Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League results for Saturday November 17th, 2012

Div 5 Helston 3 v Newquay 2

exciting game to watch. Newquay went 2 up in 15 mins, but Helston looked the better team pulling a goal back just before the break from a great finish from Craig tanner. Second half Helston started brightly and within 5 mins equalised through a rare goal from Charlie Conway. After that there was only ever one team in it but it looked like it was going to be one of those days, with a hat full of chances missed and a missed penalty too. But with 4 minutes left great composure from Tom lake with a neat finish ensured helston got the points they deserved

Division 4

Wendron 6 St Ives 1

Good result for wendron after a strong start for a young St Ives team who battled to the end.

Keir Dent also known as the infamous K-Dogg had a hat trick, Kyle cook 2 and andrew jenkins with wendron goals.

Massive shout out to Tony Turner who got man of the match at the grand old age of 59

Good luck to St Ives for the rest of the season

Guest BenTheYeti

Division 2

Falmouth Athletic Reserves 0 - 7 St Ives Town Reserves

Obviously, I won't be doing my usual essay today, as I barely know some of the players' names!

Conditions at Dracaena were great for football, unfortunately the pitch was rather boggy (I swear there was a life preserver hanging on the posts in the top goal just in case one of the keepers started to sink...) which didn't help either team one bit.

St Ives started brightly and saw plenty of the ball, with both wingers covering more ground in the first 45 minutes than I do in a season. After various half chances came and went, the first goal duly came, when a free kick from 25 yards was fired in low and hard and through the unfortunate keepers hands and legs and in.

Falmouth, (who I believe have lost a few players recently and looked different to the team I personally played against earlier in the season) pressed for an equaliser through the usual threat of Ben Kellow, but couldn't find a way through a tight defence. Just before half time, St Ives got a crucial second goal after a quick break forward led to Alex Brown curling in a lovely top corner effort

HT 0-2

With the next goal looking like being a crucial one, St Ives came out of the blocks flying and quickly added a couple more goals from close range. This put paid to the game as a result, but massive credit to Falmouth for never giving up and contiuning to try and create chances, but the St Ives lads (and I mean lads.. every bugger bar one is younger than me!) were flying and 3 more goals duly followed, and to be honest there could have been more, with the crossbar and post both being hit.

Obviously, it's all a bit new to me, but the lads were delighted with the result and from where I was stood, it was good watching.

Thought Mr Beckham (the ref that is!) was very good, dealt with some handbags being chucked about in the first half very well and got all the decisions right in my opinion

Div 5

ST.ERME. (2). 4. Hill 72, 85. Rapsey 9, Spencer 33,

TROON. (0). 0

Apologies to the Troon lads for the long grass and slippery pitch underneath which made it hard to play much decent football to be honest. Probably not what they are used to with the lovely set up at Grouter Park these days. Both keepers made four or five great saves and Troon can count themselves a bit unfortunate to lose by four goals. Bit of a goal mouth scramble for the first and I was in the right place at the right time to scramble a back heel over the line through a crowd of players. Second goal was the best of the day with a great strike from centre half Chris Spencer into the bottom corner and young Dean Hill scored a couple last 15, slotting home from a narrow angle after the keeper pulled off a great full stretch save off me curler after a great pass from Els Jolly and then he rounded the keeper to side foot home although the defender made a great effort to keep it out. Good luck to Troon for the rest of the season, tall team!!!

Titans 7 Madron 0

comfortable game with some nice football played, two more goals for stu hull and two for adam brown, who taunted the centre half all afternoon before j cooper went up and scored two himself. Well reffed again by nigel nicholls who had an unsavoury moment that he should never have had but unfortunately sometimes theres one individual that lets down the rest. won't be elaborating but no place in football for some people. anyway 3 points and looking forward to welcoming rosudgeon in the percy stephens cup next week .

