Cornwall Football Forum

ECPL FIXTURES 9th February

I disagree, I think it makes a mockery of the leagues. Teams all around the county are attempting to build squads that can compete and improve, while others will happily drop regulars for these so called supertstars. A player should sign for a club and be allowed to play for any team within that club if needed. The problem is when players from higher league teams are brought in to play one off games at the expense of regular players. The reality is, these players don't find out their game is postponed until approximately 10.30am and are then asked to play for another team at the last minute. Surely by then clubs have their teams ready and therefore regular players must be dropped.

I think for these superstars it's ideal, they still get to play football even if their game is postponed. And yes no rules have been broken so no real complaints are made, but I feel sorry for these managers and clubs that feel they need to do this to compete. Surely the truth is their team isn't actually up to the job and should therefore finish in their true league position and face the consequences e.g. relegation.

Just my personal opinion.

Watford got 9 players mainly from udinese seria a side, playing in our championship, is this a form of bringing in ringers?

If you have a look at the league table, it doesn't take a genius to work out that Nanpean dont have 5 or 6 swpl from st Dennis every time they have no game.

Agree with number 13 one club/signature, means you can play for any team in that club.

It is clear Nanpean are not doing anything wrong in the sense of breaking any rules.

However, I do feel it is wrong and shouldn't be allowed. Maybe it has been highlighted more than normal on here because st Dennis have had so many games called off, so it seems that Nanpean gain the advantage of some of their players quite often. If the Rickard boys play for anyone, it should be their own reserve side IMO but that is their prerogative.

This is not an attack on Nanpean, more on the current rules in place. Maybe if they concentrated on the players they have week in week out they wouldn't find themselves bottom of the league.

Be interested to hear from other managers as to whether theyd turn down the services of the Rickards if the chance arose....

Totally agree with Number 13 on this one, a one player one club rule would make far more sense. However, being able to turn out for other clubs within the pyramid system is an FA ruling which covers the whole country. If some members of the ECPL feel that strongly about it they should raise the issue at an ECPL meeting and get the ECPL to lobby the FA for a league rule change if that's what the majority of ECPL members want.

Any chance agree with what ur saying, but Carl Rickard is the only one who plays when saints have no game if we have room for him, we havent and won't use other teams players when we have enough. We have a lot of youngsters which work some Saturday's, we could have 5 or 6 every game saints don't play but choose rightfully not to. )

A perfect example of how this silly rule is being used was two weeks ago when the St Austell 1st team manager publicly advertised his team because they didn't have a game. I fully understand he wanted them to get some match fitness but what a joke, who the hell do they think they are!

These are not professional footballers, they are decent players with big egos. And again the real sadness are the managers/clubs who drop their regular players to fit them in.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Anychance" data-cid="230202" data-time="1360508309"><p>

It is clear Nanpean are not doing anything wrong in the sense of breaking any rules. <br />

<br />

However, I do feel it is wrong and shouldn't be allowed. Maybe it has been highlighted more than normal on here because st Dennis have had so many games called off, so it seems that Nanpean gain the advantage of some of their players quite often. If the Rickard boys play for anyone, it should be their own reserve side IMO but that is their prerogative.<br />

<br />

This is not an attack on Nanpean, more on the current rules in place. Maybe if they concentrated on the players they have week in week out they wouldn't find themselves bottom of the league.<br />

<br />

Be interested to hear from other managers as to whether theyd turn down the services of the Rickards if the chance arose....</p></blockquote>

Yesterday our game got cancelled. I asked the nanpean manager if it was possible for a run because I hadn't played since the Camelford game. Our 2nd team had week st merry away and already had 2 of our 1st team players playing, I would have gone with the 2nds, but had my engagement party at 7 and wouldn't have got back in time, (misses would have gone nuts) lol nanpean was local for me.

I sat on the bench, Carl started, if Batesy (nanpean manger) wasn't short in a certain area, he would have asked Carl to play; he's loyal to his players I can tell u that.

When the weather has been like it is and with us not playing many games, it's nice to have the opportunity to drop down and get a game in.

My little bro, Kyle friendship both of St Dennis played for blazey 2s yesterday as did Martyn giles, all started and all played 90, so I don't think nanpean is the team to criticise when having this discussion

Unitedrhino2

I'm as entitled to my opinion as much as you are - I'm not " gobbling off " - I think you mean gobbing off - There is a difference, hopefully you can grasp that.

I stand by what I said, since the restructuring of the leagues, it would appear that five or six teams in " clay country " are delighted with postponements as they can then bring in players who live locally but play in a higher league to bale them out !

If you can't find enough players of your own to get you through a season then don't enter a competition - It really is that simple. As for the tripe about young players, and players with jobs, well have a word with yourself son. They either want to play or they can't because they have to work.Thousands of players every Saturday manage to combine both.

I've played at Nanpean loads of times over the years ( long time ago now mind ) and I know how football daft that village is, but it doesn't reflect well when you can only complete fixtures by offering a run out to players that are happy to use your club and it's facilities when it suits them. If they thought your club was that much of a pull they'd be there every week.

Only my opinion though, and whilst it would appear several people agree with me no doubt there are loads that don't. You're obviously one but don't throw your toys out of the pram son

Briansmoorehead, ur correct gobbing not gobbling, would have been better to have said, voiced your displeasure. Yes I agree again everyone as an opinion, unfortunately urs and those that agree are wrong.

We at Nanpean have got 7 or 8 lads under 21 and family and work comes first, then it's football.

We are trying to build for the future after having 14 players leave last year and another 4 being asked to play swpl football at the start of the season, which we encourage. There's no need to worry about Nanpean having enough players to fulfill our fixtures.

Well, the evidence that is written on here ( if true ) would appear to be quite obviously that you don't have enough players - Otherwise you wouldn't need St Dennis players would you ?

And another OPINION of mine is that if you can't get players to commit to the club when they're under twenty one - just wait until they've got mortgages to pay and kids to feed.

Good luck though - Lovely old club Nanpean and always made me very welcome when playing there

It must be such a perfect world some people live in... where they have the same squad of 16 every week. Sadly, in reality, that isnt ever going to happen.

If a player is permitted to play for a team and is available, the manager of the said team has a choice to make whether to play that player or not. Its not down to anyones opinion, other than the manager, whether that player should play, and until the rules change, it will stay that way.

I played against a team on Saturday that are bottom of the league but have a first team in the ECPL.......... put it this way, there is no way, in MY opinion, that the team we played, should be bottom of the league if you get what Im saying. You can only play who's put in front of you, and if that team has 'ringers; in, as long as its permitted and above board, so the hell what. It happens all the time, stop bitching and get on with it.

Look at it another way........ look at these players coming in from higher leagues to help out as loan signings..... it happens in pro football but you dont hear managers there moaning that team x, beat their team y, because they had a player from team z, who play in a league higher than theirs!!

Ps. My team won on Saturday, so didnt really matter about the other teams line up!!