Cornwall Football Forum

Combo results Thread and Table-2nd March 2013

Hi folks

Can you post your results, scorers AND ATTENDANCES on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Remember kick-off times are now back to 3pm. Troon's game at Culdrose will be their 400'th league game.

Cornwall Combination League

2nd March 2013

Falmouth Town Reserves (Brynn Wheeler, Darren Friend) 2-6 St Just (Darren Steadman 2, Neil Curnow 2, Stuart Nicholls, Rob Troon)

Att - 20

Goonhavern Athletic (Marc Wilson 2, Paul Robertson 2, Chris Sturgess) 5-1 Porthleven Reserves (Dave Rogers)

Att - 22

Hayle Reserves 0-2 St Ives Town (Joel McWilliams, Jowan May)

Att - 66

Holman SC (Jason Blight) 1-2 Pendeen Rovers (Wade Brown, Dominic Clemmens)

Att - 20

Illogan RBL (Luke Wort 2, James Martin 2, Simon Ellis, Sam Emery) 6-0 Falmouth Athletic

Att - 55

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Paul Hart, Chris Mulroy, Ryan Reeve, Dan Webb) 4-2 Mullion (Alan Thomas, Dan Jenkins)

Att - 45

Perranwell (Jimmy Thompson, TJ Wilson, Mike Brewer) 3-5 Ludgvan (Tom Patrick 2, Jack Ramsey, Mark Richards, Joe Day)

Att - 55

RNAS Culdrose (Jamie Adam, Steven Herkes) 2-4 Troon (Ashley Smeeth 2, Carl Shorthouse, Simon Philips)

Att - 11

St Agnes (Nick Perry, OG) 2-1 Newquay Reserves (Jamie Hodge)

Att - 61

Wendron United (Adam Barnicoat) 1-1 St Day (Danny Ford)

Att - 45

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS
1 ILLOGAN RBL 23 19 2 2 70 26 44 59
2 ST DAY 25 18 3 4 82 35 47 57
3 LUDGVAN 24 15 2 7 70 42 28 47
4 PENDEEN ROVERS 23 13 5 4 61 35 26 44
5 ST IVES TOWN 20 12 7 1 57 25 32 43
6 PERRANWELL 22 13 3 6 58 34 24 42
7 MULLION 26 12 3 11 68 71 -3 39
8 ST AGNES 22 11 4 7 50 36 14 37
9 WENDRON UNITED 23 10 6 7 48 40 8 36
10 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 22 10 4 8 49 39 10 34
11 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 23 10 4 9 58 58 0 34
12 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 23 10 2 11 47 52 -5 32
13 ST JUST 23 9 3 11 48 50 -2 27
14 RNAS CULDROSE 20 6 5 9 50 51 -1 23
15 TROON 22 7 2 13 48 54 -6 23
16 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 22 7 2 13 44 76 -32 23
17 HAYLE RESERVES 25 5 4 16 33 74 -41 19
18 NEWQUAY RESERVES 23 4 3 16 35 63 -28 15
19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 26 4 2 20 37 92 -55 14
20 HOLMAN SC 25 2 2 21 29 89 -60 8

Disco, for the sake of the league, I hope you are correct, but I don't think that you can look past the top two right now to win the league this season. This year has been an unusual season, the dynamics of the title race were changed a few months ago!

Wendron 1 - St Day 1

St Day went one up from the spot after the ref judged our centre back headed the ball when he wasn't allowed to. No appeal from St Day but when the decision was given there were calls of superb referring from their players and management. As nice as it got though for the ref...

First half was evenly matched.

Wendron dominated the second half having much more of the ball and much more quality in possession. Deserved equaliser from an Adam Barnicoat screamer. St Day hit the post but other than that didn't really threaten. Match of few chances.

Wasn't too impressed with St Day's style of play. Just seemed to lump it and hope for the best, which is surprising considering the players they have in Steve Brewer and Mikey Davies.

Wasn't very impressed with the abuse the ref got from the St Day players either,from players and management. Not a great example to set as there were a fair few spectators from both Wendron's and St Day's youth set ups there. Saying that, the ref did himself no favours as he appeared to let it continue and made no effort to stop it. I certainly wouldn't take or want that kind of verbal a use on a Saturday afternoon.

