Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Table - Saturday 8th December 2012

Can you post your results, postponements, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please or text me on 07597907549 with any details.

Thanks

Cornwall Combination League

8th December 2012

Falmouth Athletic (Quaid Saunder, Mark Kent, Ian Grant) 3-1 Mullion (Chris Blee)

Att - 28

Falmouth Town Reserves (Bryn Wheeler, Darren Friend) 2-5 Wendron United (Harry Evans 2, Adam Peters, Ryan Tresidder, Ben Allen)

Att - 30

Hayle Reserves (Craig Wilcox) 1-3 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jason Roberts 2, Ryan Reeve)

Att - 27

Ludgvan (Jack Ramsey) 1-1 Pendeen Rovers (Wade Brown)

Att - 90

Porthleven Reserves (Gavin Perraton) 1-2 Perranwell (Luke Brabyn, Dean Southworth)

Att - 25

St Agnes (Justin Andrew 2, Jake Shaw) 3-3 RNAS Culdrose (Danny Brockwell, Jamie Thirkle, Craig Lambert)

Att - 35

St Day (Gavin Boon 2, Shane Richards, Ryan Trathen, Mikey Davis, Matt Witts) 6-1 Newquay Reserves (Andy Morris)

Att - 40

St Just (Stuart Nicholls) 1-1 Goonhavern Athletic (Paul Robertson)

Att - 25

POS TEAM PL W D L F A GD PTS

1 ST DAY 16 11 2 3 52 24 28 35

2 ILLOGAN RBL 14 11 1 2 43 20 23 34

3 PENDEEN ROVERS 13 9 3 1 37 13 24 30

4 PERRANWELL 16 8 3 5 40 23 17 27

5 FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 16 8 2 6 40 36 4 26

6 MULLION 17 8 1 8 46 48 -2 25

7 ST IVES TOWN 13 6 6 1 34 18 16 24

8 GOONHAVERN ATHLETIC 13 7 3 3 33 18 15 24

9 ST AGNES 14 7 2 5 37 28 9 23

10 PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 15 7 2 6 34 31 3 23

11 WENDRON UNITED 14 6 3 5 31 27 4 21

12 LUDGVAN 14 6 2 6 29 28 1 20

13 RNAS CULDROSE 12 5 4 3 32 20 12 19

14 TROON 12 6 0 6 33 26 7 18

15 HAYLE RESERVES 16 4 4 8 23 39 -16 16

16 NEWQUAY RESERVES 16 3 3 10 26 49 -23 12

17 ST JUST 13 3 2 8 17 32 -15 11

18 PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 19 3 2 14 28 66 -38 11

19 FALMOUTH ATHLETIC 14 2 2 10 23 52 -29 8

20 HOLMAN SC 15 2 1 12 18 58 -40 7

Sat next to Bryn at FTFC....

1. It's Bryn, not brynn

2. Pz had a squad of 11 & 0 points when he went to assist. They now have a squad of 19 and points on the board.

3. I live behind FTFC, they have a shortage of playing staff at present.

4. The prospect of pairing up with Sir Andrew Westgarth again after a decade was mouth watering & too much to turn down.

5. 15 mins, 1-0 Fal town, Wheeler. #enoughsaid

6. I certainly don't owe any explanation too anybody else. My decision, my choice.

7. Fal Town is my local club, they're in the shit, & I want to help my home club out, if that's wrong, then aren't I a shit.

Pz wished me all the best, and I am confident they'll stay up.

Thanks for your concern, au revoir, merry xmas.

BW

1. It's Bryn, not brynn

2. Pz had a squad of 11 & 0 points when he went to assist. They now have a squad of 19 and points on the board.

4. The prospect of pairing up with Sir Andrew Westgarth again after a decade was mouth watering & too much to turn down.

6. I certainly don't owe any explanation too anybody else. My decision, my choice.

7. Fal Town is my local club, they're in the shit, & I want to help my home club out, if that's wrong, then aren't I a shit.

BW

Your right! They are in the shit now, letting you sign on again!!!

1. It's Bryn, not brynn

BW

Falmouth town welcome to you. "I made my name at ftfc" grow up. Average player in a piss poor league. You still scoring proves that. Pz 3 pts this wkend Pz I'll keep them up. 1 word. Joker. Stick to watching. No gd talking bout it if u ain't gonna do it

Great local derby, would say we edged it overall but pendeen caused us problems throughout.

Jack Ramsey scorer for Ludgvan and wade Brown for pendeen..

