Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - 08th December 2012

Trelawny Premier Result:

Constantine 1 Carharrack 2.

Full report to come from Brayer.

Carharrack took the lead 2-0 after 30 minutes.

Despicable straight red challenge by Constantine player resulted in Carharrack defender Craig Moyle break his leg and having to go to hospital in a ambulance.

Constantine pulled a goal back.

With the game heating up. Carharrack forward Jamie Mitchell was given a red card by the match offical for an alleged stamp.

Carharrack held on to their lead until the final whistle as the sun started to set.

Despite the circumstances great result for the Red's. Never easy to get 3 points down there.

Guest BenTheYeti

Division 2

St Ives Town Reserves 7 - 1 Mullion Reserves

Another impressive performance from my new team mates today, allowing me to be on the winning team at The Saltings for the first time since 2003!

Perfect conditions for football this afternoon, and in the first half a near perfect performance from St Ives, scoring early when a corner was only half cleared back to James Worrall, whose second cross evaded everyone and everything to end up in the far corner. The second came shortly afterwards with good link up down the right releasing the old man of the team Scott Goodchild (though he still looks and runs like a 14 year old), who turned on the rocket boosters before firing in low and hard at the near post.

Mullion tried hard to get a foothold in the game, but the St Ives lads were chasing down every ball which left me as a spectator for most of the first half. A third goal arrived shortly before half time, with the recalled Danny Paynter finding the net with a neat finish into the far corner.. though after the game it has been widely speculated that some part of his shin pad may have been involved in the goal, a charge which he thoroughly denies!

HT 3-0

The second half the lads came flying out of the blocks, adding two quick goals through Alex Brown and this seemingly put the game to bed. However, to their credit Mullion never once let their heads get down all afternoon, and found more possession in the second half, and with the St Ives lads already starting to think about joining the rest of TR26 at the first team manager's wedding, Mullion got a goal back with an excellent cross being met by a fierce volley from 8 yards which him between the sticks did well to even get some part of his body on.

This was the kick up the backside that was needed, and two excellent goals sealed the win, with John McWilliams firing in off the post after being played through, and Barney Poznansky, who was clearly still under the influence of several lemonades from his 18th birthday the night before, got tired of running and fired in a 25 yard effort in off the crossbar

Thought the referee (Alan Hoon I believe) was very good throughout the game and didn't miss anything for either team, and the game was played in the right spirits throughout. Thanks to the Mullion lads who came back to the pub afterwards and good luck for the season.

A good performance today and 3 points on the board

Guest BenTheYeti

Division 1

Trevenson 2 - 6 Halsetown (2-0 HT)

Division 2

Halsetown Reserves 1 - 6 Trispen (1-3 HT.. apparently The Cat was sober again, and scored.. with the inside of his foot.. he needs looking at)

DIV 5

ST.ERME (1). 1

GWINEAR (2) 6 or 7!?

Totally outclassed by a very good Gwinear team from start to finish! They had four corners in the first 5 minutes!! Congrats to the forums Gaffer for masterminding a great win and to Asterix who hit a half volley from 45 yards into the top corner to make it 2-1 just before half time!! Couple of goals for Troony as well I think? Don't remember having a kick apart from my header that was over the line at 3-1 down!!! ;-). We saved our worst performance since our formation for today but I thought Gwinear were excellent and there are some strong teams in DIV 5 this year, be interesting come May I reckon???

DIV 5

ST.ERME (1). 1

GWINEAR (2) 6 or 7!?

Totally outclassed by a very good Gwinear team from start to finish! They had four corners in the first 5 minutes!! Congrats to the forums Gaffer for masterminding a great win and to Asterix who hit a half volley from 45 yards into the top corner to make it 2-1 just before half time!! Couple of goals for Troony as well I think? Don't remember having a kick apart from my header that was over the line at 3-1 down!!! ;-). We saved our worst performance since our formation for today but I thought Gwinear were excellent and there are some strong teams in DIV 5 this year, be interesting come May I reckon???

