Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table 12-1-2013

Waiting for a new phoneline and internet connection at home so working on free wi-fi at Macdonalds posting this.<br />
So will be a problem uploading tonight.<br />
Just bought a phone on contract as well instead of pay as you go but number staying the same. <br />
So if possible can you text me on 07597907549 (preferable) with any details of the matches you play in or attend today, scores, scorers and attendances.<br />
Thanks<br />

Cornwall Combination League
12th January 2013
Falmouth Town Reserves 0-0 St Agnes
Att – 35
Holman SC (Chatlie Tasker) 1-3 Illogan (Simon Ellis 2, Luke Wort)
Att – 35
Ludgvan (Gerens James, Liam Devine, Tom Ramsey, Jack Ramsey) 4-1 St Just (Justin Wood)
Att – 60
Mullion P-P St Ives Town
Newquay Reserves 0-2 Wendron United (Ben Ambrose, Ben Allen)
Att – 54
Pendeen Rovers (Wade Brown 2) 2-2 Goonhavern Athletic (Ben Douglas, Marc Wilson)
Att – 50
Perranwell (Luke Brabyn, Lee Hazeldine, OG) 3-0 Falmouth Athletic
Att – 52
Porthleven Reserves P-P Penryn Athletic Reserves
St Day (Danny Ford, Gavin Boon, Shane Richards) 3-0 RNAS Culdrose
Att – 50
Troon (Ashley Smeeth, Ollie Perkins) 2-4 Hayle Reserves (Danny Scorer 2, Billy Foster, Zak Williams)
Att - 27

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 18 15 1 2 50 22 28 46
2 ST DAY 20 14 2 4 64 30 34 44
3 PENDEEN ROVERS 17 10 4 3 46 25 21 34
4 PERRANWELL 18 10 3 5 47 26 21 33
5 ST IVES TOWN 15 8 6 1 45 20 25 30
6 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 19 9 3 7 46 42 4 30
7 LUDGVAN 17 9 2 6 44 31 13 29
8 MULLION 20 9 2 9 53 58 -5 29
9 WENDRON UNITED 17 7 5 5 37 31 6 26
10 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 17 8 2 7 38 36 2 26
11 ST AGNES 16 7 4 5 37 28 9 25
12 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 17 7 4 6 36 30 6 25
13 RNAS CULDROSE 14 6 4 4 36 25 11 22
14 TROON 15 6 1 8 38 38 0 19
15 HAYLE RESERVES 19 5 4 10 31 49 -18 19
16 ST JUST 17 5 2 10 27 40 -13 17
17 NEWQUAY RESERVES 18 3 3 12 27 53 -26 12
18 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 16 3 2 11 26 57 -31 11
19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 21 3 2 16 31 74 -43 11
20 HOLMAN SC 19 2 2 15 23 67 -44 8

Holmans 1 illogan 3

Illogan Scorers Simon Ellis 2 and Luke Wort

Excellent debut at centre back from Matt Roberts for illogan today , holmans keeper also making some top class saves in a very entertaining game at blaythorne, after speaking to Neal a minute ago in the bar I will allow him to post his usual excellent match report later which he just assured me after a few drinks should be quite good later!

CTB was right with his prediction of a hatful for Ludgvan and today Rodney we saw the other side of the ruthless ginger assassin,absolutely horrendous challenge and deserved his straight red. Really don't think a top six finish is possible for the tinners more likely Ludgvan.

Well my predication was correct from last week, Ludgvan played football, St just played lets make challenges worthy of a red. Whoever said the red put the game on its head is talking nonsense, Ludgvan were 1-0 up at the time and didnt see much pressure on the young boy in the home goal, reflexes like a cat i tell thee.

There are always going to be differences of opinion. With 10 against 11 for the majority of the game, Ludgvan deserved the win. But they hardly created a hatful of chances. Two one on ones (neither put away).. Apart from the wonder goal, not much for the home team to be really happy about. If an onlooker did not know St Just were down to 10 men, they probably would not have noticed.

