Cornwall Football Forum

Penzance 6, St Austell 1

Guest Black&White

Guest Black&White

SWPL Division One West

Saturday 25 August

Penzance 6 (Wayne Quinn 4, Steve Hancock 31, 75, 88; Stuart Reynolds 51, Jowan May 84)

St Austell 1 (Tom Ball 34)

Line-ups:

PENZANCE: Craig Nicholls; James Greet, Jay Liddicoat, Wayne Quinn ©, James Street, Dean Mooney, Dan Magee, Nick Pugliese, Stuart Reynolds, Steve Hancock, Steve Burt. Subs: Darren Ball (for Mooney, 65), Sean McMahon (for Burt, 68), Jowan May (for Reynolds, 76).

ST AUSTELL: Martin Quantick; Sam Waters, Mark Claridge, Karl Cox, Kyle Friendship, Craig Barclay, Daniel Ball, Harry Pope, Glen Patterson, Dave Hooper ©, Tom Ball. Subs: Neil Slateford (for Waters, 50), Phil Hutchings (for Hooper, 80).

Referee: Steve Annis (Mawgan).

Assistants: Tom Moyle (Goldsithney) and Ken Prouse (Penzance).

Guest Black&White

Attendance was the one minor disappointment of the afternoon, but given the weather perhaps it was no great surprise. Crowd was roughly around the 90 mark though difficult to say with so many sun soakers over on the far bank. John Mead will be able to confirm the exact figure. Those who did come along certainly had good value for money and hopefully a few will come back again and bring a few friends along with them!

A young St Austell side competed well in the first half but did indeed run out of steam on a boiling hot afternoon. Penzance though could have won by an even bigger margin, for the second time in two weeks hitting the woodwork in both halves and had several other excellent chances.

a close first half with the scoreline at half time 2-1.st austell had a few chances to score but penzance scored another when the ball appeared to go out for a goal kick but the officials were not up with play to see it, the pz foward played on and rifled his shot in at the near post.at 3-1 Mark Claridge got sent off for a second yellow(which had been coming) and the other 2 of the back 3 went of injured.this forced st austell into playin the last 30 with 10 men and 2 midfielders and a striker making up the back 3.after this pz took over and played some good football to create chance afetr chance.steve burt and wayne quinn were particularly impressive.overall not a fair result but the better team won.

AJW????? let me guess Alan Webb from Grampound, i think that coment was pathetic.Firstly Popey is 1 of best finishers at the club if not the best and hes a workhorse which counts for alot, as for me , im playing my 3rd season in snr football and my second in swl , and as long as people want me to play there thats where ill be , i may not be the most gifted player in thw swpl but ill always give everything i have and at the ages of 17 and 20 we still have hell of alot to learn and the higher standard you play the more you will learn.

as for duchy 3??? isnt that the league you play in???

One thing that you do well Big No.9 is put the ball into the net which is a very useful attribute for any team to have in their side.

I'm sure that if you're prepared to listen and learn,the rest of your game will improve as well.After all,as you say,you're still young.

I'm impressed with what i've seen of Harry and am sure that he has a big future.

Don't wish to be rude, but if Patterson and Pope are playing at this level and be in the starting line-up then St Austell are going to have problems this season, big time, or else Peninsula League is at about Duchy 3 standard.

i like the dont wish to be rude,bit,yes you fliping well were rude,give the boy a break,if he wants to try a higher standard,so be it,and if hes picked whats the harm :angry: :angry:

Cheers spud fingers crossed i will,

that is the 1 thing that annoys me the most, last season i played the last 8 games for threemilestone in mining 1, and scored 15 goals, i enjoyed it but people were calling me a big fish in a small pond bla bla bla, and when i make the step back up the same people are the first to say i shouldn`t be at the level!

as my nan used to say, if uve got nothing nice to say then dont say anything at all!!!!

i hate it when peopl come on here just to abuse people! get ur own house in order before u want to open ur mouth! patty is a good lad as are most of the other lads at st austell by the sounds of it! at least they have the balls to walk out there o a saturday afternoon and try to get 3 points!!

if people want to come on here and have a go at people who dont deserve it then i will happily take them on!!

THE CAT

It is obvious that the big number 9 can play at that level because no manager would just play a player for the sake of it. I agree with him when he says that if you play for a smaller team then you are called a ringer who should be player higher, does it matter where you play as long as you enjoy it. Those who moan are normally very jealous and probably wish that you were stepping out for them on a saturday.

Good luck to you for the season and when you hit your 20th goal during the season, it will basically stick two fingers up at your critics.

All the best

Guest calcox

i believe all players that get the chance to step up should, if it doesn t work then you can drop back down and you will be a better player for it. it does bug me when players with great talent kick about in the lower leauges, but this is usually down to a poor attitude, good luck big no.9 i respect the dicision.

AJW????? let me guess Alan Webb from Grampound, i think that coment was pathetic.Firstly Popey is 1 of best finishers at the club if not the best and hes a workhorse which counts for alot, as for me , im playing my 3rd season in snr football and my second in swl , and as long as people want me to play there thats where ill be , i may not be the most gifted player in thw swpl but ill always give everything i have and at the ages of 17 and 20 we still have hell of alot to learn and the higher standard you play the more you will learn.

as for duchy 3??? isnt that the league you play in???

big number 9 has shown he's capable of playing at that level, his 2nd in the swl so why start complaining!!