Cornwall Football Forum

Sunday Independant

Doug Williams from the independent who phones all the clubs every Saturday after the game went in for a minor op at the end of October. Since then we (Holmans) have not recieved any phone calls from the independent so i would guess Doug is still convalescing (Get well soon Doug)

That was crisp and dry mate!! Baby oil was too expensive!!! Used to mix some of physio Rocky Renders horse linament in with it when I was down Falmouth, never had cold legs even up Appledore in January bud!!! Yeh Kempy, got sent off once down Bickland, Senior cup qtr final, losing 0-2 to Port and we had a pen ten minutes to go, smashed it down the middle past Gary Penhaligon, got the ball out the net and was running back to the centre circle when Jeweller, Johnny Burrows, Charlie Legg, Bleasy etc blocked me path, Sage and Sledge joined in, bit of a free for all punches wise and me and Jeweller got sent off and ended up in front of the FA up St.Austell sticking up for each other saying ref Malcolm West over reacted got our bans reduced and then we had a night out in Chicago Rock together!!! Love Jeweller, just one of those things that happens in a big game really. Remember a bad tackle on a Ludgvan defender when I played for Penryn combo and Pearcey was that chuffed that I actually got mad and had a go he paid for the booking himself!! That's about it really though mate, you know me, pretty laid back, don't agree with having a go at refs, its a tough job already, maybe an odd offside from a Lino but that's it? :-)

That was crisp and dry mate!! Baby oil was too expensive!!! Used to mix some of physio Rocky Renders horse linament in with it when I was down Falmouth, never had cold legs even up Appledore in January bud!!! Yeh Kempy, got sent off once down Bickland, Senior cup qtr final, losing 0-2 to Port and we had a pen ten minutes to go, smashed it down the middle past Gary Penhaligon, got the ball out the net and was running back to the centre circle when Jeweller, Johnny Burrows, Charlie Legg, Bleasy etc blocked me path, Sage and Sledge joined in, bit of a free for all punches wise and me and Jeweller got sent off and ended up in front of the FA up St.Austell sticking up for each other saying ref Malcolm West over reacted got our bans reduced and then we had a night out in Chicago Rock together!!! Love Jeweller, just one of those things that happens in a big game really. Remember a bad tackle on a Ludgvan defender when I played for Penryn combo and Pearcey was that chuffed that I actually got mad and had a go he paid for the booking himself!! That's about it really though mate, you know me, pretty laid back, don't agree with having a go at refs, its a tough job already, maybe an odd offside from a Lino but that's it? :-)

Rappo you have a wonderful memory!! ( for football ) I bet you can't remember scoring outside footy though ? ( i would think maybe as many ) Unless you hide that book ! As the mrs would not be too happy !! :D

Book went up in flames bout fifteen years ago Kempy!!! Happily married man these days mate!! Ain't stepped foot in a nightclub for ten years bud, don't think the dance moves would look too sharp with this physique now!!! Hope the leg on the mend, take it easy mate x

Rappo.... Was that the great G.Jewell?

Book went up in flames bout fifteen years ago Kempy!!! Happily married man these days mate!! Ain't stepped foot in a nightclub for ten years bud, don't think the dance moves would look too sharp with this physique now!!! Hope the leg on the mend, take it easy mate x

You would look pretty impressive on the door though Mark, just a suggestion.

That must have been when you donned the green shirt of the mighty Hayle when Perry and Colin were in charge.

Remember us all having a night out in L2 and you seemed to know every tom, **** and harry in there.

Good night that was Skyblue!! Wanted to show Quinny the bright lights of Truro mate!!! :-)

Ps) Asterix, Graham! What a Goalscorer and gentleman!

PPs) Agree with that Dave! They were the days when you would come home black and blue most Saturdays!!! Some scary centre halves back in those days mate!!!