Cornwall Football Forum

Good day for Tottenham

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best team lost today. Referee was great. Agreed. Spurs may well get Champions League place this year, but I'm not convinced on their ability in that competition. Still about 1/3 rd of the season to go, the fat lady hasn't even started clearing her throat yet.

For once I agree with Mangle and Truro's Portuguese Genius. If I'd been on the line at White Flag Lane the Arse would at least have nicked a point. Yes, both Bale and Drogba have been known to dive. However, Chelsea have won the European Cup as a result, while Tottenham managed three points out of 6, with an inferior goal difference, against a declining local rival, with a manager more concerned with whether Alisher is putting one over on Kranky or Kranky on Alisher than what happens on the pitch. I've had five different jobs since the last time they won anything, while my daughters have taken twenty-eight qualifications. If Wenger's life was a football match everybody with foresight would go home at half time.

Spuds and Arse: a mere diversion. Why anybody in London is interested in that vulgar little parish pump bagarre when they could watch the Champions of Europe, goodness knows. Personally, I can't even be bothered with Match of the Day Two tonight. :)

Spuds and Arse: a mere diversion. Why anybody in London is interested in that vulgar little parish pump bagarre when they could watch the Champions of Europe, goodness knows. Personally, I can't even be bothered with Match of the Day Two tonight. :)

Another comediian! You can watch us in the Champions League next season and wonder why you didn't make it!

"Watch" you ? We WON it !

If the waiter picks Ba ahead of Torres, the Fat Lady will have a few arias to sing that may drown out your temporary mirth. Back with a sound 1-0 admired by Hansen last night, Chelsea may be set for a good run till the end of the season. Last time Spurs won at the Bridge, very few of the players in your present side were even born.

Spuds picking up injuries; all it takes is a little groin strain to Bale and you'll finish seventh.....

Comedian, me ? Surely not......

Best team lost today.

Time to change those rose-tinted glasses! I've just picked myself up off the floor from laughing too much! What, no, not yet. I predicted (to myself) a couple of games ago that Spurs will finish 1 point ahead of Arsenal. Remarkably, my predictions on results have been spot on so far (admittedly only 2 games each) including today. The Spurs run in is not easy, not that Arsenal have it easy either, but I have a feeling it'll be closer come the end of the season than it is now.

So tell me,what assumption do you base the quote "the best team lost" on.?

Possesion.?

If that is the case.I agree the Goons had more of the ball.

But you have been doing that for 8 years.

The best team won because,Spurs had better defenders,and midfielders,and players that can score goals.

Van Persie turned possesion into goals last season,but you sold him.

I watched Spurs yesterday,then looked at the Goons,and thought what players of their's,could get into our team.

The only one,I could think of was Wilshire for Sigurdsson.

Possesion dont win games.

By the way.Clattenburg was crap.

Best team lost today. Referee was great. Agreed. Spurs may well get Champions League place this year, but I'm not convinced on their ability in that competition. Still about 1/3 rd of the season to go, the fat lady hasn't even started clearing her throat yet.

In my opinion the whole game was poor, both teams looked scared to lose.

For all of Arsenals possession they dont know what to do in the final third, they have no faith in any one individual to score the goals.As for spurs they are becoming 1 dimensional, give it to bale and see what he does.

I think that Dawson and Vertonghen are one of the best centre half pairings in the league, so placing that against one of the weakest frontlines in the prem, the result was never in doubt!

Here speaks the football expert,making assumptions from the comfort of his armchair,in front of his 42" screen.

And Man Utd play the beautiful game so wonderfully well week in,week out.

For all of Arsenals possession they dont know what to do in the final third, they have no faith in any one individual to score the goals.As for spurs they are becoming 1 dimensional, give it to bale and see what he does.

I think that Dawson and Vertonghen are one of the best centre half pairings in the league, so placing that against one of the weakest frontlines in the prem, the result was never in doubt!

Two points from Man city - you never know !!! Stats show Spurs as the side most likely to win the game - and they did.

Poorish game with Bale out of position, wide left only for me. Not quite one dimensional, Bale wide left, Lennon wide right , Defoe down the middle - Adebayor on the bench or transfered. Not a bad forward line, handful for most I think - can't afford injuries though.

Fingers crossed here, finish above Arsenal - that'll do me, 4th place finish a bonus.

C'MON YOU SPURS.

