Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURE FRIDAY 1ST MARCH

I watched this game and can’t believe Saltash won!! Launceston deserve something out of the game and think that tackle only deserved a yellow card, also can’t remember him making any other cynical fouls that deserved a booking.

Think he would walk into that Saltash side and could easily play at a higher standard.

Sorry Smithy I haven't been on here for a while and forgot my password!!

I was standing 3 feet away from Calum's tackle on tomsie (who are both good mates) and even though it was a hard tackle he did get the ball and I said that to tomsie as he was on the deck. I'm not sure he agreed mind lol

I didn't have a good view of the other one but I've been told a yellow was fair enough.

Having been played out of position Calum did play well as was always gonna be up for the game against some of his mates.

I brought Calum into men's football at 16 and I can honestly say he was never been a problem off the pitch and always gave 100% on it and is genuinely a top lad. There's absolutely no way he would try and hurt someone.

He should be playing for a Saltash team but that's life and things sometimes just turn out like they have. No disrespect to any of the back four but in my opinion Calum would get in it but I gave up the chance to make those decision ages ago ;-) Saltash aren't 10+ games unbeaten for no reason and look a hard team to beat and I thought launceston didn't look good as they did last year. Just my opinion, not that anyone cares ha ha

I actually thought it was a scruffy game but the conditions and pitch made it that.

Smithy was normal standard but a ref is always 50% wrong at best so can't please everyone.

Hatchy

Draw would of been a fair result for me in a very average game. I thought smiffy controlled the game well, think cal was living on the edge a tad but that's the way he plays and I wouldnt change that one jot. Calum is launcestons gain and ashes loss, he was superb for me earlier in the season. But now that I'm an impartial viewer these days it would be good to see all good young saltash players playing for there local club where they belong. Peths

Saltash are a team that have improved this year over last year, I don't think anyone can argue that point. ALL saltash lads were told at the end of last season and the start of this season that they had a place in the side if they deserved it, if they could prove themselves again in per season etc...I don't see the problem with setting that challenge to players. Some players stayed, some players left, some players gave it a go, some didn't, that's their choice. We still have a lot of saltash players in the squad at present and we are doing well.

Back to the game, Callum did play very well and deserves his plaudits

Saltash are a team that have improved this year over last year, I don't think anyone can argue that point. ALL saltash lads were told at the end of last season and the start of this season that they had a place in the side if they deserved it, if they could prove themselves again in per season etc...I don't see the problem with setting that challenge to players. Some players stayed, some players left, some players gave it a go, some didn't, that's their choice. We still have a lot of saltash players in the squad at present and we are doing well.

Back to the game, Callum did play very well and deserves his plaudits

Pretty much sign anyone and everyone. Look at the ex vospers players you have discombe,scholes,simmonds,fort,beynon. You cant turn down a signing you lot!

Just cause your from Saltash don't give u the right to automatically play for the team.

It's not just the fact he's from Saltash. Surely the fact that he would walk into the back four of his home town should be enough..

Why look elsewhere for players when you have good players sat on your doorstep?

I agree at the fact it's Saltash's loss and Launceston's gain!

Saltash this week, some other team team next week to voice opinions on. The reasons why Callum left for Launceston are his own and we wished him well. Everyone has an opinion on who managers sign and agree and disagree. callum had a storming game and i watched him 3 wks ago and he had a shocker! Everyone is human and i thank all those out there that keep reminding us that hes a saltash lad and should be playing for Saltash, Please look at your own teams and count up local players.

or maybe know Jeremy..........there's always two sides to a story mate

True... Well that's how Callum saw it which is why he left. He's to good for the third team so I think he made the right decision!

I would have done the same as you well know mate!! Haha..