Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay Afc v Falmouth Sat 17th Nov

Hi all,

It should be an exiciting clash on saturday but I can't make the matches as I am a fan from far away in Kent, although I am hoping to make one later in the season, so a short match report from anybody going would be brilliant?? (the clubs twitter feed is excellent to keep up with the scores)

Any Score Predictions??

Its been a really good season so far back in the premier Division.

Come on the Pepper Mints!!

I will do my best for the exiled 'Mints of the world, I should get a brief report on here Saturday evening.

You can keep upto date via Twitter @NewquayAFC, Tom Howe will be providing the live updates from 2.50pm. You can also find us on Facebook, search Newquay Loyal (The Supporters Page) & Newquay AFC Official. You can also find the official website at www.clubwebsite.co.uk/newquay

We are hopeful, that a good crowd will gather at Mount Wise Stadium, the programme this week has an interesting feature on past clashes between the 2 sides, going back as far as 1898/99. Pick up your copy before they sell out for £1 at the gate. Entry is £4 adults, £2 kids aged 12-16 & OAPs, kids under 12 free as are all Newquay AFC Youth players. 50/50 tickets £1, teas/coffee, Pastys, Bacon Rolls etc. Clubhouse should be open from 12.30pm for Arsenal v Spurs and after the big match, we will be showing Norwich v Man Utd.

Looking forward to this one tomorrow as it's been a few years since i've been to Mount Wise,hoping to be there by 12:30 to watch London's finest kick some Gooner ass : ) and then watch Cornwall's finest win later lol ........Anyway Up The Town,Come On You Spurs and hopefully a cracking game from two of Cornwall's premier clubs.

FT: Newquay AFC (Mark Vercesi 13, Ashley Piggott 23) 2-2 Falmouth Town (Elliott Simcox OG 68, Glen Squires 74)

Former Newquay manager was in good spirits at Mount Wise, he even said "C'mon Newquay" forgetting which dug-out he was in, Newquay went 1-0 up shortly after ! The Peppermints dominated for an hour before Falmouth realised they were in a game. Perhaps a little fortunate that Simcox was unable to get out of the way from a corner for the OG, that gave Falmouth the boost they needed. Squires struck from close range to equalise. Both sides could have gone on to win the match but some good goalkeeping and poor shooting sent both sets of fans home wondering... what if ?

Nice to see Les stick on the Red Beret as he left the pitch at the end of the match. Att 136 official.

Don't know the referees name but good to see a young referee have such a good game.

That would be James Strout from Port Isaac age 21-Hes been at the Peninsula level for about three seasons

Guessing you were the Falmouth central defender No.6.?

At a glorious sunny Mount Wise an enjoyable afternoons entertainment played in good competitive spirit

Don't know the referees name but good to see a young referee have such a good game.

That would be James Strout from Port Isaac age 21-Hes been at the Peninsula level for about three seasons

Guessing you were the Falmouth central defender No.6.?

At a glorious sunny Mount Wise an enjoyable afternoons entertainment played in good competitive spirit

Not often we come back from being 0-3 down at half-time Mike. ;)

It must have been one hell of a miss-any way i am having my cataracts assessed on Tuesday (fact)

I didn't expect such a second half rally after fading in the last quarter against Cully' last week

Great effort,great spirit and great entertainment--chances squandered at both ends so fair result.

Team line up for your programme Frank

Jason Chapman©-Steve Winnan-Bobby Bryant-Steve Retchford-Darren Friend-Tom Whipp-Dan Richardson-Karl Turner-Glen Squires-Luke Wort-Tom Dunstan-Used sub Jason Roberts(For Dunstan)

Steve Winnan 100th.appearance

Jason Roberts -Debut

Darren Friend debut 09-12-06 H v Plymouth Argyle Res.-SWL Was that his first 90 minutes?

Edit-I meant to send as a PM

It must have been one hell of a miss-any way i am having my cataracts assessed on Tuesday (fact)

Good luck with that. You weren't the only one who thought that was a goal though...I think most did at the time.

I see the Packet and Radio Cornwall reported the first goal as being scored by Bobby Bryant. Hope he gets credited with it.

I was told the radio reporter asked who scored and someone shouted No. 3 which is either Elliot Simcox (N) or Boby Bryant (FT)

according to Tony P it was an own goal

Could someone confirm?

According to the Indy mom Tom Dunstan-He and Luke Wort had different shirt Numbers according to the announcer.

I think it was meant to be Luke Wort (mom) he certainly played with a lot of confidence and purpose

I was told the radio reporter asked who scored and someone shouted No. 3 which is either Elliot Simcox (N) or Boby Bryant (FT)

Could someone confirm?

According to the Indy mom Tom Dunstan-He and Luke Wort had different shirt Numbers according to the announcer.

I think it was meant to be Luke Wort (mom) he certainly played with a lot of confidence and purpose

Luke Wort was excellent yesterday. Shame it's probably his last game for Town as he's going to Wendron.

I know the Newquay player got the last touch (a painful touch it was too), I was behind the goal. I thought it was Bobby who got on the end of the free kick and that's why he was being credited with it. I see now where the confusion arose.

Could someone confirm?

Luke Wort was excellent yesterday. Shame it's probably his last game for Town as he's going to Wendron.

I know the Newquay player got the last touch (a painful touch it was too), I was behind the goal. I thought it was Bobby who got on the end of the free kick and that's why he was being credited with it. I see now where the confusion arose.

Your joking I hope with Luke, won't be able to raise a second team in a moment!!!!!!!!