Cornwall Football Forum

Saltash United 2 v Plymouth Parkway 6.

I didn't go to the game tonight for various reasons.

Any views from other "ashes" supporters? Were "the ashes" that bad or was the score flattering to Plymouth Parkway?

After watching the away game at Camelford on Tuesday, where the home side fully deserved the 3 points, I had my fears about the game tonight.

From the reports in The Herald today, both Gavin Coulton and Sam Hughes were going to be missing the game tonight, if this was true, I am sure this would have had a bearing in the result.

Even though two fortunate goals in the first half gave parkway the cusion they needed, they totally deserved this win.

They worked extremely hard as a team whenever Saltash had the ball and seemed to have to have more desire and energy to win it back.

In the conditions parkway kept the ball better than Saltash and even if u don't like the way some players have an edge, it's certainly what Saltash miss. They miss leaders and players that are willing to mix it up.

Number ten for Saltash might want to look at his own game before dishing out severe bollockings to other players after conceding goals.

The running off the ball by the parkway forwards was a pleasure to watch and caused Saltash trouble all night.

Playing devils advocate, Saltash started the second half brightly and missed to sitters including a free header from six yards by Toby Clark. As they say, if these went in it could have been very different.

For me, Parkway deserved the points, still can't see them pushing Bodmin though.

Good entertainment on a wet Friday night.

I didn't go to the game tonight for various reasons.

From the reports in The Herald today, both Gavin Coulton and Sam Hughes were going to be missing the game tonight, if this was true, I am sure this would have had a bearing in the result.

Just a well done to Parkway would have done........ All teams have players missing!!!

This looks very very good for Ben elphick! Maybe saltash will regret pushing him out now tut tut how silly

I did hear parkway put in 7 days and elphick was undecided so saltash made his mind up for him? Why would you do that to someone that in my opinion has contributed as much to the games as anyone else has in the team.

im pretty sure that duds couldnt have preferred Murphy over elphick...i mean elphick is no heider but in the same way Murphy is no elphick....sign piper quick!

Agree piper would be good for saltash but isn't injury a problem at the moment for piper or is he good to go.Didnt do too well for parkway whilst there.