Trelawny League Div. 1

Pool Utd 2 .v. Perranporth Res 2

Feels like a loss as we were 2 up with minutes remaining. We've had a couple of weeks without a game and last time out we got turned right over by West Cornwall so happy to stop the rot of our losing streak. A fairly even opening 20 minutes or so, i'm not sure when we scored our goal but it came after Liam 'Stokes' Marshall went on a positive run down the wing after being played in by Rob Penfold. Liam's cross found Glen 'Fudge' Richards who still had a bit of work to do but managed to find the bottom corner of the net. To be fair Perranporth went on to play some tidy football and asked a few questions of us but we defended well and the chances they created were half at best.

Perranporth started the second half strongly but when play broke down in our defensive third early on, James Isaacs passed to Shaun Isaacs who played a delightful ball down the wing for Stokes to go on another run. His cross was parried to the edge of the box by the visiting 'keeper where Richie Ward collected the ball and hit home. From here on in it was a pure battle with Perranporth creating numerous chances. They were unlucky with a couple of headed efforts from set pieces that only just went over. With minutes left we managed to catch 2 of their forwards offside but not another and their lad slotted into the bottom right corner of the net despite our 'keeper getting a hand to it. Perranporth's equaliser had a bit of controversy surrounding the build it. Their lad was challenged and went mental at the ref using some 'strong words' I'll say. We stopped, expecting the ref to blow, but he didn't! The ball was played through and Maurice Isaacs felled their lad in the box. Penalty. Converted. Full time. Perranporth will feel they deserved something from the game so overall a draw was probably the right result.

All the best to Perranporth FC for the season.

Sennen 2-3 Chacewater (HT 1-2)

Excellent game played in the sunshine. A well taken Jamie Nicholls goal gave Sennen the lead, but Chacewater levelled on the half hour with an excellent strike. They then made it 2-1 after a mistake in the Sennen defence.

Sennen came out in the 2nd half strong and Jamie Nicholls soon made it 2-2. With 2-2 being the score and 15 mins to go, Sam Owen got put through on goal but only managed to hit the post from close range, when he should have scored. But with 10mins to go a defensive mix up allowed Chacewater to score their 3rd and go on to win.

Very close game, a draw would've been a fair result.

Gwinear Res 1 Marazion res 3

Great game to watch, even for me lol. Had everything and 2 teams who really wanted to win. Great credit to Marazion they played superbly and have a fine side full of pace. Great banter in the pub after aswel. Nice bunch of lads. All the best for the season.

Guest smashing pumpkin

Trelawney 1

Camborne School Of Mines 3-2 Rosudgeon (HT 1-1)

A late penalty gave a very good CSM side the win.

In the reverse fixture Rosudgeon were outplayed, however a much more even contest this afternoon.

Extremely well reffed by Phil Cuthbert

phil cuthbert is a great ref.

Trelawny League Div. 1

Pool Utd 2 .v. Perranporth Res 2

Feels like a loss as we were 2 up with minutes remaining. We've had a couple of weeks without a game and last time out we got turned right over by West Cornwall so happy to stop the rot of our losing streak. A fairly even opening 20 minutes or so, i'm not sure when we scored our goal but it came after Liam 'Stokes' Marshall went on a positive run down the wing after being played in by Rob Penfold. Liam's cross found Glen 'Fudge' Richards who still had a bit of work to do but managed to find the bottom corner of the net. To be fair Perranporth went on to play some tidy football and asked a few questions of us but we defended well and the chances they created were half at best.

Perranporth started the second half strongly but when play broke down in our defensive third early on, James Isaacs passed to Shaun Isaacs who played a delightful ball down the wing for Stokes to go on another run. His cross was parried to the edge of the box by the visiting 'keeper where Richie Ward collected the ball and hit home. From here on in it was a pure battle with Perranporth creating numerous chances. They were unlucky with a couple of headed efforts from set pieces that only just went over. With minutes left we managed to catch 2 of their forwards offside but not another and their lad slotted into the bottom right corner of the net despite our 'keeper getting a hand to it. Perranporth's equaliser had a bit of controversy surrounding the build it. Their lad was challenged and went mental at the ref using some 'strong words' I'll say. We stopped, expecting the ref to blow, but he didn't! The ball was played through and Maurice Isaacs felled their lad in the box. Penalty. Converted. Full time. Perranporth will feel they deserved something from the game so overall a draw was probably the right result.

