Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Junior Cup Results - 08th December 2012

Grampound 1-0 Foxhole

Grampound dominated much of the game without creating too many chances apart from hitting both the post and the bar when scoring looked easier. Both sides missed good opportunities but it was Grampound who hit a deserved winner midway through the second half when Shane Weeks' low drive from 30 yards could only be parried by the keeper and Lee Budge finished neatly.

This was a good, competitive game played in a good spirit and it would be good to see a youthful Foxhole side being promoted back to Duchy 1 after being relegated last season.

Polperro 2-3 Torpoint

To be fair, the young Torpoint team played exceptionally well today. They were 2 up at half time and added a further goal mid way through the 2nd half.

Polperro never gave up and were awarded with 2 late goals which left a nervy couple of minutes for Torpoint to hang on at the end.

Good luck to Torpoint for the rest of the season.

Guest cescfab_4

Polperro 2-3 Torpoint

To be fair, the young Torpoint team played exceptionally well today. They were 2 up at half time and added a further goal mid way through the 2nd half.

Polperro never gave up and were awarded with 2 late goals which left a nervy couple of minutes for Torpoint to hang on at the end.

Good luck to Torpoint for the rest of the season.

A poor start to the game for us (Torpoint), after 20 we finally found our feet and began to settle. Two first half goals from Captain Graham O'Neill and Lewis Pacey put us ahead at the start.

We took the lift in to the second half and should've made it 3 within a minute. Graham O'Neill soon made it three with yet another brace for the season. Polperro's keeper had an absolute stormer today and pulled off at least 5 superb saves. Some defensive mistakes and perhaps switching off gifted 2 late goals.

In all I was very happy with a third win on the bounce. Our centre half took a bad knock first half and had to have seven stitches but luckily he should be fine in a week or two.

Good luck to Polperro for the rest of the season, hopefully they keep up the good form and we see them again next year,

Godolphin 3-3 Pensilva AET (Godolphin win 5-4 on pens)

In a game that could have gone either way at times, it was Godolphin who held their nerve during penalties to book a slot in the divisional quarter finals.

Goalscorers for the G were David Moore, Ben Colquhoun and Dan Cheadle

A proper cup tie between two unbeaten teams. Good luck to Pensilva for the rest of the season. Next weekends meeting in the league is sure to be a belter!

West Cornwall 2 helston 3.

Might I be so bold to suggest that the scoreline flatters West Cornwall a little - job done by half time and a goalkeeping blip at the start of the second half and a goal late on made it interesting. ?Ref Mike Carter take a bow - top drawer

Speaking to Mike Carter earlier,he asked to convey his thanks to both West Cornwall and Helston Football Clubs for the way that they both conducted themselves today before,during and after the match.He thoroughly enjoyed his afternoon.

West Cornwall 2 helston 3.

Might I be so bold to suggest that the scoreline flatters West Cornwall a little - job done by half time and a goalkeeping blip at the start of the second half and a goal late on made it interesting. ?Ref Mike Carter take a bow - top drawer

Think you may have a fair point there le boss, first 5-10 minutes was fairly even,WC hitting the post from an acute angle, then Helston took total control. 2 mistakes from WC led to the 2nd and 3rd goals, but Helston fully worthy of their half time lead, only side in it first half. Second half WC showed more desire and fight, which made it a more even game, unfortunately the damage was already done though. Scoreline suggests it was close but it was only competitive for 45 mins really. Helston still a top side, regardless of losing players from last season. Can't see past a Helston v Illogan final again, depending on the outcome of the draw obviously! Mike 'Porky' Carter was absolutely outstanding today, as always. Never far from the action, and rarely misses a thing. Brilliant. Good luck to Helston in the next round, hopefully you go one better this year!

In a game that could have gone either way at times, it was Godolphin who held their nerve during penalties to book a slot in the divisional quarter finals.

A proper cup tie between two unbeaten teams. Good luck to Pensilva for the rest of the season. Next weekends meeting in the league is sure to be a belter!

Totally agree could of gone either way, good luck in the next round.

Yea it was a good game to be part of, some good play at times, a few good goals from both teams and some tough battles going on all over the pitch. I'm looking forward to next saturday now, should be a good'un! See you then mate :smiley20:

Yea it was a good game to be part of, some good play at times, a few good goals from both teams and some tough battles going on all over the pitch. I'm looking forward to next saturday now, should be a good'un! See you then mate :smiley20:

how is your player who injured his arm ?

how is your player who injured his arm ?

