Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard manager

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt P & Alma think it could be a long season.Nobody seemed to mind last year with Edwards & Curtis, surely it's just whoever liskeard believe can do the best job. Plymouth,or Cornwall based! Any decent manager should look at local players first & formost anyway. Because local based players normally want to play for there local team & if there good enough they lead by example on the pitch which rubs off on others. I'd like to no why they issued a statement saying experience in this league, if they were happy for someone who has none to do it.

I'm not trying to stir nothing up or trying to be funny. I no football. The new manager is a bad appointment, & the club will be 4th from bottom at very best. And there are people leaving already. Why did the club advertise the job & say they wanted someone experienced managing in that league, then appoint someone with none. Simple!!!! Cause nobody wanted the job!

I'm not trying to stir nothing up or trying to be funny. I no football. The new manager is a bad appointment, & the club will be 4th from bottom at very best. And there are people leaving already. Why did the club advertise the job & say they wanted someone experienced managing in that league, then appoint someone with none. Simple!!!! Cause nobody wanted the job!

Which players have left and who have they signed for?

It's not for me to say, & I no your say I'm trying to stir it up but 2 players will leave this week at least. Why did Joe Knight play for Shakespeare P&D against Mount Gould Saturday & not liskeard. Answer!!! Cause he's going Tavy & as I said there will be at least 1 more to follow. C Joe scored in paper but got stuffed. Look like losing has became a bit of a habit.

I'm not sure u really need to "know" the ins and outs of what's going on at the club to realise their in serious trouble and have made a negative appointment.

In fairness the fella they've brought in may be a top bloke with an outstanding knowledge of the game. But unfortunately at this level "it's not what u know, its who u know!!"

And no matter how many of the 2nd team lads sign into this forum and disagree, their is probably 1 or 2 tops that is good enough to step up.

They should of appointed Yeo and Hobbs assembled a tidy side immediately and finished in and around mid-table. They have a big following in the Plymouth area, and this will probably not sit well with the likes of MQ but of course your going to have a bigger pool of talented players coming from a bigger city...... It's impossible to field a team of locals from a place as small as Liskeard and expect to be ok.

It's a shame because it seems MQ and others are pushing for this "Local" policy and it probably is with the clubs best interest at heart but the likelihood is relegation.

Hopefully they manage to turn it around.

MQ read back through my posts, I'm not stiring I'm stating facts. If I was stiring I'd be jumping on the bandwagons that are on here constantly ie your constant issues with 1st team managers etc. but I don't, I just see a club that use to have great people involved. John Hilson,Darren Gilbert Greame McMillan but to name a few going down the pan/league. I totally agree with the Pragmatist Yeo & Hobbs, but would they of wanted it pragmatist?

I'm not sure u really need to "know" the ins and outs of what's going on at the club to realise their in serious trouble and have made a negative appointment.

In fairness the fella they've brought in may be a top bloke with an outstanding knowledge of the game. But unfortunately at this level "it's not what u know, its who u know!!"

And no matter how many of the 2nd team lads sign into this forum and disagree, their is probably 1 or 2 tops that is good enough to step up.

They should of appointed Yeo and Hobbs assembled a tidy side immediately and finished in and around mid-table. They have a big following in the Plymouth area, and this will probably not sit well with the likes of MQ but of course your going to have a bigger pool of talented players coming from a bigger city...... It's impossible to field a team of locals from a place as small as Liskeard and expect to be ok.

It's a shame because it seems MQ and others are pushing for this "Local" policy and it probably is with the clubs best interest at heart but the likelihood is relegation.

Hopefully they manage to turn it around.

You are correct in saying that 1 or 2 can step up but I reckon another couple are capable now as well and hopefully that might help the club out. I am not anti-Plymouth or other lads as is often suggested, there are a great bunch of lads at the club, I looked after them for a couple of games and got to know them a little ( as I have done on a number of occassions in the last few seasons) but at the end of the day finance rules this league unfortunately so we will have to manage with what we have.

It is going to be a long hard season but has it been anything other than that so far??

MQx

It's not for me to say, & I no your say I'm trying to stir it up but 2 players will leave this week at least. Why did Joe Knight play for Shakespeare P&D against Mount Gould Saturday & not liskeard. Answer!!! Cause he's going Tavy & as I said there will be at least 1 more to follow. C Joe scored in paper but got stuffed. Look like losing has became a bit of a habit.

From what I was told Joe said that he was injured and also believe he will not be signing for Tavi!!

From what I was told Joe said that he was injured and also believe he will not be signing for Tavi!!

hmmmm, think you could be wrong there tomhall.....

P and D isnt shakespeare ur side?

Did joe look injured to u mate? I 've heard u were interested in the liskeard job? did u apply?

think u would prob do a better job than the clowns they have running things there at the minute!!

Is blatch just an "interim" until they get a real manager?

If its good enough for Rafa.................. :yahoo:

I love it 50pence head. I take it your 1 of the lads!! I am the manager of Shakespeare & joe knight & Lyle Johnson r both signed 4 me. I can neither confirm or deny that joe played 4 me on sat , but if he did I'm sure he would've been injured as we lost 6-1 as u would know ;-) lol

correct your not as stupid as you look mourhino!

Fancy not being able to confirm or deny whether joe played??? doesn't say much for the lad does it!! lol

Do you want to keep hold of him?

Or is it true you think his brother Dan is the better player?