All the best to Perranporth FC for the season.

what Damo said in truth...i`d like to add that the pitch at roskear is not the best and had i been there for the build up and not working i`d have asked the ref to postpone the match as the surface was unplayable and dangerous.

Full respect to the pool lads they smashed us for 30 mins with perran playing bad long ball clog heeled football...eventually we got the ball down and played to our strengths with scott yendle playing a blinder on the right wing...again.The lad damo referred too is ross and having played rugby to a very high standard he has a little bit of a temper on him! and plays footie in the same spirit...he did change the game though giving pool defenders a nightmare for the last 40 mins.I have to say the result was a fair one and that there was a penalty for both teams not given.That said the ref had a blinder controlling what would have certainly been a bloodbath otherwise.We look forward to entertaining pool at our place...thanks for the beers and food good bunch of lads....special praise has to go to pools no10 for controlling several incidents that could have turned nasty...turns out you is the manager as well...good luck for the rest of the season fellas

Battle Royal Part Deux

Div 5 : Gwinear Res 1-3 Marazion Res

After another 3 point deduction for reasons far beyond my limited intelligence we knew this was a six pointer against the league leaders. Having played them earlier this season we knew we were in for another bruising encounter on their home turf. The game started as expected, committed challenges on a pitch that was cutting up quickly. We started well and scored first after good work from Matty Thomas, Jason O'Sullivan crossed and Liam Mooney scored with a tap in. Then a moment of frustration for us, what looked like a tame shot from distance was spilled by Eric in goal and Jody Hampton had a simple tap in. Eric claimed it bobbled but was a howler on a mega scale. There were few chances for either side for the rest of the half but with a few minutes until half time Jason popped up in the box to score from close range after being set up by Matty. Gwinear had I think 3 players booked in the first half and to be fair I don't think there could be any complaints for any of them.

Second half wasn't as entertaining as the first. Gwinear used their height with balls into the box which we coped with reasonably well and we were looking to catch them on the break with our pace. Gwinear tried to claim a penalty when James Burlington saved on the line but the muddy ball mark clearly showed it was on his shoulder. There were really only half chances for the rest of the half until the last few minutes. Playing for time in the corner Jason then saw a chance and beat a half hearted challenge and squared the ball for Liam to shoot past the keeper and a couple of defenders.

This was a hard fought game and like The Gaffer said we had good banter afterwards. Gwinear may be a physical side but they have some talented players and a real togetherness. I don't think there is much between us and them and I hope both sides get promoted as long as we don't lose anymore points....!!!

The ref was probably the best we have had this season. Only young but don't think he got one decision wrong. There were a lot of tough challenges and he was spot on for all of them.

Eric Sleeman

James Burlingham

Adam Martin

Adam Caul

Jamie Mooney

Matt Thomas

Craig Rennard

Dale Vigus

Steve Hunt

Jason O'Sullivan

Liam Mooney

ST JUST 1 V 0 TREVENSON

1st three points of the season for st just great all round performance. Did have the luxury of are 1st team not having a game so reinstated 2 players. One being Neil Curnow. Saying that tho trevenson had chances and could of easily got a point out of the game.

Wouldnt normally reinstate players but been on the receiving end of it lots of times from other clubs. All the best to trevenson for the rest of the season really enjoyed todays game

Guest BenTheYeti

bentheyeti

have you transfered from halsetown to st ives town?

Yes mate, was contemplating throwing my boots in the wardrobe to collect dust and becoming a spectator at the grand old age of 28. However, I've known the St Ives manager before I could kick a ball (so.. roughly 3 weeks) and he wanted someone to go along and make him look not so old!

