Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - 5th January 2013

Please post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

5th January 2013

Falmouth Athletic (Mark Kent, Quaid Saunders, OG) 3-2 Holman SC (Aaron Meredith, Paul Billings)

Att - 25

Hayle Reserves (Nick Webber, OG) 2-4 Falmouth Town Reserves (Bryn Wheeler 2, Andy Westgarth 2)

Att - 25

Illogan RBL (Dominic Pullen) 1-0 Goonhavern Athletic

Att - 45

Mullion (Sam Harry 2) 2-1 Newquay Reserves (Sam Mckune)

Att - 25

Penryn Athletic Reserves (Chris Mulroy) 1-4 Ludgvan (Gerens James 2, Joe Day, Tom Patrick)

Att - 55

St Day (Gavin Boon 2, Danny Ford 2, Chris Tolley, Tom Hogarth) 6-4 Pendeen Rovers (Wade Brown 3, Scott Meagor)

Att - 80

St Ives Town (Ian Hodges 3, Jowan May, Martyn Harding, Simon Stevens) 6-1 Troon (Ashley Smeeth)

Att - 28

St Just (Jon Bird 2, Darren Steadman, Andrew Curnow) 4-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - 30

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ILLOGAN RBL 17 14 1 2 47 21 26 43
2 ST DAY 19 13 2 4 61 30 31 41
3 PENDEEN ROVERS 16 10 3 3 44 23 21 33
4 ST IVES TOWN 15 8 6 1 45 20 25 30
5 PERRANWELL 17 9 3 5 44 26 18 30
6 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 18 9 2 7 46 42 4 29
7 MULLION 20 9 2 9 53 58 -5 29
8 LUDGVAN 16 8 2 6 40 30 10 26
9 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 17 8 2 7 38 36 2 26
10 ST AGNES 15 7 3 5 37 28 9 24
11 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 16 7 3 6 34 28 6 24
12 WENDRON UNITED 16 6 5 5 35 31 4 23
13 RNAS CULDROSE 13 6 4 3 36 22 14 22
14 TROON 14 6 1 7 36 34 2 19
15 ST JUST 16 5 2 9 26 36 -10 17
16 HAYLE RESERVES 18 4 4 10 27 47 -20 16
17 NEWQUAY RESERVES 17 3 3 11 27 51 -24 12
18 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 15 3 2 10 26 54 -28 11
19 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 21 3 2 16 31 74 -43 11
20 HOLMAN SC 18 2 2 14 22 64 -42 8

In all fairness illogan had chance after chance but couldn't hot the back of the net! First half goonhavern had one chance and hit it straight down my throat we had 6-7 chances first half but still couldn't hit the target! Jason peters had a couple of good saves second half and to be honest I wasn't troubled at all! So to be honest illogan deserved the win!!! 3 points and another clean sheet and still top of the league

In all fairness illogan had chance after chance but couldn't hot the back of the net! First half goonhavern had one chance and hit it straight down my throat we had 6-7 chances first half but still couldn't hit the target! Jason peters had a couple of good saves second half and to be honest I wasn't troubled at all! So to be honest illogan deserved the win!!! 3 points and another clean sheet and still top of the league

You missed two great chances first half which were hit wide and over. Jason didn't have a save to make until after you scored when we were trying to push on. Agreed we didn't test you anyway near as much as we should've done with our final ball letting us down.

From my perspective illogan had 4 good chances first half which should of been taken and goonhavern had 1 which the goalkeeper did well to save. Goonhavern probably had more of the ball but didn't create anything else. 2nd half illogan were limited to a couple of chances until after the goal when they were unlucky not to score again ( great goal keeping) and goonhavern although they were pushing hard didn't create anything to test the keeper. Was a good game on a difficult pitch. Goonhavern are a good side who try to play the right way, and the two youngsters from st austell were always a threat

To b Fair illogan were 3 short in the squad today and couldn't pull from the seconds, goonhavern are short yet played 3 from st Austell peninsula prem, goonhavern had a lot of possession but rarely threatened Barry, illogan had a fair few chances and even playing last 20 mins with 10 men still scored a goal and forced Jason peters into some cracking saves, deserved win

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Webbz" data-cid="226765" data-time="1357414883"><p>

Falmouth vs hayle was a gd game best result of the game was having Zack Williams return.. Apart from my obvious quality chip!</p></blockquote>

Cross!

Tinners on target again with the ruthless ginger assassin leading the way. Heard behind a floodlight, the celebration of St Just's fourth goal, scored while I was on the phone to the clubhouse, was the most memorable moment of Shortwood's Southern League defeat against Sholing.

Looking at the league table, a top six finish looks perfectly possible.

I am however worried thay the wheels are coming off over North. Too much pressure on Wade to carry the rest, by the look of today' news. I'd set my heart on that Wolves-kit presence in the SWPL, but I don't like seeing six conceded to Matty Harris and may now have to rethink financial planning for next season.

Whoops ! Solbakken sacked, poor chap.

What a shame: it's a funny old game :c: .

Once again a coded message from Issac!

Can anyone fill in the details of the Mullion v Newquay game?

mullion's number 10 got a couple and the old boy [macca i think he was called] got newquay's. Well he looked like an old guy compared to Newquay's very youthful looking side.

Both teams played some nice football at times and an enjoyable game to ref. Pitch held up very well and was remarkable dry.

St Day v Pendeen

Today has got to be the most Appalling refereeing decisions I have ever witness at any level of football , I am not going to bang on about what I seen today firstly people will call it sour grapes, and secondly and more importantly you would not believe me if I told you,

What I am going to bang on about is the level off commitment in which every pendeen player had given today they put our motto to the test (Pride passion and belief) with them contributes cream will always raise to the top, it’s a pleasure to watch a team that never role’s overs and just gives up when the odds are stacked against them

I have no malice what so ever against St day they are a quality out fit with 1st class facilities and wish them all the best for the rest off the season , I only wish I could say the same for the referee , I would also like to thank Matt Harris for his honest view off the game afterwards

I don’t really like singling out players for praise but I would like to say well done to Wade Brown on his hatrick you showed your class and your finishing was top drawer, even the penalty? well done mate :thumbsup:

Terrible thing, to blame the referee when you lose. These sainted indivduals are as near as you get in Pendeen to perceiving Divine Foces At Work. If Matt Harris is on your side, do you think that can possibly make you right ? :c:

We did not win two Combination Cups at St Just by allowing that kind of disgraceful disrespect and indiscipline. :SM_carton:

As Sir Henry Newbolt so wisely advised, "Play up,play up and play the game !"

Anyway, who was he ref ? :)

]Fal ath 3-2 Holman SC

Att 25

Holman goalscorers

Aaron Meridith

Paul Bilings

Brief synopsis of game.....

Holmans scored

Athletic equalised

Ht 1-1

Holmans scored

Athletic were awarded a dubious penalty

Athletic scored

Ref blew whistle to award Holmans penalty

Athletic linesman intervened

Holmans didn't get a penalty

Holmans scored an own goal (bobby Hopkins)

Aaron Meridith awarded free kick

Hand bags

Athletic lines person runs on pitch and gets injured game delayed 5 min

Why was line person on pitch???

Holmans no longer awarded free kick on edge of 18 yd box (drop ball!!!)

athletic win

Holmans threaders and im not elaborating any further or writing one of my more 'comprehensive' match reports as i may vent my frustration further and I don't want to get into trouble!!!

Pitty your talking rubbish, our pen was clear as hell and your captain admitted it was, your pen was the biggest dive I have seen since Tom Daley won bronze at 2012, our Lino was on the pitch protecting our player after one of your elbowed one of ours in the face! Why u pushing our Lino over anyway?

Pitty your talking rubbish, our pen was clear as hell and your captain admitted it was, your pen was the biggest dive I have seen since Tom Daley won bronze at 2012, our Lino was on the pitch protecting our player after one of your elbowed one of ours in the face! Why u pushing our Lino over anyway?

Not getting into this as it will end up getting tedious you have your view I have mine on some key moments in the game ....I look forward to the rematch at blaythorne later in the year

st. day 6 4pendeen. this is not sour grapes, but the difference between the two sides was the unbelieveable decisions made by the ref. 12 cards shown to pendeen ,1 to st. day. his explanition of this was that every pendeen challange had intent to hurt the opposition and every st. day challenge they played the ball. spoilt a good competative game that didnt have any real bad challanges. not knocking st. day players or managers, they got on with it, but you really had to be there to believe the number of poor game changeing decisions. i have never ranted on here about poor decisions before, but yesterday was the worst ive seen in many a year. the other sour note was the cheap shot no.9 took at our 17 yr old winger,elbow straight in the face. cowardly. thanks to matt and andy,for the hospitallity and honest words after, best wishes to st. day for the rest of the season.

quaid it wasnt that big of a dive as ur captain admitted it was a penalty and he made contact and also admitted that the legitimate goal we scored that was offside was onside and should of stood, and when it come to all that i believe it was you who initiated all it by using out winger as a free lift service and trying to get a piggy back off him and then you threw 2 punches and fucked off the pitch and hid, if the referee had blown up for the first foul the initial elbow of our player wouldn't of happened, that caused it still ur linesman twice walked on the pitch and as he was a named player im guessing he wasn't a qualified assistant and i know he wasn't as he couldn't even flag properly.... the referee was horrendous the things he gave and let go for both teams was awful .....

st. day 6 4pendeen. this is not sour grapes, but the difference between the two sides was the unbelieveable decisions made by the ref. 12 cards shown to pendeen ,1 to st. day. his explanition of this was that every pendeen challange had intent to hurt the opposition and every st. day challenge they played the ball. spoilt a good competative game that didnt have any real bad challanges. not knocking st. day players or managers, they got on with it, but you really had to be there to believe the number of poor game changeing decisions. i have never ranted on here about poor decisions before, but yesterday was the worst ive seen in many a year. the other sour note was the cheap shot no.9 took at our 17 yr old winger,elbow straight in the face. cowardly. thanks to matt and andy,for the hospitallity and honest words after, best wishes to st. day for the rest of the season.
12 cards ? did he forget to post them ?

quaid it wasnt that big of a dive as ur captain admitted it was a penalty and he made contact and also admitted that the legitimate goal we scored that was offside was onside and should of stood, and when it come to all that i believe it was you who initiated all it by using out winger as a free lift service and trying to get a piggy back off him and then you threw 2 punches and fucked off the pitch and hid, if the referee had blown up for the first foul the initial elbow of our player wouldn't of happened, that caused it still ur linesman twice walked on the pitch and as he was a named player im guessing he wasn't a qualified assistant and i know he wasn't as he couldn't even flag properly.... the referee was horrendous the things he gave and let go for both teams was awful .....

I was right along side the altercation and i agree it was defo a foul by Quaid as he had hold of the players shirt, but he defo did not throw any punches. Andy ( the lino at the time) reacted to what he thought was an elbow by the holmans number 8. Again i personally dont think it was a deliberate elbow more of a shrug to get Quaid off his shirt but having said that i don't see the need for your left winger to run across to confront the lino and he defo should not be raising his hands to anyone.

As for the 2 pen shouts ours was given - Holmans captain agreed it was a defo pen even though Pitty strongly disagreed. The Holmans pen not given properly was a pen but the simulation of the Holmans forward was the reason it was not given.

All in All hand bags that ruined a hard fought contest. Holmans were unlucky, fantastic strike for the Homans 2nd goal. We rode our luck at times but overall felt we created a lot of chances with some excellent forward play and deserved the 3 points.

Pitty - look forward to the return fixture at Blaythorne, Good luck for the rest of the season.

Granty

Really dissapointing to see Cambornes premier club at the bottom of combination football! We played athletic 2 nd team and I don't recall one HOLMANS player coming in the bar after. Cmon Neil this is your last season to leave HOLMANS in a position to grow don't just let senior football go down the pan. Reno worked for a long time to put the club in senior football along side many others granted, don't just throw it away.

So two controversial games yesterday

Falmouth Athletic v Holman SC

St Day v Pendeen Rovers

These are the two games I told the papers to watch

Match to Catch

(West Briton)

Falmouth Athletic v Holmans

A real bottom of the table six-pointer

(The Cornishman)

Hayle v Falmouth Town

The league's two out of form sides meet at Trevassack Park

I got one correct then.

Mmmmm who are they going to watch next week? Decisions, decisions.....

Really dissapointing to see Cambornes premier club at the bottom of combination football! We played athletic 2 nd team and I don't recall one HOLMANS player coming in the bar after. Cmon Neil this is your last season to leave HOLMANS in a position to grow don't just let senior football go down the pan. Reno worked for a long time to put the club in senior football along side many others granted, don't just throw it away.

Hope you have a fishing licence David!

Ludgvan vs St Just should be a cracker next week as Ludgvan are on a great run of form and the Tinners can beat any team on their day

That was the one for The Cornishman's area, the other to cover the West Briton is a little more tricky.

I reckon Ludgvan v St Just will be either a tight 0-0 or 1-1, or the floodgates will open and Ludgvan will score a hat-full.