Cornwall Football Forum

What leagues better trelawny prem or duchy prem?

Illogan Reserves and St Austell Reserves are the top sides and would be evenly matched. St Austell will be in the ECPL next season.. It's a pity Illogan will once again be held back by the first team not seeking promotion. A SWP team from the Redruth / Camborne area is way overdue.

Only One way to tell..... Junior cup final

It is a knockout cup with one off games - the leagues tell the real story to an extent - the Trelawney League Premier contains teams that perhaps should be in lower leagues and the whole league will take a couple more years for teams to find their rightful places. Illogan are seen as the best team in the Trelawney cos they are top of the top league - simple. Dont think you will or can get a definitive answer

both leagues should be joined together so we can have more games but duchy league the better league maybe the best of the best maybe evenly matched but over the whole div duchy is better i think five teams in div 5 duchy would be a match for most teams in trelawny league columb merryn south gate veryan miver would give most teams a match

Another fairly pointless topic. Duchy players will say duchy, trelawney players will say trelawney. All either side sees is results and league tables, then make a judgement based on that. Fair to say, nobody from the duchy has come down and watched all the teams from the trelawney leagues actually play, and vice versa, so its pointless starting a topic like this based on results and tables!

The early rounds of the Throgmorton Cup (SWP League Cup) is split into three groups, with the central group giving clubs in East Cornwall clubs a chance to play West Devon teams.

It would be great if the Cornwall FA could do something similar in the Junior Cup, with East, West and Central Cornwall groups for the early rounds. The Central group could include clubs between Camborne and Bodmin, giving Trelawny clubs a chance to visit some Duchy clubs without increasing travelling costs.

The early rounds of the Throgmorton Cup (SWP League Cup) is split into three groups, with the central group giving clubs in East Cornwall clubs a chance to play West Devon teams.

It would be great if the Cornwall FA could do something similar in the Junior Cup, with East, West and Central Cornwall groups for the early rounds. The Central group could include clubs between Camborne and Bodmin, giving Trelawny clubs a chance to visit some Duchy clubs without increasing travelling costs.

We (St. Newlyn East) have been in the west side of the draw of the Junior cup the last few seasons (play our league football in Duchy Prem) except for this season and have really enjoyed our trips to places like - Falmouth Albion, St. Buryan, Frogpool, Mousehole, Goonhavern, and also enjoyed welcoming teams at our place such as Illogan, St. Buryan and Storm.

Think your idea would be a great idea as it is nice to face clubs you dont normally play against etc esp in a knockout cup

Guest BenTheYeti

My geography might be somewhat askew, but am I right in thinking Duchy covers more of Cornwall than Trelawny? Maybe a bigger catchment area gives a slightly better standard? I have never seen a Duchy game, but the standard in Trelawny does seem to be, perhaps not improving, but levelling out, compared to the years of the One and All & Fal/Hel leagues.

And Illogan aside who are clearly flying, most of the teams at the top are quite bunched up.

Perhaps there should be an end of season Trelawny XI vs Duchy XI match..purely for bragging rights of course!

My geography might be somewhat askew, but am I right in thinking Duchy covers more of Cornwall than Trelawny? Maybe a bigger catchment area gives a slightly better standard? I have never seen a Duchy game, but the standard in Trelawny does seem to be, perhaps not improving, but levelling out, compared to the years of the One and All & Fal/Hel leagues.

And Illogan aside who are clearly flying, most of the teams at the top are quite bunched up.

Perhaps there should be an end of season Trelawny XI vs Duchy XI match..purely for bragging rights of course!

Illogan are clearly flying but is that because the competition is poor - just asking the question

Guest BenTheYeti

Illogan are clearly flying but is that because the competition is poor - just asking the question

On paper, it's not the tightest league, but as mentioned above, it is going to take time for the leagues to "settle down" and teams to find themselves in their (for want of a better word) correct positions.

Not taking anything away from the teams in Premier, who clearly deserve to be there as they've either been at the top in the old set up or worked their way there recently, but personally I'd expect a league containing the likes of Illogan, Helston, St Day, Redruth Utd, St Agnes, Mawnan etc to produce a fiercely contested Division

Duchy prem by a mile. Not even close

2 seasons now. But I've seen a lot of duchy prem football and it hasn't changed a great deal in 2 seasons with the exception of st Austell being there now. I must say though that I do feel the standard in the duchy prem ain't as good as 5 seasons ago. I remember playing biscovey, southgate, polperro, bere alston etc. they were great teams.

Worrell how would know?? you aint played in either in years..!! ha ha :thumbsup:

ok..lets get a boxing day friendly going on between the duchy and trelawney teams....perran reserves from trelawney one welcome allcomers from duchy one.....lets see the other teams in both leagues do the same and lets settle this...one rule...you have to play a team in your equal league....we could even get a champions league going off the back of this

Guest BenTheYeti

ok..lets get a boxing day friendly going on between the duchy and trelawney teams....perran reserves from trelawney one welcome allcomers from duchy one.....lets see the other teams in both leagues do the same and lets settle this...one rule...you have to play a team in your equal league....we could even get a champions league going off the back of this

I can see the headline in the Cornishman and Western Morning News now..

"Boxing Day Drink Driving Soars By 117%"

Though I do like the idea.. perhaps sometime around Easter would be better (when the weather is supposedly better)

How does that make it the best league because you have more referees up there!?

no it just proves it run better which in turn proves it then better league

Haha. I think you'll find your comment just proves your ignorance of how referee appointments are made

HA HA..and i think your ignorance shows you dont understand this thread because the question is about the standard of football

Haha. I think you'll find your comment just proves your ignorance of how referee appointments are made

HA HA..and i think your ignorance shows you dont understand this thread because the question is about the standard of football

My post was directed at Bole boy not yourself by the way dobbie!

talk about ignorance where does it say anything about standard.. It just say which league better . And I do know how refs appointments are made... But I just don't understand how some trelawny team are on here asking for refs for there games that all not looking to upset anyone just my point of view .. Sorry

i do apologise Nelly!! sorry!

talk about ignorance where does it say anything about standard.. It just say which league better . And I do know how refs appointments are made... But I just don't understand how some trelawny team are on here asking for refs for there games that all not looking to upset anyone just my point of view .. Sorry

well ok it does not say standard but when the question is asked which is the better league i presume like most people who have posted replies that is what is meant....unless of course it means which league has the better sounding, name or best kits or best looking players or best tea lady?? you tell me bole boy!!

Funny I like that lol , point taken.. I was just pointing that side of it out... I must say I do Like the idea of the leagues winners playing each.other at end of season like they do with cricket

Funny I like that lol , point taken.. I was just pointing that side of it out... I must say I do Like the idea of the leagues winners playing each.other at end of season like they do with cricket

yeah that would certainly be good