Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - 19th January 2013

Isaac we didnt play our first team, only a couple who got asked to come and help out today. I don't know why you are defending a player who did the same at st just earlier in the season.

Look pip think what you want of me Ive done nothing to you, in fact I thought it was a really good game up until then. Lets just put a few things straight before you try and make jokes to deflect away from what happened.

The tackle in the first half I didn't moan about, your player won the ball and caught me on the follow through, fair tackle absolutely no worries but it doesn't mean it didnt hurt.

Next, do not drag my dad into anything he has nothing to so with me when playing football so that's completely false.

Now correct me if I'm wrong but it wasn't me that got booked for speaking to the ref it was two st Ives players.

The fact of the matter is no one deserves to spend the night at the hospital from an elbow in the face like that.

However and even if it's you pip I would like to say a massive thanks to I think your number 5 the big centre back he realised straight away what happened and was straight over to help me so thank you very much it was appreciated.

Regards Josh Hoon (no hiding by me)

Pip you sound like an utter moron.

Josh is a physical player but not a dirty one and if someone is going to do that deliberately and from what iv heard of some of the st Ives lot this season it probably was then he's quite within his right to have a moan. I can't see josh making something like this up.

St Ives have already lost a couple of youngsters and I'm sure the likes of sammy twy and Joel won't hang around if nutheads are going to do this week in week out.

Shame really because there are a lot of nice lads at st Ives and things like this gives the whole club a bad reputation.

Porthleven 1 Pendeen 3 good clean game with both side making good opportunity and porthleven pushed us back at times we road our luck at times but has to be said to score goals you need to beat the keeper ,

Dexter king pulled off 3 top drawer saves the second one was stunning!! reflexes of a cat young Dexter well done mate :yahoo: also like to say young Jack wills had a outstanding game best i seen him play all season 2 assists and 1 goal keep it up jacko! you might just get that Sunday roast yet? :P

wade brown sometimes i take you for granted banging in the goals game after game, so just to prove i do not a nice beacon buttie awaits you at work on monday good game mate :thumbsup:

The rest of the lads played there hearts out ,nothing new there then just like to say well done to you all for the commitment you showed today :yahoo::yahoo:

Glad to hear it, Josh. I was responding to the comment from the banker earlier regarding team selection. I have no objection to the normal business of payers moving between first and second teams as form and merit fluctuate. My objection is to deliberate skewing of leagues when a fixture secretary strives to facilitate the interests of certain SWPL teams. Fortunately his old favourites are now in the SWPL West and almost Trelawney Div 2 now. So on this occasion, given the facts you quote, no criticism of Penryn implied !

Regards to Hoony !

See crying again , as I said grow some balls and hair and shut up moaning kojack , if you don't like playing against physical sides stay away, I have no idea why penryn need to bring in first team players like yourself , you bring penryn down in my opinion moaning and swearing all game you cried and moaned at ref when you got tackled in your own box , then hobbled around for 10 minutes , be quiet you weak little man , oh ps don't go crying to daddy who's a ref like last time
You sound like a nice fella. Joined the forum just to say this stuff - confirmed my opinion of St Ives.

If, and its a big if, you are active in the St Ives set up - then the officials of your club ? will be squirming with embarrassment. Only one person who needs to man up in this discussion.

This is ridiculous. The st ives game was not a dirty one, it was a tough game with some tough tackles. Some of them from both teams cold have been deemed reckless. The centre half in question was seen poking his finger into a st ives players chest and I heard him swearing by the changing rooms. I have watched both of these teams on a couple of occasions and normally enjoy watching them. St ives are not a dirty side from my experience of watching them. Physical yes but not malicious so dont start piping up talking crap about other teams, penryn also are not a dirty side in my opinion. Pip may well be out of line but this is clearly not going to be a complete st ives view on things is it. People come on here to stir stuff all of the time, I normally just read it but I felt I needed to have a quick say on this. Everyone needs to grow up.

no game again monty me and you must be the unluckiest reffs out there i got the man flu again hopefully we will be alrite for next sat

Maybe their trying to tell you something !!!! How's your marks been this season ???? ho ho ho.

proberly a lot higher than yours :SM_carton_y:Now now skyblue....only said in jest. I am going to appeal that yellow card, yes, I have video evidence.

Football geek you are trying to justify and defend the indefensible and deflect away from what was done.

If you heard me swear by the changing rooms then I apologise I have no recollection of this but in fairness I had just been elbowed in the face and had blood pouring from it, please cut me some slack!!!

Poking a finger is just hilarious, for starters I didn't 'poke' anyone. I was just having a laugh with the players on the pitch, is this illegal now? please refer to earlier post when I said I was really enjoying the game up until that time. Would you ever have liked to recieved an elbow and stitches for your trouble? Had that been done off a football pitch we all know what would be happening.