St Day are obviously doing some great stuff off the pitch with their merchandising, web sites, programmes etc. but lost a bit of respect for them in their lack of respect towards officials, and the way they played the game.

Best of luck for the remainder of the season, must be doing something right to be in contention.

Well done the Wendron players, management and staff for a really good result today and performance.

Illogan - your welcome.

Holmans sc 1 vs pendeen 2

Goalscorer jason Blight

Attendance 20

As pitty has gone to sunny climates with the navy its up to me to try and replicate his match report.

On the squad front holmans were missing a few players, pitty being in sunny climates, chris minns up manchester working, alex clark was apparently injured but im guessing was on another stag party up scotland and also phil greenlaw was off saving lives so with the ambluance service, lucky enough enough holmans reserve side didnt have a game fixtured so tasker was able to call upon the experienced Mark Richards and Neil Anthony. and with the pitch being hard and bumpy made sure it was going to be an intresting game.

The game started and in true holmans style where pendeen dominated the early stages as we struggled to the ball and find a player in a green shirt, after about 10 minutes the away side were to capitalise on the home side with a ball bobbling its way through the midfield up to the striker who passed the ball across the goal for his team mate to tap into an empty net, After that Tarik kalkan our Turkish international decided he wanted to have an early shower as he was shown a straight red for pushing a pendeen player in the face which was deemed a straight red by the official, so with holmans down to 10 men its safe to say we didnt dominate possession after that and gave away a cheap goal from a free kick where a player was able to have a free header ( even though aaron claims he was marking him) and instead of doing the basic of getting your body or hands behind the ball i let it slip right through the middle of my hands and it trickled it the net. leaving 2-0 at half time,

At half time we reshuffled a few things and came out with a sense of purpose, we then decided to change it around again and went from a 4-4-1 to a 3-5-1 and this started to see us utilise the pitch a bit more and started to play the ball around a bit better, pendeen came out trying to get more goals and could of and maybe should of really with them missing a few chances and over playing a few opportunities, with holmans improving as the game went on we sensed something could happen and we could possibly nick a goal and that's what we did from a Adam selley free kick he found captain fantastic Jason blight who celebrated heading the ball into the net like he had just scored a winning goal at wembley, Holmans with more belief and the wind in there sails then had a chance to possibly get an equaliser but jason took the wrong option and put it too close to the pendeen keeper to tip it away from the oncoming charlie tasker, where he could of pulled it back to the waiting selley or paul billings, and with about 5 minutes left holmans had what was there last chance of an equaliser when paul billings had a turning volley which was about a foot over the bar. the game then fizzled out and pendeen came out on top in the end 2-1.

I would like to wish pendeen the best of luck for the rest of the season and Next week holmans welcome fellow struggler's Porthleven to blaythornes for a game in which both teams will be desperate to win.

hope my reports will do until pitty is back enjoy :thumbsup:

Not sure what St Day youth spectators were there as there was 102 of us up watching Plymouth Argyle today, But please let me know what they looked like.

Frustrating times ahead with a lot of fixtures,injuries and not a lot of Saturdays left.

Respect comes from the premiership down and we are trying to work hard in all teams but hopefully you will agree its hard work.

Well done to wendron. Good luck for the rest of the season, still the ambition of the club to reach and achieve what you have,

Regards

Mark

Wendron v St Day was a decent game today, between two teams using contrasting styles, I felt on reflection a draw was about right, as we will complain all night about the penalty decision, and St Day hit the post, and Dayer missed a glorious chance with a header, no surprise to me as I watched him head the ball badly since he was a teenager, only joking Martin! All the best to Matt, Andy and all at St Day, good luck for the rest of the season.

Fair play for arranging that for your youngsters. Great day out for them. There were one or two in the clubhouse after and kicking a ball around at half time with St Day gear on, so presumed they were youthies, but a few Wendron youths there.

Of course bad language is part of the game, but would expect better as it takes the shine off what people like yourself, Mark, who make the club appealing and put all that hard work in with programmes, merchandising etc. and as you say, starts at the top down.

Best of luck in achieving your goals.

Wendron United

Can't understand why mark is yet again making excuses for the st day players/managers for there actions/abuse to the referee and linesman!! Surely something should get sorted about this as I am sure (correct me if I'm wrong) this is the second maybe third week this has happened!!! I ain't saying I am no angel but I don't think I have had complaints broadcasted every week!!!!!!!