I watched the game as a neutral and can say that st just played the better football by a long way, I think the Ludgvan boys made more bad challenges than the st just players to be fair to the Tinners, awful tackle by bird which cost his teammates as st just were looking the better side before the incident, Ludgvan always a threat on the break with plenty of pace, all in all it would have been a totally different result had st just played with 11 throughout, just my opinion as a neutral spectator

Falmouth 0-0 St Agnes

Good game played in the right spirt, no bookings, no talking too's. The ref had a good game too. Everyone down Falmouth friendly, as always. Lovely place to go to and great nuggets and chips after the match :D

Sounds like a boring afternoon . :D But nuggets and chips . :thumbsup:

Falmouth 0-0 St Agnes

Good game played in the right spirt, no bookings, no talking too's. The ref had a good game too. Everyone down Falmouth friendly, as always. Lovely place to go to and great nuggets and chips after the match :D

Sounds like a boring afternoon . :DI couldn't think of anyone to slag off or moan about ..... I must try harder :D

Pendeen 2-2

Gutted to have conceded a 92 minute equaliser today. Thought we did enough to win but gave away two very sloppy goals which were both finished well by the Pendeen striker. Pendeen's keeper pulled off a worldie with the score at 2-1. Game was well reffed by a young 'un.

Ben Douglas and Marc Wilson scored for Goonhavern.

All the best to Pendeen, good bunch.

Well my predication was correct from last week, Ludgvan played football, St just played lets make challenges worthy of a red. Whoever said the red put the game on its head is talking nonsense, Ludgvan were 1-0 up at the time and didnt see much pressure on the young boy in the home goal, reflexes like a cat i tell thee.

i think your talking a load of shit mate to be fair, st just passed the ball alot better than you guys today and to say you played football is not right, i thought you played long ball today, but then with your forwards it wasn't a bad move but you certainly didn't play all the football. when we went down to 10 men we couldn't really get runners up to support stu nicholls as much as we would of liked, who by the way played very well up top on his own.

johns tackle was bad and he knows that and to lose a player of johns presence was always going to be hard, but to say we made other challenges worthy of a red, is a total p take, and to say once we lost him to the red, that it didn't change the game is stupid, we had several chances when you were one nil up that we didn't finish and your keeper made a cracking save from steadman. there was a hell of alot more tackles by ludgvan that were late, in the first half especially.

before this gets into a slagging war, i think we should just forget it and move on. i do think ludgvan deserved the win and the diference was tom and gerrans up front, who both worked very hard for they're team.

good luck to you boys for the rest of the year

Yes would agree with that Neil, like I said there were more reckless tackles from Ludgvan than st just and the st just boys passed the ball around a lot better than Ludgvan, I thought Ludgvan looked sharp upfront and maybe that was why they just played the long ball, Andrew Curnow went off with a hamstring I believe and i don't really think he's a player to go off for nothing,

As i said earlier as a neutral st just played the football and Ludgvan belted it long at every opportunity, but it definitely would have been a different result had st just had 11 players in my opinion (neutral)

Right lets put an end to this . I'd say that bar the tackle by John it wasn't a dirty game at all

On a heavy wet pitch the football on show wasn't too bad .

Fair play to all the st just lads for staying after the game for a drink ..

Gotta say though we did the deserve the 3 points .. Good luck to St Just for the rest of the year

Pendeen 2-2

Gutted to have conceded a 92 minute equaliser today. Thought we did enough to win but gave away two very sloppy goals which were both finished well by the Pendeen striker. Pendeen's keeper pulled off a worldie with the score at 2-1. Game was well reffed by a young 'un.

Ben Douglas and Marc Wilson scored for Goonhavern.

All the best to Pendeen, good bunch.

mama, 2 mistakes gave you your goals. thoughtr you shaded it first half and we had the better chances seconed half. game played in good spirit, and would agree young ref had a great game. best wishes to goohavern for the season.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Neil Curnow" data-cid="227432" data-time="1358020862"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Rayparlour" data-cid="227404" data-time="1358014814"><p>Well my predication was correct from last week, Ludgvan played football, St just played lets make challenges worthy of a red. Whoever said the red put the game on its head is talking nonsense, Ludgvan were 1-0 up at the time and didnt see much pressure on the young boy in the home goal, reflexes like a cat i tell thee.</p></blockquote>

i think your talking a load of shit mate to be fair, st just passed the ball alot better than you guys today and to say you played football is not right, i thought you played long ball today, but then with your forwards it wasn't a bad move but you certainly didn't play all the football. when we went down to 10 men we couldn't really get runners up to support stu nicholls as much as we would of liked, who by the way played very well up top on his own.<br />

johns tackle was bad and he knows that and to lose a player of johns presence was always going to be hard, but to say we made other challenges worthy of a red, is a total p take, and to say once we lost him to the red, that it didn't change the game is stupid, we had several chances when you were one nil up that we didn't finish and your keeper made a cracking save from steadman. there was a hell of alot more tackles by ludgvan that were late, in the first half especially.<br />

before this gets into a slagging war, i think we should just forget it and move on. i do think ludgvan deserved the win and the diference was tom and gerrans up front, who both worked very hard for they're team.<br />

good luck to you boys for the rest of the year</p></blockquote>

Ray parlour, one of the most embarrassing comments I have seen on this forum, much like the simulation of a lot of the ludgvan players today! There were not any tv cameras present but if there were they would have been very impressed! Ludgvan deserved there win, no problem with that. Why don't you take the win and be happy with it rather than bitch and try to make a drama where there isn't one! Well done ludgvan one your three points, we can all move on......... Nuff said

Holman Sports Club 1-3 Illogan RBL

(Ht 0-2)

Att 30

Holman goalscorer

Charlie Tasker

Good local derby as League leaders Illogan visited the side at the opposite end of the table who were facing each other for the 2nd time in 17 days

Holmans had their usual chaotic preperation as 3 players dropped out at the last minute. Billings sat nav has now officially gone completely mental as he's ended up in France with two bits of wood strapped to his feet hurling himself down a mountain, Tarik's still suffering from all the Tom daly impersonations at Athletic last week so the club has paid for him to go away to the Ashley young academy to perfect fooling refs and linesman and finally old man lavis phoned up to complain about a bit of arthritis kicking in so spent Saturday afternoon in the warm using his winter fuel allowance watching countdown and popping cod liver oil tablets so he's fit for next week.

As it was my last ever Illogan derby match Jase let me be skipper for the day and as a show of appreciation I promptly lost the toss in his honour. Illogan decided to punt the ball towards the cricket score end and thankfully unlike the match on Boxing Day the blaythorne pitch wasn't resembling the Somme. I took up my usual position next to Dom Pullen so we could have a bit of a chin wag for the afternoon and let bobby big nose have the unenviable task of keeping Luke Wort in check.

Illogan were looking pretty lively at the start and Holmans had to rely on the flying potato sack Ben Minns in goal for a couple of sky sports specials. At one point he looked like a fat thunderbird as he hung in the air for ages defying gravity to tip the ball round the post :). Holmans game plan of frustrating the visitors as long as possible lasted all of 17min when Simon Ellis went through from midfield to open the scoring I think the word I used at the time was "rampaged" much to Mikey pascoes delight with a clever little chip over Ben who was running out to meet him....well more of a gentle jog really. Holmans rallied and Phil Greenlaw and Aaron Meridith were causing a few problems at the other end....I even saw Barrie flap at a couple but it must of been an optical illusion as he is the best keeper on barrieworld bar none ;). Luke Wort decided to spoil the Holmans gameplan a bit further as he got a bit tricksy on bobby and went through to slot past Ben to make it 0-2

Ht 0-2

Illogan started the 2nd half as they ended the first and within 2 min of the start should really have made it 3 when Ashley kemp broke down the right but I'd used a Jedi mind trick to stop him squaring it to Dom and he greedily shot into the side net. This kind of gave us the kick up the ass we needed and we started finding space out wide and on the 60th min should have got a goal back as a decent cross found the head of Charlie Tasker who from 3 foot out managed to find the crossbar. Charlie's had a bit of a nightmare with his head lately as his hair is currently resembling a traffic light following un unfortunate incident in the hair dye aisle at 'big' tescos. I went for a little mazy run with the ball and Dom followed as well but reports from the sideline stating they could hear David Attenborough narrating in the background about what looked liked a herd of wildebeest is unsubstantiated :)

Luckily for Holmans 5 min after his header traffic light head had another chance from 3yds out but this time at his feet which he bundled over to get us right back into the game...well for 3 whole minutes anyway...by now I should have learnt never to utter the words "lets keep it tight we don't want to concede another".....which I did! And also never gob off at the West Briton cameraman stood behind your goal telling him he's at the wrong end.....yep did that as well! You can see where this is going damn you Simon Ellis 1-3!!

So honours went to the league leaders and we took a few positives of a fairly decent performance as we travel to kimmos barmy army at st Agnes next week....I've been sacked as captain so can abuse jase again next week :)

Another classic Pitty! Keep em coming, brilliant. Always look out for yours and Ben the Yeti reports. Guaranteed a chuckle. At least you stopped Dom scoring bud!

Thanks Rappo...good banter with Dom yesterday and apart from the scoreline enjoyed the match....Nice hat trick as well for you i hear! edging ever closer to the retirement home :)

Yeh got my spot ready in the home Pitty! In front the telly on a Saturday night watching match of the day, dribbling with all my chins on my chest!! Hold on, I already do that now!!! Couldn't get out the bath this week mate, used to love muddy pitches! Defenders nightmare, mine now!! Keep those reports coming you two!! Superb. :-)