St Erme 1 Gwinear Res 7

Cheers Rappo, think you caught us on a good day. Everything we did went right and there was a 20 min spell in 2nd half when we hit our peak. Was a close first half on a tricky pitch. Sorry bout your header as i couldnt get down the line quick enough to see lol. Great tocatch up with yourself and Ian who i havnt seen for a fair few years. Great changing room and cllubhouse. Very nice food, and a great bunch you have there.

Div 2

Illogan 0-2 penryn

Well done bushy, good result thought you boys would bounce back today, how's the cheek mate hope your all good

Cheers stu, a lot better now just a bit of a black eye. Great result for you guys.

Yes mate a good result they made us work and never gave up mate, glad to hear your on mend and hope you boys take some points off the teams around us both

Div 5

helston 8 v stithians 1

Controlled the game from start to finish. Tom Lake opened the scoring on 4 minutes then on 10 minutes Ben Tossell scored a wonder goal with a 35 yard volley. Tom Lake completed a first half hatrick before stithians pulled a goal back before the break. Second half goals from Tossell, Phil Black, Ryan Thomas and Craig tanner completed the rout.

Superbly refereed by Nigel Jewell as always

Stu, it was lucky bushy was available to play today after what your captain did to his cheek!!!

So stop pretending to be his friend.

nothing more to add except as predicted, no issues today.

Illogan 0 - 2 Penryn.

Nice bunch of lads (unlike last week).

Cheers blue bridge, I have known bushy long enough now to know that if he thought it was on purpose or with malice he would have said, but thanks for your concern.

Really sorry to hear about Craig's injury Rich. Send him my regards mate. Top bloke and player, gutted for him. Is he still in hospital? im back in at 5am, i,ll get him a couple papers or something to relieve the boredom! Still got 67 to go Stu, could take a while on today's form bud!! Might have been 66 if Darren gave me that one today?! Didn't deserve one anyway mate! Wouldn't have made any difference Daz!! :-( played against some cracking footballing teams already this season in DIV 5, Gwinear, Camborne Park, Helston, Mabe, Newquay and I thought Ludgvan were decent. Glad we got a nice easy one next week at Marazion!!! :-(

Storm 0 Titans 12

After 10 mins we seemed comfortable at 1-0 but it took another 30 mins to get a 2nd which was mainly due to a resolute Storm back line who wouldn't roll over and rightly so. :) At half time we were 6 to the good and Storm had had a mini collapse, i don't want to take nothing from the way we performed from my lads today but not sure 6 was fair on Storm. Second half a lot less pressure from us but some sublime finishing from stu hull and adam brown, who scored 7 between them in the game, and with all the lads working hard today it was difficult for storm to really have any affect. Needless to say my admiration for Storm continues and with the people that run that club from secretary to manager to players i can't help but hope they get back to winning ways next week. Thanks for the hospitality :D

ps i forgot to say hi to blue bridge [ HI ]

Division 2

Theeemilestone V Madron

Travelled from Penzance to Truro, got to the pitch, there was nobody insight apart from the groundsman and a referee assessor. After contacting Threemilestone they informed us that the game had been cancelled at 10am due to an unplayable pitch and that they sent out secretary a text, anyway there was nothing wrong with the pitch and the assessor agreed. Not sure what happens now but was a waste of a Saturday afternoon and seemed very unfair.

Div 5

helston 8 v stithians 1

Controlled the game from start to finish. Tom Lake opened the scoring on 4 minutes then on 10 minutes Ben Tossell scored a wonder goal with a 35 yard volley. Tom Lake completed a first half hatrick before stithians pulled a goal back before the break. Second half goals from Tossell, Phil Black, Ryan Thomas and Craig tanner completed the rout.

Superbly refereed by Nigel Jewell as always

Ben Tossell.... Wonder Goal.... 35 Yard Volley.?.? Is it April Fools Day?? :yahoo:

DIV 5

ST.ERME (1). 1

GWINEAR (2) 6 or 7!?

Rappo I tried telling the boys before the game "don't let's rapsey get in your head" lol it may of worked if it went for the fact you have the "10stone" package lol. Quality bloke on and off the field. Other than the "obvious" (you will know what I am on about) the game was really enjoyable and just the fact that I caught 'Den' no an off day to claim that 55 yard corker ;) like I said to you bud, in all the 20 years u 2 have played together I bet he has never conceded one like that. :o shock. Cheers for the elbow "old chap" see you again for the other 2 fixtures we have you buddy! Much love, a very tired and aching Right back.

