Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - 19th January 2013

Please can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread or even better text them to me at 07597907549 with the information. Thank You.

Cornwall Combination League
19th January 2013
Falmouth Athletic (Brett Southerland 3, Quaid Saunder, Alex Miller) 5-4 RNAS Culdrose (Danny Brockwell 2, Ian Higgins 2)

Goonhavern Athletic P-P Perranwell
Ludgvan (Gerens James, Tom Patrick, Tom Withecombe, Mark Richards) 4-0 Troon
Porthleven Reserves (Matt Dawson) 1-3 Pendeen Rovers (Wade Brown, Jack Willis, Scott Meagor)
St Agnes (Sam Kay 3, Nick Perry, Jake Shaw) 5-1 Holman SC (Adam Selly)
St Day P-P Falmouth Town Reserves
St Ives Town (Jowan May) 1-0 Penryn Athletic Reserves
St Just (Darren Steadman 2, Neil Curnow, Justin Wood) 5-0 Hayle Reserves
Wendron United (Ben Allen) 1-2 Mullion (Chris Morris 2)Cornwall Combination League

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 18 15 1 2 50 22 28 46

2 ST DAY 20 14 2 4 64 30 34 44
3 PENDEEN ROVERS 18 11 4 3 49 26 23 37
4 ST IVES TOWN 16 9 6 1 46 20 26 33
5 PERRANWELL 18 10 3 5 47 26 21 33
6 LUDGVAN 18 10 2 6 48 31 17 32
7 MULLION 21 10 2 9 55 59 -4 32
8 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 19 9 3 7 46 42 4 30
9 ST AGNES 17 8 4 5 42 29 13 28
10 WENDRON UNITED 18 7 5 6 38 33 5 26
11 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 18 8 2 8 38 37 1 26
12 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 17 7 4 6 36 30 6 25
13 RNAS CULDROSE 15 6 4 5 40 30 10 22
14 ST JUST 18 6 2 10 32 40 -8 20
15 TROON 16 6 1 9 38 42 -4 19
16 HAYLE RESERVES 20 5 4 11 31 54 -23 19
17 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 17 4 2 11 31 61 -30 14
18 NEWQUAY RESERVES 18 3 3 12 27 53 -26 12
19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 22 3 2 17 32 77 -45 11
20 HOLMAN SC 20 2 2 16 24 72 -48 8

Goonhavern vs Perranwell cancelled as a mark of respect to a stalwart of the reserves . Ryan Thomas who sadly lost his life late Wednesday evening after an accident at work.

All us at the Well are still in shock to lose a young man who was everybody's friend, our love and thoughts at this time are with his wife, daughter who has not even had a birthday for him to enjoy with.

He was as many of his closest friends have said an honest,lovely, funny and caring guy who played the game the way it should be, is taken from everyone far too young ..

Could anyone from ludgvan confirm the pitch is playable for today's game v Troon?? Didn't know the perranwell player who sadly passed away,but a terrible time (there isn't one) for this to happen to anyone,from everyone at Troon AFC we wish his family and friends all the best,our thoughts are with you.

Goonhavern vs Perranwell cancelled as a mark of respect to a stalwart of the reserves . Ryan Thomas who sadly lost his life late Wednesday evening after an accident at work.

All us at the Well are still in shock to lose a young man who was everybody's friend, our love and thoughts at this time are with his wife, daughter who has not even had a birthday for him to enjoy with.

He was as many of his closest friends have said an honest,lovely, funny and caring guy who played the game the way it should be, is taken from everyone far too young ..

please accept my deepest sympathy, a nice statement, i never knew mr thomas, but tragic circumstances. very sad :(

I watched the game and didn't see an elbow the ref who was very poor was a yard away from the incident however the Lad did have a cut on his nose. I felt the penryn centre half put a couple of tackles he should be ashamed of. Not a great game to watch. Scrappy. Penryn playing very direct but had more possession. St ives created better chances I would say.

