Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Cup Results - Sat 17th November 2012

Please can you post your results, scorers and attendances on this thread please. If you want you can text me on 07597907549 with any info.

As these are cup matches there will be no alteration to the league table or Golden Boot award but any cup goals scored will be added to the totals on the team pages.

17th November 2012

Combination League Cup 1st Round (2pm)

Falmouth Athletic (Quaid Saunder 2, OG) 3-6 Perranwell (Matt Read 2, Matt Rose, Luke Brabyn, Jimmy Thompson, OG)

Att - 20

Falmouth Town Reserves (Nathan Macintosh 2, Matt Roberts) 3-4 Holman SC (Aaron Meredith, Charlie Tasker, Jason Blight, Tarik Kalkan)

Att - 68

Illogan RBL (Ashley Kemp) 1-0 Wendron United

Att - 35

Penryn Athletic Reserves 0-2 Pendeen Rovers (Jack Willis, Ashley Ellis)

Att - 40

RNAS Culdrose (Adam Macmillan) 1-2 Mullion (Rob Carey, Alan Thomas)

Att - 25

St Day (Tom Hogarth 2, Gavin Boon) 3-1 St Agnes (Sam Kay)

(a.e.t 1-1 FT)

Att - 45

St Ives Town (Jowan May) 1-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - 37

Troon (Shane Richards) 1-6 Goonhavern Athletic (Paul Robertson 4, Luke Brown, Sam Waters)

Att - 28

Holmans thoroughly deserved the victory against a slightly under strength Falmouth side. We resigned before the game, due to a number of issues we have at the club. I wish holmans the very best for the season, and I hope that a club that is very close to my heart can go forward and improve without me and Roy.

That is definatly the biggest lost Falmouth Town has had for sometime!

Paul and Roy are both very genuine people,who without a doubt put their hearts and souls in Falmouth Town. (winning the double last year with a reserve side is not to be sniffed at either.) I have never known either Paul or Roy to quit any club in the middle of season,something big must have triggered this, because neither of them have ever jumped ship as players or managers

Think that someone at Falmouth Town FC should should try and tempt both of these guys to change their minds,as replacements of this calibre will be very hard to find!

If that does,nt happen wish them both good luck for the future

St Day deserved their win after extra time, fitness told in the end. They hit the bar twice in normal time as well, one from a great strike from the edge of the box.

Young ref reffing!!! he obviously doesn't mind foul and abusive language during a game. Calling someone a f++king c**t twice when he is within ear shot and not having a word is obviously his way of reffing. But then, the language was pretty bad all game due to frustration from some.

Pitch is good out St Day as well, after chatting with Mark he puts in a shift out there, but also gets the help of the manager and a couple of others. Goes to show that a little bit of help from within the club goes a long way.

Holmans thoroughly deserved the victory against a slightly under strength Falmouth side. We resigned before the game, due to a number of issues we have at the club. I wish holmans the very best for the season, and I hope that a club that is very close to my heart can go forward and improve without me and Roy.

My match report is following later after I've finished off my bottle of 'sailor jerrys' but thought I would just quickly write something serious. Paul was a top man today left in a frustrating but understandable position as a 2nd team coach. Lacking players he pulled on the yellow shirt following his resignation to play upfront and I can testify that he's still a bloody handful!!! Probably a good indicator of his uphill struggle was the fact as we lined up to kick off paul had to dash back in to get the 3 match balls from the changing room, lock the changing rooms grab the bottles and sort out the orange juice for half time. He's a great bloke and as his success in the past shows hes a top manager and wherever he goes from here a club will be very lucky to have him

I hope he had a bit of a laugh playing in his last game today as I enjoyed the banter we had for the 90 mins in a game which I'm sure as defending champions probably hurt a little bit more then he showed. Best of luck to Paul and I think with his loss town might need some good fortune too.