Haha, not seen the package in all its glory for a few years since my pasty addiction mate!!! Yeh didn't want to mention "the obvious" same for both teams i suppose? :o think you are doing yourself a disservice on the goal bud, some strike!!! The sun may have helped but you've still got to hit the top corner from 50 yards!!! Yeh never seen Den let one in from the halfway line before! Really sorry bout the elbow mate, the combination of thinking you were going to "do me" and 5-1 down and not had a kick off you lot i possibly had a pissy on!!! :( You know im not that type of player usually! Nice to see you, not sure im looking forward to the other two games though bud!!! Have a good one :Santa:

Constaintine 1-2 carharrack

Well where shall I start in this eventful game constaintine started brightly from the start without creating much, both teams exchanged possession but the deadlock was broken when a corner by Johnathon wright was glicked on and put in the net by craig moyle, constaintine responded but Aaron jones denied them making a good save carharrack them won a penalty when Jamie Mitchell was nudged in the box which led to top scorer liam bray to send the keeper the wrong way. Then moments after a penalty decision was not given in constaintines favour when keeper jones went in and I thought penalty and few others thought so to, then the game boiled over as the home side had some decisions go against them, carharrack won a corner and it was cleared and fell to Craig Moyle who was absouetly mullerred by a challenge which resulted in a suspected broken leg ain't heard confirmation yet and the player was dismissed with a straight red card, play was then abandoned for 30 minutes and the game resumed with a carharrack free kick which was saved by the keeper and a big boot up field resulted in a miss timed header by Matt Sara and the player slotted in the the net to make it 2-1 half time

The game was reduced to 35 minutes a half to try and finish before dark

Second half was end to end with both teams going at each other and a foul by Jamie Mitchell lead to a Red card after he full on booted there player in the ribs totally deserved the red card, both teams went at each other and constaintine had a couple dangerous corners which were defended well, then we hit the bar with a James tregay header, constaintine hit the bar from a corner and they almost had an equaliser at the end but carharrack keeper Aaron jones closed the angle well and right at the end liam bray hit the post right at the end,

Moves us into six place another vital 3 points pushes us up the table

No worries Rappo, my beauty was nice to see you. If it wasn't for the fact the ref had just blew for a foul against me, I was just about try and nip around you to nick the ball ;) lol! Yes hard task I think to control a game when someone hasn't played themselves, like we was saying during the 90 bud. Second half dragged on a bit don't ya think bud? Did you shoot off after the game bud? Didn't see ya for a drink, in what I must say is quite a nice clubhouse. :)

Division 5

Date: 8/12/2012

Venue: Roskear Playing Field, Camborne

Clipper Bar FC 3 - 1 Troon III

*GET IN THERE CLIPPER*

Surely that will get all the P*** Takers from Troon off Dave Rowes (Clippers Manager) Back.

Madron reserves 3 constantine 4 Div 4,Only managed to catch the 2nd half of this game after our game against tms was called off...or not?? After having to listen to 26 miles of whinging from my mate at a) our game being called off without our clubs knowledge and what a bunch of d*ckheads tms are) B) the amount of petrol a 52 mile round trip was going to cost and c) his missus out xmas shopping had just spent 76 quid on a dress for one evening(believe me he wasn't happy) we were entertained by a decent 2nd half in which tine scored an offside winner(not given by our own linesman to be fair) they also had a fella sent off for 1st a penalty and then calling the ref a w*nker i think but im not sure(He seemed a good bloke when i spoke to him...The player not the ref...and our lads smashing one off the crossbar which we couldnt follow up on and then having a perfectly good goal disallowed??? The ref had a reasonable good game from what i saw,a couple of wrong decisions but he was only 17 and he's human and our own linesman had a shocker so we'll forgive him. Anyway lads it's a bit early but hope you all have a good christmas and maybe catch up with you on a local football pitch sometime soon.