The St Day players were only doing what most other teams do, if they are allowed to get away with it by officials. They should not be demonised, as there are other teams in the league that are, and that have been trying to influence the referee by questioning every decision every time. In my opinion the only way to stamp this out would be to move a free kick forward ten yards as in rugby.

Completely agree, there needs to be consistancy within an individual ref and an organisation. No point in one out of 20 refs penalising for abusive language. All or nothing in my eyes. Don't see why they take it when they have the power to stop it. I certainly wouldn't want it aimed at me.

Good suggestion MJP, like the idea.

Is anyone really surprised by the regular reports of abuse from St Day management when they have a class less figure as the manager. There is clearly a lot of good people working hard at the club but he will undo all that work and ruin any built up good reputation with his actions and behaviour. A bit of cash can buy some players but unfortunately it doesn't buy class

Fal lady, that sounds like sour grapes to me! 'Some of the worst football I have seem in a long time'! I can only assume you are talking about some of falmouths defending in the first half? In the first half St Just played very well! Perhaps next time instead of coming on here and making a slightly bitter comment you could say St Just deserved there win, Falmouth were weren't at the races today! I'm sure the Falmouth boys would be the first to admit that. The only thing I do agree with is that the Falmouth second goal was a great strike. Nothing like Gazza tho!

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, March 3, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, March 3, 2013 - No reason given

Anyone know how Ricki Smith and Liam Devine are, after they thought beating each other up was better than playing football...

Wendron 1-1 St Day

Bit of a late decision for me to take in this one

I was pretty disappointed in the match, very few chances (don't think either goalkeeper had a meaningful save to make except for the last few minutes), and I was at the far end from the penalty decision so I can't comment on what I didn't see.

A draw was about a fair result - Wendron trying to play most of the football but their players skill level wasn't quite up to breaking down the St Day defence

Have to say however, what a miserable mouthy bunch Wendron were. If I was the ref I'd have sent off the 9 for constant mouth/backchat/swearing long before half time and the 16 was lucky to only get the yellow card.

Still, the Wendron equaliser was worth the admission fee on it's own - one of the best strikes I've see all season.

Wendron v St Day was a decent game today, between two teams using contrasting styles, I felt on reflection a draw was about right, as we will complain all night about the penalty decision, and St Day hit the post, and Dayer missed a glorious chance with a header, no surprise to me as I watched him head the ball badly since he was a teenager, only joking Martin! All the best to Matt, Andy and all at St Day, good luck for the rest of the season.

Up the slope or down the slope first half ?????

Fal lady, that sounds like sour grapes to me! 'Some of the worst football I have seem in a long time'! I can only assume you are talking about some of falmouths defending in the first half? In the first half St Just played very well! Perhaps next time instead of coming on here and making a slightly bitter comment you could say St Just deserved there win, Falmouth were weren't at the races today! I'm sure the Falmouth boys would be the first to admit that. The only thing I do agree with is that the Falmouth second goal was a great strike. Nothing like Gazza tho!

Sour grapes?

Both teams played the worst football that I have seen for a very long time is a fact. For all you know I watch the Premiership every week.

Maybe my definition of "sublime" is different to that of Keith B's?

Wendron 1-1 St Day

Bit of a late decision for me to take in this one

I was pretty disappointed in the match, very few chances (don't think either goalkeeper had a meaningful save to make except for the last few minutes), and I was at the far end from the penalty decision so I can't comment on what I didn't see.

A draw was about a fair result - Wendron trying to play most of the football but their players skill level wasn't quite up to breaking down the St Day defence

Have to say however, what a miserable mouthy bunch Wendron were. If I was the ref I'd have sent off the 9 for constant mouth/backchat/swearing long before half time and the 16 was lucky to only get the yellow card.

Still, the Wendron equaliser was worth the admission fee on it's own - one of the best strikes I've see all season.

Wendron were in the blue and burgundy Richard, didnt think we were too miserable, quite a happy bunch in general. Have to agree that it wasn't a great game, we struggled to attack in numbers but played some decent stuff.

Thanks for coming to watch, welcome to the Underlane anytime.

All the best