Would like to say thanks to Pendeen for staying in the clubhouse for a good stint after the game ..

randy i wouldnt say you edgeded, it was a game of to halves, you pipped the first and i think we were stronger in the second. through out the match both sides were cautious and didnt gamble, as neither side wanted to lose a local derby. i think a draw was a fair result on the day.enjoyed the hospitality after the game, and wish ludgvan all the best for the rest of the season. good bunch of lads down there.

Yeah mark Strick is the delightful chap that played centre mid today! He really is getting better and better every week tho as Keith B said!

I think you will find if anyone was trying to run the game today it was gosling, constant chipping away at the ref as he does every game! He even went as far as to suggest that the ref was making fun of his speech impediment at one point!

Having said that I thought a point was a fair result for both teams, best of luck for the rest of the season!

Mr Mike Jones who ever you are, never heard of you. But let me clear some things up for your entertainment. You may think you know everything about me but you dont so dont judge me. My old man who has been around the local football circuit was diagnosed with cancer, im sure youve heard of that illness. Recently hes been told no further treatment is needed for 6 months and so has expressed an interest in wanting to see his son play again. Blame him can you Mr Jones!!!???? My local team is Falmouth Town where hes watched me plenty of times as i did indeed make my name there but in a very good side my old mate. Joker or not my old flower my old man does mean more to me than you will certainly know so ive decided to play again. Now this may have touched a nerve with YOU but know this. My phone bill was certainly up while at PZ, the hours I put in with Denty was alot and certainly the travelling out of my own pocket was alot twice maybe three times a week. I put everything into my time there. When I got there there was no squad and I leave them with a healthy one in order to play again at Falmouth Town who are struggling. My life choices are certainly NOTHING to do with you my friend and i dont answer to you. In fairness and by all means ask the players at PZ what they think and judging by the goodwill texts from the players and committee il think you will find your a tad out of line my little pumpkin pie!!! But hey, i guess you know me inside out mate!!!! Once again its my life and il live it as I choose. So JOKER??? yeh maybe, but again Il take that from people that know me. You Dont. Cheers.

Mr Mike Jones who ever you are, never heard of you. But let me clear some things up for your entertainment. You may think you know everything about me but you dont so dont judge me. My old man who has been around the local football circuit was diagnosed with cancer, im sure youve heard of that illness. Recently hes been told no further treatment is needed for 6 months and so has expressed an interest in wanting to see his son play again. Blame him can you Mr Jones!!!???? My local team is Falmouth Town where hes watched me plenty of times as i did indeed make my name there but in a very good side my old mate. Joker or not my old flower my old man does mean more to me than you will certainly know so ive decided to play again. Now this may have touched a nerve with YOU but know this. My phone bill was certainly up while at PZ, the hours I put in with Denty was alot and certainly the travelling out of my own pocket was alot twice maybe three times a week. I put everything into my time there. When I got there there was no squad and I leave them with a healthy one in order to play again at Falmouth Town who are struggling. My life choices are certainly NOTHING to do with you my friend and i dont answer to you. In fairness and by all means ask the players at PZ what they think and judging by the goodwill texts from the players and committee il think you will find your a tad out of line my little pumpkin pie!!! But hey, i guess you know me inside out mate!!!! Once again its my life and il live it as I choose. So JOKER??? yeh maybe, but again Il take that from people that know me. You Dont. Cheers.

comment of the year!

no justification needed bryn, all the very best to you, ray and town, see you soon :Santa::) :drink:

Falmouth Town2 Wendron 5, good result for Wendron, 14th in the league before kick off, Falmouth put out a decent side, nice to see some old friends. Good luck for the rest of the season, and many thanks from all at Wendron for the food and hospitality.

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, December 9, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, December 9, 2012 - No reason given

1. It's Bryn, not brynn

BW

Your right! They are in the shit now, letting you sign on again!!!

Is dis da same brynn bloke that left da town under a mahosive cloud a few years ago money for da ttacksuits seem da ring z bell oh ma god dis club really is in trouble more washed up than stinking seaweed down gylly.

no justification needed bryn, all the very best to you, ray and town, see you soon :Santa::):drink:

Always a legend for me -Good strike rate for Town (1st X1) 48 goals from 117 Appearances .