You clearly don't like me and anyone is allowed to draw their own opinions of me that's their prerogative. However those who do know me will say I'm an honest competitive footballer, I will take great pleasure in shaking the hands of all the opponents after a good game of football. How it should be. I would never wish anything malicious on anyone especially considering the job that I do.

Let me draw some lines under this...I now remember why I very rarely use this forum, because of what it has now become. I posted because I was so angry and probably frustrated more than anything at what had just happened to me. Ask yourself this, if you had just recieved what I had would you not be angry yourself?

I bid you all a good night as I need to get back to sleep as I need to be up for work at 0430, stitches and all.

I wish you all well, cheers Hoony

This is ridiculous. The st ives game was not a dirty one, it was a tough game with some tough tackles. Some of them from both teams cold have been deemed reckless. The centre half in question was seen poking his finger into a st ives players chest and I heard him swearing by the changing rooms. I have watched both of these teams on a couple of occasions and normally enjoy watching them. St ives are not a dirty side from my experience of watching them. Physical yes but not malicious so dont start piping up talking crap about other teams, penryn also are not a dirty side in my opinion. Pip may well be out of line but this is clearly not going to be a complete st ives view on things is it. People come on here to stir stuff all of the time, I normally just read it but I felt I needed to have a quick say on this. Everyone needs to grow up.
A St Ives supporter I take it ???? Of course it is not the view of all at St Ives, but that does not condone the post. Perhaps "pip" should read the sign on the changing rooms wall - building communities...really!!!

My advice to pip would be, do not post after several post match nuptials, I will say it again - only one person needs to grow up on this thread... post in haste repent at leisure.

Wendron 1-2 Mullion. Two good sides on display that tried to play football. We all paid our respects to Ryan Thomas from Perranwell with a minutes silence before the game, who's loss puts everything on the pitch into perspective! Wendron looked bright in the early part of the game and took the lead with Ben Allen's third goal in three games in the first half, I feel that we should of added to this lead, but in saying that we had to defend well as Rob Carey and Alan Thomas were putting our defence under some pressure when Mullion broke. In the second half both sides created chances and both Richard Pennington and Ben Manley pulled off superb saves to keep the scores the same. The game was changed by two major decisions from the ref, one nail on penalty, which I think should be given everytime, defenders wrestling forwards inside the penalty area just before set pieces are taken, unfortunately no other referees ever give them, so maybe we are witnessing the start of this new crackdown at Wendron and hopefully we may benefit from this new stance in the future! The second penalty I felt that the forward slipped over, the lack of appeals from an otherwise vaciforous Mullion bench told a story for me. Still as Kev says you win some you lose some, great to see Asa, Graham Allen and all the Mullion people yesterday, enjoyed it. Good luck to Kevin and Martin for the rest of the season.

I went to watch a couple of games yesterday starting with the st Ives game,I must say I did see the incident and it was obvious to most of us spectators that hodges knew exactly what he was doing,a real shame as a player of his calibre doesn't need to be like this week in week out,other than that a good game which could of gone either way.

At ht I took the short trip to ludgvan to see them play Troon. I must say the pitch looked superb considering the rain we have had,the two teams struggled to play the short passing I have seen them both play this season,ludgvan edged the first half, and Troon responded well in the 2nd but just didn't have that bit of pace going forward,a fair result at the end of the day,I must add the referee was poor for both teams,missing a hatful of blatant fouls,was too far away from the play and this was clear to see as the Troon captain I believe nearly saw red from his frustration at the lack of free kicks that should of been awarded,still refereeing is a tough job,and without them where would we be?

Also agree with MJP on this one,if pens are going to be given for fouls inside the area like defenders holding shirts etc then lets see it every week for every foul in the area,too many times you see refs bottle decisions just because it'll result in a pen,get tough on these defenders and it'll soon stop!!!!

Oi pointers what the bleeding hell are are lying about , how did you see an incident all the way from Ludgvan , you just stated you went at half time to Ludgvan , was our game being televised or have you got superman vision and can see 4 miles down the road Don't be stupid and think before you type Pip

Theolderiget bloke , keep your nose out , I'm a supporter , who chooses to watch matches , I know what i saw , someone trying to con the ref every 2 minutes , crying and moaning and slowing the game down , let me ask no idea , both incidents , did you receive a free kick for either ".......... NO !!!!!!!!!! End of the discussion now to all who keep putting their nose in and were not even watching , report on the games you went to watch , stay out of mine or pip we come down on you like a ton of bricks ...

