get the CCFA to submit a reference to that type of incident so that the Laws of the game can be changed. After all if goal line technology is coming in then why not retrospective action be taken. It wont belittle the match officials, after all if the FA can punish a player for an off the ball incident then surely they can punish retrospectively something which the match officials miss.

If the ref gave a yellow then he would have seen the incident and deemed it a yellow. He would have then been criticised and probably not officiated this weekend for getting it wrong!

Jasa, I've not seen the refs angle but presumed that would have been the case.

Darren if you have NOT seen the whole incident from all angles how can you comment with any accuracy.

come on young man, handbags at dawn are getting you excited. the Newcastle United supporters caused more mayhem prior to the game forcing two park pitch matches to be abandoned. Boycott Ashley's SPORTS DIRECT.

Darren, please read my post`s, I have not defended the referee, my only comments have been to agree with another post that if a referee does not see the challenge then there is nothing he can do about it , also I have been away for a while and as yet still not seen the challenge in real time so unable to form my own (note " my own" ) opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that did make me chuckle ( the bite that is not Mountaineers attempt at humour ). Suarez is a wonderfully talented footballer but as a person he's an absolute fruitloop.

Just as amusing was the predictable attempts by some of the scousers to defend him. One bloke said that Suarez does things like this because he's South American and " passionate "

Whilst he was spouting this tripe I had this vision of people in Uruguay spitting out insults at black people and biting each other on the arm in the street !

Suarez should never be allowed to play in this country again ,if Liverpool due keep him it will really bring there tradition down of a good club with the right values Suarez has got to go hes a animal and should never be allowed to wear a Liverpool shirt again hes a disgrace to the club send him to Real Madrid swap him for Ronaldo but i doubt Real would want Suarez now ,maybe he should join Ballotelli then it would be 2 nutters together . On to another subject my team Plymouth just hoping they survive and i am off to Rochdale to cheer them on ,would love to see Neil Warnock helping out next year and hopefully taken over if they struggle again

You can't defend what he did. But some of the shite written is rubbish.

He should get banned for ten games and fined the maximum amount. He's a genius so how much are genius' worth.

Cantona got banned for 6 months or something, is Suarez' worse than that?

He needs his head looked at though, he's nuts. He was a timebomb yesterday. I'd like to know why he done it, what went through his head to think, I'll bite him.

But no, I wouldn't get rid of him.

Souness done my head in with the shite he spouted, he's deliberately gone out and punched a player before!