Lets get that odd 2 Bryn, to join the 50 goal club

Remember one great VASE day at Warminster 3-0 (Wheeler 3)

All the very best to father Ray who was Assistant manager 2000? at Falmouth with Neil Phillips

Cheers Mike and the rest that have added there good wishes. The problem with this alias business on here is that people who you probably consider mates are always willing to drop you in it when asked who you are!! Been interesting finding out who people are today behind their little alias, very interesting. Thats why I go under my own name. I dont feel the need to hide and am quite happy people know my views. But all comments have been taken on board which wont effect any of my choices or decisions in the slightest. Ive stated my reasons for going back to town. I believe Spell Check is available though for people who want to talk like there Curtis (50 Cent) Jackson! Each to their own. Well done to Wendron yesterday played some good stuff, I was just glad to get 90 mins for first time in months the goal was a bonus but im at that age now when you have to work twice as hard at match fitness as Westy will agree with, we wasnt quite as mobile as we were the last time we played up top together for Town. Darren Friend had the 2nd goal direct from a corner. Well done to the 2 youngsters that played Connor and Brad showed up well and nice to see that the under 18's can step up and slip straight into the reserve side which is how it should be. All in all nice to be back at the Town.

Falmouth Athletic 3-1 Mullion

A great result for Athletic yesterday, rode are luck at times but overall a great performance against a very good Mullion side and a deserved win. A BIG 3 points that lift us off the bottom of the table.

Scores

Quaid Saunders ( Pen )

Ian Grant

Mark Minto Kent

Mom - Quaid Saunders - a top performance from Quaid yesterday was asked to play out of position but put in a great shift for the team.

Hayle scorer was a very young fella called Craig Wilcox aged 16 won a penalty with a great run up the left flank before being brought down. Stepped up and took a great pen right into the corner.

We had 7 players 18 and under with our usual 16 year old right back(Jake Martin) off with the first team

Paid the price in the first half when we were defensively naive - but still well put away by Jason Roberts and Ryan Reeve.

Thought we dominated the second half but conceded when Jason Roberts robbed our central defender of the ball and scored his second.

If i wasnt where i am in the referee world at the moment i would of jumped at the chance to play for Town under Micky and Graeme and also with these two knowing my potential as the best uncapped centre half in the country i would of no doubt fitted into towns plans. goodluck to all at town and what a clubhouse to go back to after games,a great laugh and a atmosphere thats been missing for years. the people involved at the club should take a bow.

love you all lee Mitchell( Beer o`clock every saturday)

Never forget that day Cornish hoop, It was my birthday and came on as Micky`s Super sub scored with my first touch and then all back to my parents house for a BBQ, My cocktail shuffle was best remembered vs Town combo when Geoff moyle was in charge and we played them in a pre seson friendly at bickland, i came on as a sub for chris dash and left 3 town players on the floor and the put in a inch perfect cross for Micky stevens to put over the cross bar. Not bad for the best uncapped centre half in the country who was a keeper converted to become more flexible for Micky Westgarths squad when on leave from the Army. Also nice to see the Cocktail bar at Club I is still going strong.

As a keen Tinners follower i will be there watching on saturday, i watched the boys against Goonhavern and Bude and think they are getting stronger every week, would like to see young Martin Grenfell have more action as i think he can be a real threat in front of goal, nice to see stuart on the scoresheet again with a great header, slightly concerned on hearing a couple of tinners players linked with a move away from Lafrowda ??

Tazmainian madman, can I ask what your real identity is? This forum seems to be turning into a bit of a playground for some people and I fear your one of them, apologies if I'm out of line there! The reason I say this is I'm a current players for st just and feel that it is a pretty happy camp at the moment! I haven't heard any rumours of players leaving. I look forward to a potential handshake introduction on Saturday?

You may, and may i ask your identity ?? i am not a St Just man, just a lover of local football but i mainly watch St Just and Pendeen because i live in this area, there are some lovely people involved at both Pendeen and St Just and now i'm retired i enjoy my saturday's football, regarding the players leaving Lafrowda ? i was slightly concerned to overhear a conversation that a couple of lads were heading for the exit door? was hoping to get someone to clear this up for me that's all,

Well madman I can honestly say I don't think there is anything in these rumours! You still didn't reveal you true identity?????? Yes your right, some great people at both clubs and I know at st just the committee are working hard to make improvements to the club! Who will you be shouting on, on Boxing Day madman when st just and pendeen meet again?

Got to say I'm with Keith B on this one, I currently play for St Just and can 100% say that knowone wants to leave the club, there is a great team spirit and morale and confidence is growing, we have a couple of good youngsters coming through and a good mix of experience as well, so madman your comments make me laugh ! If you are a Tinners follower come on here and post something positive! Otherwise don't bother, buzzing for Hayle Saturday (up the Tinners!)