Holmans res v mawnan res 2-4 (ht 2-0)

Scrappy game, not much football played. holmans dominated the first half and deservedly went in 2-0 up at half time. after a change around at half time mawnan started the second half with a lot more confidence. mawnan scored a goal that crossed the line and hit the net, only for the referee to not give it because the linesman said it didnt cross the line. The mawnan players were still celebrating the goal when the game played on. terrible decision from the linesman who definitely saw the ball cross the line. Mawnan were deflated after this and a number of blatant fouls being missed but mawnan striker tom richards scored to lift the spirits. After again scoring the equaliser the game turned. mawnans tom hunt went through and was in collision with the holmans goalkeeper and a penalty was awarded. Both players down injured, and the Holmans no 15 ( who belonged on a rugby pitch) said " i hope he has broken his f##king leg". Mawnan players couldn't believe what they had heard. What a thick, mindless comment to make! Im sure everyone at holmans that works hard must be so grateful to have this idiot tarnish all the hard work and efforts of the good people at holmans. The No 15 continued all game kicking, swearing and all in all ruining a good game.He should have been sent off. All the mawnan team agreed that had he not been in the holmans team they probably would have beaten mawnan because they had some good players. any way back to the penalty, mawnan scored and were 3-2 up. holmans then decided to just foul an kick and mawnan deservedly scored a 4th and put the game to bed. so a few idiots ruining holmans chances. feel for the boys that want to play football and win. However the majority were nice blokes and the food after was lovely. But with people having jobs and kids and trying to escape the recession do we really wish broken legs on anyone? at the end of the day its a 90 min game

Of football, some you win some you lose but you go back to real life after, so i think you should maybe think before you speak next time.

Trelawny Premier League

8th December 2012

Perranwell Reserves 1-1 Penzance Reserves

Good goal keeping not lack of chances kept the score down in this game. Perranwell had most of the play for the first half but Penzance finished the game stronger and fully deserved their first point of the season. There were many half chances but few clear cut directly on goal.

The game starts with Perranwell pressing hard but find Magpies keeper Dan Baber in fine form as he grabs, blocks and punches clear time and again. Up the other end Penzance get the ball onto the edge of the Perranwell penalty area quite a few times but find sight on goal blocked as their opponents defend in depth. Perranwell punt the ball long whilst Penzance play the ball around the middle.

The first goal comes in the 23mins as Perranwell break right, down the slope, and put in a suberb curling ball around the back of the last defender allowing a low 8yd volley to be fired past the diving Baber. A really good piece of play as Penzance were pressing hard at the time and got caught on the break.

Perranwell nearly double their lead when a volley is deflected up by a Penzance defender and Baber instinctively leaps and tips the ball onto the bar and over for a corner.

Penzance win a free kick just the Perranwell side of mid-way. The ball is knocked in to the bottom of the near post where the keeper dives and spills. He just manages to bravely scrabble and slap the ball around the post for a corner as two Magpies forwards charge him down.

H-T

The second half starts end to end with again Perranwell using the long ball through the middle and Penzance playing out from defence.

Eventually Penzance start knocking the ball longer and this tactic pays off as they equalise in the 72 minute. A long ball from the back is flicked on for new signing Cody Martingdale to out muscle his defender and place a low 10yd volley to the keeper's left.

Perranwell try to push forward by some resolute defending followed by quick breaks from the back force them to play deeper and deeper. Penzance push forward with their other new signings, Leigh Murray as Cody's strike partner, and James Oakley, playing wide left proving difficult for the Perranwell defence to cope with.

Penzance nearly grab all three points just before the end when a great move on the left is followed by a cross, and a flying diving header that deserved to go in was brilliantly saved by the Perran keeper. In my notebook I wrote “Brilliant football from both sides”.

The Perranwell number 6, their sweeper, also did a fantastic tackle to deny Penzance a certain goal just as the whistle was about to blow.

F-T

Match facts

Corners: Perranwell 11-4 Penzance

Fouls conceded: Perranwell 8-4 Penzance

Attendance: 12 (3 from Pz)

Trelawny Premier Result:

Despicable straight red challenge by Constantine player resulted in Carharrack defender Craig Moyle break his leg and having to go to hospital in a ambulance.

With the game heating up. Carharrack forward Jamie Mitchell was given a red card by the match offical for an alleged stamp.

