Cornwall Football Forum

Who's going to be new Falmouth Town manager??

off down pzance ?,,i was not being used by the 1st team managment at the time and was not even kept on the retaining list from the previous season. i was simply regretably helping a mate out "bryn" whilst we "fal 2nds" didnt have a fixture ! so how am i talkin out my ass !

fal town reserve captain here...congrates to paul and roys move to wendron and thanks a lot to the players who have walked away mid season from the club when your needed the most ! i doubt you can walk away from a great club with your heads held high as wat you have done is guttless and bang out of order ! the reserves now basically just have to fullfill their fixters and get wat we can. the players that have left would of all been capable of playing for the 1st team and helping the club out as a whole, not really gave rob, les, the lads which are sticking together and fal town much respect here boys hey ! shame on you all ! got no prob players leaving in summer, giving any managment time to build a bigger squad, which is something paul n roy didnt do this season due to a few lads about last season and not getting fresh faces to the club .but half way through the season ? when really we need to all pull together and not just off ! nice 1 lads ! :clapper: ... we had a great season last yr which by no means was easy and now when the chips are down and your needed to really work for a result on a sat says it all about the players that have gone. no doubt the clubs you join wiil lick your ass n tell you how great you are and how you will be such a credit to them but underneath they no aswell as everyone else your not loyal and wouldnt stick around when times are tough. will end my post by thanking all the loyal fal town players who are still at the club and invite any players who are maybe not playing or not signed on to any other combo team to lend a hand,,cheers dave. :angry:

Well said.

Like most local loyal fal town players never ever got an interest from the manager at that time. No wonder Dave wanted 90 minutes in the same division as towns first team when combo didn't have a fixture. Dave is a massive asset to fal town football club and all in all he would be the only one up there spending his wage packet when Carey decided to play him when he was short.

fal town reserve captain here...congrates to paul and roys move to wendron and thanks a lot to the players who have walked away mid season from the club when your needed the most ! i doubt you can walk away from a great club with your heads held high as wat you have done is guttless and bang out of order ! the reserves now basically just have to fullfill their fixters and get wat we can. the players that have left would of all been capable of playing for the 1st team and helping the club out as a whole, not really gave rob, les, the lads which are sticking together and fal town much respect here boys hey ! shame on you all ! got no prob players leaving in summer, giving any managment time to build a bigger squad, which is something paul n roy didnt do this season due to a few lads about last season and not getting fresh faces to the club .but half way through the season ? when really we need to all pull together and not just off ! nice 1 lads ! :clapper: ... we had a great season last yr which by no means was easy and now when the chips are down and your needed to really work for a result on a sat says it all about the players that have gone. no doubt the clubs you join wiil lick your ass n tell you how great you are and how you will be such a credit to them but underneath they no aswell as everyone else your not loyal and wouldnt stick around when times are tough. will end my post by thanking all the loyal fal town players who are still at the club and invite any players who are maybe not playing or not signed on to any other combo team to lend a hand,,cheers dave. :angry:

Loyalty to one club seems a rare thing nowadays. At higher levels I can understand players being persuaded by cash rewards(dont agree with it, but understand it) At this level I dont get it. Is it going where they expect to win trophies, is it sticking with a manger they like/respect. I hope the players that stick with their club through the bad times are appreciated when the good times come again...which they will.

I find it amusing that players and managers really dislike clubs when they play against them (lost count of the number of "grudge matches" that Falmouth have played ) Only for weeks later to find out that those same people have gone to those very clubs!!!

Spoken from his heart ?? More like his ass ... All this from a player that off down Penzance and got injured for ANOTHER club give it a rest

Hi Penfold

Just to confirm that Dave appeared for Penzance for one game with the agreement and knowledge of FTAFC to help out a fellow local club struggling for numbers. The seconds had no game and due to an oversight, was not on our retained list for the first team at that stage. When Dave is fit again he will be available for both the Combo and CSWPL teams at Falmouth Town AFC.

Happy to clear that up for you!

Steve Kimberley

Falmouth Town AFC

Head of Football

B)

Dave helped myself and Denty out for 2 games as he wasnt required in Mr Careys plans at Falmouth Town 1st team. He got injured in the 2nd of those games. Dave and myself also came to the agreement that if Falmouth town combo had no game and we were playing Falmouth Town 1st team, Dave would have no part in that game. Dave is a top player and Falmouth town will benefit in my opinion to taking him up to 1st team when hes back fit. Good luck to whoever takes over at Falmouth town combo.

WHEELER, I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "Dave was,nt required in Careys plans" Now Major is licking Dave's a** because they are short on quality players, But did the "Head of Football" not think to let Mr Carey know what a quality player was available in the reserve side last season. A note to Dave just think how you came to town last season, did'nt Paul help you out alot? Think you are way out of order on this one mate!!!!!!!

WHEELER, I think you hit the nail on the head when you said "Dave was,nt required in Careys plans" Now Major is licking Dave's a** because they are short on quality players, But did the "Head of Football" not think to let Mr Carey know what a quality player was available in the reserve side last season. A note to Dave just think how you came to town last season, did'nt Paul help you out alot? Think you are way out of order on this one mate!!!!!!!

Oh Dear Deadcert!! Yet another anonymous expert hiding behind a psuedonym!! I don't need to lick Dave's or anyone's a**e for that matter. I have never interfered in any managers choice of players whether it be for a squad or team for a game. That's what you have managers for in case you hadn't realised?!

Dave will have the same chance as any of our players to impress Les and Robbie when he returns from injury.