I know exactly what he did cause its me sat at the hospital!!!! The man is an utter utter thug he knew what he was doing. I like a physical game but that is just completely disgusting. The ref didnt give anything cause he lost the game ages before and missed all sorts...I'm just lost for words I've had that done to me!!!!

You need to man up bait mate ,second time you've come to st.ives this season , first with Truro now today , both times you've left crying , giving it the big man thinking your better because you play in the league above , I personally thought you were the worst player on the pitch , committing fowls and swearing at the ref all game , you need to man up grow some balls and hair and stop moaning

WENDRON 1- MULLION 2---------

Mullion won the game with 2 2nd half penalties from Chris Morris. Both of witch i thought were penalties & both Paul Murray thought were not ! You win some, you lose some !!!

Good game of football played by 2 young sides. Credit to both sets of players & to the Wendron groundstaff for getting the pitch playable.

Good luck to Paul & Roy for the rest of the season, top guys !!!

& please, lets not start slating referees on the forum again, i bet there were games not played today because teams didnt have one !!!!!!!!

Kev,

I hope there wasn't games that required referees, because I was desperately trying to get a alternative fixture after my game got called off at Tavistock and after a run out in div 5 last week I've not done a middle since Nov 7 th.

Managers will always deny penalties against them no matter how stone wall it was. Managed too watch a bit of this game after dropping my son back to helston and I thought the referee did a very sound job, only seen the first penalty and it was very obvious . Two very good combo sides and could of gone ether way.

Ha we'll pip you just sum st Ives up don't you, used to be a nice club now it's just low. I don't think I'm better than anyone, and worst player on the pitch is an opinion fair enough. However I got head butted last time and elbowed today if that's what the combo is now then it's very very sad!!!!

Falmouth Ath 5 - 4 RNAS Culdrose (0-1 HT)

Well a 9 goal thriller today,

Falmouth Started the brighter of the 2 teams but fell behind to a well worked counter from Culdrose. Falmouth wasted a few chances 1st half as did Culdrose on a bobbly pitch that made it difficult for either team to play any football.

2nd half Culdrose scored early before Alex Miller pulled 1 back for Falmouth after some good work from Athletics midfield winning the ball back Culdrose scored straight from the kick off to restore their 2 goal lead. Athletic made a change bringing on Quaid Saunders who reduced the lead to 1 after a superb cross from Matty Pellow. Again Culdrose pushed on making chances and with a smart finish made it 4-2. With 10mins remaining Falmouth changed the shape of the team 3-5-2 and got back into the game with a low hard shot from Brett Suthered. Culdrose went close to putting the game to bed when they broke quickly down the right wing only for the center forward to put wide of an empty net...... then the unthinkable happened athletic were back on level terms with another Sutheredd goal after excellent forward play from Steve Owen and Minto. With nearly the last kick of the game Suthered completed a fine hat rick to put the hosts in front.

Falmouth showed a lot of heart and spirit to come back from 2 down but im sure Culdrose will be kicking them selves that they let a 2 goal lead slip.

Big 3 points for Athletic today moving out of the bottom 3 for the 1st time this season - another big game next week away at Hayle.

See crying again , as I said grow some balls and hair and shut up moaning kojack , if you don't like playing against physical sides stay away, I have no idea why penryn need to bring in first team players like yourself , you bring penryn down in my opinion moaning and swearing all game you cried and moaned at ref when you got tackled in your own box , then hobbled around for 10 minutes , be quiet you weak little man , oh ps don't go crying to daddy who's a ref like last time

Thanks kojack , you were too , watching you for 90 minutes made me laugh , especially in the first 20 seconds when you missed kicked the ball , as we went on and scored only for the linesman to not allow it , I thought Jesus who's this clown

Well done, St Ives......even if the estalishment-ingratiating banker says there's nothing wrong with putting in the first team for second team games, it can of couse affect who wins the league and could enable the fixture secretary to time fixtures to favour those he wants to favour.....it's been happening for about 25 years......

Any SWPL manager who sends the firsts to Penwith for Combo games obviously doesn't worry about keeping his squad available all season. Ouch.

Write your will, Kojak ! :)