Heard I missed out on playing on the main pitch at Wendron today and that Halsetown gave a debut to a young lad in goal, hope today's experience didn't put him off!

Div 4

Mawnan 2-3 Troon

Troon goals from Daniel Claypitt Ashley Wills and Rob Oldland

Thought it was division 3!!!

Troon continue to be mawnans bogey team! they always up there game and play really well against mawnan. I would say troon who were depleated were well up for it and fought for every single ball! Mawnan were awarded a penalty in the 88th minute to make it 3-3 and unfortunately missed, i dont think it was a penalty, so maybe justice was served. Always a good game between these sides with good banter and played in good spirit! good luck for the season and im sure they will climb the league quickly.

Mawnans goals

Chris Wood x 2

Guest smashing pumpkin

bentheyeti

have you transfered from halsetown to st ives town?

Yes mate, was contemplating throwing my boots in the wardrobe to collect dust and becoming a spectator at the grand old age of 28. However, I've known the St Ives manager before I could kick a ball (so.. roughly 3 weeks) and he wanted someone to go along and make him look not so old!

Heard I missed out on playing on the main pitch at Wendron today and that Halsetown gave a debut to a young lad in goal, hope today's experience didn't put him off!

halsetown young keeper made some good saves today. made a couple of mistakes but hes young and will learn from that and make him a better keeper.

Div 2

Frogpool & Cusgarne 0 - 4 Trispen

Not a good day at the office for Frogpool unfortunately. We never really turned up and struggled to play the style of football that we have become accustomed to in recent years. Fair to say this is one we'll put down to experience and look forward to the next game. Full credit must be given to Trispen though, who came at us from the first whistle and didn't let up for the full 90 minutes. They fully deserved their win and wish them all the best for the rest of the season.

Div 4

Mawnan 2-3 Troon

Troon continue to be mawnans bogey team! they always up there game and play really well against mawnan. I would say troon who were depleated were well up for it and fought for every single ball! Mawnan were awarded a penalty in the 88th minute to make it 3-3 and unfortunately missed, i dont think it was a penalty, so maybe justice was served. Always a good game between these sides with good banter and played in good spirit! good luck for the season and im sure they will climb the league quickly.

Mawnans goals

Chris Wood x 2

your right it is div 3! Troon turned up today with a bare 11 and no goalkeeper and I think put in a top performance considering.. good lads at mawnan... Look forward to playing your 1st team in a few weeks time in the junior cup!

Battle Royal Part Deux

Div 5 : Gwinear Res 1-3 Marazion Res

After another 3 point deduction for reasons far beyond my limited intelligence we knew this was a six pointer against the league leaders. Having played them earlier this season we knew we were in for another bruising encounter on their home turf. The game started as expected, committed challenges on a pitch that was cutting up quickly. We started well and scored first after good work from Matty Thomas, Jason O'Sullivan crossed and Liam Mooney scored with a tap in. Then a moment of frustration for us, what looked like a tame shot from distance was spilled by Eric in goal and Jody Hampton had a simple tap in. Eric claimed it bobbled but was a howler on a mega scale. There were few chances for either side for the rest of the half but with a few minutes until half time Jason popped up in the box to score from close range after being set up by Matty. Gwinear had I think 3 players booked in the first half and to be fair I don't think there could be any complaints for any of them.

Second half wasn't as entertaining as the first. Gwinear used their height with balls into the box which we coped with reasonably well and we were looking to catch them on the break with our pace. Gwinear tried to claim a penalty when James Burlington saved on the line but the muddy ball mark clearly showed it was on his shoulder. There were really only half chances for the rest of the half until the last few minutes. Playing for time in the corner Jason then saw a chance and beat a half hearted challenge and squared the ball for Liam to shoot past the keeper and a couple of defenders.

