Cornwall Football Forum

Best Player in the Premiership (open to supporters of ANY team)

RVP, by a country mile.

RVP. End of story.

Bale has had a good couple of months, but he rarely looks up to play in his teamates with defence splitting passes when they have found space. He has only been credited with 1 assist this season in 24 matches - very poor. Over 70 other players in the premiership this season have been credited with more than one assist. Ryan Giggs holds the record for the number of assists in the premiership over a career, I believe it's in the region of 275. Last July if Spurs had been offered RVP in exchange for Bale there's no doubt in my mind that they would have done the deal!

Can't see much better than bale at the moment, rvp quality these 2 win alot of points on their own. Suarez close but always seems to let himself down

Suarez let's himself down? What's that got to do with him being a world class footballer? Who's received more bookings for diving? Suarez or bale? Rvp has carried utd to the championship, he's been class but was always going to be.

Bale has been great this year in scoring goals, like Suarez, the only stand out player in an average side.

Michu has been great, lukaku is class and lampard has once again been great for chelsea

Can't see much better than bale at the moment, rvp quality these 2 win alot of points on their own. Suarez close but always seems to let himself down

Suarez let's himself down? What's that got to do with him being a world class footballer? Who's received more bookings for diving? Suarez or bale? Rvp has carried utd to the championship, he's been class but was always going to be.

Bale has been great this year in scoring goals, like Suarez, the only stand out player in an average side.

Michu has been great, lukaku is class and lampard has once again been great for chelsea

He does let himself down I'm afraid. Diving and racism.

Terry never said anything to Anton Ferdinand then?

You're argument is useless. Suarez is a world class footballer.

How did you rate zidane as a player

1. You were talking about Terry in a different context.

2. I've never said anything about Suarez.

3. What has Zidane got to do with this thread?

Cos the thread is about who is the best player in the premiership. Just cos something has happened on the pitch doesn't mean they become a worse footballer.

Zidane headbutted a player, does that mean he let himself down and wasn't renowned as the best player in the world?

Van Persie has been exceptional. Suarez,Mata, Bale, Michu .....

Unsung heroes....Guzan has kept Villa from total ignominy; and I rate Hangeland and Leighton Baines.

Cazorla. The City skipper, wotsisname, number 5; and Vincent Kompany.

Till two years ago, JT, Captain, Leader,Legend was the world's top player, however. Well, except for Neil Curnow, naturally. :) .

Till two years ago, JT, Captain, Leader,Legend was the world's top player,

Don't agree, because he's always lacked pace. When playing for England he often relied on Rio Ferdinand's pace to cover him. :)

JT the "world's top Player"? That's stretching it a bit. A lot really.Made me laugh - a lot - fell of my barstool at that one. LOL

My grandad used to have a gramophone like you, Dudley ! ! All I have to do is mention King John and off you go ! In the world of 4-5-1, I am surprised that so few defensive players get a mention. Few champions win 5-4 every week: thus the flaw in that great strategist Kevin Keegan.

England matches don't count: who cares about the Butcher's Apron ? During the Legend's years as Chelsea's rock, 10 trophies. Getting on a bit now, granted: aren't we all ? :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

McManaman, and it was number 15. Bit different from that old hippie who used to play in no particular poisition for Liverpool: any relation ?

In tWigan's front three according to MOTD. Well, Bale used to be a left back in the days when Spuds never won with him in the side. Now he's perceived as any good, he'll be off to a top club in the summer. Nobody ambitious sits around like Shearer in mid table any more, never winning anything. Especially if Welsh. What a waste of a career, never getting serious European competition, never getting into World Cup finals etc.

Bet he wishes he'd claimed to be Montenegran now. I think he'll be joining Arsenal, Chelsea, ManUre or Citeh in the summer.

Till two years ago, JT, Captain, Leader,Legend was the world's top player,

Don't agree, because he's always lacked pace. When playing for England he often relied on Rio Ferdinand's pace to cover him. :)

JT the "world's top Player"? That's stretching it a bit. A lot really.Isaac means playing away - I could think of a St Just resident who could do with a seeing to.