Cornwall Football Forum

Martin Burgess quits Liskeard

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Al Capone.....or should i say JOHN SCHOLES!!!!! Stop insulting or forming opinions before the guy has had a chance to prove himself. I think you maybe tapping him up soon for a vospers re-call because now your mate Burgess has gone, you aint going to be playing in the top league as you are an awful player with a terrible attitude son. You strut around the pitch thinking you own the joint, acting the hard fella, but you are absolutlely shocking pal. I see you got sent off yesterday, hardly suprising matcho man!! give the lad a chance you ill-educated wannabee.

MQ has always supported the club, not just by fund-raising etc and spending a small fortune, behind the bar (another thing alot of 1st squad dont do!) but he also stepped up and ran the first team, leaving the seconds, when they were manger-less a few seasons ago. so as far as i can see he has always supported.

browner are you suggesting players should drink and drive just to put money behind the bar at your beloved club?

In my playing days I travelled as far as wiltshire for games and over an hour for a home game so would grab myself a quick orange juice and head home.

I certainly dont think anyone at any of the clubs I played for thought any less of me for this!!

So unless liskeard can produce a full squad of players good enough to play at swpl level and who live in walking distance of the club house I really feel your silly statement about players not spending their money in your bar is an absolute joke my friend.

If you feel that strongly about first team players drinking in the bar after games perhaps YOU should put you hand in your pocket and get a round in!!!

Well we don't drink at the same pub Ry but know enough to form a oppinion.

Just saying the league he's in ATM isn't even as strong as P&D prem.

So massive step! From where he is now....

I'm afraid your knowledge of local football isn't as good as you may like to think AL, as there hasn't been a premier division in the P&WDCFL (aka P&D) since season 2009-10. :D Keep up laddie!

Think Barry fry up should change his name to Barry stir up ! Don't think browner mentioned drink driving !

That would be why I started my post with a question!

And I do believe I never asked you!

May well change my name, does have a ring to it! only if you change yours to petrol?

Im interested to know how many watch liskeard seconds?

They must get a few if the amount of MQ worshippers on here are anything to go by!

Has liskeard got a mayor???

MQ has always supported the club, not just by fund-raising etc and spending a small fortune, behind the bar (another thing alot of 1st squad dont do!) but he also stepped up and ran the first team, leaving the seconds, when they were manger-less a few seasons ago. so as far as i can see he has always supported.

browner are you suggesting players should drink and drive just to put money behind the bar at your beloved club?

In my playing days I travelled as far as wiltshire for games and over an hour for a home game so would grab myself a quick orange juice and head home.

I certainly dont think anyone at any of the clubs I played for thought any less of me for this!!

So unless liskeard can produce a full squad of players good enough to play at swpl level and who live in walking distance of the club house I really feel your silly statement about players not spending their money in your bar is an absolute joke my friend.

If you feel that strongly about first team players drinking in the bar after games perhaps YOU should put you hand in your pocket and get a round in!!!

not i don't-but maybe share lift down, take it in turns to drive?? there is even a train station in liskeard!!! maybe if i knew some of the first team player by name i would offer them a drink, but seen as though none of them can be bothered to even make the 25minute trip to train with the 2nd team the chances of that are slim. the sports association (football, rugby,hockey,cricket,tennis) at liskeard, which runs from the sports club which my 'beloved bar' is found in, provides, and pays for all the upkeep of changing rooms, boilers to heat the hot water in the showers (which doesnt always work) the mowers to cut the grass on the pitch, so the money spent behind the bar keeps the club going. the workers behind the bar do so on a volunteer basis, to which QE has put a lot of hours in, along with many others to ensure that there is a place to go after the game....and oh....even get changed so we can play football!!

Don't have to be asked as your not my dad and its an open forum !

Went too watch the seconds the other week and the man on the gate said he doesn't take this much money when the firsts are at home which considering they charge double answers your question.

Obviously only if I'm allowed to answer it :)

Don't have to be asked as your not my dad and its an open forum !

Went too watch the seconds the other week and the man on the gate said he doesn't take this much money when the firsts are at home which considering they charge double answers your question.

Obviously only if I'm allowed to answer it :)

ahh but can you be sure im not your dad??? ;)

thanks for the information....son

Will have to make a point of watching MQ boys in action,

which fixtures shall i look out for? first or seconds?

Well we don't drink at the same pub Ry but know enough to form a oppinion.

Just saying the league he's in ATM isn't even as strong as P&D prem.

So massive step! From where he is now....

I'm afraid your knowledge of local football isn't as good as you may like to think AL, as there hasn't been a premier division in the P&WDCFL (aka P&D) since season 2009-10. :D Keep up laddie!

Splitting hairs there numb nuts!

The standard he's managing (Totnes seconds) not as good as the top league P&D those are the facts.

Well said browner. Your making Barry fry up look like a right tool. People who are involved with liskeard and know Mq know the truth and what goes on, so anyone who chooses to read and believe all the rubbish on here then more fool them!!!!

Tool...... ouch! stop it

i think what alma is trying to say is that u are giving it the big one-when in reality you know nothing!!! in my opinion, there is enough talent in the area to put out a side that could survive (which is no more than what the current team are doing) in the SWPL. e.g.. 2nd team played a friendly against bodmin side (and yes it was a friendly, with a few fringe players in) but held there own for more than 60mins. but theese politics are nothing new at lux park,

Think Barry fry up should change his name to Barry stir up ! Don't think browner mentioned drink driving !

That would be why I started my post with a question!

And I do believe I never asked you!

May well change my name, does have a ring to it! only if you change yours to petrol?

Im interested to know how many watch liskeard seconds?

They must get a few if the amount of MQ worshippers on here are anything to go by!

Has liskeard got a mayor???

Think they have Baz, more importantly has Plymouth got dog wardens???????

Echo that browner!!!!

Well said browner.

Are you browner's nodding dog??? Yes browner no browner 3 bags full browner! can I clean your boots browner!

NOT "giving it the big one" just love winding all you carrot crunchers up!! :P

Liskeard = 2 teams both awful. fact

must have lots of dogs in liskeard all the bites im getting!! ha ha ha ha :yahoo:

Echo that browner!!!!

Well said browner.

Are you browner's nodding dog??? Yes browner no browner 3 bags full browner! can I clean your boots browner!

must have lots of dogs in liskeard all the bites im getting!! ha ha ha ha :yahoo:

2010 - 2011, third in league ,missed promotion by 1point,

2011 - 2012, champions,

2012 - 2013 Currently joint top!!!

Not what I would class as awful!

MQx

Echo that browner!!!!

Well said browner.

2010 - 2011, third in league ,missed promotion by 1point,

2011 - 2012, champions,

2012 - 2013 Currently joint top!!!

Not what I would class as awful!

MQx

2 seasons to get out of East Cornwall 1, wouldn't say it's the greatest achievement in Liskeards history, considering most of the second team think they merrit a start in the first team.