Steve Kimberley

Falmouth Town AFC

B) ;)

Mr Kimberley I think your problem is you have been wearing tinted glasses for to long and only looking at first team affairs and trying to compete at a monitory level u could never sustain you had the chance to sort this out when bowker and co left but no u put mr Carey in charge someone whom u must have known would drain the club of any finance it had!!! In paul murray u had a local man with great local player pulling power and also a great financial mind and financial contacts. You have let this frustrated man just walk away from falmouth without even trying to keep him. Your priority should have been to keep Paul at the club if you had your future may have been secure but at the moment you are in big trouble letting players leave with no 7 day notices what's going on your letting your ship sink badly. I feel really sorry for the new 1st team managers just brought in as fall guys for failure and to take the blame away from certain people's incompetence. Good luck to paul and Royston at wendron I really cannot belive falmouth have just let you walk away.

Mr Kimberley I think your problem is you have been wearing tinted glasses for to long and only looking at first team affairs and trying to compete at a monitory level u could never sustain you had the chance to sort this out when bowker and co left but no u put mr Carey in charge someone whom u must have known would drain the club of any finance it had!!! In paul murray u had a local man with great local player pulling power and also a great financial mind and financial contacts. You have let this frustrated man just walk away from falmouth without even trying to keep him. Your priority should have been to keep Paul at the club if you had your future may have been secure but at the moment you are in big trouble letting players leave with no 7 day notices what's going on your letting your ship sink badly. I feel really sorry for the new 1st team managers just brought in as fall guys for failure and to take the blame away from certain people's incompetence. Good luck to paul and Royston at wendron I really cannot belive falmouth have just let you walk away.

Well put Tine boy, I think due to Mr Kimberleys lack of "local" football knowledge

A message to Tine Boy and Deadcert...If you would like me to put you straight on the many inaccuracies contained in Tine Boy's posting then please give me a call on 07799030357. You have made certain statements without actually knowing the real facts which is misleading to anyone reading them.

Please feel free to contact me and I will call you back to save your bill, although in fairness I don't expect to hear from either of you!!

Steve Kimberley

Falmouth Town AFC

;)

Yes, perhaps.

It's just a shame to see a club "SEEM" to implode, and then the public bickering doesn't help.

If you look at clubs in the combo, especially reserve sides they have a couple of decent seasons then have a couple in the doldrums. Penryn had a couple of good seasons and are now mid-table, now it's going to be Falmouth's turn. Next it will be someone else.

Like I said we all like to read everyone blaming everyone but a forum is not the right place.

Mind you if you do have any juicy gossip I can write about it in my newspaper column if you want to be quoted! :o

Even though it's very tittilating for the rest of us to read this squabble between the Falmouth faithful and management, don't you think this should be left to your next committee meeting at Bickland Park not a forum open to all.

Some things are best said in private.

CTB

Its called a forum, if you sign up - expect to be shot at, simples.

I've read all the postings over the last few days and it does make me laugh.... id like to state for the record that Steve & myself were approached regarding this job and for a time we were very interested but we decided to retracted our initial interest for a few reasons before we got the chance to even speak with Les & Rob - at no point did either of us turn down the position as it was never actually offered to us..

having played for the club for over 10 years under various managers and chairman i can honestly say that in Les & Rob Falmouth have the right people in charge to turn this corner and all though Mr Kimberley seems to be coming under some scrutiny for what ever reason he has the clubs interest at heart.

Lets hope a manager is appointed soon and i wish whoever it is all the best for the remainder of the season.

Granty

Granty, thanks for the honesty you've shown in your post mate. You & Steve should've met Uncle Les & myself, I'm sure we'd have got on very well. I wish you both all the very best at Athletic for the rest of the season. Dave Rawlings is drumming up the lads while he's injured, and I'm sure he'll get them goin. Hope he doesn't like the management thingy too much, he may not wanna play anymore!? Haha. It could even be him at centre half with me behind him!? Ok, that would def have worked a few years ago, maybe not in my case now!!?

Granty, thanks for the honesty you've shown in your post mate. You & Steve should've met Uncle Les & myself, I'm sure we'd have got on very well. I wish you both all the very best at Athletic for the rest of the season. Dave Rawlings is drumming up the lads while he's injured, and I'm sure he'll get them goin. Hope he doesn't like the management thingy too much, he may not wanna play anymore!? Haha. It could even be him at centre half with me behind him!? Ok, that would def have worked a few years ago, maybe not in my case now!!?

You as a defender - NAH!!!!!!

Two Combo cup wins back to back with myself & Simon Fisher at the back, all made a lot easier with Kimmo behind us between the sticks. Just goes to show the impossible can be done? Haha.

Two Combo cup wins back to back with myself & Simon Fisher at the back, all made a lot easier with Kimmo behind us between the sticks. Just goes to show the impossible can be done? Haha.

Whats that 12 games, defender - nah. Decent on the wing though.

I played two full seasons back there, in fact the last two seasons where I played & wasn't managing. Thoroughly enjoyed it & like I said we won back to back Combo cups. I didn't say I was better back there than out on the left wing, but Fish thought it was good. Anyhow, distant memories now, dinosaurs still roamed the earth back then!

Stevo, Kempy and Joser all talking football!! Be a good night out round a table that one!! Few memories and good stories there! Randell would absolutely kick the granny out of you for 90 minutes but was the nicest bloke in the bar after!! You don't see centre halves like that anymore!!.......thank god. :-)