Cornwall Football Forum

Dream start for Ex Town Midfielder

Dan Green the dynamic midfielder at Falmouth for three seasons (2009-12.&124 apps) has made a dream start for his new club Dorchester Town of the Conference South.

Dan ,who moved to Truro in the summer came on as substitute for Dorchester in the F A Trophy tie at Didcot facing a 0-1 deficit and duly sent the Magpies through to the next round with two goals.

This set up a 1st round home match with former League club Luton Town

Another midfield player Craig Duff left Falmouth in the Summer of of 2011 and is still playing for Southern Premier League club Weymouth Town.

Mousehole boy Anthony Tonkin moved from Falmouth to Yeovil Town in 1998

The speedy left back now playing for Aldershot Town (FL2) has chalked up over 400 League/cup games for numerous clubs-Stockport C-Crewe A-Cambridge U-Oxford U.etc

Tony Kellow to Exeter-Roy Carter to Hereford-Joe Scott to Bournemouth are other players who have progressed from Falmouth

Indirectly Kevin Miller to Exeter

Are there any others?

Just had a pm from an ex player who reminded me of-

John Hodge 1991 to Exeter City

Well Done Dan!! Good luck from all your friends at FalmouthTown AFC!!

Steve Kimberley

Head of Football

Falmouth Town AFC

How did you acquire a title like head of football?!

I suppose if the role is to co-ordinate football matters between the 3 sections of the club - the ladies, youth and mens' teams, it's probably the most appropriate title! :thumbsup:

Well Done Dan!! Good luck from all your friends at FalmouthTown AFC!!

Steve Kimberley

Head of Football

Falmouth Town AFC

cool.pngclapper.gif

How did you acquire a title like head of football?!

I suppose if the role is to co-ordinate football matters between the 3 sections of the club - the ladies, youth and mens' teams, it's probably the most appropriate title! :thumbsup:

Thanks Dave! B)

Tony Kellow to Exeter-Roy Carter to Hereford-Joe Scott to Bournemouth are other players who have progressed from Falmouth

Are there any others?

Jamie Day. (Falmouth Utd ;) )

I thought Freddy Ingrams (?) went on to have a game for Exeter City but I'm not certain.

According to my notes Frank-

Freddie Ingham joined Falmouth from Dawliish Town 1976-77 and is remembered for scoring the only and winning goal in the C.Senior Cup Final

He was a Manchester United apprentice who went on to Stockport County for his professional career in 1971 before stepping down to Burton Albion

On leving Town i seem to think he went back to Dawlish-could be wrong

According to my notes Frank-

Freddie Ingham joined Falmouth from Dawliish Town 1976-77 and is remembered for scoring the only and winning goal in the C.Senior Cup Final

He was a Manchester United apprentice who went on to Stockport County for his professional career in 1971 before stepping down to Burton Albion

On leving Town i seem to think he went back to Dawlish-could be wrong

According to this: http://www.neilbrown...eter/exeter.htm Freddie played eight games and scored one goal for Exeter City (1977-79). They've got Town as the source club and the club transferred to, which I don't think is right. I thought he went from Town to Exeter though.

Another midfield player Craig Duff left Falmouth in the Summer of of 2011 and is still playing for Southern Premier League club Weymouth Town.

The speedy left back now playing for Aldershot Town (FL2) has chalked up over 400 League/cup games for numerous clubs-Stockport C-Crewe A-Cambridge U-Oxford U.etc

Are there any others?

A young lad called Matthew Etherington played for Falmouth Town U14s I think.

Wonder what happened to him? B)

Are there any others?

A young lad called Matthew Etherington played for Falmouth Town U14s I think.

Wonder what happened to him? B)

He became a gambling addict