Here speaks the football expert,making assumptions from the comfort of his armchair,in front of his 42" screen.

I can well remember this rabble when I was at school. The Manure football "experts" who had an opinion on everything, knew nothing and rubbished everyone else's teams. They'd never ventured further north than the Watford Gap. You know what? They are still alive and kicking and still know nothing!

It's getting more difficult to disagree with you SSS. Come on though, only 1 player? I'm not so sure about that. Arsenal looked the better team, more comfortable on the ball, just couldn't break through the solid Spurs defence. Who was "man of the match" for many....Vertonghen - your central defender. Says something doesn't it?

At the end of the day, the stats don't matter apart from the goals. Spurs won, Arsenal lost. I have still not given up hope though. From what I saw (I am an armchair viewer but I still play footy on Saturdays myself mind you - so I do have passion for the game) Arsenal are carrying a threat, and on threir day can beat anyone. They are frail at the back though, majorly so. This is the problem. If they rode their luck at the back, and got the breaks at the front, they could beat Bayern. It is possible, but agreed, unlikely. Spurs just look fragile themselves. No doubting their team is good and worthy of their position in the league thus far, but the squad depth doesn't look great, and Bale appears just as important to you lot as Van persie was for Arsenal last year.

I still think it will be tight. Arsenal need to pick up away points from Swansea, West Brom, Fulham, QPR and Newcastle. Spurs have to go to Swansea, Liverpool, Chelsea, Wigan and Stoke. I like the look of Arsenals away games as opposed to Spurs.

It's getting more difficult to disagree with you SSS. Come on though, only 1 player? I'm not so sure about that. Arsenal looked the better team, more comfortable on the ball, just couldn't break through the solid Spurs defence. Who was "man of the match" for many....Vertonghen - your central defender. Says something doesn't it?

At the end of the day, the stats don't matter apart from the goals. Spurs won, Arsenal lost. I have still not given up hope though. From what I saw (I am an armchair viewer but I still play footy on Saturdays myself mind you - so I do have passion for the game) Arsenal are carrying a threat, and on threir day can beat anyone. They are frail at the back though, majorly so. This is the problem. If they rode their luck at the back, and got the breaks at the front, they could beat Bayern. It is possible, but agreed, unlikely. Spurs just look fragile themselves. No doubting their team is good and worthy of their position in the league thus far, but the squad depth doesn't look great, and Bale appears just as important to you lot as Van persie was for Arsenal last year.

I still think it will be tight. Arsenal need to pick up away points from Swansea, West Brom, Fulham, QPR and Newcastle. Spurs have to go to Swansea, Liverpool, Chelsea, Wigan and Stoke. I like the look of Arsenals away games as opposed to Spurs.

Mangle,its the same old story with your lot.Arsenal always have looked the better team,with their possesion football.

With RVP sold,they have no end product,and will always concede goals with their defence.

That equals,problems.

Jack Wilshire is the only player that would get in our full strength,line up,please tell me your players,so I can burst out laughing.

It will be tight.Spurs have it all in their own hands,they have to play all the rivals.

I would'nt be surprised if Spurs and Arsenal made the top 4.

Good news is I have tickets for all the remaining games,except Liverpool.

Bring it on.COYS.

Yes, cleverly disguised as spurs fans. Rabble, that still dont know anything, or won anything!

I can well remember this rabble when I was at school. The Manure football "experts" who had an opinion on everything, knew nothing and rubbished everyone else's teams. They'd never ventured further north than the Watford Gap. You know what? They are still alive and kicking and still know nothing!

Yes, cleverly disguised as spurs fans. Rabble, that still dont know anything, or won anything!

What the hell are you doing on here.Get back to your telly.Your muppets are on T.V. Unless you forgot your T.V.Times this week.

Any way,come on Real.

How funny to listen to you hasbeens, wannabes and neverweres slavering over the Champions League.

I can copy you some footage of how it feels to win it if you like, including Fernando Torres singing.

Spurs qualified once, apparently. They scored a penalty against some Belgians. There was only black and white TV then, which was good because with their kit they just looked the same.

