Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League results Saturday 24th November 2012

Congrats to Mabe, fantastic result. Beating a team 5 divisions higher! Cracking little footballing team, in a false league position as I mentioned a few weeks ago. You ain't heard the last of them yet I don't think!!?! I thought they had at least 4 players that could play combo now easily.

Ps) and congrats to my old mate Marksy of course!!! Bit wet bud!? :-)

Timbo according to rosudgeon 4 players didn't want to get wet this afternoon so didn't botherturning up. Oh well there loss our gain. Ref deemed it fit for play The only one moaning 1st half was the rosudgeon keeper cos the other 10 couldn't stop the pressure he was under. Rosudgeon right back aside who is class in my opinion. Always funny that it's the pitches fault when you beat a team above you. Well hammer a team above you :) rosudgeons first shot was the 90th minute. ref told both managers before the game if it becomes unplayanle he would stop it played 90 job done. We won't win psc but unless my workings out are wrong we will go one further round than rosudgeon. Ps we played 4-5 pass touches right up to the 90 th minute as well ######. Love to all

Good wins for both Mabe and Gwinear Res

In terms of Titans/Camborne Park pitch, game off that was scheduled for tomorrow already and will have to see what like for our cup game next wk as that will now take priority

Probably the worst weather ever I've played in...

It's up there!!!!!! Made even worse being a keeper

Timbo according to rosudgeon 4 players didn't want to get wet this afternoon so didn't botherturning up. Oh well there loss our gain. Ref deemed it fit for play The only one moaning 1st half was the rosudgeon keeper cos the other 10 couldn't stop the pressure he was under. Rosudgeon right back aside who is class in my opinion. Always funny that it's the pitches fault when you beat a team above you. Well hammer a team above you :) rosudgeons first shot was the 90th minute. ref told both managers before the game if it becomes unplayanle he would stop it played 90 job done. We won't win psc but unless my workings out are wrong we will go one further round than rosudgeon. Ps we played 4-5 pass touches right up to the 90 th minute as well ######. Love to all

You wanted it more on the day no question bout that.

As I am the Rosudgeon keeper don't remember moaning bout the other 10 players in front of me, however I did moan about the goal mouth which was a joke, stepping throughout it and seeing my foot drop 30-40 cm deep.

During the game I hated every minute, looking back on it now enjoyed the game glad to be home tho. Made a few decent stops.

Aching all over. Best of luck

Yeh I didn't mean you were moaning at your players just about the hole???? To be honest we did our best to get the game on and have a good groundsman who I'm sure weather permitting will make sure it's back in shape for park next week. You made a lot of quality saves especially at the feet of our Adam brown who is not dirty but will challenge every ball. Perhaps i was a little sarcastic on the first post( not like me) but today we won all but everything good luck with the rest of your season

Yeh I didn't mean you were moaning at your players just about the hole???? To be honest we did our best to get the game on and have a good groundsman who I'm sure weather permitting will make sure it's back in shape for park next week. You made a lot of quality saves especially at the feet of our Adam brown who is not dirty but will challenge every ball. Perhaps i was a little sarcastic on the first post( not like me) but today we won all but everything good luck with the rest of your season

Yea I'm the same mate, go in for everything, hard but fair. Good luck to u and ur lads and the groundsman he is gonna need it lol

Guest BenTheYeti

According to the Trelawny League website, Cury played against St Buryan today and lost 12-0.. in that weather... I'd want to take up Tiddly Winks afterwards

Good wins for both Mabe and Gwinear Res

In terms of Titans/Camborne Park pitch, game off that was scheduled for tomorrow already and will have to see what like for our cup game next wk as that will now take priority

Probably the worst weather ever I've played in...

Yeah I can only imagine, looked outside and glad we didn't play as awful and hard to play in

Guest BenTheYeti

I can confirm it was 12-0 and as u rightly pointed out next week will be a friendly game of tiddleywinks

Haha excellent.. good thing I wasn't in goal for you.. you put 2 past me earlier in the season so it would have been at least 14-0 with me between the sticks

Arthur Pearce Cup

Gwinear Churchtown Reserves 4 - 2 West Cornwall Reserves (HT 3-0) (Played on the West Cornwall 3G pitch)

An awful first half display from West Cornwall is what ultimately cost us. Gwinear came flying out of the traps and simply wanted it more for the first 45 minutes. We weren't committing to challenges and struggled to keep possession spending most of the half on the back foot and to be honest were lucky to keep it at 3-0.

A bit of a rousing team talk at half time seemed to lift everyone's spirits and confidence and we played much better in the second half and started to take control of the game, creating a few openings and getting stuck in a bit more. Unfortunately despite a spirited second half performance the damage had already been done and Gwinear added a fourth to kill the game off.

Fair play to Gwinear, obviously a decent side who wanted it more on the day. It's just a shame that we didn't turn up until half time so that we couldn't give them a better game.

Good luck to them in the next round.