Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard manager

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great club, as iv already read a great 2nd team manager that wants his boys in the 1st team. Thats what you want as a manager of the 1st team If i had the time i would go for that as my old mate Mr Bradley Swiggs said it was a great club to be involved with.

Great club, as iv already read a great 2nd team manager that wants his boys in the 1st team. Thats what you want as a manager of the 1st team If i had the time i would go for that as my old mate Mr Bradley Swiggs said it was a great club to be involved with.

Is that a hint!!!! Do it Ravo you need to get back into football

If the rumours r lead 2 b believed & I don't wanna start pointing fingers or anything. The reason managers r leaving lux park r because of u!!. Nothing 2 do with budgets, the pitch, the travelling. The 2nd team manager doesn't seem 2 want 2 co-operate with the 1st team & r basically undermining whoevers in charge of the 1st's. just saying MQx

If u want to be a successful club at this level its a major advantage if u have good working relations with the 2nd team. I am not saying anything about liskeard as i dont no the situation there but at any CLUB (hence anyone that comes under that club name 1st,2nds,3rds) And a 1st team manager should not just concentrate on 1st team issues but also trying to maybe attract players for the future & put them in the direction of the 2nds. Clubs are getting it wrong & as a whole football is suffering, We will see liskeards intentions by who they appoint. But think they will be waiting a long time for someone to meet there criteria,up and coming managers are the way to go. Times are changing!!!!!!!!!!!

It's called messing about MQx. I just can't understand y Darren Edwards & now Martin burgess have left a gr8 club like liskeard. (Not taking the either) is it because there not local? Is it a local club 4 local people? Hints of Royston vasey!!

slim behave your self lol

Having played for Liskeard for a few seasons and knowing some of the good good guys involved with the club behind the scenes, their current struggle is quite sad for me to see.

For me a good appointment would be ex Lakeside and current Mount Gould manager Bradley Yeo.

His a young up and coming manager who's got his coaching badges and is very popular "dare I say it" amongst the Plymouth based players.

Having played under him for a short spell I could 100% guarentee he'd have them super fit and very well drilled!!

I feel the club need a hungry young manager to breath some life back into the place not just a name who's heart ain't really in it.

It's all about the banter beaker ;-).

Must say the pragmatist you've hit the nail on the head. Bradley yeo is a perfect example of a up & coming young manager who would bring in good honest players within budget. He has experience of winning things as well. & could attract a big name if needed. Just look @ his lakeside team dan brooks, Adam carter, Matt David 2 name but a few. I guess he would need an assistant manager or fellow coach. Some1 like Darren raven would b a good shout.

Having played for Liskeard for a few seasons and knowing some of the good good guys involved with the club behind the scenes, their current struggle is quite sad for me to see.

For me a good appointment would be ex Lakeside and current Mount Gould manager Bradley Yeo.

His a young up and coming manager who's got his coaching badges and is very popular "dare I say it" amongst the Plymouth based players.

Having played under him for a short spell I could 100% guarentee he'd have them super fit and very well drilled!!

I feel the club need a hungry young manager to breath some life back into the place not just a name who's heart ain't really in it.

I thought glynn hobb's younger brother lee was manager at Mount gould?

It's all about the banter beaker ;-).

Must say the pragmatist you've hit the nail on the head. Bradley yeo is a perfect example of a up & coming young manager who would bring in good honest players within budget. He has experience of winning things as well. & could attract a big name if needed. Just look @ his lakeside team dan brooks, Adam carter, Matt David 2 name but a few. I guess he would need an assistant manager or fellow coach. Some1 like Darren raven would b a good shout.

"within budget."

What budget..????

MQx

It might be time to look at the budget and decide if local is the way forward. There are a lot of youth players looking to break into league football at the moment and that would bring more people through the turnstile as well as feed players into the first team. Unfortunately money is scarce at the moment so the next decision could make or break the club!

MQx

Bradley yeo was the manager of lakeside last yr They won the p&d Sunday league & got 2 the semi finals of the fa carlsberg cup. P&d Mourhino managed there rivals last yr the railway as well as Wessex rangers which he ran so badly they folded. I believe he now runs Shakespeare. So what about lakeside? P&d Mourhino?

Few good managers? Let me see, I agree Moon seems to be up & coming. Hobbs has a fantastic Team of players available to him on a sunday so obviously has a good relationship with people in & around the circuit. Yeo has experience of playing in this league, & also had the small achievment of taking Lakeside to a national semi final last season and obviously also had good relationships as his team included Carter,David,Brooks & also Kevin Miller. Im not so sure its that big of a gamble as for the rest of P&D managers i cant comment as i dont no anymore.

why not go for a no 2 at a prem club already, has experience of league, knows players, and prob chomping at the bit. lafferty at newquay knows the game inside out, gary penhalligon been bombed at parkway, he did a job at st awful.

why the big thing for plymouth based, if the above mentioned were that good they would already be in the league, you cant compare running a sunday side to sats.

Good contribution Turns. It's all about opinions & the 2 names you've chucked it could maybe do a job too. I'm just talking about who & what I no! And I do agree Sundays are Sundays completely different kettle of fish. But the Sunday FA CUP is a famous competition with the likes of Kerry Dixon, previously lifting this trophy. The standard of that competition in latter stages are Dare I Say It better than the standard of this league. There are players lifting this trophy each year that are regulars for Whitley Bay, Havent & Waterlooville etc real quality Saturday Teams. The likes of Hilson at Parkway & Yeo of P&D Mount Gould have taking a team to within a whisker of a national cup final. Can u name me any other present managers at this level with that on there CV???????????

I think you'll find there's plenty a manager who hasn't got the best of knowledge but can get mates to play together, why arnt these super Sunday sides all playing together on a sat???. How many players played in the first game compared to the semi? Don't remember miller playing Sunday's only the cup games, could be wrong though. See it all the time on Sunday's where the further a team gets the more stars want to play for them

The reason they managed to do so well for Lakeside in the sunday fa cup being the fact that the players played for free. These players dont come cheap on a saturday so trying to assemble a similar squad with such quality & limited funds at Liskeard just wouldnt happen. Dont get me wrong getting Lakeside to the semis was some achievement

It sems MQ has highlighted that Liskeard does not have a budget, and combined with all the 'off pitch' distraction seems why Burgess, another so called up and coming young manager, walked away !

I believe it needs someone who can gel players, with little budget, improve performances, like Penzance, and bring along players for next to nothing ! Sundays players are not paid and completely different to the SWPL status, so experienced players, as mentioned in earlier threads, will not play for a few quid. Liskeard have been looking for a manager but if it was that attractive they would of found one by now. So they will have to find a manager with little experience at this level and who can work on a shoe string, best of luck, but it can be done look at Penzance they will keep improving. :)

MQ, if there is no money at the club and you are running the 2nd team as a separate entity from the 1st team (allegedly), how can you/your club expect anybody to succeed as 1st team manager. If you get a new manager I would assume he will need to tap into the resources of the whole club to turn things around. No money + no cooperation from 2nd team = No chance.

Dont think I said there was no money, apologies if I did but there isnt the amount of money around that there was 2 seasons ago and not as much as last season, I assume that is why it is difficult to attract players and keep them.

There is co-operation from the club, the committee and the second team, we have helped out a few times this season but not as often as was requested for a variety of reasons.

As I have said before, we are no different to most clubs but money is scarce at the moment.

MQx