What could be more repulsive than the pensioner Ferguson opening his foul mouth while chewing gum and waving his arms about like a demented gorilla ? Knight of the realm......common little man ! :ninja:

Inter were bad, but take nothing away from Spurs. They ran the game virtually start to finish. Got a couple of lucky breaks with smart saves from Friedel, but that is what you want. Could have scored a couple more themselves. They should have this sewn up, but Inter will almost certainly be better than that at home, and no Gareth Bale. Can't see Spurs going out though, Inter will have to risk it and it Spurs grab an away goal which they are more than capable of doing, it'll all be over.

Good for Arsenal as I guess we will be out of Europe this time next week and will only have top 4 finish to play for. Spurs will have a European distraction - although with their unbeaten run is going to be giving them plenty of confidence, it probably won't be a problem.

Just shows it doesn't matter how much of a start you give the Spuds, they can still contrive to throw it away. It's that Argentinian Pope giving them a prayer just because of Villa and Ardiles in the old days. Fancy depending on an Arsenal reject to keep them only 4-1 down. Where's Gomes when they need him ?

Where was Bale ? Sulking because the Cardinals didn't choose him ? Surpised he's not having a run out at the Millennium Stadium with the egg-chasers this weekend........

• 2 weeks later...

Just like to let the old St Just Blue nose know,that I have used my connections within the B.T. Company,to persuade them to offer Gareth Bale a fantastic 3 year deal

to be the new main pundit,when B.T. take over the ESPN Sports Channel next season.

He will be fronting 36 Premiership games,with Jake Humphries.

Just thought it would persuade him to remain with us Yids for a bit longer.

Great news.COYS.

For about two years, I have been trying to pursue a complaint against the very nasty corporate organisation in which dear old SS is clearly a big swinging banana, without realising how important he is. No wonder I haven't got anywhere. He has evidently come a long way from climbing telegraph poles. A telegraph pole is the nearest thing they've got to a mountain in Somerset.

ESPN is the channel nobody ever watches, so Bale will feel at home : another brilliant corporate acquisition. I see the one-man opposition to Croatia went down pluckily tonight, but this is what he's used to doing for the Spuds.

Personally, I believe that we should renationalise all these horrible shareholder-driven monstrosities. Thank goodness I'm with TalkTalk. Thanks to Somersetspur, talk-talk is all his one man team representative will be good for next season either. :)

Well done. You're like a 5 year old in a kickaround. People keep feeding you sitters in the six yard box. At last, in about the 92nd minute, you manage to bobble one into the net off your stomach. Talk, talk, not walk, walk, geddit ?

Oh, if only I had your wit. I'd still be down in Toytown with you and Kevin's other little gofors doing tricks for peanuts to entertain the tourists !

Brilliant repartee, Goldeneye, well done ! :drink:

Unlike Tottinghup Hotspud, the Bluenoses have strength in depth (Mata is getting over his cold), a game in hand and are en route to two trophies, although admittedly one of them is a mere alsoran pub competition and I shall be embarrassed if Chelsea win it. Once you have been European Champions your views will be worthy of consideration. Unlike the mighty Aston Villa and the doughty Nottingham Forest, you have not even come close. In fact, I do not believe you have proceeded even as far as the staunch Derby County in such a context, although you may well be on a par with the stolid Blackburn Rovers.

In this dimension, you and your funny little Pendeen-equivalents who allegedly originate from a decommissioned arms dump,Arsene and the Arse, should even defer to ManUre and Stanley Park. Embarrassing, isn't it ?

Weather's warming up, so I expect Wet Fart Lane's getting spruced up for the riot season. Being European Champions, we do not have time for such foolishness. :yahoo:

Unlike Tottinghup Hotspud, the Bluenoses have strength in depth (Mata is getting over his cold), a game in hand and are en route to two trophies, although admittedly one of them is a mere alsoran pub competition and I shall be embarrassed if Chelsea win it. Once you have been European Champions your views will be worthy of consideration. Unlike the mighty Aston Villa and the doughty Nottingham Forest, you have not even come close. In fact, I do not believe you have proceeded even as far as the staunch Derby County in such a context, although you may well be on a par with the stolid Blackburn Rovers.

In this dimension, you and your funny little Pendeen-equivalents who allegedly originate from a decommissioned arms dump,Arsene and the Arse, should even defer to ManUre and Stanley Park. Embarrassing, isn't it ?

Weather's warming up, so I expect Wet Fart Lane's getting spruced up for the riot season. Being European Champions, we do not have time for such foolishness. :yahoo:

More St Just ,BULL---T.