Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - 5th January 2013

st. day 6 4pendeen. this is not sour grapes, but the difference between the two sides was the unbelieveable decisions made by the ref. 12 cards shown to pendeen ,1 to st. day. his explanition of this was that every pendeen challange had intent to hurt the opposition and every st. day challenge they played the ball. spoilt a good competative game that didnt have any real bad challanges. not knocking st. day players or managers, they got on with it, but you really had to be there to believe the number of poor game changeing decisions. i have never ranted on here about poor decisions before, but yesterday was the worst ive seen in many a year. the other sour note was the cheap shot no.9 took at our 17 yr old winger,elbow straight in the face. cowardly. thanks to matt and andy,for the hospitallity and honest words after, best wishes to st. day for the rest of the season.

wasnt number 9 that was gavin boon

st day v pendeen had it all goals sending offs controversy but the ref could only do his best and i beleive it was ashley ellis who supposedly got an elbow went down like he had been hit with a bat pendeen never gave up but there challenges were awfull especially the first sending off waist high challenge not good but st day deserved the win better team won good luck to pendeen for season and see them in the cup !!!!!!!!!!!

Here we go again another moan at a team that actually make a challenge in a game, I watch St Just and they have a few players that certainly don't shy a tackle, but as with yesterday's game against port 90% of them were good hard challenges and nothing malicious, Steve Curnow always sets his teams up to compete,I just get fed up hearing people complaing that they don't like the treatment they get against them, here's a tip if you don't like the contact that comes with a contact sport go and play bowls,tennis or some other form of non contact sport, and its Ludgvan not Ludgavn. Rant over

Really dissapointing to see Cambornes premier club at the bottom of combination football! We played athletic 2 nd team and I don't recall one HOLMANS player coming in the bar after. Cmon Neil this is your last season to leave HOLMANS in a position to grow don't just let senior football go down the pan. Reno worked for a long time to put the club in senior football along side many others granted, don't just throw it away.

Genuinely not having a dig at you Neil I know what you've done for HOLMANS it's just a shame to see it like this, cannot argue it's the biggest club in Camborne area and senior football would be quality to keep.

Well Pitty isn't the 1st team manager, he's a player primarily who also happens to do a lot of the running off the pitch. So I'm really struggling to see why you're trying to pin this on him and have a shot at Holmans all at once?

You might think you're airing your opinions but I'd call it a cheap shot at a top bloke.

Minns was u playing in the same game as me? When did I throw 2 punches? Most be blind!! St the end of the day your players admitted and agreed to everything the ref did, please top moaning will you!!!

Well yes i was playing it and as it was my friend that got hit and he told me he got hit when i was talking during the handbags going on, and also one of ur strikers said to me he was expecting one of ur players to be sent off for throwing the punch so not moaning just airing my grievance :) good luck for the season

easy to blame the referee when you loose, i give them 10/10 for turning up, not something I would do in a million years. The behaviour of the Pendeen lads including the captain of the team and some of the abuse their so called supporters were shouting at the ref yesterday was diabolical!!, I counted at least 5 yellows for dissent from the Pendeen players, on another day the ref would have shown reds instead of yellow, absolutely shocking. Ok, the ref may have got a decision wrong with St.Days second goal,but it does not excuse the players for ranting and raving, should have kept their heads and showed the spirit they came out with in the second half. I did not see one challenge from a St.Day player that warrented a yellow, 2 yellows to Pendeen for blatently kicking a player after the ball had gone, 1 yellow for deliberate hand ball and a yellow for taking down a St.Day player in the penalty area. Don't see how the ref had any choice??

Before anyone shouts St.Day fan, I am not, just a JCCL fan who goes to a different ground each week

Here we go again another moan at a team that actually make a challenge in a game, I watch St Just and they have a few players that certainly don't shy a tackle, but as with yesterday's game against port 90% of them were good hard challenges and nothing malicious, Steve Curnow always sets his teams up to compete,I just get fed up hearing people complaing that they don't like the treatment they get against them, here's a tip if you don't like the contact that comes with a contact sport go and play bowls,tennis or some other form of non contact sport, and its Ludgvan not Ludgavn. Rant over

"90% of them were good hard challenges and nothing malicious"

the other 10% were two footed/waist high or punches in the ribs or back of the head while the ref looks the other way lol

Time to draw a line under this now lads I think.