This was a hard fought game and like The Gaffer said we had good banter afterwards. Gwinear may be a physical side but they have some talented players and a real togetherness. I don't think there is much between us and them and I hope both sides get promoted as long as we don't lose anymore points....!!!

The ref was probably the best we have had this season. Only young but don't think he got one decision wrong. There were a lot of tough challenges and he was spot on for all of them.

Eric Sleeman

James Burlingham

Adam Martin

Adam Caul

Jamie Mooney

Matt Thomas

Craig Rennard

Dale Vigus

Steve Hunt

Jason O'Sullivan

Liam Mooney

Not a bad report Bluenose. Very good game to play in and Very good Banter (taking the P*ss out of Eric) After lol. Good luck for the Rest of the season.

Division 3.

Gulval Reserves 3 v 5 Redruth United Reserves

Well it's definitely getting better boys. Although we lost (again) the boys are starting to show a togetherness and spirit, which when is added to the undoubted quality we have in the side, indicates it is only a matter of time until we start picking up points again. Today we played a very experienced and well organised Redruth side who were good for the 3 points. Within about 15 mins Gulval found ourselves 0-3 down after a very bright start by 'druth which found us still in the changing rooms. However Gulval finally started to pass the ball around and a good break involving Adam and Tanz which ended in Eyeball Pete drilling it home from about 2 yards after the keeper had fumbled a cross, made it 1-3. Stoner's ridiculous torpedo throw ins were a constant threat throughout the game and paid off on about 30 mins when he launched it into the danger area and the ball ended up in the net by an unlucky Redruth player, 2-3. Gulval were certainly in the driving seat for 10-15 mins and Redruth seemed a little shaken by this. However 'druth extended their lead by 2 more goals in the last 10 mins of the first half, 2-5. Second half Gulval were positive and tried to play some decent football, but we also had a determination not to concede again and this rang true as we ended up winning the 2nd half 1-0 :thumbsup: after a great lobbed finish from Dan Hopkins. All round Gulval can take a lot from this game against the team at the top of the league and hopefully take this on into our next games.

Good luck to Redruth, it was a good fair and physical challenge today which i think both teams enjoyed.

Div 4

Mawnan 2-3 Troon

Mawnans goals

Chris Wood x 2

your right it is div 3! Troon turned up today with a bare 11 and no goalkeeper and I think put in a top performance considering.. good lads at mawnan... Look forward to playing your 1st team in a few weeks time in the junior cup!

Who missed the pen? Surely not the brown ronaldo!!!

Div 2: Titans 7 Madron 0

We were very short today and ended up being played off of the park by a decent Titans side. Was very interesting to see all of the Titans players were all on first name terms with the referee, not encouraging for the away side! Also I think a few of the Titans players may have been watching a bit too much of La Liga, flooding the referee, spending all game trying to get the opposition booked/sent off, not good to see at all! Don't usually comment on this but felt the Titans managers report was extremely biased as even he was trying to get players sent off from the sideline! Titans have some talented players but also a hat full of arrogant players too! Saying that I'd be very surprised if they didn't go up.

Pendeen Rovers Res 4 v 1 St Agnes 3rds

A game that started with Aggie having the upper hand in the opening spells & scoring one of the flukiest free kicks ever!!!!!, when the ball bounced in the 6 yard box & landed on the only dry spot in the box & bounced over the "ginger Tom cat " !!! Rovers started to get into the game & scored a delightful team goal to go in all square @ half time.

Soon as the 2nd half started Rovers started on the front foot and dominated the whole half scoring 3 times and coming close to adding to the score several times, Although Aggie never gave up & created a few chances of their own with 1 being cleared of the line ....

A good solid win for the Rovers against a solid Aggie team, would like to the chance 2 wish Aggie all the best & a good turn out from them after the game :-)

MOM- Marcus Arthur, another solid play by baby Mitchell with his 3rd CM partner :-)

Oh dear! I personally was not going to say on here about the incident that occurred but as you've wrote such a loving insight to my team perhaps the forum should know a little into yours. The ref as I have already stated was Nigel Nicholls who if anyone knows him I'm sure would agree a top ref . I have known Nigel for many years as for my players I would be surprised if few knew him on first name terms although we did have him ref the first round of the junior cup. After around 5 or 6 minutes yesterday the ref asked madrons number 5 to shut up and not get involved in another incident that had happened minute as it was. To which no. 5 replied to the ref that he would bang him out. At this point Nigel proceeded to leave the field and spoke to my players and myself and said I won't put up with that. I told the ref to send him off if that's what he heard. Fortunately Nigel being a true gent stayed as we calmed him and the situation down and the player then proceeded unsuccessfully for the rest of the afternoon to try to elbow punch kick most of our front line. Hence we were very pleased to score 7 and it was a shame it wasn't more. Madron s team as a whole were superb from the tea lady to the keeper who I personally admire. But there's always 1 . Always the same 1

Oh by the way ctrain I think you wrote Titans played you off the park I don't think they were my words. As for my players trying to get yours booked . Total bookings 0 . Should of been at least one red. Finally if you think my write up was biased maybe I should mention your keeper was outstanding all afternoon. Hope that evens up my report:)

Ooops, didn't mean to touch a nerve! Your report was not biased in terms of performance, I just think the whole incident (which I didn't actually hear) could of been dealt with better by both sides. I never like to hear the words "send him off Ref" and your players and sideline crowded the referee which is also never good. I thought the referee dealt with the situation very well. At our place your boys were all very humble in victory, this week, not so much.

Re fal athletic v st ives

With Nathan Percival stepping down after the junior cup defeat by mawnan, Jason Gilbert has stepped up and taken over, after speaking with him last night he had 5 or 6 regulars missing, myself included. Wasn't at the game like I said so cant comment, but hopefully with a few of us returning next Saturday, we can get back to winning ways and climb back up the table

Guest BenTheYeti

Re fal athletic v st ives

With Nathan Percival stepping down after the junior cup defeat by mawnan, Jason Gilbert has stepped up and taken over, after speaking with him last night he had 5 or 6 regulars missing, myself included. Wasn't at the game like I said so cant comment, but hopefully with a few of us returning next Saturday, we can get back to winning ways and climb back up the table

Aye I thought I didn't see you! And the lad who usually partners Ben Kellow up front too, he was missing I believe? To be fair, a goal back at 2 or 3-0 would have made it interesting, but once it was 3-0, the manager had the luxury of 4 subs on the bench, bringing 2 of them on and the fresher and younger legs started to tell I think.

Ctrain1 you never touched a nerve fella and believe me you couldn't wind me up if you tried all day. Simple factor is you have a player who tries to intimidate players and yesterday a referee who thanks to TItans players and management we would not let him spoil it for

everyone else. Madron included. We are never smug about victory as it always comes back to bite you one day in the a-- . We have a good team but unless we end up on top at the end of the season it won't be enough. Plenty other good sides in our league frogpool Penryn Falmouth St

Ives and more, all capable on the day of winning. Ps I wonder if arriving on our pitch at 2.28 pm never helped you. thats always difficult

Thanks Cooky!! Found it a bit of a slog this week bud!! Old Father Time is catching up with me!! I tried to use the four hours kip I had after my nightshift excuse but to be honest I was just crap mate!!! Needed me old strike partner doing all the running then sticking it on a plate for me bud. :-) expect you had a hat-trick this morning!?! Take care pal x

There was 2 defender's, 2 midfielders and mike up front missing, I think there was more but I can't remember of the top of my head. I been working for the last few weeks so a forced lay off but will be back fresh after my rest to hopefully shore things up at the back! Change of stripes for you Ben!!

Oh I see Marksy, you must be saying that none of your players kicked or elbowed our "intimidating" player all game then? Or did you not see that? But thanks for the timekeeping advice, we'll be sure to turn up a bit earlier next time so we can have a nice little huddle too.