Carharrack held on to their lead until the final whistle as the sun started to set.

Despite the circumstances great result for the Red's. Never easy to get 3 points down there.

Ma man the challenge wernt dat bad 'twas shin on shin the noise It made frum the shin pads made it sound worse wish da lad all le bestest from all at da tine. 'twas a good game the boy jarvis class act running da show fur long periods all told we fought a draw would dav been fare ur man in da sticks ad a blinder and ur lad dat got sent of was nowt as well bit of petty refereeing by d man in blick

up da tine

Trelawny Premier Result:

Ma man the challenge wernt dat bad 'twas shin on shin the noise It made frum the shin pads made it sound worse wish da lad all le bestest from all at da tine. 'twas a good game the boy jarvis class act running da show fur long periods all told we fought a draw would dav been fare ur man in da sticks ad a blinder and ur lad dat got sent of was nowt as well bit of petty refereeing by d man in blick

up da tine

It was not a good challenge mate he was really late and he has broken his tib and fib

Like I said i did na fink it 'twas that badder challenge not da bestest but no malice and I we wish da lad all da best with his recovery when Jacob challenged da lad the lad didn't moan he just said " shit it's gone I broke me leg " no screaming out or nudfin brave main man.

I say again all da best from all ad da tine

Trelawny Premier Result:

up da tine

I cant believe you can come on this forum and try to justify that tackle your guy got p****d off with ref for some bad decisions against him two minutes later he has clobberd our player final result broken tib and fib probably six weeks off work and most likely has had his footy career ended. Did your guy,mean to brake his leg probably not did he have any intention of winning the ball did he f**k.

Matt mitch

Carharrack afc first team manager

Trelawny Premier Result:

up da tine

I cant believe you can come on this forum and try to justify that tackle your guy got p****d off with ref for some bad decisions against him two minutes later he has clobberd our player final result broken tib and fib probably six weeks off work and most likely has had his footy career ended. Did your guy,mean to brake his leg probably not did he have any intention of winning the ball did he f**k.

Matt mitch

Carharrack afc first team manager

took me an hour to read his post lol, does he actually speak like he types :wacko: ,

i used to work with craig at c.a.w., top bloke. pass my regards onto craig for me matt,tell him that tony who used to work on commercial says hello and my fingers are crossed for a speedy recovery.

Trelawny Premier Result:

up da tine

In English?

Sounds like a feisty affair at tine. Never nice to have a bad injury to a player. However it's a little disappointing that nobody official from tine has wished the lad well. Just somebody speaking urban rubbish. We are in cornwall not hackney!! If it was Jacob who got sent off I very much doubt it was intentional, played with him last year he's a very honest lad!!

I thawt tine boy was reciting a kylie song with all the la la's and da da's in his post! All joking aside Craigs a decent bloke, dont wish anything bad on anyone especially this time of year! Im sure like myself everyone wishes him a speedy recovery!

Sounds like a feisty affair at tine. Never nice to have a bad injury to a player. However it's a little disappointing that nobody official from tine has wished the lad well. Just somebody speaking urban rubbish. We are in cornwall not hackney!! If it was Jacob who got sent off I very much doubt it was intentional, played with him last year he's a very honest lad!!

i dont think any one is saying he meant to do damage the fact of the matter is the guy had red mist after some decisions didn't go his way. I don't think we would even be talking about the tackle if tine boy didn't come on here posting stupid comments.

Yeh sorry had to shoot mate, Mrs had the two youngest kids in the car cold and desperate to get home!!! Have to get you a pint after you knock us out the cup bud!!! :-(.

Get well soon Craig and hope you get off that dodgy red card Mitchy x

Thanks rappo make sure you look after our man during his stay lol. It wasn't me that got sent off it was Jamie Mitchell for a little bit of needless handbags

Big game next week in div 2!! Penryn v st ives! 2nd v 3rd lets hope our seconds get called off!!!

Game on!!!!!

Why do you need them ! You can only play 2 and is the club desperate to pay 12 quid to reinstate them. Am yet to play St ives, so hard to give assumption of them i believe you guys drew i may be wrong but if not i will go for that again. :D