Obviously both sides have different views and opinions of a few of the main talking points of the game which were either fairly or unfairly awarded or not depending on who had the more favourable outcome. peoples opinions are what make this forum interesting but let it not distract from what granty quite rightly said was a hard fought bottom of the table clash which I'm sure will be just as hotly contested at the end of the season at blaythorne

Best wishes to Athletic

Neil Pitt

Holman SC Secretary/Player

To David you are entitled to your opinion of Holmans as a former 2nd team manager who was once associated with the club however your tenure and involvement ended 4 years ago when you walked away from Blaythorne halfway through the season to become the manager of Titans FC

Whilst I understand your frustration at our league position It is clearly greater felt by the players, manager and myself still directly involved with the club in 2013 and down to us and us alone to attempt to rectify it. Holmans is still a great club with a proud history and I think your statement on here is rather unhelpful and slightly disrespectful to all the people who contribute their time and effort to Cambornes 'Biggest' club (your words not mine)

Time to draw a line under this now lads I think.

Obviously both sides have different views and opinions of a few of the main talking points of the game which were either fairly or unfairly awarded or not depending on who had the more favourable outcome. peoples opinions are what make this forum interesting but let it not distract from what granty quite rightly said was a hard fought bottom of the table clash which I'm sure will be just as hotly contested at the end of the season at blaythorne

Best wishes to Athletic

Neil Pitt

Holman SC Secretary/Player

To David you are entitled to your opinion of Holmans as a former 2nd team manager who was once associated with the club however your tenure and involvement ended 4 years ago when you walked away from Blaythorne halfway through the season to become the manager of Titans FC

Whilst I understand your frustration at our league position It is clearly greater felt by the players, manager and myself still directly involved with the club in 2013 and down to us and us alone to attempt to rectify it. Holmans is still a great club with a proud history and I think your statement on here is rather unhelpful and slightly disrespectful to all the people who contribute their time and effort to Cambornes 'Biggest' club (your words not mine)

Completely agree Pitty. Time to draw a line and move on - still alot of hard work for us to do between now and the end of the season to maintain combo football lets focus on that

Best of luck to you and your team

Granty

Wonderful stuff......now I'm forced to watch Blue Square and Coca Cola Two, I do miss the good old Combo. Dodgy builders, weekly punch-ups, tribal war, utter corruption, water polo pitches, a better soap opera than anyone could write. Lookling forward to the Pendeen-St Day cup clash...two teams with SWPL ambitions !

And what's this ! CTB predicting a hatful for Ludgvan ! So that's the Penzance view from the Trelawney League !

Go TINNERS ! Six-pointer Saturday at Trudgvan There could be no better motivation ! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::c: e

Eric Bantona - the wheels were not that secure on Boxing Day sir, the game could have ended very differently. Stu Nicholl - oh dear, did the hard bit and then missed. The wind and at times indifferent defence beat us that day. We should have scored more with the wind first half. But hey - no denying Pendeen have played well and deserve their high position in the league.

Sorry Keith but I was actually addressing Rodney with this question because he appears to know so much about Pendeen's season and how they are playing, doesn't he? Also how on earth can you blame the wind for your loss, Pendeen had to face the exact same wind as well.

Eric Bantona....as a Tewster currently exiled to Gloucestershire, I am a big Pendeen fan and try to watch them, if I'm down in Cornwall.If St Just are not playing, I sometimes come to Borlase Park.

I've been backing your quest for SWPL league membership from afar and applaud your ambition. I'm sorry to hear of the recent dip in form and the terrible undisciplined comments about the referee at St Day did not conform with my Corinthian ideals. I think the suggestion elsewhere that the CCFA should take action against Pendeen for website comments about the referee is completely OTT, however ! My impression is that you are certainly not a one man team over-dependent on Wade Brown or Glen Carew, either

Well done on Boxing Day. Missed this game, although it sounds as though the gap between the derby teams had narrowed somewhat since your elier five goal triumph and that on Boxing Day Pendeen got the rub of the green. Congratulations: I wouldn't dream of blaming the ref or the wind if the Tinners miss some chances......good luck to you ! :c: