Cornwall Football Forum

Falmouth Town vs Bodmin Town

Guest Postie Pidge

Should be a good gate as the weather prediction is OK and there is no counter attraction like on Saturday when Truro City were Home.

Also last Saturday there was a local "Derby" about a mile from Bickland when Penryn entertained Porthleven.

The gate on Saturday at Bickland was a disappointing 147 but in comparison other official FA attendances were, Liskeard 74;Tavistock 120;Saltash 104 and Keynsham 45(Probably St.B.supporters)

Truro City showed the way with 443 and perhaps Phil.H. could give us the Penryn/Porthleven numbers ?

Mike, Dont think there were more than 15 Keynsham fans!! Couldnt believe how poor their support was!! St Blazey had the other 30, plus another load of us who wont have been recorded as we didnt pay!! (no one on the gate just before half time when a load of us got there!!) Hopefully the trip to Paulton wont be quite so bad for the Blazey faithful.

Paul, How embarrassing to see such a woeful attendance at Keynsham.The committee who keep the club afloat must think is all the effort worth it.

Anyway reading between the lines with Crouchy it was all worth while from St.Blazeys angle and you all had a day to remember.(although you only saw half a game)

I have been to Paulton twice(Early 80s western League and 12 years ago in the Vase) and was more impressed with the massive Function rooms/Dance hall/clubhouse than the pitch itself.

Looking at their Southern League gates of last season were pretty low averaging 159 and last Saturday lost 0-1 at Home before 109.

So all in all a lot of the established Cornish clubs hold their own for good support.

Good luck for the next Round.

I will be soon told off by "Postie" for going off the subject

Your right there Mike about Cornish clubs and crowds. Good to see really. There many crowds well under 100 which is surprising really. Ive been lucky enough to see St Blazey win at Paulton a couple years ago 1-0. Boiling hot day and St Blazey had as many fans that day as Paulton. They have a really tidy set up and a great stand behind the top goal. The Paulton Rovers manager at the time went on record to say that hed never heard the away fans at Paulton make so much noise!! Hopefully well have something to shout about this time to although they have moved up a league since.

Back on thread and I might even come and watch the football tomorrow night as im working in Penzance all day so I could watch the football before I head home. Ill see how I feel after a long day. Cheers. :thumbsup: