Cornwall Football Forum

Wendron announce new manager

Wendron United FC are delighted to announce that Paul Murray will be taking over as first team manager at the Underlane. Paul will be assisted in his role by Roy Nancarrow.

Paul started off his managerial career at the Underlane several years ago before moving onto Falmouth Town where he teamed up with Roy, where they undoubtedly did a magnificent job.

They had great success whilst at Town, and hope to emulate and further that success here at Wendron.

We already have a strong squad and we believe that under Paul's guidance, this club can fulfil it's potential.

We wish Paul all the success here at Wendron. He starts with some tricky games, including an away trip to rivals Penryn, and a mouthwatering home tie to SWPL side St Blazey in the Senior Cup.

We wish to thank Craig Martin for his commitment to the club whilst manager in the first part of the season, and to Ryan Tresidder for filling in as captain over the past few weeks.

Welcome back to Wendron Utd!

Unfortunately I have been away with work for most of season but i am returning to the UK shortly and i am pleased the management issue has been sorted swiftly! I had only just joined the club when Paul left but from my involvement in the club since have seen the sides he has put together at Falmouth and feel that he will do very well with the players he has inherited! A big shout out must go to the players who have stayed during this turbulent time, you are the rock that will move us forward to where we want to be! What wendron requires is a management platform that is stable and willing to work with us for the coming years and not get too down down heartened if the rub of the green doesnt go our way! My support is 100% behind the new management pair and if they are lucky i might dip in my pocket for some kit again!

Let the good times roll at Underlane :thumbsup::yahoo::drink:

Dave I have left a message on your phone if you would like to phone me, I am also out tonight in Falmouth, and if you would like to speak to me face to face as opposed to through a social media site, that would be good. I have immense respect for you as a player and a person, that's why I made you captain. Lets not let this all deteriorate into petty name calling.

As I stated in another thread...

Players following a manager,these players that follow managers around are best off away from good,hard working clubs,a true tell of a good manager wouldn't mean he has to drag players from club to club,Jose mourinho "the chosen one"....my ass!! All the clubs he's been at have been minted,get him at an average prem club,say Fulham,give him 2/3 seasons with their budget and then see how good he is....same goes for local football,what happened to playing for the club,the badge,the pride of representing and possibly making yourself a bit of a club legend in your own right even at this standard,sad times.......

Wouldn't really be like that when the majority of the players who would be coming back originally came from Wendron in the first place?

Why leave in the first place?? Got a bit tough?results not going their way? Now things are all rosie again?? The fact is these players have no morals,no commitment,and frankly are doing more harm than good to these clubs they skip too and from!

Wouldn't really be like that when the majority of the players who would be coming back originally came from Wendron in the first place?

don't really wanna get involved in this but their isn't many from town's combo team that started this year that have ever played for the dron i can think of 3, 4 if you include paul. all the best much love for both clubs x

As i understand it Wendron can only put in for three players anyway from Falmouth and I think they have done that. The summer signing window is yet to co!me of course

I thought it was 2, then you have to wait 30 days to aproach the same club again

Regarding transfers

Officially a club can approach as many players from a single club over a season as long as it is only one player at a time and a period of 28 days takes place between each approach. A player cannot be approached more than once by the same club.

Should a club wish to waive a notice of approach and allow more then one player to transfer within that 28 day period it is at their own discretion.

As i understand it Wendron can only put in for three players anyway from Falmouth and I think they have done that. The summer signing window is yet to co!me of course

I thought it was 2, then you have to wait 30 days to aproach the same club again

Regarding transfers

Officially a club can approach as many players from a single club over a season as long as it is only one player at a time and a period of 28 days takes place between each approach. A player cannot be approached more than once by the same club.

Should a club wish to waive a notice of approach and allow more then one player to transfer within that 28 day period it is at their own discretion.

Just use a third party to approach the player, he then applies for a transfer, rule skirted. Job done. Its already happening at a well kown club who are in player trouble.

I think a player may serve a seven day approach on himself, if he is unhappy at a club but no other club has put in an approach for him.

Also if a player does'nt play for 3 consecutive weeks he may be granted a transfer.

But you would need to check this out with the CCFA

Thought I just pretty much said that, just a bit more to the point. Unsettled by a third party.

Or you get friends at other clubs to put 7 days in to Falmouth, player transfers to that club then Wendron approach player with the 7 days waived by his "new" club and he signs for Wendron. Simples! Hope it's not done too much though!

Wish Paul luck at Wendron and hope not too many leave Falmouth as its still the best club around(probably bias there!)

Or you get friends at other clubs to put 7 days in to Falmouth, player transfers to that club then Wendron approach player with the 7 days waived by his "new" club and he signs for Wendron. Simples! Hope it's not done too much though!

Wish Paul luck at Wendron and hope not too many leave Falmouth as its still the best club around(probably bias there!)

You're getting warm as to who has done it most recently, in fact you may have burnt your fingers.

I'm

Sure Peter Thorne has already said he doesn't want the whole team at Wendron iv heard they want 3 players to strengthen in 3 weak areas and I'm sure Peter Thorne who loves the players and club would not let them over change a very strong Wendron team as seen by the performances at illogan and against the likes of town.

Paul is the manager and therefore picks the team, with the help of Roy.

Paul, like every manager that moves clubs, is going to bring in several faces that he has worked with before and knows can do jobs. Paul knows that at Wendron there is already a very strong squad to work with and knows that it won't take too many faces to get the club up there challenging for honours.

As for jumping ship half way through a season, it has happened to every club, and I'm sure most players are guilty of it themselves. So it is unfair to criticise Paul and Roy for that.

Unfortunately Paul's first game in charge was postponed, like every other game. But what a belter of a game for his first match in charge... St. Blazey on the hallowed turf of the Underlane next Saturday...just as long as this rain stops.