I've watched st Ives a few times this season , the boy hodge is given stick , and hassled against most teams , he's like the Suarez of this league ( he's not pretty either , some nose on the boy , maybe hoops banged noses , hodgeys is huge ) , because he is a better player than most , players will do what they can to get him done by ref

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Dagerags" data-cid="228218" data-time="1358672581"><p>

So you only watched the first half, and I don't think the thug made a foul all half he got booked for dissent at his own manager in the opening exchanges. All he really did in the first half was create the opening goal which proved decisive.</p></blockquote>

In the first half,20-25 mins in we saw hodges elbow the young winger from a goal kick,this was out of order,we know what we saw I don't see how you can object to that??

I went to watch a couple of games yesterday starting with the st Ives game,I must say I did see the incident and it was obvious to most of us spectators that hodges knew exactly what he was doing,a real shame as a player of his calibre doesn't need to be like this week in week out,other than that a good game which could of gone either way.

At ht I took the short trip to ludgvan to see them play Troon. I must say the pitch looked superb considering the rain we have had,the two teams struggled to play the short passing I have seen them both play this season,ludgvan edged the first half, and Troon responded well in the 2nd but just didn't have that bit of pace going forward,a fair result at the end of the day,I must add the referee was poor for both teams,missing a hatful of blatant fouls,was too far away from the play and this was clear to see as the Troon captain I believe nearly saw red from his frustration at the lack of free kicks that should of been awarded,still refereeing is a tough job,and without them where would we be?

Not a st ives supporter as said earlier thank you very much. Just follow cornish football. How you watched the st ives game and went at half time and still saw the incident that was during the end of the game is very impressive. Well done.

This is exactly the problem with the forum, people who weren't even their jump on the band wagon and verify the lad. If he has done what he has been accused of then yes it's unacceptable but what has been gain by this embarrassing comments made by all? There should be some rather ashamed people this morning,

From what I saw the ref was on top of the issue. The lad had his eyes on nothing but the ball, won the header and then the penryn player was obviously on the floor with a cut to his nose. I personally don't know how that happened. Only the player will

Ok gents calm down I have just looked at previous posts and realised another incident happened after we left,either way he had a busy game doing this by the looks of things as I mentioned we did see this in the first half,he's too good to be doing this and there's no need for it.

Ok gents calm down I have just looked at previous posts and realised another incident happened after we left,either way he had a busy game doing this by the looks of things as I mentioned we did see this in the first half,he's too good to be doing this and there's no need for it.

This is frustrating. The lad you are referring to hodges didn't give a foul away the whole game I don't think so please don't come on here and make things worse by making things up. I feel bad for the boy that has ended up in hospital no one wants to see that but what is being gained here? If anyone is that upset take it to their local police station otherwise it needs to finish in here as its not the correct way to go about things

What is wrong with pointers making more up now your wrong and LIED and got caught because your too stupid to think before you post .... Your now saying that the boy hodge , elbowed someone else in the first half , what are you on about , as I told you stay out , and tell us more about the Ludgvan match , because you lie lie lie

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Football geek" data-cid="228225" data-time="1358673640"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="pointers" data-cid="228224" data-time="1358673366"><p>Ok gents calm down I have just looked at previous posts and realised another incident happened after we left,either way he had a busy game doing this by the looks of things as I mentioned we did see this in the first half,he's too good to be doing this and there's no need for it.</p></blockquote>

This is frustrating. The lad you are referring to hodges didn't give a foul away the whole game I don't think so please don't come on here and make things worse by making things up. I feel bad for the boy that has ended up in hospital no one wants to see that but what is being gained here? If anyone is that upset take it to their local police station otherwise it needs to finish in here as its not the correct way to go about things</p></blockquote>

Local police station....really???! This is a forum for views and opinions,I'm giving mine and a few spectators,I think sometimes people need to learn to accept other people's opinions and views rather than argue these things all the time,I have nothing to gain by stating these things,but I do have the right to do so,I'm sure this will blow over until it happens again,which it has done in the past.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="pip" data-cid="228226" data-time="1358673977"><p>

What is wrong with pointers making more up now your wrong and LIED and got caught because your too stupid to think before you post .... Your now saying that the boy hodge , elbowed someone else in the first half , what are you on about , as I told you stay out , and tell us more about the Ludgvan match , because you lie lie lie</p></blockquote>

I think you've got anger issues pal..! Lol,as I've stated I did see this as did other spectators,I can only hope you can accept other people's opinions in the future instead of thinking that denying it over and over again will make it go away! Lol, I will leave this now,and I hope you can sleep ok tonight now knowing I won't be getting dragged into a slagging match over actual facts..! And as for the ludgvan game,as i mentioned it was a good game,ruined by a poor referee.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Football geek" data-cid="228225" data-time="1358673640"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="pointers" data-cid="228224" data-time="1358673366"><p>Ok gents calm down I have just looked at previous posts and realised another incident happened after we left,either way he had a busy game doing this by the looks of things as I mentioned we did see this in the first half,he's too good to be doing this and there's no need for it.</p></blockquote>

This is frustrating. The lad you are referring to hodges didn't give a foul away the whole game I don't think so please don't come on here and make things worse by making things up. I feel bad for the boy that has ended up in hospital no one wants to see that but what is being gained here? If anyone is that upset take it to their local police station otherwise it needs to finish in here as its not the correct way to go about things</p></blockquote>

Local police station....really???! This is a forum for views and opinions,I'm giving mine and a few spectators,I think sometimes people need to learn to accept other people's opinions and views rather than argue these things all the time,I have nothing to gain by stating these things,but I do have the right to do so,I'm sure this will blow over until it happens again,which it has done in the past.