I spoke to him today. The paramedics turned up and didn't think he'd dislocated it but he went to hospital later in the evening and he had infact dislocated his shoulder. He'll be out for at least a month.

V

Illogan 5-0 St Day

Awesome performance Illogan... Goal Scorers simon carter, Ian Cullingham, Luke Abbott-smith, Gareth Pitt x2

I have put my letter in to Santa asking that we avoid you for a couple more games and I HAVE been a good boy. Great result for you boys - thought it might have been a toughie against your neighbours.

V

Illogan 5-0 St Day

Awesome performance Illogan... Goal Scorers simon carter, Ian Cullingham, Luke Abbott-smith, Gareth Pitt x2

I have put my letter in to Santa asking that we avoid you for a couple more games and I HAVE been a good boy. Great result for you boys - thought it might have been a toughie against your neighbours.

Yeah we expected a tough one Bash with league positions going out the window for a local derby.

But I think they would agree we came straight out the blocks firing and played some great stuff at times and never gave them a chance to get into the game. When we saw their line up they had some decent players not players you expect to see in Junior footy let alone div 1 like crossman, gribble and Danny Watts.

We certainly rattled them 2nd half as they literally started fighting with each other! But I don't mind seeing that as it clearly shows they wanted it and they will get another chance to have revenge in the Percy I think?

When is the draw for the next round, still some good sides in it still so there will be a few really tough ties next round I reckon.

V

Illogan 5-0 St Day

Yeah we expected a tough one Bash with league positions going out the window for a local derby.

But I think they would agree we came straight out the blocks firing and played some great stuff at times and never gave them a chance to get into the game. When we saw their line up they had some decent players not players you expect to see in Junior footy let alone div 1 like crossman, gribble and Danny Watts.

We certainly rattled them 2nd half as they literally started fighting with each other! But I don't mind seeing that as it clearly shows they wanted it and they will get another chance to have revenge in the Percy I think?

When is the draw for the next round, still some good sides in it still so there will be a few really tough ties next round I reckon.

Oh dear - fighting amongst themselves? Every managers nightmare. Agree there will be some tough ties - one of the first times that the last 8 contains so many from the top league and Lizard are no mugs i can promise you. No easy ties but I guess I would choose Culdrose just because they are from the lowest league - no disrespect meant the them. And you scored 2!! Rolling back the years lol

Frogpool 1-4 Culdrose Res

Good to gain revenge after losing to Frogpool last week in the league. Tight first half with Culdrose taking the lead after 30mins only to concede from a corner just before half time. 2nd half much better from the airman who took control of the game and took their chances well to progress through to the quarter finals. Frogpool will point to a couple of missed chances for them, on the flipside there should of been a couple of pens for Culdrose which were missed by the ref who otherwise had a very good game. Goal scorers for Culdrose, Paul Simmons, Adam McMillan, Stephen Reeves and Steve Homer. For Frogpool 12 Legs! Looking forward to the draw for the next round!

The report on the Newlyn East web site regarding Minver v Newlyn East is a scandalous tissue of distorted fact. Acording to the reason they lost was, players pulling out on the day, Minver Tactics, the Lino, the pitch. The Ref.. As for the later the young lad refereeing did a good job of a hotly contested Cup tie. So far as Minver are concerned all your woes were of your own making. You were out played and out classed for 65 of the 90 minutes. All your sour grapes are typicle of your bully boy tactics that back fired. Your out live with it.

Minver Manager.

What you on about mate? On the website it says nothing bout players pulling out?? Nor the Lino (though we could of) the pitch wasn't the best but not your fault as you couldn't get on it to roll it! N as for the ref nothing bad was said bout him either! Thanks for visiting the website though! But next time can you go on it with someone who can read? You won n your through! Crack on n move on fella

Simmo147- you won thats the end of it.

Nobody from St Newlyn has come on this forum and criticised your club. As for us being bad losers now that is a lie. All our lads shook hands with your team at the end of the game, we wished you the best for the rest of the season and we all went back to your pub (even though myself and some others were cutting it fine for work commitments). We contributed to your club by buying drink etc and wished you all the best for the season as we left. No negative words were uttered by any of my squad.

Our club website is our club website for our supporters don't go trolling other club websites and bringing arguments to an open forum its not good form.