Falmouth town 3-4 Holman Sports Club

Holman goalscorers

Charlie Tasker

Jason Blight

Tarik Kalkan

Aaron Meridith

The day didn't start well. Taskys rumbled my lack of enthusiasm over the match warm up....probably going via Illogan to get to Falmouth thereby making us 20 minutes late on purpose was a bit of a give away I swear he's going to have me doing gridders before the match next week to get me back. On the Holmans squad front we had 5 out which was a bit of an improvement over the last time we travelled to Falmouth in early September when we had to kidnap two lads out of a bus queue at four lanes to make up a bare 11!!!!!

Following our experience at the theatre of dreams that is perranwell last week it was a real chore to have to play at bickland on that horrible wide nicely rolled flat pitch in perfect conditions ;). Holmans were a bit worried about a couple of our players as it looks like Aaron Meridith had been attacked by a vampire last night and he was looking a little bit white apart from the two bite marks emblazoned on his neck (she was obviously a bit peckish) and I'd bought Ben Minns a new goalie top which was a bit "figure hugging" I'm still hoping we can get him to do a "truffle shuffle" goonies style before the end of the season!

So on to the game....it's fair to say Falmouth had a depleted side out and it's already been documented that their manager had resigned before the match.....the fact he then pulled on a yellow shirt and was a pain in the ass to the Holmans defence all afternoon shows he can still do a job....I was just glad that for the first time this season I wasn't the oldest player on the pitch for once....Probably was still the most heaviest boned though!!! The visitors started quite brightly and Adam Selley with his new style haircut in a tribute to "full metal jacket" was linking up well with Tarik down the left hand side. True to form though we decided to concede a nice early goal just to get us into a familiar bickland park feeling. Luckily jase got an equaliser a few minutes later from 1 yard out and from that distance he is deadly. Scoffs in the Falmouth goal pulled off a couple of good saves but then tried a Colombian keeper special and lost the ball to our very own 16 year old you tube singing sensation Charlie tasker (singing might not be the right description) who slotted his first goal in adult football to take the away side 1-2 up. Falmouth fought back to equalise which was rather annoying but luckily Tarik found the net right on the stroke of half time and we were amazingly leading against last seasons winners.

In an effort to make things as hard as possible for ourselves I'm pretty sure our entire forward line stuck blindfolds on for shooting in the 2nd half. Their was no danger of us threatening the goal in fact the only danger we posed was to anybody walking across the car park outside the ground being hit by a jase special. Thankfully Aaron got us to 2-4 up before we entered what I like to call 'happy hour' when we descend into all getting the heeby jeebies for the last 10minutes we conceeded a goal but luckily we held out which was more then the new goalie shirt managed against bens belly!!

So Holmans go into the 2nd round of the combo cup for the first time in their history which is frankly a crap statistic but one I'm glad we've finally broken....back to league action next week as we entertain goonhavern at blaythorne

If I had known you two were playing I would have watched this game. Another Rappo type forward, you know got the knack and all arms and legs, and a master of the keep the ball short pass in Roy. It really would have been a master class from the past.

Best of luck to you both.

Feel really sorry for you both after all the hard work put in at Falmouth!!!

You should probably have taken the 1st team job on mate as we discussed the new management were always going to take your better players!!! Same happened to me at penryn as a reserve team manager it happens as it is what your there for to an extent and its hard job to do bud! Think you should take a 1st team job on as with your pulling power of quality players you will do really well mate!!!

Good luck to you and Roy big big loss to Falmourh and huge gain whereva u go next!!!

Perhaps a few games playing mate??????

If anyone wants a big fat target man and a holding midfielder, neither can run then pm us. See what the future holds. It's good to see you Dennis and fraggs are getting some decent results down at porthleven, great club, and I feel that you have got the philosophy of trying to bring through youth right, stick to your principles and results will come.

Thanks St Darren, nice to final meet you in person.

Thanks with the compliment about the pitch etc, hard work is starting to pay off but as I always say there is also another 5 men behind me working on the pitch all week so it’s down to them also.

Well done to St Agnes on a good battling game as always. Always a good team and every year around the right end of the table.

Good luck to all involved at St Agnes

Mark