My point is that people will read your post and decide it must be true and your information isn't correct. I state again if he has done it then its unacceptable but only he will know that so people coming on here and making their decisions/assumptions when they weren't even there isn't right either.

Happens again? Has he been caught elbowing before? I will go on record to say that was my 3rd st ives game of the season from the sidelines and I haven't seen that. Can you tell me the other times please?

And yes police station, if your that sure the lad has done it then its an issue for the police don't you think? Not just moan about it on here

St Agnes 5-1 Holman Sports Club

Att 40

Holman Goalscorer - Adam Selley

Car crash 1st half from the boys in green condemned them to this defeat but a rallying attacking 2nd half performance gives renewed probably slightly deluded belief going into next week.

It all started quite well really!! Firstly the game was actually on even though the weather has been a complete pain in the backside since the queens diamond jubilee and secondly apart from billings who has ended up going via Spain on his way back from France because his Sat Nag was bought in Tragos we had a full squad to choose from......it couldn't last!!!

***serious bit*** Both sides observed a minutes silence before the game in memory of Perranwell Player Ryan Thomas who was tragically killed this week and all our thoughts go out to his young family ***

On to the game Holmans welcomed back old man Lavis who had recovered from last weeks life threatening man flu, Tarik had escaped babysitting duties and Marcus Smith a blast from the past has come back to play for the boys from blaythorne.....more importantly and much to the lads delight he appears to have had a major upgrade in the good looking girlfriend department to the extent the lads night out planned for the 9th Feb has suddenly turned into an invite your wives/girlfriends one......I wonder why??

We started quite brightly for the first ten minutes and even though it was so cold I saw penguins wearing Xmas jumpers (only in St Agnes) the pitch was holding up quite well. The ref was being a little bit fussy which was starting to irritate more then a saturday morning tescos shop and then the irritation levels went up to saturday morning need to get home for football Truro clothes shopping levels with kids in tow when Aggie scored the first goal. It was good movement from the St Agnes forward who shot and we would have had no complaints if the St Agnes forward in the offside position hadn't jumped over the ball....apparently he wasn't interfering with play!!! This left us all in a street party mood so moaning was raised to levels not witnessed since we last played against Darren steadman at St Just :)

Following the first goal it all got a bit car crash for us and some good play from Aggie and some quality finishing saw the home side race into a 4-0 lead. Just to compound the great afternoon we were having our best player against Illogan last week Phil Greenlaw went off like a lame horse after 20min hopefully he won't be turned into burgers!! I tried out a new tackling technique I'm calling the domino move where you tackle one player shielding the other player with the ball...Spectacular fail and the ref was so unimpressed at this new revolutionary (clumsy) tackle he showed me a nice yellow shiny thing....I broke into a bit of a cold sweat for a min when he took the red one out his (apparently wrong) pocket...sigh of relief! 3 mins before half time the flying potato sack in the Holmans goal got injured (knee).but he limped on for half time

HT 4-0

Lavo came on at half time and at first I thought Ben had been on a half time crash diet as a new skinny version appeared in our goal....turns out he had to go off and his younger skinny brother was in between the sticks. Strangely for a side that cant be arsed to go training we have become a better 2nd half team and so it proved again with Lavo munching up the midfield and Selley in a more advanced position we finally managed to knock 2 passes together and at times looked a bit more threatening and were rewarded when Selley with frankly a quite lacklustre 'pass back' to the Aggie keeper managed to fool him with its lack of velocity....that and the strange bright yellow thing that nobody's seen for months blinding him 4-1. Clearly we had Kimmo worried at this point so he brought on his secret weapon Kayne Trevaskis who had a hand in the 5th goal scored by a hard working youngster up front and apart from a bit of handbags in the centre of midfield with Jase and Aggies midfielder which was calmed down quickly and a few more comedy decisions against both sides from the official which involved players with no studs and hidden Japanese snipers it ended 5-1

So rubbish scoreline but good 2nd half to take (some) positives out for us. QF League Cup action next week at Blaythorne as we entertain Perranwell 2pm kick off although I might ring John Roberts up and ask to kick off at 2:45 and play only the second half which might give us a chance :)